The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Towns and Villages

blink
Oct 22, 2006 17:10:50 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 22, 2006 17:10:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(You're Ms. Sensitive, aren't you, Shijin? And roll camera on 'Meet the Parent', A Galgori/Mothguaith Production...)

Juraia frowned thinly, removing her hat and letting the light touch her features, hands holding the item in front of her. "I see, Coer Sae, Scion of the Burning Saint," she intoned, gaze flicking to her daughters and back, forming conclusions in a heartbeat, "You must have clearly impressed the Six to survive their attentions in such a... cheerful state. I myself have not been as succesful after meetign with them."

She gestured at the twins, tone forbiding all argument, "Hokori. Please get your sister to the monks. Too much longer and those burns will scar. I want to speak with this young man. Privately."

Anei's mouth clamped shut, recognizing the subtle look in Juraia's eyes that indicated gathering anger... A spark of defience gathered in her soul, slowly pulsing towards the surface even as Hokori bustled her away with a touch more than sisterly concern.

A Monk of Ko, slow to investigate the scene until it was clearly a peaceful welcome, hovered at the edge of the crowd, veiled eyes spotting a man-shaped shadow standing to one side. He frowned at this Sight, walking towards Taed's astral form, mouth forming silent prayers even as spiritual tendrils fanned up and around him in preparation for an exorcism, a basic duty of his order should the spirit prove hostile.
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Oct 22, 2006 17:16:23 GMT -6
taedxoa
Oct 22, 2006 18:52:01 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 22, 2006 18:52:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(....oh crap.)

Coer felt a little nervous, but he wasn't going to shrink away and give a cowardly image to Anei's mother. He stood, waiting to see what she would have to say. The only clue he gave to Anei was a quick mouthed statement to her as she was hustled by.

Taed noted the monk with more than a little enthusiasm. A monk! Like us priests they should be able to see me... I hope... He waved his arms wildly for a moment, then stopped. That could be hostile-looking. Panicked, he thought of something that he could do to get in contact with the monk.
This user is a guest
firedude456
Oct 22, 2006 21:30:05 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Oct 22, 2006 21:30:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tai nodded at Hokori and walked up to Kenji as he got off the beast. "So which one of you is Hao? I wish to join you. " He was normally a kind, caring man, but the angry began to replace the sadness. He wished to take revenge for his fallen commrade.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 22, 2006 22:04:20 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 22, 2006 22:04:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. Yes, let's get a subplot boiling shall we?)

"Odd. I always thought Kaer Sae's People would be taller somehow," remarked the veteran Hunter, pale eyes locked with Coer's. She continued just loud enough for him to hear, "A parent knows things about her children, particularly when harmonius twins return with one sister all but ready to disown the other and the other defending an outsider before I accuse him of any crime. You seem to be at the heart of this trouble. Could you tell me why or must I guess?" One eyebrow rose, Juraia crossing her arms over her chest.

The monk frowned at Taed's gestures, puzzlement and concern making his spirit tendrils splay out and enshroud the Bender. All this was invisible to the others, instinctive respect making the villagers move away from the others. He whispered to the air, voice carrying into the aether, "Whatever you are, speak your intentions or depart this place. We are blessed of Ko and His vengance shall fall on any who violate His children."
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 23, 2006 5:46:58 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 23, 2006 5:46:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: *shakes head and grins*

"I'm only nineteen," Coer defended his height. Then he grew serious. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a nearby monk, but the man only distracted Coer for a moment. "I think I know what is wrong, ma'am," he intoned quietly. "Anei and I have grown close over the course of our journey from Mothhaudh, my island. I don't think Hokori is too happy about it, though I can only hazard a guess that has something to do with the bond between twins, or sisters, or something."

Taed took mock offense, which temporarily replaced his fear. I don't plan to violate any of his children! his spirit spoke. Besides, I already know Anei and Hokori, and the stranger that came with them is a kinsman of mine. I am Taed Xoa Luinnar, priest of Taed Xoa brother of Keir Sae, whom your people know as the Burning Saint. I don't know how or why I come to be here, but those two spirits seem to have brought me here for a reason.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 23, 2006 18:01:23 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 23, 2006 18:01:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The monk lost a touch of composure at this speech, settling back defensively. 'Taed' had neither given the ceremonial response of an Ancestor nor withdrawn, leaving the possibility of an attack, but his words if true were thunderously significant and should be brought to the attentions of the head monk. "Follow me if you are friendly," whispered the monk, "I must varify your words."

"Perceptive child, a skilled Bender if I'm correct," intoned the veteran mock harshly, eye narrowing, stepping up to look up into his blue eyes, "You seem to make Anei happy, but if you want me to approve of you, make peace with Hokori first. I have no right to tell my daughters who to asociate with anymore under Galgori Law, but I want them both to be happy. Understand?
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 24, 2006 20:44:38 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 24, 2006 20:44:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Taed said, "Okay," and followed the Monk, relieved that no immediate action had been taken.

