The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

tone of voice (shachi)

Anonymous
Jul 12, 2012 16:10:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2012 16:10:14 GMT -6

Yuuta walked along the streets of the Dragon Flats District where his new 'home' was, trying to familiarize himself with the lay of the land. He wasn't accustomed to this area of Republic City seeing as he wasn't one to explore his home city. Mostly, that was due to his injured leg which made it painful to walk around and preferring to read instead of roam. Moving to a different part of the city was a big change of pace for him and he needed for figure out which routes he needed to take to get to his jobs. He could dare let himself be late, though it was due to moral reasons and not a fear of loosing his jobs.

His cane made a dull tap each time it hit the roads, not something that that would draw anyone's attention, but to the non-bender, the constant tapping drove him insane. It was a reminder of his minor disability, each tap saying "weak" to him. Not only could he not bend a thing, but he also couldn't even walk properly. Then again, he was a medicine man (in training, of course, but knowledgeable enough) and not a fighter and, sometimes, he was fine with it. It didn't make walking around the streets at anytime very reassuring, though.

For one moment, he felt the damaged muscle twitch. If it weren't for his cane, he knew he would have tripped right then and there. Damn, he thought to himself, I must have over worked myself. He scanned the area for a place to sit- preferably a clean bench. He spotted one, though it wasn't his favorite distance, he didn't see another bench anywhere closer.

Yuuta hobbled his way there, collapsing on the bench once he was in distanse. "I need to take things slower," he mumbled to himself.

ooc// sorry for the crappy starter. I'm busy xD
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 13:15:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 13:15:55 GMT -6

Shachi hustled down the street quickly, a haversack on her back filled to the near bursting point as she hurried about. "Right- then a left a Satsu, wha?" She mumbled to herself, stopping and blinking several times at the street sign before groaning and placing a hand over her face. The dragon flats district always served to get her more more lost than she even thought possible, but at least it was far better for her to get lost now instead of later in the night when she actually needed to be there. Then again, she still didn't exactly know where THERE was, and these crowded streets and alleys most certainly did not help.

"So, I took the first right on the cross street, nearly got hit by a Satomobile, and ended up... There?" She asked herself, turning around in the middle of the street and looking back to where'd she had just come from before groaning. That's it, I'm utterly lost, she thought to herself, and it'd only taken her about fifteen minutes. Which meant it was time to do the ONE thing her father would never, ever, EVER do. Ask for directions.

She began to shoot looks around, glancing left and right and eyeing people up and down while doing her best to not look like she was doing just that, which worked as well as one could expect, not at all. Which might be entirely obvious to Yuuta as the woman stares at him for a few moments, her eyes flicking up and down before she smiles brightly and walks towards him with an extravagant flourish of the hand a giant toothy grin. "Excuse me sir!" She chimes in her sweetest voice as she approaches the bench.

((OOC: No prob, a bit busy here as well. Sorry!))
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 13, 2012 13:16:25 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 13:53:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 13:53:13 GMT -6

Yuuta let his body relax, his head laying back so that he was looking at the sky and his arms beside him limply, palms facing upwards. Thankfully, this was one of his days off, or as close to one as possible. His job at the warehouse was only a few days of the week whereas his apprenticeship was everyday, though always at the oddest of hours. He didn't need to be anywhere right now, so he could take his time, something he would need. Those darn stairs to his new apartment were not good whatsoever for his condition.

He sighed, his left hand reaching for his cane, rubbing the smooth handle with his thumb, wondering how long he would sit here. Yes, it was always nice to do nothing and just enjoy time instead of worrying about it, but he had yet to figure out the best routes to work just yet. Afterwards he could get some tea or a nice treat or head down to the park for a bit more serene relaxation without the sounds of the bustling people around him. Besides, he just loved those little turtleducks even if he would never admit that not any other person.

