The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Dear Lover [tag: zombi]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 10, 2013 17:30:12 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
"Why?"

Nagisa opened his mouth to answer, but Hyuk-jae had covered it with his own. He indulged for a moment, then pulled away again. "Why?" he repeated. "Why not?" The shorter man smiled up at him. "You're smart, funny, kind, not to mention good looking — and..." he blushed, looking away. "This sounds stupid, even to me, but ... "

Nuzzling his head under Hyuk-jae's chin, Nagisa continued. "I think there's a part of love you can't really explain, you know?" He could feel himself turning red at such a pathetic, romance-addled answer. "All I know is my chest gets fluttery when you smile at me, and that I wouldn't trade our time together for anything in the world, not even all the candy floss I could eat."

He kissed Hyuk-jae again, more gently this time. "That's stupid, isn't it?" he murmured, mostly to himself.

After a moment, Nagisa titled Hyuk-jae's head down to look him in the eye. "I'm sorry, okay? I... I was upset. That doesn't make what I did or said any better or okay, but I just ... I thought Lee was your special someone, after thinking from last night that you and I weren't — weren't anything. That's why I shut the door on you, didn't say good night, I thought that if we were just friends we wouldn't be doing that. I missed work yesterday because — " Nagisa half-laughed, half sobbed. "Because I cried all night thinking you didn't love me. I wanted to give myself a day to recuperate, to adjust, and show you my best side."

The shorter man gave a short laugh, sounding self-depreciating. "Guess I failed at that."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 10, 2013 17:30:29 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 10, 2013 21:18:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 10, 2013 21:18:11 GMT -6

"I'm not any of that stuff," Hyuk-jae said, "but that's okay." The rest of it he understood far more than Nagisa's list of reasons about his person. The Firebender couldn't help but wonder how long it would be before he disappointed Nagisa, how upset the man would be when he witnessed a fit. Held up to such a high standard, there was no way to go but down.

Reaching for him, the shorter man tugged Hyuk-jae head until their eyes met. Nagisa apologized for the things he'd said, trying to explain his behavior. Hyuk-jae wasn't sure he wanted to keep talking. It sure seemed like his previous work bothered Nagisa. Was the man going to throw it in his face every time they argued? Augh, Hyuk-je didn't want to talk about it. He preferred to just move on from the fight, step over it. They could always address the problem later, when they were both calm. Disliking how mellow Nagisa had become, he frowned.

"Because I cried all night thinking you didn't love me. I wanted to give myself a day to recuperate, to adjust, and show you my best side. Guess I failed at that."

"Yeah, kind of," said Hyuk-jae. Then he smiled. "But I forgive you. I know you're not perfect. You know I'm not perfect… don't you?" He pulled the younger man to him again, kissing him insistently. Couldn't Nagisa tell how he felt just by how he touched him? Couldn't he taste it? Trailing gentle fingers along Nagisa's jaw, Hyuk-jae let his other hand slide down the man's thigh.

How could Nagisa just want to talk at a time like this? His assertive behavior earlier already had the Firebender worked up, and he wasn't prepared to sit down and sing kumbaya together. "I don't want to talk," he pleaded, not sure if Nagisa would get the message unless he was blatant. Hopefully just kissing him against the locker wasn't the only thing the shorter man had in mind? He had seemed so ready a moment ago!

And honestly, when it came to Nagisa, Hyuk-jae was always ready.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 10, 2013 22:23:25 GMT -6

Nagisa laughed, sniffling. "Of course you're not perfect," he murmured between kisses; Hyuk-jae moved his hand down, but he grabbed it by the wrist and —

Just then, the door to the locker room flew open.

"Hey guys, your client just showed u-— ah." A shorter host stood in the doorway, his face turning a dull red under his dark skin. He averted his eyes politely but there was a small smile on his face. "Sorry to interrupt, but you're still on the clock."

Nagisa groaned, his head drooping down and resting on Hyuk-jae's chest as the door clicked shut. "I guess we should go back," he muttered roughly. He pressed up his lower body against his — boyfriend? Boyfriend! — looking up at him with a wicked grin on his face. "You can take care of this when we get home," he said, reaching around and rubbing Hyuk-jae's behind and giving it a little squeeze.

The night could not be over fast enough. Nagisa returned to the hosting floor with Hyuk-jae, his grin stretching from ear to ear as he greeted the very tardy client with a hearty hello. He looked over at Hyuk-jae frequently through the course of the night, during each client set, his eyes sparkling with excitement and promise.

Hyuk-jae seemed to have trouble concentrating; Nagisa covered for him easily, distracting the client from noticing Hyuk-jae's inattention.

When the night was over, blessedly over, Nagisa grabbed Hyuk-jae's wrist and made a beeline for the locker room, grabbing his stuff hastily and dumping it into his bag. When Hyuk-jae had gathered his things as well, Nagisa grabbed him by the wrist again and hailed a cab. "Come on," he insisted, waving his arm to flag it down, "the sooner we get back to the house the better."

It seemed obvious they'd go to Nagisa's, at least to him. Hyuk-jae started to ask if they go back to his apartment. but Nagisa shook his head, giving the driver instructions. "No, my place is closer." He leaned in close, ignoring the cabbie's upward glance into the rear-view mirror. "I mean," he whispered, "don't you want to get started?"

Nagisa all but ran up the steps when they arrived at his place, fumbling with the key and finally unlocking the door. He pulled Hyuk-jae inside, slammed the door, and pushed him up against it.

"I want you," he murmured. He caught Hyuk-jae's eye and blushed. "I do," he repeated, embarrassed by his forwardness, but a little thrilled by it as well. He'd never been one to take charge, always playing the deferring loli-boy type, and he found it to be a rush.

He kissed Hyuk-jae wherever he could, on the mouth, on the jawline; then he tugged at the turtle neck to kiss Hyuk-jae on the neck — then stopped. A faint bruise went around his boyfriend's neck. Nagisa stared at it a moment before looking up, his brows furrowed in concern.