Coer, on the other hand, was finally getting into that intimidated stage. "I understand, ma'am... I wouldn't call myself a skilled Bender but... right. Getting off the subject. How do you propose I make peace with Hokori? Because..." Fully aware that he was probably going to get, if not killed, maimed on the spot, he chose to be honest with Juraia anyway. "Anei and I... kinda... like each other." Instinctively he winced and raised an arm partway.
This user is a guest
shadoweyekakashi
Oct 25, 2006 21:02:31 GMT -6

Post by shadoweyekakashi on Oct 25, 2006 21:02:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hao watched as the others of his hunt jumped off. Both the twins and Coer going toward a veteran galgori. Kenji by the look of it had no one he cared for in the crowed that same by to see what the best was. He petted the Zephyr once as a thanks for getting them away from the capital. Jumping down he heard a voice of someone for him. He walked up behind Kenji looking at the man. I am Hao, he replied gray eyes staring at him. So tell me why to you wish to join?, he asked not knowing who this man was.
This user is a guest
firedude456
Oct 25, 2006 21:19:30 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Oct 25, 2006 21:19:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tai bowed at the man. "Hello Hao, my name is Tai Wu. I wish to join because one of my best students, Katsu, had recently been killed. I only just now heard of this unfortunate incident." His eyes filled with anger as he spke but quickly calmed down. "I want revenge for my friend. So may I join you Master Hao?" He thought back to when he last saw Katsu three months ago. Katsu had departed his home village to go travel. Tai stood strong though, holding in all of the raging anger. Surprisingly none of this anger showed on the outside, he looked as calm as the sea.
This user is a guest
shadoweyekakashi
Oct 25, 2006 22:02:06 GMT -6

Post by shadoweyekakashi on Oct 25, 2006 22:02:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yes I was there when it happen and I'm sorry for your lost, Hao said to Tai Wu. His eyes then glared at the man as he mentioned revenge. Was that his only reason? Foolish. I'm sorry but if thats your only reason then I can not allow it, Hao stated coldly, Those who set out for revenge tend to lose themselves to emotion in dangering those around them, anger grew in his eyes as his voice became colder, And I will NOT allow such a thing. Hao's eyes were still cold as he stared into his fellow galgori's eyes as he waited for a response from Tai.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 26, 2006 9:01:41 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 26, 2006 9:01:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. That's Cold...)

*Fuegan*

Juraia sighed and stepped back a little, monotoning, "I suspected as much. I dislike the idea of Anei 'liking' a Bender, very much so, even if they happen to be one of Kaer Sae's People. The potential for trouble in these unsettled times is far too high. As for how to make peace with her twin, start with talking and work your way down from there, Coer Sae. Consider it a basic test if you intend to stay the coruse you've began." With this, the veteran Hunter put on her hat and turned to walk past Coer twowards Master Hao.

Meanwhile, in the village Temple of Ko, Anei bit her lip to supress the cries which attempted to bubble out of her throat at the Monks rather caustic yet effective burn remedy. The chamber was dark, a few beams of sunlight leaking bravely through the rush woven roof onto the pair of monks and the young assasin they tended. She told herself this would keep the wound from scarring, prevent her sister from having to go through the pain of being burned. Anei loved her sister, even if she was out of sorts at the moment... Oh, it hurt.

'Taed' was led into the building by the young Monk of Ko, a cluster of three more breaking away from their prayers to the massive wooden icon of Ko in order to investigate the strange spirit. No words were exchanged, one Monk stepping forward to whisper, "Taed Xoa, take my flesh for as long as you need it to do your work here and return. Ko has told me of your coming and I live to serve." The Monk's soul opened like a flower, fronds of spirit waving the Bender in.

Hokori leaned back against a corner wall of the temple, staring at an adjacent image of their patron, trying to not think about how wrong everything seemed to be going. How could she do this to them? How? The younger twin was so absorbed in her funk she failed to notice the cluster of Monks.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 26, 2006 21:21:39 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 26, 2006 21:21:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I couldn't... I don't think I'm supposed to... oh what the heck. I've already possessed like two people. Thank you, Taed said to the monks, and stepped into the body.

With a slight gasp, for really no reason whatsoever, Taed made the other monks aware of his successful entrance into the body. "Okay, I made it," he said. "Thank you. And unfortunately, I have no idea what I'm doing here. My patron, Taed Xoa Luinnar of Mothhaudh, brother of Keir Sae, made me aware that I was prevented from reaching my own body for some reason, and then led me here. Is there someone I could commune with... or am I allowed to speak with Ko himself, in case he has something to do with this?"

While Coer was relieved at not being killed, Juraia's unexpected choice of response left him feeling uncertain and unsatisfied. He didn't think his feelings for Anei would go away; on the contrary, they were growing stronger the more they were together, and now he was concerned for Anei's healing wounds. But as the mother had suggested, he supposed. "Hokori?" he called, walking around and heading toward where he had seen her following the monks and Anei, hoping to find her and talk.
This user is a guest
shadoweyekakashi
Oct 26, 2006 21:52:30 GMT -6

Post by shadoweyekakashi on Oct 26, 2006 21:52:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hao continued to glare at Kastu's dead master as he still awaited an answer. It wasn't that he meant to be cruel but he knew what revenge led to and he wasn't going to have anyone else in his hunt die. His eyes then shifted toward the incoming galgori the cold glare gone. Is there something you wish to talk about?, he asked since this was the twins' mother and it wouldn't be right if he didn't answer any questions or concerns she had.

