The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Towns and Villages

shadoweyekakashi
Nov 1, 2006 20:17:05 GMT -6

Post by shadoweyekakashi on Nov 1, 2006 20:17:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
A look of annoyance went on the master hunter's face he hated talking to two people at once. He listen to both of his fellow galgori. His annoyance went away a thin smile appeared his head first turning toward Tai. Yes it would be nice for someone to fill his place, but I would like to see what you can do after my duel with Juraia alright, he said to him turning to Juraia, And Yes I'll be free later but for now I just to want go through Katsu's funeral then I'll be free.
This user is a guest
firedude456
Nov 1, 2006 22:35:46 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Nov 1, 2006 22:35:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tai bowed to Hao. "I will prove myself,but for now I will leave you two to talk." He stepped back from the two veteran hunters and walked away. He went to look for the others that were on the back of the flying beast. He couldn't findthe others, so he went back to the landing of the zephyer. He looked over at Kenji and decided to talk to him. "Did you know Katsu?"
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 4, 2006 10:24:57 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 4, 2006 10:24:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coer nervously cleared his throat. "Um... 'Taed' ... I hate to interrupt this, but I need to talk to Hokori alone. It's kind of important."

Taed in the body of the monk eyed both Coer and Hokori closely. Something was up... and whatever it was, it had to do with Anei as well. "Very well, hopefully I will be able to speak with the two of you later. I will be in the antechamber until Anei gets out; it's rather important that I talk to her, coincidentally." Part of his mission here was clear but it was imperative that he speak with Anei as soon as she got done with her treatment. He walked away, leaving Coer and Hokori to sort things out.

Coer looked cautiously at Hokori, hoping beyond hope that she would let him speak, or even that she would start yelling at him. Anything.
This user is a guest
shijin
Nov 5, 2006 0:28:46 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Nov 5, 2006 0:28:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Kenji listen to what was going on. As the guy asked Master Hao if he could join. At first he didn't get why Hao was so cold to him at first, but after giving it some thought it made sence. He stood quite saying nothing. His eye then looked up at Tai as he spoke to him. "Yeah I knew him," Kenji replied, "But I only meet him recently, so I wasn't all that close to him as you are."
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 5, 2006 12:14:23 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 5, 2006 12:14:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Yes, important as in Juraia poisoning your tea should you fail get Hokori to approve of Coer... Oh, and here's your cue, Taed.)

Hokori's glare superficially faded, muted a little by his manner. Well, if he wanted to talk, she'd give him something to talk about. Being a member of her Hunt meant he was as much a conversational target as he wanted to be. "What do you want to talk about, Coer?" she whispered venomously, nose to nose with the Bender, "About how you think you can just come in and take my sister? About how you're risking getting us all in very serious trouble? Is that it?"

Juraia bowed once to the Master, "After the funeral then. I look forward to it." She turned and returned to the village, a reaction shared by much of the crowd.

Anei hobbled out of a side room at this time, favoring her burned foot. The monks had wrapped in in salve soaked bandages, promising that it should heal without scarring in a day or two. Still hurt though. Seeing Coer aparently cornered by her twin, she began to make her way over, making to pass a strangely... off monk on her way.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 5, 2006 18:41:31 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 5, 2006 18:41:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Coer risked everything on a single word. "Yes." He breathed deeply and made himself look her in the eye... vaguely... since she was a little younger and shorter. "I want you to tell me everything that's wrong with Anei and me being together, including your laws and customs, and what you yourself think. Sincerely."

"I wouldn't approach them if I was you, Anei," the monk said as Hokori's twin began to pass by him. "You have to let them work out their issues, which, I strongly suspect, concern you." He smiled as calmly as possible and added, "You obviously won't recognize me in this body, but I'm Taed Xoa Luinnar, from Mothhaudh. How are your wounds feeling?"
This user is a guest
firedude456
Nov 5, 2006 22:46:31 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Nov 5, 2006 22:46:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tai listened to Kenji as he spoke. "Well at least you knew him. So how exactlyh did he die? I just want to make sure what happened. By the way, what happened to his body." Tai figured that if they didn't take his body, he was burned to death. Tai felt a sort of rage bubble up inside him, but it was abolished by a sense of happiness. Katsu is in a better place now and he did not die a shameful warrior.
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 6, 2006 0:15:08 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 6, 2006 0:15:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Anei raised an eyebrow at the monk's statement, but decided to go with it because it would explain both his odd movement signature and the Monks would have no reason to deceive her in such a way... "Okay," she drawled, gingerly putting her foot down, "My wounds are nothing I can't handle. Why are 'you' here, Taed Xoa?" The question was very quiet, most of her attention on her sister and her new... Well, she didn't know what to call Coer yet.

