The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

tone of voice (shachi)

Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 22:18:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 22:18:16 GMT -6

Shachi's reaction to his comment was as expected and he waited until his drink came before even considering to answer her. Answering her would only lead into some form of a debate and he would rather ignore it for a few moments, letting his mind rest as he took a sip of the complimentary tea. "If I could help it, I would like to give my kin any kind of advantage to survive. Sure, it sucks that we've ended up at a disadvantage, but does that mean I have to hold a grudge against anyone? Hell, if I did that, I'd hate all women after meeting you," he said, exaggerating the last bit but only so she would get his point. A man next to him stared at him, obviously confused, but the man's gaze didn't linger too long.

"Yes, it's my favorite dish," he replied simply, knowing if he'd give her anything else, she might combust into flames after overheating her mouth from talking too much about a one-sided heated debate. "It was something my mother made often and taught me how to make. I'm not perfect at it, so eating at a noodlery is a nice treat for myself, especially that you're paying." A free meal wasn't something came around too often unless you decided to dig around in the trash like the homeless and desperate.

"Actually, when you think of it, benders aren't too bad," Yuuta said with a sudden realization, his face brightening up a bit. "The earthbenders learned from the moles -moles, right?-, airbenders learned from the flying bison, the firebenders learned from the dragons and waterbenders... they learned from the moon? Something like that," he commented, taking another sip of his drink, eying the window to the kitchen, waiting for his food to come.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jul 25, 2012 21:05:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 25, 2012 21:05:21 GMT -6

Shachi inhaled sharply and drew her hand back before waving it in the air like she'd just been burned as she gave Yuuta a pained expression. "That hurt Yuuta." She complained in a high voice with just the right amount of mirth before she pokes Yuuta's arm and ticks her tongue. "I find it simply ridiculous that your response to being oppressed by benders is to participate in the genetic monopoly in hopes of having bender children. It's like you WANT to be under the heel of tyranny." She snorts, rolling her eyes upward. She was admittedly a bit bitter when it came to that genetic lottery, her mother was a bender yet she was one of those that got left out in the cold without any sort of natural 'ability' bestowed to her by the spirits.

"Well- I hope you enjoy my noodles then!" She chimed back in response, quickly diverting the topic as she rested her elbows on the table and tented her fingers. "Seems like the only thing we eat in my home is fish, mom's from the North Water tribe and the food came with her you know? And I love it, guess it's that water tribe blood right?" She asked, even though it was probably one of the world's most useless questions but she just fed off idle chit chat as much as the food they were to soon receive. "Heck, Shachi means 'orca' in the old language." She comments, taking a sip of her drink.

And Shachi could only give Yuuta the most deadpan expression she could possibly muster in response to his realization before putting her hand to her mouth and snickering. "Haha, and?" She asked, putting a stomach to her belly and sitting up straight in her seat. "And did you learn to be so grumpy from Bull Pigs?" She asked teasingly, leaning against the table with a smug grin. "Or are you just as fluffy in the inside as an Otter Penguin?" She gushed, squishing her cheeks together. Yep, she's teasing again.
Anonymous
Jul 25, 2012 22:27:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 25, 2012 22:27:56 GMT -6

He ignored her antics, finding them irrational and childlike to the extreme. She had to be around his age, judging by her appearance, but by her social skills and personality he would have guessed her to be nothing more than a child. Not only that, but her arguments were invalid about benders being oppressive and intolerant. All she did was tell him over and over that benders were bad, benders were tyrannic, benders were oppressive. He had yet to meet one of these benders she spoke of, but, then again, he had a nice childhood despite not having a father and being hit by a satomoblie. Actually, if he wanted to have a grudge at anyone, it would be against the man who made the blasted machines and submitting Yuuta to the life of the handicap.

Still, he decided not to argue his point. It was obvious she wasn't going to listen, so why bother? Besides, when you argue with an idiot, others might not be able to tell which one is the idiot. You stoop to low levels so they could understand and that kind of thing was beneath him. He already decided he was kind of neutral, not caring either way, though it seemed he did in fact slightly favor the benders. He sighed, waiting for her to stop talking, continuously sipping his tea like the ripples in the cup provided better entertainment than Shachi.