(its supost to be cold lol)
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 26, 2006 22:16:57 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 26, 2006 22:16:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"You do not speak to Ko," censured one of the other Monks, "Ko speaks to you. In any event, our patron has His... games, the few indulgences of a mighty being. You would be lucky to escape with your soul intact. No, you will have to find your answers from among the living. Perhaps you can begin with that one while we treat her sister." The Monk waved at the passive Hokori.

Juraia gave the vengeful Hunter a sidelong glare from the shadows of her hat before bowing once to the Master. Few Galgori attained that rank, and all of them more than earned it, thus the respect. "Simply a curiousity as to news from the Capital and how my daughters are progressing in their skills," she replied, smiling thinly, "Unlike some, I would not sully a seemingly successful Hunt with my personal concerns."
This user is a guest
shadoweyekakashi
Oct 26, 2006 22:28:01 GMT -6

Post by shadoweyekakashi on Oct 26, 2006 22:28:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The master bowed his head in return to the veteran hunter a sign of respect. He heard what she wanted to know giving a quick glace at Tai when she spoke her second statement. He then looked back toward Juraia, Our mission to the capital was a success though coming back we lost someone, he said no emotion in his voice, And as for their skills from what I've seen they're improving well you should be proud to have raised the two anything else?
This user is a guest
firedude456
Oct 27, 2006 0:20:38 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on Oct 27, 2006 0:20:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tai cleared his throat. He did want revenge but he knew how to control his emotions. He has lost many precious people in the past and he knew how to deal with it. "I am sorry to interrupt your conversation. Yes I do want revenge, but that is not my full purpose. I can control my anger and I will not blindly walk into battle with my eyes filled with sadness and my heart engulfed with anger. I am very sad of my student's death, but I also want to join so I can fill in Katsu's place. I thought that maybe if I took his place his death would not be in vein. If your Hunt was important to Katsu than it is important to me, I wish to help you and I give you my service." He bowed before the two veteran hunters and smiled. He had spoken the truth, he wished to help his fellow huntsmates and that was it.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
Oct 27, 2006 13:15:27 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 27, 2006 13:15:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Thank you," Taed bowed, and moved immediately over toward Hokori.

"Hokori?" the monk's body began with excitement. "Hokori, it's been so long! How have you been? Is Anei okay? Did Coer finish talking to your Galgori Elders? Do we have peace right now?" Unfortunately in his joy at seeing his old ally again, Taed had forgotten he wasn't in his own body.

Coer however reached Hokori at about the same time, and at the sight of the monk speaking to Hokori started to shy away, until he heard his name mentioned. He stayed at a safe distance and listened in for a little while.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 27, 2006 14:17:35 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 27, 2006 14:17:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Heh. Good times, good times...)

"Nothing that can't wait until after the funerary rites for Katsu," returned the veteran Hunter, ignoring Tai for the moment, "But should you be free latter, I would be glad to share a meal with you, spar perhaps? It would reassure me to know firsthand that my children are in capable hands." Juraia nested her hands in her sleeves, head tilted to one side.

Hokori looked up at the arrival of a Monk, expecting word of her sister or perhaps some advice or admonishment. What she did not expect was a flood of very odd questions, the Monk displaying far from Monkly reserve. The younger twin rose to her feet, deadpaning, "Forgive me, but I do not understand."
This user is a guest
Last edit by blink: Oct 27, 2006 14:27:23 GMT -6
taedxoa
Oct 27, 2006 20:02:00 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on Oct 27, 2006 20:02:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The monk slapped himself in the forehead. "Oh, sorry. It's me, Taed! From Mothhaudh! I've been... well..." He sighed. "It's very complicated. At any rate this monk gave me permission to use his body. My patron spirit brought me here after I was kept out of my body. So I don't know exactly why I'm here, but... it's good to see you again. And your sister, wherever she might be. And... Coer!"

"Taed?" Coer said in wonder, coming up to Hokori and the monk. "Wait... how did you..."

"I've been involved in a long string of possessing people," Taed shook his head and ran his hand over the monk's beard. "Well, you're not dead, so you must have convinced the Galgori Elders!" He smiled and looked from one to the other, for confirmation.
This user is a guest
blink
Oct 28, 2006 12:31:24 GMT -6

Post by blink on Oct 28, 2006 12:31:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hokori quirked an eyebrow up in confusion, her mood blackening at Coer's arrival. Keeping the emotion out of her voice if not her stance, she replied to Taed's exclamation, "Yes. He mananged to convince the Six to aparently renew the alliance. Among other things, he's been quite busy." She crossed her arms over her chest, eyes narrowing to slits at the Bender, focusing on her anger to overcome her discomfort with this whole possession affair. Spirits were one thing, humans were quite another.
This user is a guest