"Huh?" he said, snapping out from his own little world of thoughts. He noticed a girl nearing him, waving for his attention. That was odd. Who wanted to talk to him? Her presence was a mild shock to the man, leaving him a bit dazed and unaware of what to do next. "Um, hell, miss," he finally manages to respond. He adjusts his position on the bench, sliding a bit to the side so she would have room to sit down. Surely, that was why she caught his attention.

"Is there something you need?" he asks quickly, leaning forward slightly and legs spread apart. Yuuta moved his cane so it was directly in front of him, placing both hands on it . If he could help her with whatever she needed, then she could go away.
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 15:20:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 15:20:48 GMT -6

Shachi phewed on the inside and decided to only increase her charms, she'd run the storefront many times so she knew how to work the charms. And even when it came to something as simple as asking directions a warm smile and exuberant manner never hurt. Well, save for the few times it didn't, thankfully she was just asking directions and not selling stained glass. Less stuff was breakable here too! Then again, she made a mental note to avoid the topic of the cane, she couldn't help herself from glancing at it now and then though as she made the final approach.

She gave Yuuta a reprise of her bright smile as she flopped down on the bench next to him with an extravagant sigh before stretching her arms out. "Yeah- Actually there is!" She replied in a cheerful manner before offering a hand to him to shake, eyeing the cane before looking up to meet his eyes. "Name's Shachi by the by." She comments with a wink before clearing her throat. "You wouldn't happen to know your way around these parts would you? My family lives further away in the city, but... My book club recently moved out here and I want to know where they are before I head there tonight. You know, making sure and all that." She bubbled a bit, waving her other hand in the air as she did her darn best to cool the atmosphere. She might even be able to make a friend! 'I'll find it myself be darned!'
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 15:52:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 15:52:28 GMT -6

Yuuta could only take from the girl was that she had more energy than he could deal with. She flopped next to him in such a carefree manner that for a second he was afraid he might have flown out of his seat due to sheer force. Oh dear spirits, he should have just stayed back at his apartment and cleaned again. Of all the people that would need his help, it had to be someone that couldn't see boundaries.

He watched as she outstretched arm for a handshake, but he blatantly ignored it not in the mood for pleasantries. "Good day, Shachi. I'm Yuuta," the emerald eyed man said as plainly as possible, devoid of all energy. If she was as energetic as she seemed, she probably wouldn't even mind his mood or people skills and keep on talking. However, that wink of her's put him entirely off guard. A wink? A wink? What was that supposed to mean? If it was some sort of flirtatious device, he would have nothing to do with it. Even worse, if she was some sort of call girl, he didn't want to get tricked into paying her any money.

"I know my way around here to an extent," he told her. He wasn't totally familiar with this part of Republic City, but it didn't mean he didn't have an idea of what was where or what streets connected to others. If you gave him a detailed address, he wouldn't be able to tell you were it was, but he could tell you the general vicinity it was in. "Ah, a book club. What's the address? Are you sure it's in the Dragon Flat's District?" he questioned her.

ooc//lol yuuta's such a meanie xD
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 13, 2012 15:52:48 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 16:07:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 16:07:15 GMT -6

Shachi winced a little and pulled her hand back, making a 'shhh' sound as if she were just burned before placing it behind her head, lacing her fingers behind her skull and pressing her ponytail up against her head. She only saw Yuuta's tough customer approach as another nut to crack, another challenge to overcome- thanks to his grump mood he only brought out a competitive side in her. "Oh, you do? That's pretty cool." She replies in a calmer manner, rolling her eyes upward and clicking her tongue as she sticks out her chin and half closes her eyes, she's just dripping cool. All she needed was some sunglasses and a leather jacket and she'd be set! Or at least, that's the image she's currently got in her head, maybe a Satocycle too.

