The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Ballad of a Lonely Man [tag: Kami]

Anonymous
Nov 21, 2013 18:04:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2013 18:04:21 GMT -6

Nagisa wasn't talking to him. Not just that, but he was avoiding looking at his face. Hyuk-jae was very conscious of the cold shoulder from the younger man, and he pulled away without realizing it. Difficulty playing his part beset him, making him smile awkwardly. Nagisa didn't cover for his seizures, either, which was embarrassing. A tightness descended on his chest and more than once, their clients asked him if he was all right.

He noticed that Nagisa didn't eat the last of his bento. The trip home was entirely silent and as Nagisa went up for a bath, Hyuk-jae thought long and hard about where he should spend the night. Curling up into bed next to someone who was very angry with him wasn't a very tempting idea. The sofa was more than soft enough, and he had his red blanket. Maybe it would be better if he started sleeping down there.

After all, he was supposed to be looking for a new place to live, right? Making up his mind, the tall young man situated the pillows on the couch and took his red blanket, making a little nest. Nagisa would probably like having a night all to himself. It seemed like the younger host planned on staying in the bath forever, anyway.

Hyuk-jae made a cup of tea, settling in for the night with an herbal tisane. The hot beverage was soothing as he flipped over the ads again, looking at the ones he had circled. Their next day off would definitely be house-hunting day. He'd saved up a good amount of money for renting a new place.

Part of the new resolve to find a place was because of the debacle with the romance book, but if he was honest with himself, he had to admit that most of it came from that very evening. He was getting too attached to Nagisa. The dreams kept happening, embarrassing him, and the way Nagisa considered his personal life as client entertainment grated upon his pride. How long before he made up a story about the fits?

Guilt flicked at him even as the thought crossed his mind. Surely Nagisa wouldn't say anything about that. He wasn't a cruel person. It was just that… it was just that Hyuk-jae was sensitive and stupid.

Wrapping his blanket around him, he sighed softly and snuggled into it. The couch wasn't really so bad.
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 21, 2013 18:18:50 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
The bath helped a little. The scent of sweet green melon filled the bathroom as he dropped a little soap ball in, colouring the water green and filling the tub with bubbles. He lingered in the bath, loathe to face Hyuk-jae; eventually though, the pads of his fingers and toes got wrinkly and he decided to get out of the tub.

To his surprise, Hyuk-jae wasn't in bed. Nagisa changed into his pyjamas and crawled under the covers, waiting for Hyuk-jae to come upstairs, yawning with tiredness and eyelids starting to droop. But Hyuk-jae didn't come.

Fine. Whatever

Nagisa flopped down on the bed, determined to go to sleep. Instead he tossed and turned and tossed and turned for about an hour before giving up. Clearly, he had grown accustomed to having Hyuk-jae in bed with him. Sighing audibly in frustration and resurfacing irritation, Nagisa flung off the covers, shoved his feet into his house slippers, and shuffled downstairs.

Hyuk-jae was on the couch, wrapped up in his thin red blanket. Well, what on earth was he doing here? Nagisa marched right up to him and gently shook his shoulder.

"I can't sleep," he announced, and looked at Hyuk-jae expectantly.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 21, 2013 21:58:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2013 21:58:08 GMT -6

Someone was shaking him. Hyuk-jae's eyes sprang open for a moment, concern flooding his angular face before he realized where he was. Right, the couch. Nagisa's place. Normal. He rolled over, finding the fluffy-haired man glaring at him with angry brown eyes.

"I can't sleep."

"Uh... do you want some tea?" Rubbing at his eyes, Hyuk-jae stared at Nagisa. He couldn't sleep? Well, okay — but why was he coming down to yell at Hyuk-jae about it? It wasn't like the Firebender could do anything... "Or d'you need another blanket or something?" he asked, feeling stupid. His eyes were burning a bit from being awakened so suddenly.