"What's this? What happened?"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 10, 2013 22:35:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 10, 2013 22:35:03 GMT -6

When the door opened, Hyuk-jae groaned. Very audibly. He swore, pushing away from the locker, muttering something about timing and people and waiting a very long time for this, thanks very much. He spent the rest of his evening in a haze, unable to go very long without thinking about Nagisa and his lips and going home. It was torture!

He was nice enough to their clients, but it was hard to concentrate on them. Hyuk-jae let Nagisa drag him around once their last client left, quickly packing up his lunchbox and the book Lee had given him. The shorter man bossily put them into a cab despite Hyuk-jae preference for walking and turned down his suggestion of going back to the Firebender's apartment.

Well, with good reason. Nagisa's place was closer. By the time they'd gotten there Hyuk-jae had already gotten his hand up inside his boyfriend's shirt at least once and they ran, a little breathless, up the front steps. As soon as the door shut behind them Nagisa was on him, pushing him up against it. A thrill went down Hyuk-jae's spine. This was an entirely new side of the shorter man — more confident, more assertive. It was beyond attractive. The Firebender's hands went for the buttons of his shirt immediately.

"I want you."

Grinning almost indecently, Hyuk-jae crushed their mouths together, pausing his attempt to unbutton the other man's shirt. Before long he could feel his boyfriend's breath on his ear and he shivered, excited. This felt different than any other time he'd been with someone. He wasn't an idiot — he knew it was because he'd never been with someone he was in love with before. The thought of it was almost intoxicating.

Abruptly, Nagisa stopped, pulling back.
"What?" Hyuk-jae gasped, almost a whine. "No, don't stop — why are you stopping?"

"What's this? What happened?"

What was he talking abou-- oh. Yoshida, right. That man and his fetish. Hyuk-jae had forgotten about the bruising around his neck, suspiciously hand-shaped. He had a matching one about one wrist, under his red bracelet. He hadn't thought anything of them, to be honest. Yoshida was far from the first client he'd had with such desires. It wasn't something he thought twice about. That kind of thing was normal, wasn't it?

"It's nothing," he assured Nagisa, sliding his hands around the waistband of his trousers easily, teasing. "I took Y-——- a client after you shut the door in my face. Don't worry about it, it's fine, some people are just into that stuff." He shrugged one shoulder in a fluid motion, obviously unconcerned. Clearly the thought that his boyfriend might have a problem with his working after-hours had also not occurred to him.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 10, 2013 22:43:37 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 0:43:49 GMT -6

"I took Y-——- a client after you shut the door in my face. Don't worry about it, it's fine, some people are just into that stuff."

Nagisa bit his lip. Yoshida. Did that man have to muck up every time he and Hyuk-jae had something going on? It was Yoshida that time with the book, too. He looked at Hyuk-jae a moment, who shrugged like it meant nothing. Well, maybe to him. The younger man studied his boyfriend's face for a few moments before smiling. "All right," he murmured. He'd just talk about it later. "Where were we?"

Trembling with nerves and excitement, Nagisa took Hyuk-jae's hand and led him up to the bedroom, tugging at his arm impatiently as he brought him up the stairs. In the bedroom doorway, he turned back and kissed Hyuk-jae again, flicking his tongue experimentally along Hyuk-jae's bottom lip, then grinning at the reaction. He tugged Hyuk-jae's lower lip gently between his teeth..

Then they were on the bed; Nagisa roughly pushed against Hyuk-jae's shoulders, kissing him all the while, fumbling with Hyuk-jae's turtleneck and trousers, and his own clothes. Ye gads, why did his clothes have so many gosh darn buttons? For the first time since he began dressing this smartly, he lamented the expense of the clothes; otherwise, he'd just have ripped them off without a care for whether or not they tore.

The only other time Nagisa faltered was when he positioned himself above Hyuk-jae. His shyness and uncertainty resurfaced as he blushed, lowering his lashes. "I've — I've never... you know... so um... s-sorry if it's no good."

But Hyuk-jae only smiled and reassured him, saying everything would be fine, and that it would be wonderful. Swallowing his doubts and fears, Nagisa moved forward, first reciprocating the things Hyuk-jae had done before, then trying something on his own, feeling more and more confident as he progressed.

Hyuk-jae was right, he thought, lying there after, curled up next to Hyuk-jae and resting his head in the crook of his arm. It was wonderful. He wiggled, nuzzling his body up against his boyfriend's (it was wonderful to say that!).

"I love you," he murmured sleepily.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 12:07:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 12:07:08 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae was out of his mind with pleasure. Of course, he had to be patient, teaching Nagisa about what to do and where to touch him, but that was fine. It was enough that the younger man wanted to see his face, to be fully present with him. This was probably, he thought dimly, what his clients were seeking when they came to him. He had never experienced it before, certainly — and it ended much, much too soon. He knew Nagisa was inexperienced, and it wasn't like he hadn't enjoyed it… but he wanted more almost instantly, reluctant to let the shorter man pull away from him, curling up against his skin.

I love you.

"Yeah?" Hyuk-jae pulled fingers through Nagisa's hair. "I love you, too. Are you going to sleep, then?" The Firebender was easily capable of going again. Nagisa, on the other hand, seemed on the verge of passing out. "Hey. C'mon." Hyuk-jae shifted. He wasn't tired. On the contrary, he was more worked up than ever. Pressing a hot kiss to Nagisa's neck, he brushed the man's hair off the skin there, insistent. Sliding his hands down his boyfriend's torso, Hyuk-jae tested to see how sleepy he was.

At least they were both young. Nagisa responded to him as he rolled nipples between his fingers, nipping with teeth at the skin of his neck. It was obvious that the younger man was at a loss as to what Hyuk-jae wanted from him, but he could work with that. Straddling his boyfriend, he started all over again, taking as much time as possible. Learning to last took time, he remembered. They had time. Eventually, face to face, Hyuk-jae got what he wanted, even if it did wear Nagisa out entirely.

