The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

tone of voice (shachi)

Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 16:58:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 16:58:41 GMT -6

He kept walking despite Shachi's sudden stop. "My leg will be fine. I've dealt with it for eight years, I can manage a little walk," he said, his tone of voice suddenly harsh. To him, telling him to stop was an insult, like he couldn't manage anything on his own. For the man, not being able to support himself was a sign of weakness and that was something he could not afford while his mother is away, receiving help for an illness he might also inherit later on in his life. The leg situation was bad enough besides the thought of being fatally ill, needing other to help him with every last chore of the day.

"I don't finish jobs halfway," he told her. "Also, Shachi, if you're concerned about me finding the place, you've already told me the address. I only plan to deliver you there so you know where to go tonight." At first, she wouldn't let him go and now she wants him to leave? Well, he did have to hand it to her, trying to keep this all secret. If she had used a better cover than a secret book club and he wasn't the type to pry into people's businesses, she wouldn't have had anything to worry about.

"Though, if you don't mind telling me, why did you join?" he asked her, actually rather interested why someone would want to join a group like that.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 19:53:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 19:53:48 GMT -6

Shachi continued walking, not slowing up so that they were shoulder and shoulder again as she slips her hands into the pockets of her baggy pants. "Sure, whatever you say." She replies back curtly, eyes darting about again. She didn't even care that he sounded angry, she was already silently fuming at herself. She'd just started a hell of a mess and put not only herself into danger, but everyone going to that meeting and even possibly Yuuta, all because she had to be 'personable'. Maybe dad WAS right about not asking for directions.

And unfortunately enough for Shachi she IS the type to use a lame excuse like a secret book club and then pry into other's business, heck, Yuuta has only scratched the surface of her prying ability. "Well... Thanks." She muttered back in response, still not looking over her shoulder. If only Yuuta had been dumb! Or old, or something other than a total grump who tore through her lies like toilet paper.

Though Yuuta's next question killed her admittedly disjointed train of thought. "W-What?" She retorted quickly, freezing on the spot as he says that. She considered another lie, but quickly dispelled the notion with quite a heavy sigh. "Because it's the right thing. Change results only from action, and no one on that phony council speaks for the Nonbenders" She snorts in response, diverting her eyes to the ground before turning around, her cheeks quite red. "I suggest you not dig any deeper, for your own good."
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 20:22:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 20:22:46 GMT -6

Yuuta heaved a sigh as the girl became passive aggressive. Indeed, this was none of his business, but she was the one who had approached him, asking for directions, bugging him about his leg and telling obvious lie after lie, though insisting he keep talking. There was just... no pleasing this girl! He had talked to girls before, hung out with them and even rents an apartment with one, but none have been this unpleasing or annoying. He began to wonder how on Earth the Equalists dealt with her, or agreed to be associated with her.

"That," he said, "sounds like the basis of the, er, book club's ideas. What are your reasons for joining? Why are you putting yourself in the line of fire?" he asked, ignoring any and all extras from the girl, like turning away from him or snorting. "Besides, action doesn't always have to be aggressive. If you think the benders are bad, attacking them back is just as so." Fighting fire with fire never made sense to the medicine man, especially when one side thinks the other side's violence is against them. Conflict always leads to more conflict.

"Well, if it's a suggestion, I'll have to decline. We've finally found something to talk about," he said, leaving out "besides my leg" as an attempt to be more polite. "Are you worried for me?" he teased. If digging deeper was something that wasn't good for him, then why did she defend the ideals? After all, he was a non-bender with a disability who didn't care one way or another.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 15, 2012 20:23:01 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 21:21:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 21:21:55 GMT -6

"And the book club's ideals are my own, I'm doing what I'm doing because Republic City needs it!" She shouted before going wide eyed and clapping a hand over her mouth. "... Because we need better politicians who read more books!" She sounded off awkwardly before narrowing her eyes on Yuuta again. "And someone needs to put themselves into the line of fire, if not me who else? I'm fit, I'm decently strong and I have nothing else. I don't even think I'm worthy enough, but they're giving me a chance to fight for what is right and I'm going to give it my best." She remarked confidently, punching a fist into the air and smiling brightly, a twinkle in her eye. Say whatever you want about her, but she held complete and total faith in her ideals. Though she almost sounded a bit delusional when it actually came to what made up her ideals.