"And yeah, I know it's here." She replies, making a gesture like she were pushing down glasses to look over the rims as she turns to him. "But I don't know anymore, it's sorta' a secret book club you know?" She replies with a wave of the hand and a grin, just play it out. Though she suddenly brightens up and swivels, tucking her legs under herself in a criss cross fashion as she faces him with her body. "Six Thirty seven Sashariku street." She replies, grinning again and clasping her hands over her front as she leans forward with quite the expectant look.
"T... That's in the Dragon Flat's district right?" She asks, her smile suddenly fading as her eyes turned upward again. "It looked like that on the map..."
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 16:33:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 16:33:18 GMT -6

Yuuta sighed when he noticed her distinctive change in approach. Was she trying to manipulate him somehow to help her? He would never turn down someone's request for help, no matter how much he didn't like it. In truth, he thought she looked rather ridiculous in her attempts to look... well, to look how she wanted to look. He had no idea of her intentions or goals other than she was heading to a book club. His thoughts instantly diverted, wondering what kinds of books they read. If they had anything on herbs, he would love to try and see if he could borrow it, unless they only read history or poems.

"That," he says, slowly pushing himself up with the help of his cane, "is on the border of the District. I'll show you where it is." Street numbers were easy to know where they were, though the signs did nothing to help since the letters are all faded out from weather or pesky firebenders that had too much free time on their hands.

Secret book club, he wondered to himself as he began to walk, not bothering to look back and see if she was following him - even if she wasn't, he didn't mind. That sounded interesting as to why it would be secret in the first place. Perhaps they had outlawed books! Or some other kind of baloney.
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 16:59:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 16:59:20 GMT -6

"Awesome!" She singsonged, indicating that she was in fact following Mr. Grump. And to Shachi this was all falling together perfectly, she had a guide to her destination, and one that she was keeping on his feet with all the switching up of personality. It was like Chi-blocking, keep quick on your toes, your opponent unsuspecting and watch for the split second where youcan exploit their weaknesses. And darnit, she was going to make him a friend, even if it killed her- or him.

"So! Yuuuta, I hate to be rude or anything." She starts, picking up her pace so she could overtake him before turning around and walking backwards. "What's up with the cane?" She inquires, her head canted and an innocent look on her face, even as she walks backwards into a person. Eliciting an awkward chuckle from the young woman who dusts off the man she'd disturbed shoulders before taking up her place at Yuuta's side. "If you don't mind me asking, just out of the ordinary." She adds, quickly trying to cover her butt in case he took offense. And the poor girl has no idea what kind of trouble she's brewed herself with that book club lie either. But lies were cheap and she'd rather spin another tall tale then miss this meeting.

Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 17:50:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 17:50:21 GMT -6

"Sure," he says grumpily. Awesome was a weird way to describe his small gesture of simply walking her to the street she needed to be at for her oddly secret book club. There was something about this girl that struck him as odd, but he just couldn't put a word to the feeling. Anyways, if he couldn't think of it now, he could think of it later. Oh, and since he always had nights to himself because of Shuai's night schedule, he always had a sound night's sleep.

He tried to ignore whatever Shachi said, figuring it was going to be a waste of his time seeing as everything she had previously said was undeniably useless. But when she brought up his cane, he paused in his walking for a moment, though only for that moment. He continued on walking silently, but she kept talking. When would she shut up? "I got hit by a Satomobile as a child. I have permanent muscle damage in my leg because of it so it hurts if I put too much weight on it," he told her with an exasperated sigh to end it all with.

"Has anyone told you that you're really annoying?" Yuuta asked, a bit on edge about the cane question.
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 21:51:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 21:51:40 GMT -6

Shachi frowned and put a hand against the side of her head as she heaved a sigh at Yuuta. "I'm sorry to hear that Yuuta, if there's anything you need." She replies awkwardly, her cheeks flushing a light red as she looked away, trying to come up with anything else she could say as she fidgeted around with her hands a bit before clicking her tongue. "And that sounded really, really- really dumb didn't it?" She mumbled, now running a hand against the back of her head and just stewing in the awkward.