Apparently not. Nagisa let out a strong breath of annoyance through his nose, stamping his foot as he demanded Hyuk-jae go to bed. "W-- what do you think I'm doing?" he asked, orange eyes wide. He wasn't just playing games down there! He'd been sleeping! "I was asleep!"
"Well fine!" Nagisa shouted at him, "Why shouldn't you just sleep down here then?"
"What in the seven hells is wrong with you?" Hyuk-jae climbed out of the blanket, hair a mess. Apparently Nagisa did not want him to sleep downstairs. The confused Firebender went up the stairs quickly, throwing himself into bed and stuffing his face down against a pillow. "Happy?"
"Ugh." Nagisa climbed in next to him, grumbling about something. Hyuk-jae was too tired to listen. He rolled over as Nagisa tucked up against him, falling back to sleep quickly.

The next morning, of course, Nagisa was still mad. He stomped around and whined about breakfast and Hyuk-jae had almost — almost — had enough of it, but reminded himself that patience was a virtue. He made porridge for the young man and put sugar in it. He made tea and lunches. He even made an effort to match the young man's outfit for the evening.

Despite Hyuk-jae's efforts, things continued to be strained. He felt like he was working twice as hard trying to make Nagisa happy and their customers happy. They seemed to get a lot of female clients that week, and Yoshida didn't come back around. when he finally did, it was with Nakamura in tow. Nagisa didn't seem pleased about it, but Hyuk-jae made sure to show him his list. He was not booked separately at all.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 21, 2013 22:37:31 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae came back to bed, seemingly reluctant. Nagisa pouted and grumbled about how he was just used to him sleeping there and that sleeping on the couch was stupid, but Hyuk-jae didn't seem to listen. Still pouting, Nagisa snuggled up next to him, wrapping his arms aroung Hyuk-jae's waist and nuzzling his cheek into his back. Hyuk-jae was being weird. Who slept on couches, honestly.

The next few days were hard for Nagisa. He was constantly feeling irritated with Hyuk-jae, with himself, and with hosting. The fact that he couldn't figure out exactly why he was so irritated only served to irritate him further. Work was uneventful; Yoshida didn't show back up, and Nagisa was grateful for that. He served their customers with all smiles and giggles, doing his best to be a good host. He interacted with Hyuk-jae as much as necessary at work, but little more. He ate his bento in silence, holding in any excitement over the food (difficulty level: 70%). At home was much the same, though Hyuk-jae didn't go back to the couch.

On the last day of work before their days off, Yoshida and Nakamura wound up back on his client list for the night. He stared at the paper, half wishing he were a firebender so he could turn it into ash. Hyuk-jae seemed eager to show him his client list, pointing out that Yoshida hadn't requested him alone again. Nagisa jutted out his lower lip and looked away from the paper.

They had a few clients before Yoshida and Nakamura showed up; Nagisa tried his best but the clients kept asking if something was wrong. He made some excuse about having a stomach ache from eating too much candy; they sympathised and offered suggestions ranging from simply avoiding candy for a while, to more complex herbal remedies. Nagisa laughed and thanked them, but did not commit to trying anything.

When Nakamura and Yoshida arrived for their hour, Nagisa greeted them both as warmly as possible, setting down in his usual spot next to Nakamura. He rested his head on Nakamura's shoulder. "How have you bee~~~en?" he asked sweetly. Yoshida was looking at him oddly, but he ignored it.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 21, 2013 23:40:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2013 23:40:19 GMT -6

Yeah, Nagisa was mad at him all right. Even their clientele noticed, with some asking questions. Nagisa lied, of course. He was decent enough at it, too.

By the time Nakamura and Yoshida arrived, Hyuk-jae's mood had taken a serious downturn. No matter what he did or said, Nagisa was still angry with him. No amount of kindness changed his mind. He ignored him, or else simpered at him with smiles that didn't reach the eyes. Hyuk-jae wanted to go home.

Then again, home was worse. Nagisa flat-out ignored him there, and Hyuk-jae had spent hours out looking at apartments without so much as a word from the younger man. While Nagisa's gold eyes had questioned him from across rooms, the man obviously didn't care enough to ask. No, Hyuk-jae decided, he didn't want to go home. He sighed.