There was no keeping the younger man from sleep this time. Hyuk-jae curled up with him, both of them now exhausted. Sleeping until morning was easy enough for both of them as well, Hyuk-jae waking to shower and stretch and make coffee, shirtlessly puttering about the kitchen. He was a little distraught to see that Nagisa had basically nothing in his house to cook with. Hadn't the younger man gone to market?

By the time Nagisa came down, Hyuk-jae had picked up the living room, dusted a bookshelf, and washed the five empty mugs that sat in the sink. He fixed his boyfriend with a critical eye. "You went back to eating convenience food, didn't you?"
He'd managed to put together eggs and some stir fried vegetables, the usable bits he'd been able to salvage. As they sat down to breakfast, Hyuk-jae ruffled Nagisa's hair in an almost possessive manner.

"So…" the bruises on his skin stood out a mile by now, being a few days old and darkening in to purple. "What do you want to know?" He remembered Nagisa's being upset about his not talking about his family. "About me, I mean. You said I never talk about it. Ask me anything."

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 13:36:04 GMT -6

Nagisa was surprised that Hyuk-jae wasn't tired. He was! But, then again, Hyuk-jae was more experienced than him. Maybe it was just one of those things you got used to. Whatever the case, he was plenty happy (albeit sleepy) to have another go, Hyuk-jae patiently demonstrating what he wanted and Nagisa trying his hand at it. Nagisa kissed him, right before they finished, murmuring a bunch of unintelligible gibberish but sounding happy. He fell asleep almost instantly, a smile on his face, and slept through the night.

By the time he got up, did his morning ablutions, got dressed, and went downstairs, Hyuk-jae had already cleaned the apartment. Nagisa bit his lip, embarrassed. He had let it get into a bit of a state after Hyuk-jae moved out.

"You went back to eating convenience food, didn't you?"

He blushed a little. "Yeah," he said sheepishly. "I'm... I'm a terrible cook. I mean, I tried to cook some meat in a pan and..." He squatted in front of one of the cabinets, reaching all the way in the back and pulling out a small frying pan with a hardened black lump permanently fixed onto it. "I tried soaking it, with soap, but..." He gestured helplessly to the pan. "It didn't help. So I've been eating onigiri and instant noodles and whatever I can get from the corner store."

Miraculously, Hyuk-jae managed to scrounge up a decent breakfast from whatever was left in his icebox: eggs, and some vegetables that he stir-fried. Nagisa sat down gratefully. He hadn't had a decent breakfast since — well, since Hyuk-jae left.

"So…" the bruises on his skin stood out a mile by now, being a few days old and darkening in to purple. "What do you want to know?" He remembered Nagisa's being upset about his not talking about his family. "About me, I mean. You said I never talk about it. Ask me anything."

Nagisa looked up from his food, surprised. He had said that in the heat of the moment, and while he meant it, he hadn't expected Hyuk-jae to open up instantly.

He put down his utensils, thinking about what best to ask first. Finally he settled on a question.

"Why were you living in that place when I met you?" he asked shyly, the concern evident on his face. "The people were so mean to you, and it was in such a bad part of town!"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 14:21:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 14:21:49 GMT -6

Nagisa seemed surprised. Hyuk-jae wondered why — hadn't the man complained about his not talking about himself?

"Why were you living in that place when I met you? The people were so mean to you, and it was in such a bad part of town!"

Shrugging, Hyuk-jae ate some of his eggs. "It was the only thing I could afford," he said, quite honest. "I had been kicked out of no less than three places prior for catching things on fire during a fit. I couldn't afford much food so I was just eating whatever — it makes them worse." He looked up from his food at Nagisa. "Does it bother you so much? It was a roof over my head. They let me stay even through the fits, so I didn't really think of them as mean." Actually, it was quite nice of them not to kick him out.

Nagisa looked thoughtful, chewing his vegetables slowly for a minute. "What about your parents? I mean — why can't you go home?"

Hyuk-jae looked down at the table, scooting his food around in his bowl for a minute before answering. "Um… my parents, they…" he swallowed. "It was a big blow to them, me having fits." He set his chopsticks down and picked up his coffee. "It started when I was really little. Five years old. I don't remember. My mother, she used to work doing laundry and mending. Dad works at the power plant. We needed both jobs to get by comfortably, and — after I started having the fits, she couldn't work any more. Dad had to do overtime all the time. I wasn't allowed go to school because it was too dangerous." He glanced up at Nagisa. "You know I'm a Firebender, right?"

"Have you ever had something in your life that was supposed to make you happy, supposed to be the best and most fulfilling thing in the world, and it turned out to be nothing but work and heartache? That's what I am to my parents." He explained how hard it was, living off just his father's wages. How they'd had to pay so much to healers. How he broke things all the time, couldn't remember things that happened, set stuff on fire. It was clear after a short time that Hyuk-jae thought his parents justified in severe punishments, like locking him in a closet for two days, just as it was clear why he had winced when Nagisa came towards him in the lockers.

"Did they kick you out?"

"Hmm?" Hyuk-jae looked up, surprised. "OH! No. No, I — I left. Dad said if I left not to bother ever coming back." He rolled his earrings in his fingers, an anxious habit. Was Nagisa going to ask why he left? It was awful to remember, visiting that old Waterbending healer, being told he needed something called surgery to 'spare the world' from his affliction passing on. He'd screamed at his father and been screamed at in return. Hyuk-jae could still remember the sting of his split lip as he threw things into a bag, preparing to leave. His mother hadn't even asked him to stay.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 19:49:08 GMT -6

He hadn't imagined that Hyuk-jae's life would be so... sad. Uncharacteristically quiet, Nagisa studied his breakfast for a few minutes, trying to take it all in. He didn't understand a family who would turn out their own son like that, especially with a condition like Hyuk-jae's. Like, so what if he chose to leave? Nagisa chose to leave home too, but he was always welcome back, for a visit or longer term. He made a mental note to call his mother, like he promised, suddenly grateful for his parents' support, even if they were at times overbearing.