Hokori's expression turned to stone, lips pressed into a thin line. He wanted to know did he? Okay then. "You honestly sure about that?" whispered the younger thin harshly, "We are Galgori. For five hundred years, we have fought and fled and studied your kind. You returned the favor, ARE returning the favor even today with Katsu. Benders represent everything wrong in the world, robbing people of choice, of freedom, of life."

She waved aside any comments that Coer might make, continuing, "I know, I know. You're Kaer Sae's People, our chosen allies. I don't deny that. But, but... Does that mean you can just come in expecting full priveleges in a heartbeat? Overturn the Long War and all it means? You heard the agent. Galgori can give birth to Benders if Outsiders are involved. Our grandfather was an adoptee into the tribe! So... If you and she... It could be a Bender, too. Everything's too fluid right now, can't you see this is insane!?! You could destroy her, take her away from me. Or force us to defy the Six themselves and invite our own exile or worse. We're sisters, twins, Hunters, how could you even THINK about doing that her, me, us!? Tell me!" Hokori's cheeks flushed red, one finger stabbing him in the chest, as her speech peaked on a spike of noise which echoed off the ceiling.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 6, 2006 2:18:18 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 6, 2006 2:18:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The monk shrugged nonchalantly. "Still no clue. Not entirely anyway," Taed answered. "And you're lucky — when I first saw Hokori and Coer I kind of went crazy for not having seen you all in so long. All I know is that there are spirits involved. At the very least, my patron spirit is, and I'm willing to bet Coer's and possibly even yours as well." He suddenly took on a very serious look. "Now... do you want to tell me exactly what's going on with you and Coer?"

Coer stood very still and very quiet, letting Hokori rant and stab at him. When she finished he was still silent for a moment, thinking deeply and taking it all in. Then he quietly asked, "What can you tell me about Katsu? He once said, back when we were deciding who would pretend to be Fire Nation guards, that his brother was a firebender." He cocked an eyebrow at Hokori as he said this, indicating that he was not actually changing the subject like it seemed he was.
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 6, 2006 10:02:56 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 6, 2006 10:02:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Burying her overt temper enough to moderate her voice, Hokori replied, "He was an adoptee, someone found by a Hunter and brought into the tribe at a young age. I don't know the details, but he had a fued going on with his Firebending sibling. That's the kind of trouble which can happen. The kind that gets Hunters killed or hurt." Her eye narrowed, boiling brown mud.

Anei sighed, wanting to go in and put a stop to the trouble but knew herself and Hokori enough that any opistion while she was in that mood invited deadly retribution... "Coer and I have... We have," the older twin looked away, muttering quickly with a faint flush, "He's very impressive and I think I like him, like like him,, and he said he loved me back which is the same I think... but yeah."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 6, 2006 13:23:33 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 6, 2006 13:23:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Okay. Fine," Coer said coolly, starting to get frustrated with Hokori himself but determined not to show it until he absolutely had to. "What about Izuma and Keir Sae? And you can't give me the crap about Keir being a spirit, because that's not why Lady Izuma loved him. I read an entire book on the matter."

Taed caused the monk to smile. "That's nothing to be ashamed of, Anei. I mean, I don't pretend to understand the nuances of Galgori culture. And don't think of me as being old and wise; I'm only a few months older than Coer. Speak to me like an equal." He sat down on the ground, probably risking a few dirty stares from the real monks but at the moment he was a little preoccupied. "Hokori said Coer managed to convince your Elders to continue the alliance. I managed to ally with another pair of Galgori myself. Tell me how the Trial went."
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 6, 2006 21:38:28 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 6, 2006 21:38:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The older twin sat down as well, trying to ignore the confused impression of reverance and oddness that the possesed Monk of Ko inspired, simply venting, "I don't know. The Six don't talk to lowly Hunters like my sister and I about their plans. They might have sent an envoy to Morgaroth already far as I know..." She shrugged, glancing to Coer and Hokori. Ko, was this her punishment for her own mischief, her own failures?