"And we aren't attacking benders, we're learning to defend ourselves. Once we become a threat on the political stage and they realize they're wrong they'll strike back with force like a cornered animal." She replies, thumbing her nose, and she honestly sounded like she'd believed that as well. Sadly enough, this wasn't some sort of brainwashing forced upon her, she'd accepted this path and the delusions it brought with open arms, twisting it even further on her own than even the greatest propaganda artists would be able to in year's time.

"And well, yeah, I am worried about you. Secret book club members aren't dangerous people, unless you try to cross us." She remarked harshly, turning and starting to walk again, even if she didn't exactly know where she was going. "But I know you won't go to the police, because... I just know." She added with a little huff.
Anonymous
Jul 15, 2012 22:12:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 15, 2012 22:12:48 GMT -6

Yuuta almost laughed when Shachi began to shout at him, verbally defending herself and the 'book club'. Almost. It came out like a hiccup and a sneeze combined, tickling his sinuses so he sneezed as well. For the rest of her defense, he remained silent, as usual, not wanting to interrupt her. Actually, he was a tad afraid if he interrupted her, he would be the target of a physical assault. While she talked on, punching the air and whatnot, he began trouble tear apart her reasoning inside his head.

"You didn't really answer my question, Shachi. Fine, I'll rephrase my question: how did these become your ideals?"he asked, raising a brow at her. Surely one didn't just wake up and decide to join the Equalists out of the blue, otherwise this city would be in chaos. "For me, I haven't a quarry with any bender on the grounds of their advantage. I live a perfectly fine life, though money is a bit tight becau-" He stopped himself, noticing he was this close to talking about his mother and her illness and -in turn- his paranoia of the illness.

"I'm not saying I'm against your book club or anything, as long as no one is getting hurt- especially you. A sense of belonging is never a bad thing unless its what drives you to do things you might later regret,"he said. It took him a moment of pause in his voice to realize he hand been ranting. Dear spirits, was her annoyance contractible?

Well, that would be predictable with any human being, to only be dangerous once angered, but he's heard of that chi blocking thing. He wondered if there was any long term effects on the opposer's body after repeated attacks. "Well then, just don't let them talk to me and I'll be fine." Yuuta knew he wasn't a pleasure and could anger just about anyone other than a patient within seconds.
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 12:54:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 12:54:55 GMT -6

Shachi shot another look over her shoulder at the first question before waving a hand in the air. "I think I always knew it, that something had to be done right? All it took was a little push and meeting that man at the park, and well- there I was." She remarked with a nod, though most of it was a lie. She never held any qualms with the benders till her gullibility, and a sense of a needing to belong twisted her beliefs to fall in line with those of the Equalists. She was just that easily manipulable, got in far over her head and agreed to something she shouldn't have. And now she refuses to see her faults or take a deep breath and examine the situation.

She was about to retort his opinion before picking up on that money line, deciding to move out of her uncomfortable she settled on interrogating Yuuta now, for at least a moment. "Money problems?" She asked, whirling about and putting her hands on her hips as she blinked. "You keep starting comments and bringing your current situation up before cutting them short each time. What are you hiding?" She asked, walking up and prodding him on the chest.

"And let them arrest or hurt me! I'll never regret anything I do in the name of freedom!" She shouted again, before similarly deflating quite dramatically. "For my book club!"She shouts, in case anyone else might be eaves dropping. "Especially me though? Aw, keep sweet talking me and I might think this relationship is going somewhere!" She chimed in real quick, whether she was trying to bother Yuuta or truly meant that is up for debate. "And no problem with that, I'll just talk over you the whole time if any of them approach us between here and there."
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 14:03:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 14:03:03 GMT -6

The man at the park? She did mean to refer to the annoying preacher that kind of just yelled at everyone passing by? Don't get him wrong, Yuuta didn't have anything against the freedom of speech, but he did have a limit to his tolerance of when people blatantly yelled the first thing off the top of their head. He even saw a bender or two get picked on for defending themselves. Honestly, stereotypes and prejudice would be the downfall of this city. Whatever happened to the nice days that the elders liked to talk about, when Avatar Aang was around and crime was at it's lowest? He almost wished he was born a few years earlier just so he could see how things used to be.