"Trouble in paradise?" asked Yoshida, looking at Hyuk-jae's face. "You're quiet today, Eunhyuk. Even for you."
Hyuk-jae shrugged. "Shouta's mad at me," he admitted.
"Oh?" Yoshida laughed. "A lover's quarrel?"
"No, I think — he's really mad." The dark-haired man drew circles on the table with his forefinger.
"What did you do?" The businessman leaned back in his chair, draping his arm about Hyuk-jae's shoulders.
He shrugged. "I just --I think I'm difficult to live with."

After a little more flirting, Yoshida seemed to be stuck on the dynamic between the two of them. "C'mon," he said, "kiss and make up. You're both too boring this way, it's dull." He gave Hyuk-jae a little push. "Go on." Resisting, Hyuk-jae shook his head. Nagisa seemed fine with Nakamura. Of course, Yoshida didn't want to take no for an answer.

"Go on," he said, insistently. He shoved a little harder. "Make up with your boyfriend. It'll amuse me."
Hyuk-jae wanted to slap the man, insist that Nagisa wasn't his boyfriend and tell him that he wouldn't kiss him for his amusement.

He didn't, though. And he would — kiss him, that is.

Making his way around to the other side of the table, for the clients sat between them, he leaned over Nagisa's shoulder. "You're too cold," he said, keeping his voice smooth like honey. "Don't be mad at me." Stroking his index finger across Nagisa's cheek, he turned the man's head and pressed their lips together. It was fine, right?

Except that the kiss was more emotional than he'd planned on, and he couldn't take the scent of Nagisa's hair. It was too sweet, like strawberries in summertime. Hyuk-jae leaned in more than he meant to, kissed deeper than he meant to, forgot to hide how he actually felt.

Yoshida was amused indeed.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 21, 2013 23:54:15 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 0:07:54 GMT -6

Nagisa had been chatting lightheartedly with Nakamura for a while, making up random stories and asking Nakamura about how his day went. He needed a distraction from seeing Hyuk-jae and Yoshida together; the sight of it made his stomach twist and irritated him to no end. He was so determined not to pay attention to the two of them together that he didn't notice Hyuk-jae get up and come sit next to him until Hyuk-jae was leaning over his shoulder.

"You're too cold," he said. "Don't be mad at me."

What was he doing? They hadn't been talking about this in front of their clients. Why talk about it now? In front of Yoshida, of all people? Nagisa started to reply, feigning innocence, but Hyuk-jae lightly ran a finger down his cheek and—

Nagisa froze, shocked to his very core. Hyuk-jae leaned into him, kissing harder, but Nagisa didn't move to respond. He could only sit there, his cheeks burning, mind empty.

Then Hyuk-jae pulled away quickly, like he got burned, looking at him with the most mortified of faces. Nagisa stared back, face completely blank with shock. He could hear Yoshida cheering behind him; what on earth — ?

But then Hyuk-jae turned and left. Not just left the place next to Nagisa, but left the hosting room all together, almost at a dead sprint. The sudden movement snapped Nagisa out of it. "Hyu-- Eunhyuk, wait!" But he was gone.

Slowly he turned to Nakamura and Yoshida. Yoshida looked like a cat who was given cream. Nagisa could feel his face still burning, and he resisted the urge to bring his fingers to his lips to see if they were as hot as they felt. He sat there, stiffly, with an awkward smile, unsure what to do.

Nakamura put a hand on his shoulder, glancing up at Yoshida with an unfathomable look before whispering in his ear. "Why don't you go after him?"

Numbly, Nagisa nodded. "Excuse me," he murmured.

Nagisa checked the employee break room first:empty.
Then the offices: empty.
The private rooms: empty.

Finally, he checked the bathroom. He could hear the water running as soon as he opened the door.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 22, 2013 0:08:35 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 0:32:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 0:32:33 GMT -6

Nagisa wasn't kissing him back.