Though his question gives her pause, and finally the chance to strike back at the awkward. "Depends! Does this count?" She asked, canting her head at a sharp angle and giving him a dopey smile. "I mean, most people don't say it to my face either but it always ends trickling down, not to mention I hear a lot." She chimed, tapping an ear before shooting him another wink. Shachi might have said much more than she needed to about her 'secret book club' but she's definitely trying to lead Yuuta to thinking she's just about anything BUT an Equalist 'freedom' fighter.
((OOC: Got stolen away, sorry!))
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 13, 2012 21:52:08 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 22:28:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 22:28:03 GMT -6

Like always, the girl pitied him because of his disability. Everyone acted like he couldn't walk at all instead of what's really happening: a pain in his leg. It was annoying to talk about in the first place without having to take everyone's pity for it. It's simply a part of his life that he wouldn't be able to get rid of. Yes, its nice for people to understand, but trying to act like they could make a difference? What a joke. "I'll hold you up that," he said, but he didn't care. He might not ever see her after this, it would be handy to hold someone to a promise. "Yes, it did."

Yuuta suffered through the girl's words. Even when he tried to block them out or try to just not listen to her at all, he voice still managed to get to him in a way that did not please him. The only thing he seemed to be able to do was not dignify her words with a response, thus staying quiet even after she had stopped talking, focusing on walking instead.

He came to a stop at an intersection, lifting his cane and moving it in a horizontal fashion. "This is the street you want." He glanced the street, hoping to find a numbered building only to find : 210. "We're on the wrong side, though. You'll want to go up the road to the left," he told her, thanking the spirits this endeavor was all done.
Anonymous
Jul 13, 2012 23:55:31 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 13, 2012 23:55:31 GMT -6

Shachi leaned forward, her eyes scanning up the road as if mapping out her path before she drew back and stretched out a little. "Not going to join me?" She asked, pouting a little towards Yuuta and trying to give him her best 'puppy dog' look, a look she's grown far too out of. "I mean, what if it's not out there? The flats are confusing like that." She added, waving her hand out before them before snapping her fingers as they pass his eyes. "I'll carry the weight if you want!" She added happily, offering an arm for him to take now as she smiles brightly at the man, trying to melt his heart. "And no silent treatment this time around Mr. Grumpy." She chided, almost sounding a little stern.

While the entire purpose of this trip had been to find a route to the meeting place, but she'd been having fun with Yuuta! At first she was mostly just teasing, and the prospect of another friend certainly helped her push it. But now, there was something about him, she needed to crack this egg- or at least soothe her concise by saying she tried. "I'll even be a BIT quieter."
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 0:29:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2012 0:29:30 GMT -6

He knew it was too good to be true. Instead of enjoying himself, accomplishing what he had set out to do, he was going to have to babysit Shachi. Perhaps he should hold hold her hand so she won't get lost. She seemed to act like a child; he might as well treat her like one. He never understood anyone's reason for acting like this girl was right now. Did she want his attention? Was she going to lure him into some kind of trap? An back to his previous theory: was she trying to sleep with him, then demand pay in return?

"Fine," he said at last. Yuuta wasn't the kind of guy to leave someone in need, or even leave a job unfinished. He watched as Shachi offered him her arm, as if she could make some form of difference. It was a mistake many people made, though he wasn't going to scold her for doing it. At least the intention was true. At least he hoped it was.

"I don't accept charity," he told her. "And it will need to be more than 'aproficient bit' more quiet." Yuuta couldn't understand this girl at all. She previously tried to offer him help by 'lightening the load' when what really would have helped him was her absence. He took the turn and began to hobble down the road, watching how quickly the building numbers progressed. Sadly, it looked like it would be a while until he would finish this whole endeavour.

Oh, right. He remembered her request for him to talk. But what was there to talk about? "Uh, so, what kind of books does your secret book club read?" he asked at long last, unable to think of any other topic.
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 0:51:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2012 0:51:09 GMT -6

Shachi groaned on the inside and drew her arm back as she rolled her eyes up at the charity comment, wondering whether she wasn't communicating it hard enough or Yuuta was just so deadset on being difficult. Clearly she was trying to brighten him up, bring a nice little trip into what- if his demeanor was any indicator, was an awfully boring life, and darnit! She was doing a great job! Or, at least she likes to think constant pestering that borders on harassment is a great job.