"I... I don't know what to say," he murmured, looking up and watching Hyuk-jae fiddle with his earrings."I'm so sorry. That's... that's awful."

The fluffy haired young man squirmed in his seat, unsure of how to continue. Not that he wasn't grateful that Hyuk-jae was sharing things with him, but how did one respond to such a terrible situation? Everything he could think of sounded stupid.

Asking about clients seemed even more stupid; Hyuk-jae had been poor, and since he couldn't hold a job well with his fits, his second job was a no-brainer. That said, there was something he needed to get out in the open.

"We can talk more about your past later, if you want," he said softly. "You look like you're uncomfortable. I don't mind waiting, you've already told me a lot." He smiled a little, then looked down, embarrassed again. Could he really ask this of Hyuk-jae? He still remembered the look of anger on his boyfriend's face back when he demanded that Hyuk-jae move out of the lousy apartment. I still have my pride!

"Could — could I ask you a favour, for me?" He pushed around the food on his plate. "I... I don't want to tell you how to do anything, or whatever, but... you — you mentioned a client, last night? Can you... can you stop seeing people on the side, for... for doing, you know... stuff..." Nagisa trailed off. Maybe this was unfair to ask Hyuk-jae. They had only started seeing each other, only confessed last night. Maybe it was too soon to ask. Maybe... maybe Hyuk-jae enjoyed his work, doing that. If he did, it wasn't any place for Nagisa to judge, now was it? Some people might say host work was similar, albeit more profitable and with more choice.

The younger man flicked his gaze upward, to the bruising on Hyuk-jae's neck, then back down swiftly. He didn't like how rough Yoshida got with Hyuk-jae, and judging by his nonchalance over it, it was something he was used to.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 20:07:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 20:07:48 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae shrugged when Nagisa said he didn't know what to say. There wasn't anything to say, was there? Not really. It was what it was, nothing more. He could see, looking at his boyfriend, that he'd made him uncomfortable. This was part of why he didn't like to talk about his family. "Look, I'm sorry," he said, wanting to comfort Nagisa somehow. "I didn't mean to —"

"We can talk more about your past later, if you want." Nagisa interrupted him. He went on to say that Hyuk-jae looked uncomfortable, and the Firebender wanted to laugh. They were both thinking the same thing about each other, weren't they? "I'm fine," he said, although he wasn't sure how true it was. Talking about his family to someone like Nagisa… it reminded him that good families existed. Functional ones. He sighed and rubbed the back of his head, leaning back in his chair. "Anyway, that's — that's why, you know, you'll probably never meet them. Even… even as my boyfriend." Which he was. Right? Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Lee was, well, basically the closest thing I have. He was nice to me, let me stay with him sometimes." Of course, they'd met in less savory circumstances and if pressed, he'd not deny that he'd slept with the man.

Lots of times, actually. And not always for money. But he'd never been in love with him. No, it wasn't like that. Maybe it was just gratitude? A misplaced sense of loyalty or owed debt? He shook his head, coming out of his thoughts as Nagisa asked him for a favor.

"Can you... can you stop seeing people on the side, for... for doing, you know... stuff…"

He felt, more than saw, Nagisa's gaze on his neck and collarbone. The bruising. Lifting a slim hand, Hyuk-jae pressed them experimentally. It didn't hurt that much. Surprised, he looked back at his boyfriend's face. Nagisa looked embarrassed. "Does it bother you?" he asked, voice very soft. Narrowing his eyes, he leaned forward, trying to get his boyfriend to meet his eyes. "Nagisa, seriously. Does it bother you? Tell me honestly."

It wasn't that he minded stopping. It was just — if he lost his job at the Club for any reason, he couldn't afford to just hawk the paper. Did the younger man understand that? How tenuous his situation was, really? He doubted it.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 20:20:26 GMT -6

"I understand about not meeting them," Nagisa murmured honestly. He wasn't sure, at this point, that he even wanted to meet them. Turning out a member of your family like that, someone who needs love and support... it was alien to him, so very wrong. He felt uncomfortable around people like that, who knowingly put their own comfort above the well being of their family.

"Does it bother you?" he asked, voice very soft. Narrowing his eyes, he leaned forward, trying to get his boyfriend to meet his eyes. "Nagisa, seriously. Does it bother you? Tell me honestly."

Nagisa looked up. "Kind of," he admitted. "I mean... part of it, I feel kinda — kinda jealous, you know? I mean..." He squirmed in his seat. What did he mean? "It's like, I know you li-- love me, I do know. And I trust you. But I already have to share you with our clients. I don't... I'm not comfortable to keep on... I mean..."

He felt like he was stumbling a lot, sounding stupid. He tried to hurry it up.

"I mean, if it's about money, we can just put in extra hours? You know? If you need help, I want to be there, to help you. So you don't have to see anyone else anymore, especially if they do.... " Nagisa gestured to his neck. "That, to you. That scares me. What if someone really hurt you, got carried away?"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 20:49:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 20:49:42 GMT -6

It bothered him. Nagisa was trying to be nonchalant about it, but it was obvious. He was jealous, which Hyuk-jae could understand. Honestly, he'd never been in a relationship. He'd never had to think about anyone else's feelings about what he was doing. It paid the bills and was easy, and that was it. His roommates had never said a word about, not any of it.

"I mean, if it's about money, we can just put in extra hours? You know? If you need help, I want to be there, to help you."

"What if I lose my job?" Hyuk-jae asked softly. "It's happened to me more times than I can count. I have no reason to believe I won't lose this one, too. What then?" Would Nagisa expect him to just live off his pity, let him pay for everything? Nagisa couldn't host forever. He needed a Plan B. For a short time, Amon and his promise of removing bending had been Plan B — but that had panned out into nothing so, so quickly.