The only thing that crossed his mind, other than how very sweet that shampoo smelled, was that Nagisa wasn't kissing him back. Hyuk-jae jerked away, flush blooming across his cheeks. He had to get away. The room suddenly felt much too hot, and he felt like the whole of the Earth could see his very soul. It was a horrible, wrenching feeling. Shoving away from Nagisa, he turned on his heel and abruptly left the room, ignoring any sound similar to his name.

He managed to make it to the bathroom, leaning over the sink as he forced the tears to fall straight out without rolling down his face. Eyeliner. He had eyeliner on. Turning on the cold water, Hyuk-jae briskly rubbed his hands under it before pressing slim palms to his skin, closing his eyes at the cooling sensation.

"You are so stupid," he told himself, opening his eyes again to stare at the mirror. They seemed feverishly bright. "So, so stupid." Swallowing, he let out a trembling breath. "It's just work to him." Admonishing himself in the mirror was an old habit, one born of not having anyone else to talk to. "It's just work and you are pathetic." How could he have fallen for that bait? Of course it had gone badly!

Leaning back over the sink to steady himself, he braced his weight on the porcelain. No, he couldn't blame Yoshida for this. "It's your own fault," he said. "You set yourself up for this, getting so attached." It was true. He was so, so screwed up. Was he really so starved for affection that he — "You can't even tell the difference between friendship and love," he told his reflection, whose eyes looked distant and sad. "And you have no idea how to make friends."

Hyuk-jae gave himself a few more minutes before pushing away from the sink, taking a deep breath. He had to rejoin the party, act like he was fine. He could it off, right? Laugh off a monumental mistake.
Last edit: Nov 22, 2013 0:34:07 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 0:54:22 GMT -6

He heard Hyuk-jae talking to himself, but not exactly what he was saying; Nagisa moved closer, away from the door.

"You can't even tell the difference between friendship and love. And you have no idea how to make friends."

Nagisa stopped in his tracks, Hyuk-jae's words echoing in his head. The difference between friendship and love. He stood stock-still for a moment, his heart beat quickening and a million thoughts racing through his brain. Of course. Of course. This explained everything; his irritation with Yoshida, with Hyuk-jae, that twisting, writhing feeling in his stomach whenever Hyuk-jae was with Yoshida or talked about moving out.

Why it took him this long to figure it out was beyond him; hadn't he read romance comic after romance comic with situations just like this? Admittedly with a girl and a boy, though; maybe that's why it didn't click.

Hyuk-jae suddenly straightened, and their eyes met through the mirror. Hyuk-jae spun around looking very startled.

"Nagisa!" he exclaimed. Nagisa just looked at him, revelling in his discovery. "When did you get here?" Hyuk-jae demanded, his eyes dropping to look at something on the floor.

Still, Nagisa said nothing; Hyuk-jae began apologising over and over again, stammering and stumbling over his words. Nagisa tilted his head, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

His heart pounding in his ears, he took a step closer to Hyuk-jae. Then another, and another. Then they were hardly a paper's width apart. Lightly touching Hyuk-jae's vest, Nagisa leaned up on tip-toe and kissed him lightly on the mouth. And then again. And a third time.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he said breathlessly, pulling away. He could feel the heat in his cheeks and knew he was as red as a tomato. "I'm sorry about this week."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 22, 2013 1:00:28 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 1:30:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 1:30:22 GMT -6

Oh, God.

As he straightened, Hyuk-jae glanced in the mirror to check on his eyeliner — and saw Nagisa's face staring at him. Whirling around, he braced himself on the sink. "Nagisa!" he exclaimed. The other man stared at him, face unreadable. "When did you get here?" the Firebender asked, immediately looking at the floor. When his friend remained silent, he was sure he was in serious, serious trouble.

Get out of my house kind of trouble.

"I'm so sorry," he breathed instantly. "I really — I have no idea what I was thinking, please — I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have. I had no right. I mean it. I'm really sorry." The shorter man advanced toward him, still saying nothing. Dimly aware that he just kept apologizing over and over, Hyuk-jae tried to back up but found there wasn't anywhere to go.