Hokori stepped closer to Coer, eyes inches from his, supressed violence in every motion, "You'd be so much more tolerable if you gave me a good excuse to hit you. You'll take my sister away from me in the end, and I'll be alone, and there's nothing I can do about it because I love her, can't drive you away without betraying who I am. I could hate you for that, Burning Saint's Heir or not."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Nov 6, 2006 22:26:38 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 6, 2006 22:26:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
*Fuegan*

"Mothguaith," Taed said absent-mindedly, gazing around at the Galgori camp and thinking deeply.

"Hit me," Coer said simply. "I don't care. If that's what it takes for you to accept me. I don't want to take Anei away from you, ever. I never planned on that. We're all in a Hunt right now anyway, right? And we're kind of young." He stood, raised his chin a bit, and clenched his fists at his side. "Hit me," he repeated, standing motion-less.

Taed glanced over at Coer and Hokori. "What exactly are they doing?"
This user is a guest
blink
Nov 6, 2006 23:03:29 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 6, 2006 23:03:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(About time someone remembered that little tag...)

"I don't know," whispered Anei, "If I didn't know better, I'd say she was about to knee Coer in the..."

The invitation was too much temptation for the younger twin, her knee blurring in a picture perfect arch straight for the Bender's family jewels with enough force to send Coer tumbling to the ground. Try to take her sister and smooth talk his way out of it? Ha. She'd pay for this latter, but it felt so right.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2006 23:06:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2006 23:06:00 GMT -6

*Aridesir*

Vora remained seated on the ground within her confined. She knew she was loved but she also desired a better life a life in which her father, no her family could be proud of her. Then she would no longer be kept like a slave or a bastard child. Still she made the best of life and she had been preparing to leave the island in hopes of learning to firebend.

“I have everything,” Vora said to herself as she finished stuffing her firebending scrolls in her pack, the food on the table was able to last for months and were thus shoved in as well.

Goodbye damn place, Vora thought as she put her pack on and crawled under the whole she had been using for many years to escape her room. When she reached the outside she was quickly greeted by a cold wind and the smell of her small island. It would be her last day their she would leave.

But Vora was a smart girl and she knew that she had to go and things taken care of before she left the island and she knew where to go see a woman by the name of Lotelin.

((okay Taed I do not know if I should go to the temple or wherever is Lotelin, so please post a post for her so I know where to go))

This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 6, 2006 23:10:56 GMT -6
taedxoa
Nov 6, 2006 23:17:00 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 6, 2006 23:17:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Laughing crazy. Oh, and in the second portion of this, there's a minor timeshift to introduce Shio's new Mothguaith character! (which has actually been introduced previous to this)

*Fuegan*
Yeah. There was no chance for Coer.

He fell to the ground, in great pain and trying to soothe his poor fresh injury, but at the same time the vengeance with which Hokori had taken his offer up was refreshing and amusing to him. He started to laugh at the same time that his body was crying. "That's not where I intended you to aim," he managed to squeak out amidst his pain and involuntarily-stifled laughter.

Taed grimaced and almost reflexively covered his own vulnerable area in empathy. "Ow. Glad to see they're working through their issues like grown men and women."

*Pyrazure, island of Mothhaudh*
It was night. After Cale and Lotelin had served Tianli and Master Kalari the meal, and encouraged the rest of Pyrazure's inhabitants to dine on their own feast in celebration, Tianli had excused himself for another year after saying a heartfelt farewell to his old friend Lotelin. Cale went home, Kalari returned to the newly constructed building for the Galgori emissary... and Lotelin was at home preparing for sleep.

But something was not right. She felt that she needed to remain awake. "Good heavens, is there no peace to be found around here anymore?" she jokingly complained to the totem of the xolab Taed Xoa. The statuette chose not to reply.