"Lovely," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as she began to ramble. Had she no filter for her thoughts? Or was this all some badly thought out plan to get him on her side. If anything, this annoyance would make him want to favor benders even more.

His food arrived and he set in quickly to eat it, thinking of it as some form of late lunch. He was planning on having a late dinner, anyways, wanting to devote more of his time self studying herbs and their effects in hopes to find something no one else has found out. "No," he replied simply at her last questions. Soft like an otter penguin? Sure, he had a soft spot for some things and would act kinder towards patients than the average person, but he was a grump inside and out. "It seems you're acting more like you're jealous that they have an upper advantage rather than those feelings of oppression.
"
Anonymous
Jul 26, 2012 21:22:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 26, 2012 21:22:53 GMT -6

Shachi could only sigh and roll her eyes upward. "Too bad." She murmured with a dismissive wave of her hand as she diverted her eyes away. Gosh, usually grumpy people at least tried acting nice on the outside, if only for at least a small amount of time. And she would defend her social skills quite a bit thank you! Then again, she wasn't exactly the most social person in the world and her entire 'book' of acquaintances consisted entirely of her parents, a few particular customers, the owners of some of the food stands near her home, a handful of Equalists and now Yuuta. She would never blame her social skills though! It's just that she's found herself to be quite the shut in, she would never admit she had a fault when it came to being personable!

"Not interested in fish either huh? Well, how about glass blowing? You ever try that out?" She asked, before showing Yuuta her palms, which seem to have grown quite the callouses from all the times she's burned herself while working. "It's one of the purest crafts there are, nearly everything from medicines to clothes and tools can be mass produced but you can't mass produce a stained glass piece." She remarks with a wide smile as she glances up. "It's becoming a very niche market though, ever since those factories opened up we can't just make normal glass things anymore." She trails off, balling up her hands before suddenly relaxing and flopping into her chair.

"Me? Jealous because I can't throw some water around or reheat my soup with my fingers?" She asks, leaning forward and taking a huge whiff of her noodles. "I'm angry, it's not right that they control everything in this city just because they can throw some sparks into the air and act like they're cool." She mutters before clearing her throat. "And don't get me started on the triads, when have the metalbender police ever done about them?" She asked before digging into her noodles, though she suddenly jolts back after the first bite, her eyes wide and cheeks red. Looks like she's used to food with a lot less kick.
Anonymous
Jul 27, 2012 0:33:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 27, 2012 0:33:01 GMT -6

Though the man did listen to her, he got caught up in the thoughts that medicine could be mass produced, his mind arguing with itself as he ate noodles and drank tea. Sure, medicine could be mass produced, but what about medicine men and herbalists like himself? You could mass produce people.like that; people that spend many years learning and studying so they won't get something wrong. You could buy medicine to treat a child's fever, but the exact dosage to help him or her? Either a mother with an extremely good intuition or someone like himself. Not only that but getting the wrong medicine to either prevent or cure something often had disastrous results.

"Glass blowing?" he asked, a little surprised. If she had told him before, he must have looked over it. A glass blowing Equalist? That was certainly a first. "Sounds like a delicate job," he commented lightly. He couldn't imagine how anyone could stand being around heat like that, needed to make glass, but to be fair he was also in an occupation where he had to have a tough stomach. Blood, pus, boils, you name it, he's felt with it. He understood that each person had what's they could and couldn't stand to work with.

Ah, yes, again with the attacking about benders. With people like her, he might as well side with the benders so he wouldn't be confused or grouped into that category. She had such a twisted sense of right and wrong he wanted to smack her. Yuuta wouldn't and not just because she would be able to deflect it but also that he pitied her negative view of the world. Yeah, he was a grump, but at least he was an optimistic grump.

"Humans are naturally selfish. Its in our very being to survive and benders aren't excluded from any of that. They are just as ambitious as we are, but to say they are in charge because they can do a few tricks is heavily exaggerated." Yuuta hoped that any of his words got through to her. "What if you met an influential bender that was kind and generous? Would you discriminate her because they are different?"
Anonymous
Jul 28, 2012 18:11:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 28, 2012 18:11:20 GMT -6

Shachi sputtered a bit, forcing down the mouthful of noodles and giving Yuuta an awkward smile as she screamed internally. That was more than a kick, it felt like an earth bender just socked in her in the face with a boulder. Especially since she seemed intent to eat half her bowl at one. "Powerful stuff, eh?" She asked awkwardly, berating herself in her mind, how was she supposed to warm him up if she looked like some idiot? Dumb dumb dumb Shachi.