Nagisa placed a hand on his chest and his breath hitched. "I'm sorry," he said again, helplessly, waiting for his friend to hit him. He had ruined everything! Hyuk-jae had no idea what was coming next and certainly, certainly wasn't expecting for Nagisa to push up onto his toes and kiss him. The first one was soft, like butterflies, like an accident. But the second was deeper, and when Nagisa kissed him a third time, the Firebender put his hands on the shorter man's waist, pulling him closer, opening his mouth to him. It was hard to breathe when they parted, and he had trouble understanding what his friend was saying.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry about this week."

What? Why was — "Because you weren't talking to me?" Hyuk-jae asked, breathless. He felt so... stupid. "I — it's okay. I know I'm a frustrating person, right?" Swallowing, he stared at Nagisa with impossibly bright eyes. "W-- aren't you mad at me?" he asked. "Don't you hate me?" He didn't understand. Nagisa hadn't been talking to him for a week.

He shook his head when Nagisa started explaining, bending to kiss him again. He wanted to kiss him forever, to kiss him over and over again until it finally felt real. Hyuk-jae felt dizzy, drunk maybe, with the smell of Nagisa's hair and the sugary taste that lingered in the corners of his mouth.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 22, 2013 1:32:13 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 2:09:13 GMT -6

Nagisa tried to explain what he was apologising for, but Hyuk-jae was too busy kissing him again. He pressed up against Hyuk-jae, this time kissing him back, trying to make up for the unresponsiveness from earlier. He could feel himself smiling even while kissing. That weird irritation and stomach-twisting from earlier were gone. Imagine that.

Just then the bathroom door opened. Madam Jainukul stood in the door way, her arms crossed. "Boys," she said sternly, though the corners of her mouths twitched. Nagisa's eyes widened. Had she known already? Before him? "You're leaving your guests out there alone," she reminded them, her eyes flicking up and down as if scrutinising their embrace. "Mayhaps you can leave the celebrations for later." She turned, and the bathroom door swung shut.

He stood staring at the door for a second before laughing; he looked up at Hyuk-jae warmly. "Shall we?"

On their way back to the hosting hall hand-in-hand, Nagisa practically skipping the whole way, he decided to address his previous hostility. "I'm sorry," he said again. "For... for ignoring you and stuff. I was feeling really irritated about everything. I don't know. I saw you with Yoshida, and you going WITH him and I just. It bothered me! And then I couldn't figure out WHY, I mean, work is work after all, and Yoshida likes your type better, and not figuring out why made me even more irritated." He looked up sheepishly. "I guess I was just jealous, and didn't realise it." He gave Hyuk-jae's hand a little squeeze before opening the door back into the hall.

Nakamura had a little smile on his face. Nagisa made a mental note to send him a fruit basket in thanks.

"So you made up." Yoshida leaned in a little, practically leering at the two of them. Nagisa turned to him, smiling his brightest, widest, sparkle-iest smile.

"We did!" He plopped down on the couch next to Nakamura, who patted his head affectionately. Strangely enough, Yoshida seemed to have a triumphant look to him as he leaned in closer to Hyuk-jae.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 2:34:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 2:34:28 GMT -6

It surprised him to notice that Nagisa was hesitant. He'd assumed that because the young man was attractive, he had romantic experience — but the way he was kissing him felt like he was unsure. Hyuk-jae experimentally brushed their tongues together and the shorter man gasped in surprise, just as the door flew open.

The Madame chastised them at once for hiding in the bathroom while they were on the clock. Not that he blamed her. The door shut behind her and Hyuk-jae laughed, feeling like a weight had been lifted. "Right," he agreed, and following Nagisa out. He kept his hand in the small of the shorter man's back.

He raised a brow as Nagisa fed him an extremely long explanation for his behaviour. It seemed as though Nagisa wasn't very knowledgeable when it came to his own feelings. "Jealous?" He stopped for a moment, shocked. "Of what, me pouring tea? It was awful and I think he hated every minute of it." He explained how upset Yoshida had been over the seizures and how uncomfortable he'd been alone with him. Hyuk-jae wished he could just refuse all private clients. He didn't want to take them, he said.