"So you don't have to see anyone else anymore, especially if they do... That, to you. That scares me. What if someone really hurt you, got carried away?"

Hyuk-jae shrugged. "I don't know. I've never thought about it. Does it look that bad?" Really? His orange eyes were wide, surprised. It had never occurred to him. Maybe it was because his father believed in corporal punishment. He couldn't imagine one of the clients actually injuring him, not seriously. But looking at Nagisa, it seemed like the younger man was truly scared.

Scared for him? Hyuk-jae reached across the table, linking their fingers. "Yeah, whatever. Fine. I'll stop. Whatever you want." Yoshida wasn't going to like it. He cringed to think about what he'd say when he told him no further arrangements would be made. The man had been very clear about looking forward to the next time, and his plans for him.

Ugh, not that Hyuk-jae would miss it. Certainly not. "It's not that bad, though," he said, trying to reassure his boyfriend. "Seriously, I just bruise easily. I mean, lots of people like choking and stuff like that, it's really not that abnormal. I'm just, you know, really pale." Why didn't Nagisa look convinced? It was the truth. He shrugged.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 11, 2013 20:51:36 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 21:32:37 GMT -6

Nagisa fidgeted. He couldn't argue with Hyuk-jae's point. What did he know about losing work? He'd never lost a job, he'd always been the one to quit.

"Well," he said hesitantly, "if you lose your job then it's up to you how you want to handle it. I mean, if you need help with money, I can do that. Or if you just want a place to stay, like before, I can do that too. Or both. But for now, right now, you don't need it, right?"

He paused, thinking. Or maybe...

"Do you enjoy it?" Nagisa's face was curious. "I mean, last night was my first time, but, I enjoyed it. A lot." He blushed. "I can't blame you if you enjoy it. And I don't want to tell you what to do. I am jealous, a bit. It doesn't bother me because I think it's bad, in of itself, you know what I mean? I'm jealous because I don't want to share you, but I'm also selfish." It was rare that he would acknowledge such a thing.

"I admit, that... that sort of stuff scares me," he said, touching his neck. "It looks painful. And it sounds scary. I don't want you to get hurt. I know that you say a lot of people like things like that, and I can't really say I understand or know otherwise, but I do know Yoshida. And people like Yoshida. They're slimy, get kicked out of the host club a lot for being inappropriate and making our hosts and hostesses uncomfortable. There was a guy, a few months back, over on the hostess side. Got so ... into the acting that he hit another client for showing up for his schedule meeting." Nagisa shook his head. "I'm scared for you."

Nagisa looked down at his empty plate. Somehow he had managed to eat and talk at the same time. "You don't have to decide right away," he said. "I mean, I know it's sudden. Us, I mean. And I'm not going to tell you what to do." He reached over and took Hyuk-jae's hand. "I just want you to be happy. And safe."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 21:50:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 21:50:48 GMT -6

The Firebender just shrugged. "Nah," he said. "It's fine. I'll quit. If I lose my job we'll revisit the topic. Okay?" And that was that.

Except it wasn't.

"Do you enjoy it?"

Hyuk-jae laughed. "What, sex? Well, yeah. Sometimes. I'm not a huge fan of —" he stroked one of the bruises. "Y'know, this kind of thing. But everyone likes different stuff, I don't know. I, um." He blushed, pausing for a second. It took him a whole minute to swallow and keep going. "I've never… been with anybody I cared about." He caught Nagisa's eyes with his own. "Except you. That was a first for me."

It was funny. He'd never thought about whether he enjoyed it or not. Obviously he got off, of course. Plenty of times, especially when the client was interested in making it happen. But… it wasn't like what Nagisa was talking about, what happened between them. "Look, things between us, that's - that's different, okay?"

When Nagisa said he was scared, Hyuk-jae shrugged. "I'm fine," he insisted. "I'll be fine. Don't worry. It'll work out, one way or another." When Nagisa said he didn't want to tell him what to do, he laughed again. "I like it when you tell me what to do." There was a hint of heat and teasing to his voice as he got up to clear the table.

"You're right about Yoshida, though. He's not gonna be happy."

The next week they went in to work, in fact, Yoshida was on their list. With Nakamura, of course. Hyuk-jae's bruises had caused only a minor stir, as he had relied on his shirt collars to cover most of them with no extra help the past week. Their clients hadn't asked, anyway — it was obvious what they were. No one needed to inquire, though some of the ladies had given Nagisa rather scandalized looks. Could it be they assumed he was responsible?

That evening, as he scanned their list in the locker room, Hyuk-jae groaned. "Well, our businessmen will be here tonight," he said, glancing over at Nagisa. It was one of the Firebender's despised theme nights. His boyfriend, having opposite feelings about the night, was very excited as he dressed up in the traditional Earth Kingdom garb provided to him. Hyuk-jae was distastefully eyeing the Fire Nation outfit hanging across the room from him.

"I don't want to wear that," he complained again, for the fourth time. "Especially not for a company party. What's the point?"

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 22:53:19 GMT -6

Nagisa could only nod. "Yeah, he's not." He wanted to ask Hyuk-jae why he went with him to begin with, but remembered that it was at least partially his fault. If hadn't slammed the door on Hyuk-jae that night, then maybe...

But it didn't matter. Hyuk-jae said he'd quit, at least for now, and that was more than Nagisa had expected so he dropped the subject.

Lady Luck, or Fate, however, seemed to have other ideas. Their next work week, Nagisa stared at his client list with dismay, looking up at Hyuk-jae and pulling a face. "Great," he said, waving around the paper. "Just who I wanted to see." He rolled his eyes, slipping into the heavy linens of his Earth Kingdom attire. "You know," he said, tying the cloth belt to his pants, "if it weren't for Nakamura I'd ask Jainukul to ban him from the club. Even before Nima. He makes my skin crawl, you know? He's like a firecracker, it's just a matter of time before he blows up, over some thing."

