The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Towns and Villages

taedxoa
Nov 18, 2006 16:51:15 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 18, 2006 16:51:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Yeah, we'll have Halaku timeshift us when he posts again, and we'll be in Pyrazure the following morning.

*Annonduin*

"This has got to be the person I felt," Lotelin confirmed Kalari's suspicion, still kneeling by the girl. "I would suggest that we simply find a place to stay here in Annonduin, but... I have an idea. I know the priestess here. Let's go the Temple of Resh Qua; they'll have the same herbs as at my home temple. We can stabilize her, and then leave for Pyrazure before morning." Lotelin stood up and looked around until she saw the faint blue light from the Inner Sanctum of the water xolab's temple. "That way."
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 18, 2006 18:50:25 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 18, 2006 18:50:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Very well... Timeshift! I'll assume Lotelian takes on Vora as an unconsius guest, Kalari wihdraws to the outpost for his medatation, and everyone wakes up late the next day... By the way, the Vengance of Ashita left with the tide before dawn...)

Master Kalari emerged from the outpost, bowed once to the banner of the Six, and made his way across the village square. The natives spared him a curious glance or two, the younger ones whispering excitedly. Several of the Monks had vanished with the dawn, no doubt investigating the islands flora, fauna, and people. They were worse than children in a away, a rapid hunger for knowledge their greatest fault...

No matter. First to attend to the girl... He knocked on the door to Lotelian's house.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 18, 2006 20:15:09 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 18, 2006 20:15:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Pyrazure*

With the morning sun Lotelin had awoken, so the moment Kalari knocked, she opened the door with a smile, dressed in greens and reds. It was Orarien, the seventh day of the week in Common Tongue rendering, and a sacred day dedicated to Arien, the Sun, on the island.

"Master Kalari!" her sweet face glowed in the brilliant morning light. "Welcome. Won't you join us?" She moved out of the way of the door and gestured to the table, where the young girl from the previous night was seated, next to a Monk of Ko who quickly stood, bowing his head to the senior Galgori and knocking the chair down in the process.

OOC: You left me the opening with the "several Monks are missing" thing ;D
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 18, 2006 23:10:45 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 18, 2006 23:10:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Don't forget poor Lil' Fuegan. We're going to raided soon and a solution in sight would be muy bueno. Speaking of which, please RP a few encounters with sentries before you come barging in, eh? Give the famosuly paranoid Galgori some warning...)

raising one hand in acknowledgement of the Monk's bow, Kalari replied, "I have already eaten and plan to not break my fast until late this afternoon, but I would be glad to have some tea if it is already being made." He entered the chamber, watching the Monk lift his chair. Worse than children indeed... Smiling, the Galgori addressed the priestess, "If you have time, I would like to discuss your counterparts in the other temples today, know who I'll have to be dealing with... After seeing how our rescuee is doing, of course." A single grey eye shifted to girl, inquisitve.
This user is a guest
genshuku
Nov 19, 2006 14:44:49 GMT -6

Post by genshuku on Nov 19, 2006 14:44:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((Pyrazure))

After searching for a day for the Golgari master without any luck. Hayate decided to wait til hte morning to try again. The next morning, Hayate decided to try asking one of the villagers where Master Kalari was. By chance, the first door Hayate knocked upon was that of Lotelin, one of the island's few firebenders. I wonder if master Kalari is here? he thought as he sweat profusely. He had never talked to one of the priestess' family so he was worried about what he should say. Letting out a deep sigh, Hayate tried to knokc again on the door.
This user is a guest
Last edit by genshuku: Nov 19, 2006 14:45:03 GMT -6
taedxoa
Nov 20, 2006 11:04:52 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 20, 2006 11:04:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: This is all I got :P

From pages FORTY-TWO and FORTY-THREE of "THE LAST CHIEFTAIN AND THE BURNING SAINT"

- - Perhaps it was because Kaer had used his bending gifts to fight the evil of bending. Or perhaps it was because Kaer was not really human. But in this case, it seemed right to make an exception… within a certain limit, of course. The problem was that Izuma had to understand this limit, and also that I had just made a big deal about the whole thing. How does one step back from their position without appearing weak or signaling the opponent to take advantage?