Sitting next to Yoshida, he slid his hand easily over the man's lap. "Thanks for your advice," he said, voice a purr. Their time was almost up anyway, right?
"Shame I didn't get to see more of the outcome," the salaryman said.
Hyuk-jae laughed, throwing his head back slightly, as if it were the most amusing thing he'd heard all night. Maybe it was. "Next time, perhaps," he said, "if you're good."

Not sorry to see them leave, Hyuk-jae leaned back in relief. The night was almost over, praise the spirits. A peculiar expression graced his face as he considered going home, a very satisfied expression. Maybe his dreams would come true...

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 3:51:46 GMT -6

Their flirting was definitely back on track. After Nakamura and Yoshida left, Nagisa made sure to take every opportunity he could to make some sort of physical contact with Hyuk-jae. The clients that came after commented on the sweet-feeling mood, and Nagisa could only giggle and blush.

They walked home after work, Nagisa hooking his arm around Hyuk-jae's comfortably. He wondered, feeling himself blush, if they'd ever... you know. That. It was something he'd never experienced, despite all his hosting. Not that he particularly had strong feelings about the politics of 'that' (though some people very clearly did), it was just something he wasn't inclined to do with the sorts of people he met. If they weren't clients, they were first and foremost co-workers. Not that Hyuk-jae wasn't a co-worker, but this was different. He wondered what that would be like, if it would be like in the stories.

It seemed that was on Hyuk-jae's mind as well. No sooner had they gotten home and had their shoes off than Hyuk-jae was kissing him again. Feeling giddy and like his stomach was full of butterflies, Nagisa returned the kiss, stumbling back. Awkwardly, barely breaking contact, they made their way up the stairs and to the bedroom. The butterfly feeling in his stomach intensified.

When Hyuk-jae pulled him onto the bed, Nagisa began to get a little nervous; their kisses deepened and soon they were pressed against each other, with no room for even the smallest of flying bugs to squeeze by. Hyuk-jae helped him unbutton his waistcoat, which hit a little snag, being connected to his pocketwatch. He fumbled with the clip on his belt a moment before turning back to Hyuk-jae, eagerly covering his neck and mouth in small little kisses.

Then Hyuk-jae began unbuttoning his shirt. Nagisa's nervous feeling grew stronger. Surely... surely Hyuk-jae wasn't thinking of doing that yet? Already?

But it seemed he was thinking of it, because even as Hyuk-jae kissed him more and more, his hands reached for Nagisa's belt buckle. Nagisa started.

"W-wait," He pulled away, and looked to the side, blushing. "I — I don't... I don't think I'm... I mean, I've never..."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 4:26:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 4:26:39 GMT -6

It was just too tempting. Hyuk-jae found that he could barely keep his hands to himself. Naturally a physical person — despite how he flinched away from certain types of people — he kept running his fingers through Nagisa's hair, gently touching the small of his back, sitting close. Their clients thought it sweet, and he smiled, indulging them as well as himself.

On the way home Nagisa wound their arms together, and by the time they reached the door Hyuk-jae was besotted with him, doing his dead-level best not to drop to his knees in the front hallway. They were lucky they made it upstairs fully clothed; it had been a long time. Much longer than he was used to, in fact.

It was with little fanfare but certain expertise that Hyuk-jae got Nagisa out of his shirt first, a small stumble over the pocketwatch just a minor annoyance. His own shirt came off immediately following, and he curved his hands along Nagisa's arms, aiming for his belt. Maybe it was the dreams, but he couldn't wait to get him —

"W-wait... I don't... I don't think I'm... I mean, I've never..."

Oh.

Right. Hyuk-jae smiled, pulling back from Nagisa smoothly even as the other man pushed him away. "Okay," he said. "Don't worry about it." Nagisa was blushing fiercely, face averted. Was he embarrassed? Hyuk-jae tucked his fingers under the younger man's chin, making sure their eyes met. "It's fine," he said, honestly. "I'm sorry. It's too fast, right?" He ran his fingers through Nagisa's hair. "We can stop. We can do whatever you want." While he wasn't used to being with someone special, he WAS used to doing whatever his partner wanted. At that moment he wanted nothing more than to be as close as possible to Nagisa. If 'as close as possible' was just cuddling, well...