Yuuta groaned loudly, finding her idea of lack of personal space quite invasive as she poked his chest "My mother is ill, if you want to know, and she is the only family I have so most of my money goes to the North Pole for proper treatment. Happy?" he asked sarcastically, his words with little space between them so he could stop talking about it as soon as possible. "So I actually rely on the waterbenders there to heal her because I know none of my herbal remedies could cure what she has." He felt a bead of sweat drop down his neck; was if from talking about his mother and the anxiety that came with it or the fact he was pushing himself to finish what he started to do.

He smiled at the fact Shachi hadn't realized she should control her voice and stop yelling nonsense in the context she was giving the bystanders. Book clubs that got hurt and arrested? Makes the average person wonder what kind of books they're reading, if they even still believed it to be a book club. "I merely meant that if you suspect any fowl play, get yourself out of it. You don't want to be digging your grave by staying when you know something bad is going to happen," he tells her. What was Yuuta beginning to feel? Was he starting to feel protective of her? It was obvious she was better off than him, though she seemed to be more manipulable and not as clever as he.
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 20:37:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 20:37:21 GMT -6

Shachi on the other hand LOVED the annoying preacher in the park, it probably had to do with the fact that both of them loved to talk. Though Shachi was much more chatty and much less shout you to deaf, and she could only preach on for so long before going into some long winded tangent that ended with her gushing her love for turtle ducks. Did she ever say she loved Turtle Ducks? Because she looooooves Turtle Ducks.

She might have even been thinking of the turtle ducks as she pulled her hand back, quite happy with the fact he'd yet to tell her to stop touching him. "I uh... I'm actually sorry to hear that." She replies, sounding more than a bit embarrassed as her cheeks flushed a little red. She had a whole argument lined up about how bending was killing the advancement of science and medicine. But for once in her life, she decides to hold her tongue, thinking that Yuuta would most certainly be the wrong one to argue about THAT with. "... I talk way to much don't I?" She asked awkwardly now, wringing her hands. She really had nothing else to say, she knew sorries would only get him angrier and that any form of simple condolences were useless. It was lose lose for poor Shachi so she just kept quiet and shot a look to the ground.

Though, she does shoot one final look up at him for the last suggestion. "I uh... Alright, thanks..." She murmured, just as a few seconds ago she shifted her weight from one side to another. She wouldn't lie, she thought Yuuta was... Interesting? Not really nice, or incredibly handsome, or funny, or athletic, or fit- but he was smart. And there was just something about him! Probably all that dumb 'dark mysterious brooding' themes her romance books expounded upon near constantly.
Anonymous
Jul 17, 2012 0:31:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 17, 2012 0:31:58 GMT -6

"It's fine," he muttered with a slight shake of his head. Again, he didn't like being looked down on or thought to be weak. But at least she wasn't talking about how he should have sent his mother to a non-bender. To tell the truth, despite his occupation, he didn't trust modern medicine to be able to cure cancer and defiantly not with his mother's life on the line. He didn't hate sending her to benders, but he didn't like the costs of sending her all the way up there, to cold and in a place without any friends or family.

"You're finally catching on?" he replied, rolling his eyes. His mind was now on track thinking about his mother and his health, leaving pleasantries such as nicer conversation out of the mix. Worries filled his mind like: "had he eaten enough for breakfast?", "did he eat enough of a certain vegetable?" and "was he avoiding any illnesses that could avoid the lowering of his immune system?". Who knew if this girl was carrying some type of cold in the air around her that he could catch? He couldn't afford any blips in his health.