"And yeah! Glass blowing, delicate doesn't begin to describe it really. A couple wrong moves is enough to ruin an entire piece, and if you're not paying attention you can ruin it all. Or hurt yourself, or the person next to you, and maybe the entire block. Though once you get it down it all becomes a kind of schedule you know? You know how things will work, and what to do about them and it never changes. It's almost kind of soothing, well, if you can get your head off the heat." She remarked, waving a hand by her face as if to fan herself before leaning down to start at her noodles again. This time being QUITE weary to eat smaller portions for her poor taste bud's sake.

And she continued to eat, she even surpressed a groan as Yuuta went on another defense of Benders. He was quite keen to argue for them, though something told Shachi that Yuuta might just be arguing it so much because it was her. Either he didn't care, which meant Shachi might be able to bug him enough, or he was a bender apologist, but such a devastating thing was beyond her. "Yeah? You do know that all five council members are benders right? And the Police chief is a bender, and the bulk of the police forces are benders as well? That can't just be some coincidence." She replies arching an eyebrow, Checkmate. "Of course I wouldn't discriminate her, I don't discriminate against anyone. All benders are not bad, but to free ourselves from the grip of their tyranny we must make ourselves known as a force that will not sit down and take it any longer. We want equality, nothing more, and we will not accept any less."
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2012 0:08:09 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2012 0:08:09 GMT -6

"Sure," he said, his boredom and annoyance showing obviously showing in his voice. Oh great, he was going to get flack for that without a doubt and he was trying pretend to be nice so she would go away. He just had to pretend to be nice long enough that she wouldn't see him as a charity case. Yuuta doubted he could last much longer in her presence without a bit of brain damage. Why the Equalists wanted someone like her around baffled him beyond belief.

As usual, the medicine man kept quite, letting Shachi talk on and on about her glass profession, nodding here and there to show that he was listening though he barely every other word that came out of her mouth. Sure, some of it was interesting, but he found the movement of the soup of the bowl of noodles to be far more tasteful.

Yuuta held up his hands in a defensive position. "Hey, why don't we just start talking about something a bit more pleasant?"he suggested, using a nicer tone to his voice, looking at her with his green eyes, even giving her a smile that lasted longer than a second. "What about you? How did you get to republic city? " It was a fair question; not everyone was a descendant of those that lived here before Avatar Aang and former Fire Lord Zukko established the city.
Anonymous
Aug 14, 2012 11:24:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 14, 2012 11:24:08 GMT -6

Shachi continued to slurp down her noodles, her eyes narrowed a bit as she fought back the tears and everything from her tongue to the roof of her mouth and even her lips burned, why yes- these noodles were far too hot. But darnit, she'd finish them and show up Mr. Grumpy Pants! Or well, she would look ridiculous with the sweat beading on her forehead and cheeks scarlet red as she forces down another mouth full of the 'burns like hell fire' noodles. What she certainly lacked in subtlety, she more than made up in persistence and unbridled enthusiasm, was something the Equalists could use in an ardent supporter, even if it really set her up to be a lackey to get thrown in the slammer while the other's got away.

"S-Sure!" She remarks, pushing the noodles away from her to minimum safe distance, even the smell made her mouth burn more. "Me? Well, I was born here! Mother was from the Water tribe and moved down when she was about my age, father- well, he's lived here his whole life. I'd have to ask him about where his ancestors are from. But yeah, I've lived in the same little store, foundry and home for my whole life. I can't imagine living anywhere else, I mean- there's just EVERYTHING you could ever want here!" She remarks, throwing her arms wide with a blinding smile and a twinkle in her eyes before she leans in conspiratorially.