"I wont offer to help you then, just don't be the boy who cried Platypus bear now." She replied with a quick nod as she stalked after him, deciding to not respond to that 'bit more quiet' as she did say she would at least try to be quieter. She tried to busy herself by glancing at the buildings, committing them to memory just in case, though it seems a useless effort as nearly everything in this district looked the same. The same stone walls in the same dusty color with the same streets and even the people were looking the same! Though, she wasn't one to talk much as she was similarly swathed in the world's most uninteresting clothes.

"Oh? The book club... We read about... Uh..." She starts, her eyes darting too and fro as a pit formed in her stomach. "Politics! Yeah! Politics..." She shouts quickly, brightening up near instantly as she pushes a loose lock of her hair behind an ear and grins bashfully. That was so good a lie she had to restrain patting herself on the back for it!
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 18:58:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2012 18:58:32 GMT -6

"Politics you say?" Yuuta replied, very intrigued. Books about politics? He didn't realize those would be enough for a book club to read. Something seemed too fishy about this situation he found himself in to be true. Perhaps he could squeeze the truth out of her. "That sounds lovely," he said as he flashes her a small, quick smile at Shachi, but the strain on his facial muscles was too much for him to have it last too long. "I've always been fascinated with politics. Is there anyway I'd be able to join?" he asked her, then having an idea. "As a favor for me having helped you?" the green eyed man pushed.

He felt the muscle twitch as he continued to walk and drag a little with the ground, hoping she wouldn't notice. At least, he realized, she had kept up with her side and was quieter than before. The silence was music to his ears while it lasted, making when she did talk not too annoying.
Anonymous
Jul 14, 2012 22:54:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 14, 2012 22:54:08 GMT -6

Shachi cracked a smile in response, chalking up his as a little personal victory before she shakes her head quite rapidly at the question, her pony tail whipping back and forth as her mind raced to come up with a response. "Well, it's secret remember? You got to be... voted in by a council and it's all really super hard and complicated and stuff." She remarks dismissively, her voice quite even as she glances upwards towards the sky and clicks her tongue. "You like politics though, huh?" She asked, trying to divert the topic as quick as she can. "How about them Equalists?" She inquired with a wave of her hand, trying to mask the fact it was quite an important topic to her with a dismissive voice before perking up. "And how about pro-bending eh?" She quickly adds.

Though now she was glancing down at his leg again, an eyebrow perking as her mind jumped through hoops. What if he kept pushing the issue and found out? She didn't know where his allegiances laid, his moral character or really ANYTHING about him save for what she'd gathered on their walk. And it was at this point she half considered ditching him, just running away with nary a word, but something in the back of her head kept her from that, some moral obligation or like silly notion.
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 0:19:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 0:19:17 GMT -6

Voted in? By a secret council? His assumption was correct: this wasn't a book club at all, much less a secret one. Who did Shachi really think she was fooling? Like a book club would ever be secret, he silently scoffed. This thing she was going to had to be something bad or good in a bad way. Whichever was the case he was going to figure this out. Now he was glad that her destination was far away. But... if this thing was something bad, why was she letting him lead her there?

"Equalists? Well, I'm too busy to really spend the time to define my thoughts about them. I guess I can see where they're coming from and that something needs to be done, but they're going about it the wrong way. I simply think bending should have its restrictions and if certain Benders can't deal with that, then have the police deal with them. We are also citizens of this city," Yuuta said, not realizing he had rambled on quite a bit until he was finished. She asked his opinion on another matter and it made him realize that he would rather be the one talking instead of letting her.

"As for probending, I don't see it as a problem. Its just sport. You know, at some point - and some people still might today- people would put two animals in a pen and watch them kill each other for entertainment, even betting on the poor things. Compared to that, I would rather watch probending," he says, recalling on history books from his youth that he had read after the satomobile accident. Though it hurt, he sure did love to read.