Well, he was a grown man. He knew how to take care of himself and wait patiently. And that was exactly what Nagisa deserved from him.

Waiting a moment, watching Nagisa's face, Hyuk-jae found the room to be a little more chilly than he'd realized. "Are you tired?" He tried to sit patiently, trying to think of how normal people probably did things. "We can go to bed, if you want. We don't have to..." What? Continue?

"We don't have to do anything." Hyuk-jae smiled. "That's what you want, right?" He rubbed his right upper arm briskly with his left hand as chillbumps rose on his pale skin.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2013 5:26:36 GMT -6

Gosh he was so embarrassed! Nagisa wasn't used to feeling unsure of himself. He smiled at Hyuk-jae gratefully for pulling away.

"We don't have to do anything." Hyuk-jae smiled. "That's what you want, right?"

"It's... well, for now?" He wondered if he could blush any redder. "I mean... It's just... sudden?" He felt like he could sink through the floor, but Hyuk-jae seemed to understand, reassuring him the whole while.

Nagisa leaned into Hyuk-jae as he asked if he was tired. He was, kinda, but was too keyed up. "I don't want to go to bed yet," he said, thinking out loud. "Maybe some breakfast?" He nuzzled his cheek against Hyuk-jae's chest. "I kind of want to take a shower, too." He kissed the hollow of Hyuk-jae's neck before getting up and stretching. He gave his ... friend (?) a big smile before trotting off to the bathroom.

Once the shower was running hot, Nagisa quickly hopped in. He had felt a little constricted with his underthings since kissing Hyuk-jae, and he used the opportunity of shower privacy to get a handle on the situation. It didn't take very long; the events of the night had worked him up so much so it only took a few moments before he felt much, much better.

By the time he was out of the shower — which, admittedly, took longer than usual, Hyuk-jae had already finished breakfast. He smiled shyly at him before clapping his hands together at the sight of food. "Yay, eggs and toast!" Hyuk-jae had cooked the egg just how he liked it: fried, with a little bit of egg yolk still runny. Nagisa sat in his chair, swinging his feet as he waited for Hyuk-jae to sit down with his food.

As they ate, Nagisa beamed across the table at him. He wondered what this meant. Were they... friends? Maybe... maybe boyfriends? He positively glowed at the thought. He hoped so. Or maybe they had to do 'that' before the were boyfriends? Nagisa wasn't really sure how these things were supposed to work.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2013 5:39:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2013 5:39:22 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae found he needed to relieve some tension of his own while Nagisa took a shower. His imagination was way too vivid, and he chided himself as he went downstairs. As soon as he had matters taken care of, Hyuk-jae went to the kitchen and washed his hands, making ready for breakfast.

He made Nagisa two eggs with runny yellow parts and two slices of crunchy toast. For himself, three eggs, scrambled wet, with peppers and salt. As Nagisa stared at him across the table, he laughed. "What? Do I have egg on my face?" Hyuk-jae gingerly touched a cheek. Nagisa continued to grin foolishly, and the Firebender had to look away to keep from giggling. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Quickly eating his eggs, Hyuk-jae found himself blushing under Nagisa's stare.

"What are you thinking?" The dark-haired man stood, taking his plate to rinse. He wondered what their relationship was, now. Just friends? It didn't feel like 'just friends'. Hyuk-jae had never had a real boyfriend, though. Weren't boyfriends supposed to confess feelings and go on dates?

Because neither of them had confessed. He chewed his lower lip and he thought about what Nagisa must have overheard him saying to himself. It was too early for love, right? The younger man must think him crazy. Was he just experimenting? Hyuk-jae hadn't pretended not to have certain experience. Maybe... maybe that was all it was?

But then how to explain the younger man's nervous behavior? If all he wanted was a roll in the bed, he surely would've kept going. Which meant that Hyuk-jae had absolutely no idea how Nagisa actually felt about him.

None at all.