- - I really should have trusted in Izuma’s grace more. She really was a grown woman… in most ways anyway.

- - I decided I was simply going to go talk to her and explain everything fully. I sat her down, made her promise to shut up, and gave her every reason I had for why she and Kaer shouldn’t pursue any higher-level relationships. But then I also gave her the reasons why I agreed to trust her, and silently prayed that she wouldn’t pounce on me for her sheer self-righteousness.

- - Izuma took it all in, herself quiet for a moment, and then said, “Now, are you just saying all this, or do you really mean it?”

- - I was about to answer when the horn called from the tower at the edge of camp. Three short, one long, one short. “Firebenders,” Izuma and I hissed, and looked into each other’s eyes. The argument was forgotten. Now there was a battle to be fought, and just as before, it would be our tradition to fight together, and upon our survival, to make peace. Auin and Kaer emerged from the clay citadel.

*Pyrazure*[/u]

"What on earth," Lotelin twisted her head at the sound of another knock on the door. "Have a seat, Master Kalari." She crossed over to the door, dropping off a pot of the island's raspberry tea on the table along the way, and opened her gateway graciously. The visitor was a stranger to the village but definitely of the island. "Greetings! What can this humble priestess do for you, sir?"
This user is a guest
genshuku
Nov 20, 2006 18:02:35 GMT -6

Post by genshuku on Nov 20, 2006 18:02:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Bowign politely in front of the village's priestess, "I wish to speak with Master Kalari, Priestess-sama" he said still bowing down. Hayate was very spiritual and very honorable even from a Mothguaith's poitn of view. "That is if he is there..." he said still keeping his face down.
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 20, 2006 18:25:44 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 20, 2006 18:25:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
blink said:

*Fuegan*

Juraia chuckled darkly under her hat, a rich rolling sound that bubbled out of her mouth in times of great relief or just before a kill. She honestly didn't know why she did so now. "If your intention was to mimic the behavior of the honored one you current inhabit," the vetran chortled grimly, "You just utterly failed. However... My daughters have always been close to one another, perhaps too close if a woman can be truly honest about her children, given a bond to Ko and one another that I was proud to have instilled in them despite my own history."

She sternly montoned, "The Long War is harsh and every Hunter needs something REAL to cling too or go insane. Ko, help me, I thought that my children could have one another, even if it nearly cost them Trials. Now this Coer has come, Kaer Sae's People have come and all is chaos. If your people can break my daughters, our Conclave is doomed." She sighed, looking away for a moment.

Anei looked over her shoulder, eyes dead with pain, "I understand why you said that, Coer, and apreciate it, but if you ever suggest it again, I might knee you in your vulnerables myself." A spark of anger flared and died before the older twin looked away.

(You missed replying to those bits, my friend and Ally Taed. Please do so. On with the show!)

*Pyrazure*

Bemused by the chaos bubbling up around him, Master Kalari turned to eye the figure who asked for him. Hmmm... Not a Bender but one of Kaer Sae's People. Odd that rumor of his arrival would have spread so quickly. Politics. "I am Master Kalari, Emissary of the Council of Six," replied the assasin, stepping up behind Lotelian, slim frame drapped in gray robes and moving with fluid strength, crossing arms in front of his chest, "Why do you wish to speak with me?"
This user is a guest
Last edit by genshuku: Nov 20, 2006 18:35:48 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 20, 2006 18:35:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 20, 2006 18:35:29 GMT -6

The morning sun of her little island offered much comfort, but for the current event Vora was far from home. Though the priestess Lotelin was a familiar name Vora had never met her. In fact she had very little contact with the outside world because of her ‘curse’. Still that didn’t make Vora a stupid person it made her quite she caught on to things quicker than others. People’s small actions often revealed a lot of a person.