He didn't mention that he was afraid that something would be Hyuk-jae telling him their ... extra-curricular activities were cancelled.

Taking the costume off the hanger, Nagisa held it out to Hyuk-jae with a smile. "Come on," he encouraged. "The business people asked for it. We haven't done a theme night in so long, either." He moved closer, holding out the out fit. "Please? You look so... so sexy, in traditional clothing, too."

Eventually, Hyuk-jae put on the outfit. Nagisa helped him with it, checking a smile as his boyfriend grumbled under his breath about how he looked ridiculous and other such nonsense. "You look fine, I promise," he reassured him, but Hyuk-jae kept grumbling. He grumbled even as they walked down the corridor to the hosting hall, looking very uncomfortable. Nagisa slipped his hand into Hyuk-jae's before they went in the hall; part of it was to get into character, the other part because he enjoyed it.

The grumbling stopped when the door to the hall opened, but Hyuk-jae still looked embarrassed, maybe even more so than he normally would be, as it was a combined host-and-hostess night. The company who booked the party was one of those high-class, low-scruples places, that everyone knew was shady but no one could ever prove it. All of the host club employees had to sign confidentiality agreements before they could work, despite the managers' assurances that everything talked about would remain confidential.

Jainukul ushered them to their first clients of the night, which, thankfully, were not Yoshida and Nakamura. Her normally calm face looked harassed, and her manner was even more brusque than usual. She was also grumbling under her breath; Nagisa could make out only a few words, like "an insult", and "confidentiality" and a word he wouldn't dare repeat in mixed company.

Since it was a party, there was a bit more mingling than on regular nights. While guests still booked individual hosts (or partners, in Nagisa and Hyuk-jae's case), some guests booked multiple hosts and thus time was limited to half an hour a piece.

Yoshida and Nakamura were their third customer set. Before Hyuk-jae and Nagisa could greet them, Yoshida made a beeline to Hyuk-jae, pushing between him and Nagisa and sitting between the two. Nagisa checked his expression, then scooted over and sat next to Nakamura. "I booked you for double time," Yoshida bragged, draping his arm possessively over Hyuk-jae's shoulders.

Nagisa smiled at him, his face blank and impassive. "Is that so?" he asked sweetly. "My, how lucky we are!"

Yoshida seemed slightly taken aback at his lack of reaction, but recovered quickly. "I'll say," he said, pulling Hyuk-jae close, leering at Nagisa. "Eunhyuk was even luckier last week. I had him all to myself." The greasy man squeezed Hyuk-jae's shoulder. Nagisa forced himself to keep his face still, pretending that Yoshida was legendary spirit, Koh the Face-stealer. "He's really good, you know? A real good listener."

Nakamura cleared his throat, obviously embarrassed at his friend / co-worker's behaviour. Yoshida barked a laugh. "Don't tell me you wouldn't have your way with Shouta here, Nakamura."

The fluffy-haired young man inclined his head, curling his toes in his shoes instead of balling his fists. Relax, Nagisa, he thought to himself. He's trying to get to you.

Instead of replying, he smiled. "I'm surprised you're here!" he said, turning on the charm and dismissing Yoshida with a slight turn of his shoulders to face Nakamura. "I didn't know you worked with this company."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 11, 2013 22:56:18 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 23:20:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 23:20:38 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae hated, hated, hated, hated theme nights. He wished he could never work them, not ever. Putting on costumes and having people stare at him — it was intensely uncomfortable. Nagisa shoved the outfit at him, saying something about him looking sexy. Hyuk-jae glared at his boyfriend but took the clothing, mostly because he didn't have a choice.

Nagisa helped him put his clothes on, straightening him and puffing him and messing with it until he pushed him off, more put off than before. Somehow, it was worse to have Nagisa fuss over him. He did not need fussing over. He looked ridiculous. As the two of them entered the main hall, he sighed.

At least these kind of people were ones he was familiar with. In fact, did he see a familiar face or two from the Wooden Eye? It sure looked like it. Hyuk-jae checked his rotation to see if any of his old friends would be dropping by.

Unfortunately, Yoshida got to him very quickly, making veiled comments about his having booked him off the clock. Hyuk-jae, mortified, glanced at him but didn't say anything. The man settled an arm around him, sitting between him and Nagisa.
"Eunhyuk was even luckier last week. I had him all to myself." Yoshida squeezed his shoulder.
Hyuk-jae gritted his teeth. "Yes, you did," he said.
"He's really good, you know? A real good listener." The man laughed, trailing his fingers over the fabric of Hyuk-jae's shirt.

Nakamura seemed shocked, which was surprising to Hyuk-jae. Why? Didn't he know his own friend? The Firebender stared at him, eyes hard.
Yoshida wasn't picking up on the tension. "Don't tell me you wouldn't have your way with Shouta here, Nakamura."
Hyuk-jae leaned forward, still staring. "You wouldn't," he said, "now would you, Nakamura-ssi? You're a respectable guy." He grinned at Yoshida, all teeth. Nagisa was his.

He did his best to flirt with the man, but it wasn't as easy as before. Yoshida was insistently physical, moving his hands around, trying to put them places they didn't belong. The veiled comments continued, more profuse with more drink. Hyuk-jae shifted uncomfortably more than once, but it wasn't until the man's hand found a slit in the fabric that he really protested. Jerking away from him instantly, Hyuk-jae shuddered. "What are you doing?"
"What?" Yoshida looked very surprised. "C'mon, it's not like —"
"Stop it!" Pushing the man away, the Firebender scooted back in his chair.
"Don't push me!" They were garnering attention now. "Little shit — I paid good money for this, I always do. What's your problem?"