"Whatever," he sighed, stopping in his walk. "We're here. The place you want is right there on the first floor," he said, pointing towards one of the least run down buildings. "I'm off," Yuuta grunted as he turned around and kept on walking, though he felt like his leg was going to fall off at any moment.
Anonymous
Jul 19, 2012 16:54:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2012 16:54:55 GMT -6

Shachi stared up at the building, soaking up all of the details and committing them to memory, joy- it looked like every other building in these flats, though at Yuuta's declaration she turned on her heel to look at him as he began to walk off. She stood there for a moment, face quite blank and ears perked just a small bit before she begins to follow. "Woah! Hey! Wait up!" she calls, speed walking after him and then sidling up with a bright smile. "Ditching me so soon?" She asks with a wry grin. Normally she would have just left him with that, but she felt bad for the poor guy, not because of his injury or his mother, but mostly because she could tell he didn't have much to actually fall back upon when it came to friends. Or, it didn't seem like it to Shachi.

"Now, If I'm really annoying you Mr. Grump I'll leave but it seems like you need a friend." She chortled in an airy voice, at ease that Yuuta wasn't going to report her to the police or anything. "And hey, I hear melting the heart of a meany-mc grumpy pants is the most rewarding type of friendship!" She chimes, putting a hand against the side of her head. "Then again, you never know. I could just be THAT annoying." She adds, biting her lip, and now she's doubting herself!
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2012 22:08:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2012 22:08:01 GMT -6

"Yes, I was," he groaned. Why wouldn't he have wanted to leave as soon as possible? Most people would have left long ago. If she still wanted to follow him, he didn't care; he had done his part by helping her. Now, to start back near that bench he was around before and find that best route to his jobs. Preferably, he'd walk a route with little to no inclines or stairs, even if it meant a longer route. He just wasn't able to deal with stairs before, but now that he had to climb to sets of them to get to his apartment, any more stairs would be murder.

"And you can tell how?" Yuuta replied snarkily. Friends? He had enough social contact as it was with two jobs and a roommate (though thankfully their face-to-face time was limited by their schedules) without needing to keep up with people and pretend to care about stuff he couldn't give a crap about. However, her oddly annoying way of going about her business was interesting in the fact it was better than nothing.

"You are that annoying," he said with a sigh. "Are you just following me so I won't head to the cops or whatever?" he asked, accusing her, even though he knew it was wrong. He just hoped it would get her away without having to directly say it.
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 14:44:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 14:44:52 GMT -6

"Pffft, well you aren't geting away that easy?" She replied cheekily before flashing another grin and tossing her pony tail to another shoulder. And she most certainly was going to follow him, to the bench, to wherever he needed to go till she got a smile, or at least some semblance of a kind word. She was going to be his friend if it killed her! Or ended up talking him to death, one or the other. And all this walking was good exercise! Much better than being cooped up in that store or the constant meticulous movements, and then butt kickings, she received when practicing her chi-blocking. She wasn't the best sparring partner by far.

"Well, the scathing attitude, bitter words, accusations, general grumpiness." She replies, stopping and putting her left hand on her hip before wagging her pointer finger on her right hand. "Those are usually the signs of someone who needs a buddy to gush too." She chimes, stepping up her pace again with a swishing gait before canting her head at that question. "I don't like to think of it so much as being annoying as charming you know?" She asked, winking to Yuuta before clicking her tongue. "If I was following you just because I was afraid you were going to the cops wouldn't I have to follow you everywhere forever then?" She asked before her face lights up and she grins impishly. "Oh, why don't I do JUST that?"
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 17:57:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 17:57:23 GMT -6

Scathing attidue? Bitter words? Those were because he wanted her to go away. She just kept following him everywhere despite everything he said. The general grumpiness was normal, though, was normal and something he was always aware of but did nothing to stop it. It only stopped when he was around people he liked (he didn't like a lot of people) or when he was dealing with patients. His job was important to him and there was nothing he wouldn't do for it, but random people like Shachi? There was no way he was going to put on his 'nice guy' attitude for it- er... her.