"So! Why haven't you just walked off yet? There's got to be something right?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows in an animated fashion with a small smile creasing her face. It was time to go for the throat Shachi! She was so close she could practically taste the new friendship! Or she could, if she could taste anything other than what can only be described as 'burning' at the moment.
Anonymous
Aug 14, 2012 12:07:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 14, 2012 12:07:33 GMT -6

Yuuta eyed the girl as she attempted to eat the noodles. Really? This was ridiculous. And her fault. She was the one to order the same thing he did, which was a taste he had been accustomed to over a number of years and finding the type of noodles that he, himself, enjoyed. He had never met anyone with the same tastes as him. If he did, well, an instant bond would form right there, but that was becoming increasingly rare by the day. And he had yet to find someone to make his food exactly the way he liked it. Sadly enough, his own mother rarely hit that expectation. She even joked that his high standards were what made him grumpy all the time, seeing as high expectations would only leave him disappointed. And he had to admit, that was part of the problem.

"Nice," he commented absently. He didn't really care, but at least they weren't arguing. "Which water tribe?" he asked, slightly hoping it was the Northern water tribe, where his mother was. If she knew enough about her mother's side, he could ask about what it was like up there and how skilled the healers were so he knew if he was or was not getting his money's worth. It was costing him a small fortune to have his mother up there to get better. If she wasn't getting better at all, he'd rather take care of her himself back here in Republic City until she left him... for good. At least, that way, he could spend more time with her and put that money into savings for starting his own family; that is, if he could find a girl that could put up with him.

"To tell the truth, I'm afraid you'd follow me home like a stray dog," Yuutaa said. If he was lucky enough, she wouldn't take it as an insult. It wasn't intended to be one, but the last thing he needed was her on his case. He swore, he was surrounded by women all the time. Couldn't he, just once, have a conversation with a male? Except his master; that man was impossible to have a casual conversation with. "And my roommate doesn't like pets," he added, not knowing if she did or not. He was simply trying to make a point.
Anonymous
Aug 14, 2012 14:22:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 14, 2012 14:22:37 GMT -6

Shachi looked down at her noodles, now probably next to Yuuta's bowl as the Non bender can't even imagine eating another mouthful, so he sits back and tents her fingers as she balances the chair back on it's hind legs as she tilts her head a little, watching Yuuta now. "North water tribe, I've never been there before though." She remarks with a nod, sticking her chin out as she balances a little precariously, feet braced against the table legs and the front legs of the chair a few inches from the ground. "Mom talked about it a lot, apparently it's a lot more calmer than all the hustle and bustle you get here in Republic City. But different strokes for different folks right? As I said, could never imagine living anywhere else." She remarks again, talking Yuuta's ear off for the umpteenth time today. But that was really the only time she ever felt 'comfortable', she always had a tendency to fall into pits of awkwardness and anxiety when left to her own devises or with little to occupy her attention, thinking too much when things got quiet was probably one of her bigger pitfalls.

"And you wouldn't beg your roomie to keep me?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest and heaving a heavy sigh. "Though it sounds like your roomie is a big grump as well, you all must get along real fine." She remarks with a smile as she moves her hands up behind her head and interlaces her fingers. "Then again, I guess you think I'm one of those yappy little lap dogs that barks every time anyone so much as moves." She remarks, giggling a little at the mental image she conjures up in her head. "So, what's your favorite animal, color?" She asks, tipping the chair further- almost to the tipping point.
Anonymous
Aug 14, 2012 20:44:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 14, 2012 20:44:26 GMT -6

Northern water tribe? She must have read his mind. Was he that transparent at stuff like this? No, impossible; he was about as solid as a brick when it came to hiding his innermost thoughts. On another note, he was a bit saddened by the fact Shachi's mother hadn't managed to teach her about accepting your weaknesses. So what that they weren't benders and didn't have that advantage from birth? It was simply an excuse by less successful people wanting an easy way up to a better life. A woman from the northern water tribe, a place full of benders and nonbenders, should have taught that to her child.

He couldn't repress the urge to shake his at her words. She was like those tiny, annoying dogs that wouldn't shut up once someone did so much as walk away. At least she didn't drool and try to bite his cane. Although, at the way it was progressing, he was starting to become weary she might do just that. "I wouldn't want to waste my roommate's time," he said, purposely avoiding any pronouns. Not a lot of people would approve or see it as a safe thing for a man and woman to share an apartment despite their platonic relationship. And the last thing he needed was for her to in depth about Shuai, who was a firebender.