He let a pregnant pause pass by before stopping altogether, half because he wanted some questions answered, half because his leg continued to hurt. "Now can you quit fooling around and tell me what you're going to do at that place?"he asked her. True, it might have been an invasion of privacy, but she had been doing that almost their entire meeting.
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 12:15:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 12:15:00 GMT -6

"They might be going at it the wrong way?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow before rolling her eyes and shaking her head. "And change doesn't come just from thinking 'hey-things should just be like this'." She replied, placing the free hand back against her head. "Aren't most of the police benders as well? What reason would they have to enforce restrictions? I'm just glad that there is finally a group standing up for what's right you know?" She asks, flashing him another smile. "But I'm no activist, or a fighter- just a glass blower. I'll give my support and throw my hat in, but that's all I'm afraid. I'll leave getting arrested by Metal Bender cops to them." She lies with a tick of her tongue, and after the way she'd been acting she thought it would be difficult to convince Yuuta she was an Equalist if she straight out came and said it.

"And ya' know? I don't really care all that much about probending. I mean, if the benders want to beat eachother up with their 'powers' go on and let them, it isn't hurting me. I just wish the fighters weren't so glorified, but hey, that's a problem with all sports right? And I hear you about that animal fighting, the animals didn't have much of a choice though." She replies, letting the awkward wash over her again and even continuing to walk forward, though that final question struck her quite hard, causing the girl to stop and then turn around with a blank expression.

"It's the site of a training camp where I'm being taught to be a master martial artist so I can become a vigilante in the night and beat up criminals." She says, sounding entirely serious as she frowns a little and crosses her arms over her chest. "You going to help me come up with a name?"
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 13:43:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 13:43:38 GMT -6

Shachi seemed to get really defensive, really fast about the Equalists. Was that who she was with? Was he leading her to some kind of Equalist meeting? Actually, a better question for him was: did he care? Like he had said to her, he did see the motives of that group to be real and true but he didn't like the way they did things. Benders were their own people and many of them were nice, but their group got a bad reputation from the few bad ones. If some rules were put in place and condolences from the government were given to the victims, there wouldn't be a need for violence of any form or prejudice.

He didn't stop her as she continued to talk, barely paying attention. He had a feeling that she was just spouting off whatever first came to mind. She really did have it out for benders, didn't she? As for glorified fighters, there wasn't any way to get around that. Even if they were to watch a bunch of non-benders beat each other up, they would always be held up to amazing heights.

"Well, as long as they're criminals," he commented wistfully, satisfied with an answer. He didn't have a problem with vigilantes, especially if they help keep the streets a bit more clean, but he didn't like the prospect of some people having that kind of power- power that given most people would abuse. He kept on walking; he was going to walk her there, book club or Equalist training, it didn't matter to him. "A name? Why, isn't it a book club?" Yuuta said, turning his head so he can give her a wink. If it meant a lot to her, he wasn't going to throw around the name so carelessly.
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 16:15:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 16:15:05 GMT -6

Shachi narrowed her eyes on Yuuta, quite suddenly coming to the conclusion that maybe she had been talking too much. First she was spouting off about the Equalists, and now Yuuta was unraveling her lies quite steadily, she considered shutting her mouth for what would mot likely be the first time in her life as that pit grew deeper in her stomach. If she shut up now that would only serve to make her more suspicious, but so would constantly changing the topic. It was at this point she'd really come to grips with how much she'd messed up in such a short time. All for the sake of what? She couldn't even put her finger on why she was going through all this effort for him, and compromising the thing that's quickly becoming the most important aspect of her life.

"Yeah... Book club." She replies, her eyes locked straight forward as she walks alongside Yuuta. "You know, I really think I should be fine here." She comments, stopping and putting a hand against her right hip. "I know you're not one to talk charity and all that, but you shouldn't have to keep walking on that leg. And we're close enough." She protested, as she drummed her fingers against her side. Thankfully the meeting wasn't till much later tonight, and while that did put her at some small bit of ease she still didn't exactly feel comfortable bringing this man she'd never met till today right to their doorstep.