OOC: Shio I just checked the map of the island... from Aridesir to Pyrazure, you're looking at a 27-mile-hike, with a stop in the middle at Annonduin (temple of the water xolab) and a skinny mountain to cross. :o
This user is a guest
Last edit by taedxoa: Nov 6, 2006 23:27:13 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2006 23:31:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2006 23:31:47 GMT -6

*Aridesir to Pyrazure*

((yay))
Okay I have to go to that place called Pyrasure, or was it Pyrazure, Vora thought as she pulled out a small scroll and quickly scanned for the location that she was supposed to head to. Even though it was dark Vora could navigate after all she always left home at night.
With that the young woman set out running to the location. With each step her small feet were continually battered by the scarce puddles of cold water and if it wasn’t water the air was merely cold on her skin. It would take her quite some time before she made it there, but it didn’t matter so long as she made it there.
Voar Tiu please don’t let her sleep, Vora thought as she continued running to the location. The night sky seemed to be guiding her, the stars were aligned in such a way that she seemed to believe that the spirits were guiding her.

((lets watch Lotelin try to sleep))
taedxoa
Nov 6, 2006 23:37:26 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Nov 6, 2006 23:37:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: Cutting this short. :P You're gonna collapse if you run all that way in a single night. We'll try to meet you in Annonduin.

*Pyrazure*

Pacing around nervously for a while, Lotelin finally thought of Tianli again. "Tianli is the brother of the priest at Aridesir..." she mused. "Perhaps his presence here was a forerunner to this. Do I need to go there?" Intrigued by the notion, she called out, "Goen, I need to travel t-—" After a moment she slapped her forehead. Goen wasn't here anymore, he was out adventuring with his brother.

Grabbing a thick hooded cloak as she ran out the door, she went to the very next person she thought of... Master Kalari. Reaching the Galgori complex and trusting that some of the Monks of Ko will still be up at this hour, praying or something, she knocked on the door. "I need to speak with Master Kalari. It's urgent," she whispered fiercely at the door.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2006 23:44:23 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2006 23:44:23 GMT -6

*Aridesir to Pyrazure*

((Yeah I kinda saw that on the map I will make her pass out a bit outside of Annonduin))

Each huff and puff out of Vora’s mouth strained the poor girl’s body. She just couldn’t keep up with all that running although she had often ran to the woods in one night she could never make it to Pyrazure in one day.
Voar please…don’t make m…pass out, Vora tried her best to get help, even though she doubted that any spirit listened to her. Each step was also a strain on her poor miserable feet, each step added pain to each foot little by little she was beginning to looses her consciousness. Her vision was somewhat blurring and her breathing was straining.
Eventually she began to take horrible jumping type steps as she tried her best to continue running.

blink
Nov 6, 2006 23:50:45 GMT -6

Post by blink on Nov 6, 2006 23:50:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(We Galgori are a violent people when roused, eh? How do like it now, Taed? Huh, huh?)

*Fuegan*

Anei's mouth gaped open in shock, surprised that her sister had just did that inside the temple of Ko. Her, well, 'twin sense' had told her the signs, but that she would actually do it... It lit a fire in her eyes. She rushed over to the disabled Bender, crouching protectively behind him, ignoring the pain of her burned foot. "Why did you do that?' she demanded, glaring daggers at her sister.

Hokori merely blinked, settling her foot to the ground again, mortified with herself at the attack she had just executed on her target. The look of... angry betreyal boring at her, sent her back a pace. "I... He asked me to attack him, didn't say how. No other rules were given." The oldest Galgori trick, lie with the truth. Instinct.

"And why did he ask you to attack him, SISTER? I want to know." She rose, her own fists clenched at her sides, cheeks flushing red.

"I was angry about HIM risking YOU on a stupid crush! I vented, he challenged, and I took the challenge! First law, SISTER! IF you remember what that means!" Her own stance was as angry, glared aimed at her twin.

"Really, Hokori! So now, I'M at fault?!"

"Yes! How could you be SO stupid!?!"

The shouting match drew every free monk into the chamber, the veiled figures hanging back but prepared to intervene shoudl it come to violence. Both siblings stood nose to nose over Coer, breathing heavy, faces flushed, inches from a physical brawl.
This user is a guest