"I like fish. I don't have a particular favorite nor do I like them as a meal. I find their company preferable to the likes of... well, people like you." Yuuta actually said generic fish because he didn't do a whole lot with them and never paid much attention to them, but it was an easy lie. No one knew his favorite thing to do was feed turtleducks bread at the park. And he intended to keep it that way. "Green. My mother was from the Earth Kingdom."
Anonymous
Aug 15, 2012 12:08:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 15, 2012 12:08:19 GMT -6

Shachi pouted a little, looking down her nose at Yuuta, though she DID have the oddest urge to start drooling, and gnaw on Yuuta's arm, though that happened more than one would expect anyways. She's only succumbed to the urges once too! Don't judge her. "Aw, you sure Yuuta? I bet we'd hit it off!" She chimes happily, tapping her chin with a finger, and considering everything, there might be some actual hitting involved at some point. Though, it's likely that bringing up his roomie's gender would be just as dangerous as bringing up the fact she were a bender, Yuuta probably wouldn't want Shachi thinking she had some kind of competition. Which she would immediately do of course.

"But... Fish are boring and really don't do anything. At all. I mean, you really seem like one of those guys with a giant fat cat or maybe a long eared hare." She remarks, totally pinning him for the type that would have a far too adorable to imagine. "Oh yeah? She a bender too?" She asks, twirling a finger in the air as she leans back again. "Mom's a bender." She remarks with a nod, her mother had never found a reason to reaffirm to her daughter about peace between benders and non benders as Shachi never showed a history of being bitter towards Benders. Her attachment to the Equalists now was a desperate grasp for a sense of identity, she'd give you a million other reasons though.
Anonymous
Aug 16, 2012 20:59:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 16, 2012 20:59:39 GMT -6

"I really doubt it," Yuuta said, sighing, as he raised the bowl of noodleless soup to his mouth and finished the last of his meal. He didn't have to look over to know his company hadn't finished their meal. She ate the food like a toddler eating new vegetables. Then again, Shachi had dug into the food as if she were expecting something different and received quite the shock. She had literally bitten off more than she could chew. But it wasn't his problem if she wanted to waste her money by not eating the food she bought. At least he got a nice meal, though not an exceptional one. "You're too noisy," he reminded the nonbender, pointing his chop sticks in her direction after setting down the porcelain bowl.

"Exactly," he pointed out. "Precisely the reason I like them." Even if it had been a lie, it had some truth to it. If he ever got a pet, it would defiantly be something calm and quiet. As for a giant fat cat, it was possible. Fat cats don't do much besides sleep, eat and be there for affection. Maybe he would get a fat cat at some point; he'd bring up that the next time he saw Shuai. "No, she isn't." His mother was a simple woman. He had a feeling she had wanted more out of life rather than caring for a child on her own, but she never seemed to mind it. As for his father, he had no idea if he was a bender or not. Yuuta never met the man who helped give him life, nor did he intend to find out who he was. Unless he was dead, there was no reason to let a woman raise a child on her own, doing all sorts of odd jobs just to pay the bills.
Anonymous
Aug 17, 2012 9:39:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 17, 2012 9:39:17 GMT -6

Shachi sighed loudly and rolled her eyes as she folded her hands behind her skull again. "Alright, sheesh. I get it, I talk to much." She remarks before putting a finger to the left side of her mouth and dragging it across her lips like she were zipping her mouth up before she throws away some imaginary key. Yuuta was about to learn that Shachi could be just as irritating even without the ability to speak. So,she just stares at him before heaving another exorbitant sigh and throwing her arms into the air as she continues to balance as if she's saying 'that's silly'. Then again, she was still a bit hungry, dumb spicy noodles.