Muscles in his shoulders tense, Hyuk-jae cast his eyes around for Jainukul. He didn't know what to do. He'd never had the right to say no before, and the act of defying someone carried, in his experience, severe consequences. Fear crowded his mind for a minute as the businessman glared at him, obviously angry.
"I'm sorry," he said, blurting it out before he could think. "I just —"
"Damn right you're sorry. Get back here," Yoshida said, motioning at the seat next to him.
"But we're not — this isn't the place for… for that… kind of stuff," Hyuk-jae stammered, not moving.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 11, 2013 23:58:15 GMT -6

"Excuse me, sir."

Nagisa was halfway up his seat, ready to — something, when Yoshida slipped his hand into Hyuk-jae's clothes; even Nakamura had moved. Turns out, they didn't need to.

Like a summoned spectre, Jainukul appeared next to Hyuk-jae, a gentle hand on his shoulder. She didn't look at him, or at Nagisa, but rather stared, unblinking, at Yoshida.

She smiled coldly, holding up her hand and twitching her index and middle finger. A large man with a shaved head came up to her, his arms crossed against his expansive chest.

"Now sir," she resumed, looking down at her clipboard and tapping her ever-present pen against it. "According to my records, we've had three hosts lodge formal complaints against your conduct at our club. On _____th day of _______, I sent you a letter explaining the Host Club's policies against manhandling and abusing our employees, both hosts and servers; you sent it back, as requested, signed in understanding and dated three days later. Two weeks ago, I issued a secondary letter warning you of your behaviour with your new hosts, Eunhyuk and Shouta."

Nagisa stared at her, impressed. He hadn't any idea, he realised, exactly what Jainukul did for the company other than recruit employees and set up the schedule. Of course, it made sense that she would, as a manager, keep tabs on all of the employees and the conduct of the patrons of the club, but he'd never imagine such records.

Jainukul, glancing at Hyuk-jae and seeing, like Nagisa saw, how scared he looked, gently pulled him back and stepped in front of him. Her stocky build, though smallish, suddenly seemed just as threatening as the large man next to her.

"Now, while there are no recorded complaints against your companion here," the madame nodded in Nakamura's direction, "there are plenty against you. As our company policy states — company policy which you have read and signed on three separate occasions, first on application to join the Host Club's clientèle outside of your company's events, and the other two when I sent my warning letters — we do not allow sexual conduct with our hosts and hostesses on Club time or premises. While there is certainly no restrictions on what our staff do off the clock, we have made it very clear that this behaviour is disallowed whilst you are acting in the capacity of a client."

By this time, all club activity had stopped; even servers had frozen in their tracks to stare at the commotion. Nagisa glanced over at Hyuk-jae, who looked ready to sink into the floor. Ignoring the stares, he stood up, walked boldly past Yoshida, and stood next to his boyfriend, holding his hand.

An old man with greying black hair and a monocle walked up to Jainukul. "Miss?"

"Hello, Mr. President," she said, not looking at him. "I believe I forwarded you the letters I sent to your employee, here? And stated that further misconduct would result in a permanent ban from our services?"

The old man looked at Yoshida, who turned pale, running his hand through his oil-slicked hair. "Yes, you did."

Nagisa looked at him, then at Yoshida. His boss! This was just getting better and better.

"Excellent." Jainukul nodded to the large man next to her, who stepped forward and put a huge hand on Yoshida's shoulders.

"Yoshida Shota," said the madame in an official tone, ignoring the ripple of laughter from the crowd. "You are hereby permanently banned from The Republic City Host Club. As you agreed to when registering as a client, there will be no refund for past services rendered. We are also prepared to pursue legal action should you defy this ban in any manner, including but not limited to, continued harassment of our employees, both on and off the premises."

"Let's go, bub," said the large man, his voice unexpectedly soft and baritone.

After a split second of shock — none of the current employees could remember such a public banishment of a client before — a small ripple of applause went through the Club's employees. Yoshida looked around, his eyes bulging slightly.

"Boss!" He addressed the old man, who turned away. "Boss, you gonna let this cow treat me like this?"

"That cow has done more for this company than you have."

He turned to his friend. "Nakamura," he said, a hint of desperation in his voice. "You've been here this whole time!" He turned to Jainukul. "What about Nakamura? Huh? We've been booking together. "

"What about Nakamura?" she asked, her voice like ice. "According to my records he's done nothing but accompany you and pay for all the liquor you drink."

Yoshida stared at her, slack-jawed, before snapping it shut "You're making a mistake!" he shouted as the large man escorted him to the door, but Jainukul ignored him and turned instead to Hyuk-jae. With Yoshida out of sight, everyone returned to work; the whole room buzzed with whispered conversations between the hosts and their guests.

"Are you all right, Hyuk-jae?" Jainukul asked, her face softening in concern. "Are you hurt?"
The grey haired old man bowed deeply. "We would be appreciative if you did not press charges against him," he said, his voice low. "And are willing to provide... ah... a gift, if you do not."

Nagisa squeezed Hyuk-jae's hand. Hush money! He'd read about it in one of the action comics he picked up. The smaller man squared his shoulders. "You're trying to buy him," he murmured.

The old man had the grace to look abashed.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 12, 2013 0:06:30 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 12, 2013 0:22:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 12, 2013 0:22:53 GMT -6

Jainukul's hand on his shoulder brought a flinch from Hyuk-jae. Was he in trouble for saying no? Making a scene? He stammered an apology again, immediately, like a reflex. He was always apologizing.

Everything that happened next was a blur to him. Jainukul stepped in front of him and he shrank back a little more, her threatening tone not making him feel better even though it was directed elsewhere. Everyone was staring. Absolutely everyone. Please stop looking at me! He barely registered Nagisa taking his hand and tried to pull away at first, breathing accelerated.

It seemed that Yoshida was leaving, though he wasn't happy about it.

"Are you all right, Hyuk-jae? Are you hurt?"

The Firebender shook his head. He wanted to leave. Just… leave. Having no idea what to say he just stared at Jainukul for a moment. The elderly man bowed at him and he flinched again, terribly uncomfortable with all the attention. He felt like he might vomit.
"We would be appreciative if you did not press charges against him," the man said, his voice low. "And are willing to provide... ah... a gift, if you do not."