Like Lotelin as far as Vora could see she was most likely some sort of mother, for her voice was filled with love and compassion, something that regular people lack.

When the man next to Lotelin turned an eye to see her, Vora knew he seeing what they picked up the other day. Instead of being rude Vora decided to continue to eat the food that Lotelin had given her.

She took big bites off of the long bread type thing as she watched what unfolded before her.

This user is a former member
genshuku
Nov 20, 2006 19:10:47 GMT -6

Post by genshuku on Nov 20, 2006 19:10:47 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh Master Kalari? It is an honor to meet you sir, I just wanted to know if you would be able to allow me to leave the island so that I may be able to see the world and broaden my horizons."Hayate asked sternly adn politely. He ahd taken off his hat and his shoes in order to be polite. I wonder what he is going to ask? he thought as he stood at the door.
This user is a guest
Last edit by genshuku: Nov 20, 2006 19:47:22 GMT -6
taedxoa
Nov 20, 2006 22:26:34 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 20, 2006 22:26:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Pyrazure*

Lotelin stepped around Master Kalari so that he and the newcomer could continue speaking. "Now then Vora. How are you doing with those berry pastries?" She took her own seat and took the teapot she had set down earlier to pour herself a cup.

*Fuegan

"I don't believe it is Coer's intention to separate your daughters," Taed assured Juraia, aware even as he did that she probably wouldn't take the word of a twenty-year-old spirit possessing a monk as a word of comfort. Something she had said made Taed stop and think for a minute. "What can you tell me about the Trials that Anei and Hokori had to go through?"

Coer was about to reply to Anei when he suddenly remembered something horrible. "That Akailen guy... you don't think he could track us to your village, could he? I mean, we kinda left him in the dust."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 21, 2006 16:35:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 21, 2006 16:35:38 GMT -6

*Pyrazure*

“Oh I am fine,” Vora stated as she took another bite from the pastry and quickly made it go down with a gulp from her drink. “Oh and thank you for the food,” she added as she took yet another bite and quickly made it go down with her drink. The taste of the berries filled her mouth with a mouthwatering taste. The smell was also something that made one die for the food and this was something that Vora wasn’t used to. After all she had always been used to her confined room and was rarely given such a delicacy from her father.

After two more bites Vora quickly asked, “So, um what do I have to do to leave our island?”

This user is a former member
blink
Nov 23, 2006 3:35:28 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 23, 2006 3:35:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Okaaaaaay... Here we go. Mucho things going on. Sorry for the delay and Happy Turkey Day,)

*Pyrazure*

The Galgori Master considered the fighter in front of him, adding Vora's comment to the mix. Isolation breeds wanderlust. These two weren't even Benders, and within 48 hours of his arrival they wanted to leave the island. Clearly things were going to be busy... Kalari stepped back towards the center of the room, catching the three natives within his gaze, "If I may have all your attention, I would be glad to answer your questions regarding departure as convoluted as it may seem ot you..."

*Fuegan*

Anei took a deep breath and turned around, favoring her burned foot after her brief violent clash with Hokori, "Not likely. He's bound to have missed us as we left, and even if he did follow us, the Guardians would give the village plenty of warning. Nothing can go wrong." She smiled thinly.

Juraia's face went still, the veteran Hunter considering how to respond to this inquiry. Perhaps the truth would be best. "Once a year all the villages send 12 year old students of our arts to Trials. There, they are tested in speed, skill, strength, and determination. The best of those who do pass undergoe the Blooding. They are put in Hunts, sent against a lone Bender we've captured, and the winning team is declared champion. Those who display enough skill become Hunters, train more, and are evnetually unleashed on our Eniemies. Long story short, my daughters nearly failed, mostly because of their closeness."
This user is a guest
genshuku
Nov 23, 2006 6:45:18 GMT -6

Post by genshuku on Nov 23, 2006 6:45:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Thank you Master Kalari" replied Hayate to the Master's response. He then bowed to show his respect for the master warrior who could possbily kill him using just his right hand. "Thank you again Sir" Hayate said bowing once again.