Shachi rolled her eyes again and shook her head, of course he liked them because he was super bland and boring. If only his taste in noodles were the same when it came to pets and company. Though, now she's attempting to pantomime her opinion that his Roommate, who might be an upstanding lady and a welcome part of the Equalist freedom fighting army, also sounds like a TOTAL stick in hte mud. Then again, that really just looks like blind flailing to those uninitiated to the world of mimeing. Or- What's more likely, is that she's about to tilt the chair over and is helplessly pinwheeling her arms and trying to recover without crashing. "Yuuta!" She squeaks, breaking her vow of silence as she reaches 'the point of no return' with the chair.
Anonymous
Aug 20, 2012 20:51:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 20, 2012 20:51:11 GMT -6

A staring contest now? he thought to himself with an exasperated sigh. He gave up! He just didn't know what to do at this point. Yuuta almost felt like imitating her the gesture she made with her hands in his frustration, but managed to resist the urge. He was determined to get rid of her; copying her would show they had some... friendship or something and she would longer persist to stick to him like glue. Instead, he rolled his eyes and placed his chop sticks on the top of the bowl to show the cook that he was finished with his meal and that the dish could be taken back for cleaning. Ah, it was nice to get a meal in for the first in a while. He mostly ate whatever was around and at the last place he rented, his roommate always ate out so all he had to eat were snacks.

While a bowl of rice was on his mind, Shachi's body moved from the corner of his eye. It wasn't the type of movement like she was getting out of her chair or leaving; she was falling. It would be a lie if the idea of letting her fall hadn't crossed his mind, but he wasn't an ass. Quickly, he moved out from his chair to catch hers. Catching it was easy, but bringing it back up wasn't as so. "You're heavier than you look," he grumpily commented as he placed the chair back on it's four legs. Speaking of legs, his wasn't too happy about the sudden pressure he put on it.

He, too tired to bring himself back to the chair, flopped on the ground, his hands going to his injured leg to massage the muscle. "Damn," the dark haired man cursed. Not only was she annoying, but clumsy as well and he, trying to do the good thing, ended up being the person who got hurt.
Anonymous
Aug 23, 2012 14:41:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 23, 2012 14:41:20 GMT -6

Shachi's life flashed before her eyes as she grabbed for Yuuta's arm, then again, her life was quite uninteresting and a good half of that flashback was staring at her hands or molten glass. "I'm too youn-" She meeps, though quickly falling silent when her (dark and brooding) knight in shining armor stops her fall. She quickly grabs the arms of the chair and grips them tight as she crosses her legs and gulps. Alright, so it was a bit of a dramatic display from her considering it was a three foot drop tops, but in her defense it was quite startling! "I uhm, wow- Thanks!" She remarks, her cheeks ruby red and tone a quite a bit less boisterous than it had been a minute or so earlier.

"Is that a compliment?" She asked airily trying to play off her embarasment with a joke as she relinquishes her death grip on the chair and pushes herself up, mentally berating herself for not being so clumsy before her attention is returned to Yuuta on that declaration from the dark haired man. "O-oh...Uh... Sorry Yuta." She remarked, biting her lip as a grimace creased her face and she took a knee next to him, fumbling blindly in her head for some way to help but coming up blank. "Augh, sorry, let me help you up." She near pleaded, feeling quite guilty. Getting someone hurt was not the best way to foster a blooming, or was it a wilting one.

(( On phone, apollogize for typos and such.))
Anonymous
Aug 27, 2012 23:21:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 27, 2012 23:21:32 GMT -6

A thanks was all he got? She should!- no. He was tired and didn't want to have to deal with something like that right now, even in his own head. "You're welcome," he grumbled in a rather unpleased tone. Yuuta's green eyes went to see if she was okay: she was. Alright, so he wouldn't have to fret about her being injured (he did enough of that at the herbalry), but what was with the blush? From his dealings with women, she was either extremely thankful or really embarrassed about her little fall. In all truth he didn't blame her for such embarrassment. If he was in the same situation and had to be rescued like that, he would just be embarrassed but humiliated as well. Needing to be saved by someone else just felt so wrong to him. Perhaps that why he wanted to help others.

"Might as well take it as one," he murmured. "It's fine, it's fine." Yup, he definatly hated being helped. It took a bit of his integridy away every time someone felt like they needed to help him, like it was some sort of responsibility because of his disability. It was annoying and not at all helpful. "No!" he said in a harsh whisper. Yuuta pushed her shoulder lightly with his own as he rocked himself to his side - the side with his good leg - and then pushed himself up. With a plop he landed himself on his chair and heaved a heavy sigh. "Sorry; I don't mind helping, but I don't like being helped. Just leave it at that."