A gift? What did that mean?
Nagisa, holding his hand, had no such trouble collecting his thoughts. "You're trying to buy him," he murmured.
They were all still looking.
"N-no I —" Hyuk-jae was pushing away from everyone, still obviously not okay. Even Nagisa's closeness was too much. "I'm fine, I just — I'm fine." He took a steadying breath. "Please, just — can we not —"

Nakamura was the worst, staring at him with such a shocked expression. Why? Why was everyone looking at him that way? Couldn't they stop? Stop looking at me! Panic tightened his throat, squeezed at his chest. "I won't tell anyone," he managed to say, "please — just leave me alone."

Hyuk-jae spent most of his time unaware of how very stoic he seemed to people who did not know him. He was actually quite a fragile being, but it stayed hidden beneath a straight face and decent acting much of the time. Other employees of the Host Club were only familiar with him as Nagisa's partner, and assumed that much of the demeanor he wore with clients was real. Their clients thought him either an aloof and icy pretty boy or an outrageous flirt. His present behavior was so far out of sync from those personae that he seemed almost unhinged.

Jainukul moved towards him and he pushed back, not wanting her to touch him. Hyuk-jae didn't want anyone to touch him. He was just breathing so fast and it was hot in the room, wasn't it? And everyone was still staring.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 12, 2013 1:47:00 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 12, 2013 10:46:04 GMT -6

"Can we go home?" Nagisa asked quietly. He'd never seen Hyuk-jae look so upset! Well, no, he had, but that was a different kind of upset all together. This one... Hyuk-jae looked like he wanted to run away and never come back.

Jainukul moved toward Hyuk-jae, looking to Nagisa like a concerned mother, but the dark-haired young man jerked away. The woman studied him for a few moments before nodding and sighing. "I'll take care of everything here," she said, turning back to the rest of the room. "Okay, people!" she called out, "Let's move on!"

Nagisa tugged on Hyuk-jae's hand; his boyfriend seemed to be in shock. "Come on," he murmured, leading him from the hosting hall to the employee lounge and helping him out of his costume. He didn't say anything. What could he say? Nagisa had been working there a year and had never seen such a spectacle, especially not by a client. Even the story about the client who hit someone else at the club, that had been handled outside of the hosting hall.

Perhaps Jainukul wanted to make an example of Yoshida, particularly to this company.

When they were both dressed in their street clothes, Nagisa just sat, waiting for Hyuk-jae to say something. He didn't seem to want company, so Nagisa sat next to, but a little ways away from him. A server came in with a tray of tea, murmuring something about how Jainukul had sent it before leaving again. Nagisa poured Hyuk-jae a cup first, setting it in front of him if he wanted to take it, then poured one for himself.

After a few more minutes of silence, Nagisa spoke up, looking at the ceiling and cradling the teacup in his hands.

"No one's mad, you know," he said, staring at one of the light fixtures. "I told you when I asked you to work here, remember, that this wasn't that kind of club. People try to get away with it all the time; they think that because they're spending money here that we're their property. That's why the club rules are so strict about what people can and can't do."

He took a sip of tea before continuing. "Yoshida took it too far. No one cares if you guys had an arrangement outside of work, but he knew very well he wasn't supposed to bring it here."

Nagisa looked down, studying the floor. "Are you okay? Jainukul says we can go home. The club will compensate us for our time, when stuff like this happens."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 12, 2013 16:40:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 12, 2013 16:40:20 GMT -6

Bolting for the locker room, the Firebender didn't even look back once.

Hyuk-jae practically tore the costume off, taking absolutely no care with it whatsoever. He threw it onto the floor, shaking, putting his own clothes back on as quickly as he could. Costumes. He hated them so much. It wasn't so much that Yoshida had touched him that was the problem, it was — it had felt so violating, and Nagisa had been right there to see it.

He curled up on the floor, jerking a little when the door opened. It was just someone with tea — Nagisa poured him a cup first. Hyuk-jae wrapped his fingers around it, the warmth comforting. He didn't know what to say. Shame and something worse, the nagging fear of being of trouble, being a bad person, curled around his heart. He tried to sip the tea, closing his eyes tight. Yoshida was the one in trouble, right? Then why did he feel so bad?

"No one's mad, you know."

Jerking his head towards Nagisa, Hyuk-jae's eyes widened. How did he know? It was Hyuk-jae's fault, though, what had happened. He knew what kind of person Yoshida was. Of course, he'd had no idea the man would touch him like that in public. The rules at the Host Club were very clear. It wasn't supposed to happen.

As if echoing his thoughts, Nagisa continued. "Yoshida took it too far. No one cares if you guys had an arrangement outside of work, but he knew very well he wasn't supposed to bring it here."

But it was Hyuk-jae's fault, really, for taking him up on his offer of employment outside of work. The dark-haired young man knew that, he wasn't stupid. If he'd never taken the job, the man wouldn't have felt he had free reign of him. He could have prevented all of this. Everyone's evening suffered for his stupid mistakes.

"Are you okay? Jainukul says we can go home. The club will compensate us for our time, when stuff like this happens."

Hyuk-jae looked at his boyfriend, properly. "I'm sorry," he said. "I really, really am." Nagisa wasn't looking at him. When he says that 'no one' was mad, did that include him? Looking down into his tea, Hyuk-jae swallowed. The tightly-wound feeling was finally starting to ebb a little, leaving his nerves feeling a little raw but not so… scared. He let out a long breath, calming himself down. Trying to, anyway. "I, um. I don't want to — cost you the night," he said. The club's compensation wasn't the same as what their clients paid, he knew that. "I'm okay. I'll, um. I'll —"

What? He would what, put that costume back on? Go back out, see more clients in it? Hyuk-jae didn't think he could face having that fabric against his skin again. At least not tonight. He tried again, "I, um, can leave by myself, if you want." Nagisa probably deeply regretted their partnership.