Yuuta sighed. "But I don't need any friends," he told her. The trying of these kinds of things seemed like a waste of time to him. The biggest waste of his time, to tell the truth. Why did he need people to like him? His social contact consisted of: letters to his mother, his roommate, his master -the herbalist- and the patients/customers of the store. Friends would get in the way of his schedule and not to mention any disease people might carry with them.

"Oh spirits, please don't," he exasperated. That was not at all how he wanted her to take it. If anything, he might have wanted Shachi to take it as an insult and leave. Nope. He got his hopes up for nothing.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 14:15:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 14:15:12 GMT -6

Shachi picked up the general negative feelings, but missunderstood why exactly they were being directed to her. She wasn't under the impression that Yuuta really wanted her to leave as much as she felt he was always like this with everyone. Because why would anyone want Shachi to leave? She was always trying to be the highlight of someone's day after all, mostly because there wasn't any need for negativity in her mind.Why add to everyone's bad moods when you can at least try to make them happy. It was all mental after all!

"Oh pe-shaw." She started with a quiet giggle. "Everyone needs friends and only those looking for an excuse ever say they don't." She starts, swishing and swaying as she followed. She had plenty of time to kill, and her constant badgering would have to do something. "And you know the way to a man's heart? Food." She remarked, throwing her hands out. "Want to get something to eat?" She asks innocently before grinning a bit. "And just saying, if you get me arrested I'll break out just to bother you even more. You're stuck with me for the time being already aren't you?"
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 17:31:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 17:31:03 GMT -6

An excuse? He didn't have an excuse. He just didn't like most people. He tried to be nice and gentlemen-like and this is what he got? A hyperactive Equalist that wanted to be his friend? What if he was a bender? Would she have be so keen on being his friend, then? Perhaps he could throw a bit of water in the air, say he's a bender and run off- if he could run. "Whatever," he dismissively said, trying to brush away her overly energetic words. It seemed like being mean wasn't going to get her away. Did he really? Did he really have to ask nicely for her to leave so he would be alone?

Food sounded quite nice right about now after his long, useless walk with Shachi. "Sure. A noodle shop," he told her. "You're paying." It was the least she could do for constantly bugging him. Besides noodles were his comfort food -as long as they weren't that instant nonsense- so he hoped he could sound her out as he ate. At the very least, the noodles could up his blood sugar so her voice didn't seem nearly as annoying to him.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 20:49:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 20:49:02 GMT -6

Had Yuuta been a bender things would have been much different, and it most likely would have ended with some bundled kidnapping attempt by Shachi after their little 'date'. It really would be so much easier for the both of them as was. And every mean act, and every harsh word and similar rebuttal only drove her to be more and more persistent. It seemed at this rate Yuuta was only reinforcing a deadly cycle of advanced and extreme bothering the likes of which would break one of lesser will in a moment.

"W-Wait, really?" She asked, sounding quite flabbergasted as she kept pace. There was simply no way and no how she would have expected Yuuta to say yes to that, though now she had some leverage to push even more. "Sure can!" She singsongs in response to the order as she fidgets a little. "It'll be just like a real date!" She nearly squeals, her cheeks a little red. Alright, that one might have been done to deliberately bother Yuuta. Shachi was going to at least have a little bit of fun if she could.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 21:45:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 21:45:04 GMT -6

Shachi had sounded so shocked when he accepted her gift of a meal. Did she think he didn't eat or that he preferred noodle shops? Inwardly, he groaned out of anguish but outwardly he offered her a passing smile. It was possible a little kindness wouldn't kill him, but he was positive that she could manage to kill him if he let her continue the way she had been going.

Whoa whoa whoa. In no form was this a 'date'. "As if. You're not my type," he said, noticing her blush. He couldn't help that his cheeks had reddened slightly as well, but he figured it was from pushing his body to keep walking while his leg screamed in pain each time. He noticed a noodle shop barely a block away. Thank goodness. He could sit!

"There's a place right there,"he pointed out as he headed that way. In no time, he reached the shop and took a seat at the nearest place he could, letting out a sigh of relief as the pain reduced, but didn't completely go away.