((Happy Thanksgiving Halaku))
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Dec 4, 2006 12:29:12 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Dec 4, 2006 12:29:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Remember to list locations at the top, everyone...)

*Pyrazure*

Lotelin glanced up and raised an eyebrow at her counterpart. Counterpart... funny, she laughed mentally. The disputed head of all Mothguaith priests, and the Galgori emissary. Out loud, she said, "I have questions now, do I? Very well. I suppose breakfast niceties can wait. Doctor, please come in and have a seat. Master Kalari, you may as well join us too. And I believe your charge is uncertain whether to remain or return to the outpost," she laughed, indicating the trembling young Monk of Ko still standing head-bowed behind them all.

*Fuegan*

"Well, now I want to know what on earth Taed is doing here," Coer finally replied, after a moment of silence. "You actually know him better than me... care to come with?" He offered an arm to Anei, out of courteous habit.

Taed chuckled at the sight, taking in Juraia's information at the same time. "Their closeness was a distraction then? And before you take offense, I do not mean that perhaps it is good that Coer is driving a wedge between them. I'm just curious."

He stood thoughtfully for a moment. "Since I left the island last, after learning that the Galgori tribes really existed, I have met Anei and Hokori who are young and enjoy the thrill of the Hunt; Kraj and Nenji, old friends who are the wisest hunters I have met; and Divanti, who forsook his honorable heritage and became a wild rebel. And then yourself, an honored huntress and proud mother, and I don't know so clearly what you think of our newly crossed paths. Our people's paths, that is." The monk's face turned to Juraia with a questioning look.
This user is a guest
blink
Dec 4, 2006 19:16:05 GMT -6

Post by blink on Dec 4, 2006 19:16:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Let's do this!!!)

*Fuegan*

Hokori put the book down, slumping her head foreward on her knees in the abandoned training yard. So. No magical solution from the Lady Ashita. Perfect. She'd just have to apoligize to Anei, possibly to Coer much as the thought made her sick. Why did things have to be so complicated? In order to keep her sister, she'd have to let her go? That couldn't be right. "Ko damn me," whispered the younger twin.

Anei'd eyebrow twitched a little at the gesture. Hunters didn't need help walking after a battle. A barb danced on the tip of her tongue, stiffled at the last minute by her affection and the thought of the kind of chaos that could provoke... A Hunter and a Bender arm in arm. A quick smile, and a limping walk latter, she took his arm, free hand resting his bicep, waiting for him to lead the way out.

Juraia nodded mild agreement to the possesed Monk's first question, waiting to answer the rest of it. "If you think you're uncertain," monotoned the veteran, "Imagine how we feel. By the way you move, stand, breath even, I know you're a Firebender, know over two dozen ways to kill you where you stand. And we're supposed to be allies. It will not be easy for any of us. This... Divanti, what happened to him if you know?"

*Pyrazure*

Kalari shook his head in bemusement, taking a seat and waving the Monk to depart. The Monk complied with almost undignified haste, the Master begining, "Simply a courtesy should others ask the same question of you, Priestess Lotelian. Our ship left in the night, another not due for three days should the winds remain stable. I will use that time to gather information regarding the local politcs. Depending on that, the Monks shall administer a simple application process by which those who wish to leave might gain a berth on the next ourbound vessel."

He smiled, "I think in shades of grey, in varied customs, and other vagueries. Wouldn't due to distablize our allie's internal affairs so soon. Hence, the caution."
This user is a guest
firedude456
Dec 4, 2006 19:47:25 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Dec 4, 2006 19:47:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Yay its my anniversery. Alright! Oh yea, what exactly are we doing here? I haven't posted here for about a month.)