He hid his eyes with his hand, his head leaning back and supported only by the back of the chair. "Just pay and leave me alone. I've tried to be nice," he said without having removed his hand from his eyes or lift his head. "But that isn't something normal for me. Go." Mr. Nice- Guy was no longer around; hurting his leg was the tipping point for him. Why wouldn't she leave him alone?
Anonymous
Sept 6, 2012 10:49:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 6, 2012 10:49:28 GMT -6

Shachi frowned, her brow creasing as she put her hands on her hips and tried to work this through in her head. Yuuta quite clearly was not playing hard to get, or the 'bad ass dark and mysterious type' either. And to be quite honest he was downright hostile and rude, and she was never one to blame herself unduly, but in this case- well, she might be at fault. She continued to work through it, her eyes locked on Yuuta as she stood, trying to formulate a response, really anything to salvage this, for Yuuta's sake more than her own. "No." She replies simply, taking a knee again next to his chair and placing her hands on her right knee as she tries to look him in the eyes, though it's likely she's just going to stare at the right side of his head.

"I hurt you, I did this- and yeah, I annoyed you and it's my fault darnit. You might not really like me and I may have gotten on your nerves, but I'm not leaving without at least trying to make it up. I'm going to help you home, not because you need it or anything, because I owe you for putting up with me. I owe you because I hurt you, and it's what a good person would do." She remarks quite seriously, her voice equal parts worry that her plea would fall on deaf ears and a sort of rough determination. "Think of it this way, you're helping put some obnoxious girl's conscious to rest."
Anonymous
Sept 6, 2012 16:19:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 6, 2012 16:19:40 GMT -6

Yuuta looked at her in surprise, removing his hand from his eyes and opening them. So she really did want to take responsibility for this? Fine. He'd let her help though he would have preferred her to leave him be, even if it meant limping home by himself. Actually, he would have loved to limp home all by himself. At least he would have been alone. "Fine," he grunted, "But stay quite." If she wanted to settle her conscious then she was going to do things his way. Not that he would try anything perverted or take advantage of her, but he really couldn't take much more of her and her ongoing antics.

"You," he spat, "Have not been 'making up' anything. I tried to be nice and showed you to you book club but you followed me. And followed me. You are trying too hard. You seem desperate." He didn't really have a point or goal to those words, but needed to get them out there and over with. Usually, he tried to act nice, but keeping in his thoughts always seemed like something that would eventually destroy him from the inside out. With girls like her, everything seemed to be a challenge, even eating a silly bowl of noodles!

He helped himself up, leaning on the table with both of his arms. "Pay," Yuuta said, his breath a bit heavier as it took more out of him to stand with his leg hurting like that. He didn't even bother to wait for her to pay before grabbing his cane and walking out the door and down the street, knowing she'd find him easily. He walked slowly, limping to keep the most weight off the leg.
Anonymous
Sept 7, 2012 15:41:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 7, 2012 15:41:03 GMT -6

Shachi nodded quickly, mentally having to stop herself from doing the whole 'mouth zipping' routine or earlier. While Yuuta might have appreciated her not saying anything during her brief vow of silence, Shachi chalked up her silence as being the sole factor as to why everything had crashed and burned so spectacularly. Then again, maybe she's really just trying to do everything to tell herself she's not screwed this up spectacularly. Maybe that's why she's a terrorist who refuses to believe she's a terrorist and that she holds the moral high ground, it would take awhile to wade through the conflicting ideas and emotions which make her who she is.

Shachi could only look a small bit hurt by that comment, her brows furrowed and lips pursed as she picked up a hand to respond before doubting her move and awkwardly running her hand against the side of her head as if she were pushing back a lock of free hair, despite none being present there. She really had seen this as one large challenge, trying to break through what she saw was a grumpy load that refused to try to at least try to be happy. Seems like this all stemmed from some drastic misunderstanding on Shachi's part, and it was starting to burn them both now. Well, it's been hurting Yuuta awhile it seems.

She wordlessly nodded to Yuuta at the order to pay, quickly turning around and fishing in her pockets for the needed pay, gently dropping the coins and a substantial pay to make up for any disturbance before turning with a small smile, hoping to find Yuuta only to find... well, nothing! She glanced right and left before catching sight of him and jogging lightly after, crossing the distance between the two and sidling up against him as if she were offering him to put his weight against her.