Karena Edit: Fixed formatting. :)
Last edit: Jul 22, 2012 23:10:49 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 22:01:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 22:01:34 GMT -6

Shachi clasped her hands before her and walked quite jauntily as she closed her eyes and grinned oh so brightly. Just hamming it up so much now, and that little grin he offered her helped put her into a much better mood. Maybe she would lay off the teasing just a small, tiny little bit, and maybe talk quieter. She was confident toning it down now that she was getting at least SOME results from him. And if you asked her, the bubbly attitude and deluge of words she could muster at a whim were entirely harmless! The inspector general has yet to get back on the legitimacy of such an argument though.

"Not your type? I bet you like the boring, drab, dark haired light skinned type that weight barely an ounce over a hundred and read poetry in the dark while lamenting about the misstreatment of the Giant Koi or something." She replies, waving her hand in the air as she thinks of more adjectives. "The really deep type that couldn't have an ounce of fun and acts like they're trying to learn blood bending or something ridiculous like that." She adds, poking her tongue out at Yuuta before quickly tucking it back in at the sight of Yuuta's reddened cheeks. Oh no, here comes the awkward pit settling into her stomach, seems like she puts a LOT into reading the little nuances of people. "Oh, awesome. Noodles." She chuckles awkwardly, coming to stop where he sits and rubbing the back of her head before sitting next to him and clicking her tongue after a prolonged sentence. "... So, what kinda' noodles you like?" She remarks, trying for any conversation.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 23:02:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 23:02:13 GMT -6

He knew she would go off on the 'his type' ordeal for a bit, though a bit shocked that she had softened her tone of voice and was a bit less ecstatic about everything she talked about. It was almost funny what she thought his type of girl was and how she put so much effort into finding just the right words to describe the fake, imaginary woman constructed in her mind, but he knew better than to feed into the fire just yet.

Adjusting himself to the high stool, she listened to her once more. Why was she acting all awkward, now? Did she seriously get it into her head that this was a date. By the spirits, let it be time for work already. At least the endless repetition let himself think.

"No, she wouldn't be anything like that,"he said, sitting erect in his seat as he waited to be served. "I like women that can take care of themselves seeing as, well, I can barely take care of myself. I don't bother with physical aspects such as light skin or weight, but I would like someone a tad younger than myself and ready to raise a family. I like intellectual but quite women, someone who isn't afraid to speak their mind but knows when and how to say it, like picking your own battles. However, much to your distaste, I would prefer to marry into a line of benders."

"As for noodles, I prefer stiff noodles with strong broth, extra spice and lots of toppings," Yuuta told the equalist. "That instant nonsense is revolting and plainly disrespectful to the art of noodles." It wasn't before long until someone took his order, copying what he had said to Shachi.
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 23:40:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 23:40:59 GMT -6

Shachi continued to mold her mental image of Yuuta's perfect girl, lounging on some bed, for some odd reason everything is in complete grey scale as the woman recites some convoluted poetry piece about the limitless expanses of the mind, though her image is quickly shattered as Yuuta goes on. Nodding here and there at the appropriate times and propping her chin up with the palm of her head as she listened, though she most certainly cringed at that last part. "But, why?" She asked, throwing out most of the other conversation. A family of benders? Maybe Yuuta wasn't as neutral as she really thought he had been. "Why burden Republic city with more unknowing oppressors?" She asked, leaning back and crossing her arms over her chest as she diverts her eyes and huffs.

Honestly, his taste in women really weren't that terrible all things considered, though he didn't hold anything back when it came to what he wanted. And a lot of the things he said didn't really fit her, though 'speak their mind' really painted a perfect picture of Shachi- at least in her mind. But really, benders? Maybe Yuuta was beyond saving. "Jeez, you know your noodles huh?" She asks before beaming to the waiter and cupping her hands. "Er, what he said." She remarked with a smile and a nod before glancing to Yuuta.

Normally she would have found it a bit odd to go into so much detail referring to something like noodles, but she chalked it up to being similar to how she viewed glass works. She could stare at a stained glass window for hours, critiquing every part of it after your average onlooker has moved on from the sheer boredom after a few minutes. She would just have to assume different strokes for different folks.