Fuegon

As he waited for Kenji's response, someone approached him. "Excuse me for interuptting, but are you Tai Wu?" Tai looked over, annoyed at the man for intruding. "Excuse me Kenji, yes my name is Tai Wu. What do you want?" They walked away to a more private location. "SIr, I have been instructed to give you this letter. It is from your mother. It seems that your father had just died, about a week ago. He got into a fight with two firebenders and one earthbender. He fought with great skill, but was outmatched. The funeral was two days ago and your family is sad that you couldn't make it." Tai looked down at the ground. Two very important people in his life had just died. "Why didn't anyone inform me about the funeral?' "No one could find you. I'm very sorry." The man walked away and Tai had walked back to where Kenji was. "I'm sorry for the interruption." He stood there, with no emotion in his eyes, just emptiness.
This user is a guest
genshuku
Dec 4, 2006 19:54:58 GMT -6

Post by genshuku on Dec 4, 2006 19:54:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"I understand Lord Kalari" Hayate said solemnly as he sat down on the floor on top of one of the mats. He had been travelling for a while so he was happy to have a nice place to sit.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Dec 5, 2006 8:13:16 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Dec 5, 2006 8:13:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Watch post length Gen, AND be sure to post the name of the town... didn't you get my mass PM? ;)

*Pyrazure*

"Sounds fair," Lotelin nodded, emptying her teacup. "In that case we will need a place to house the kind doctor... whose name we haven't been told yet," she added, turning to the visitor in question. "The Inner Sanctum of each temple on the island has a lower level, in our case within the second mountaintop, with housing for travellers. I can lead you there shortly. Vora, on the other hand, should probably remain here for now."

The priestess leaned close to Master Kalari's ear. "I diagnosed her this morning. She has a very mild onset of lithdol, the 'ashhead' fever. It can be easily cured before your boat arrives."

*Fuegan*

A slight shudder of pleasure passed through the bender's body at Anei's gentle touch, but Coer managed to stifle it amidst his happiness at just being with her. Together they walked toward Taed and Juraia. The former had just let out a laugh. "Madame, I'm probably the least Mothguaith of the Mothguaith, for being out in the real world for the last three or four years. I move like a firebender because I hid among firebenders." He glanced up. "Take Coer here, for example."

Coer jumped and started to get rather nervous under the scrutiny of Juraia and a Monk of Ko, even though he knew it was actually his counterpart from the Forest Xolab's Temple.

"Wouldn't you say he actually moves far more like a waterbender? It's an interesting trait about our people that I never noticed until shortly after my exile began," Taed continued. "The way you just saw him walk, and hopefully, the way you will see him fight alongside you all."
This user is a guest
blink
Dec 5, 2006 10:03:24 GMT -6

Post by blink on Dec 5, 2006 10:03:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Pyrazure*

Kalari tilted his head in acknowledgement to Lotelian's statement before shifting his gaze to the two nonBending Mothguith, "If I maybe so direct, why DO each of you wish to go into the troubled outside world? I am... curious as to your motives." He hid his hands in his sleeves, grey eyes measuring them.

*Fuegan*

Juraia's eyes bored into Coer's while she replied to Taed's statement, flat green mirrors that could be hiding any emotion, the jury still very much out on him and the effect he was was having on her children. "Perhaps," she intoned, "But a Bender is still a Bender, and Council of Six decree or no, the Long War is still going on. You represent a great ammount of complication." So. They had come back alone, Hokori nowhere in sight.

Anei flinched a little in the perifery of her mother's stare, the emotionless gaze worse than the politely muted whispers of the villagers who passed by the quartet. A flame of defiance sparked behind her eyes, the limping twin returning, "They ARE Kaer Sae's People, Mother. They complete us according to the myth. Coer has been very helpful, too." She squeezed his arm, as she did so, prompting a eye-narrowed glance from Juraia.
This user is a guest