The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Probending Season Begins!

Anonymous
Jun 26, 2012 17:14:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 26, 2012 17:14:42 GMT -6

I think I already know the answer to this one, just making sure I understand this correctly: Spectators are allowed to post in the threads, with no specific template or "requirements", so long as they do not interact/interfere with the game in progress, is that right ?

And also, is there a limit to the number of spectators and are they allowed to interact with each other a little, without making this into some regular RPing thing ? ("Oh hey ! Can you pass me the Fire Flakes ?... And you're cheering the wrong team, dude.")
This user is a former member
duvetdemot
Jun 26, 2012 17:30:06 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jun 26, 2012 17:30:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have a few questions, as well...
What is the time frame for these matches in the site timeline? Do they take place on one day or across several weeks? And are rival teams allowed to spectate their opponents?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 26, 2012 20:14:47 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Joychi: correct. The minimum posting requirement is all that applies (2 paragraphs). Try to limit any "rapid fire" back-and-forward spectator posts, though! But yes, non-players are more than welcome to participate as long as they don't try and interfere. :]

Landon: The time frame is "one day" in the regular RP per match, because there seems to be a couple of matches / day and we need to have the canon teams "play" as well. Rival teams are definitely allowed to attend matches they are not slated to play.
This user is Mod
duvetdemot
Jun 26, 2012 23:18:38 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jun 26, 2012 23:18:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Also, how far removed are these matches from the current timeline? When will the timeline catch up to the match schedule?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 26, 2012 23:41:27 GMT -6

duvetdemot Avatar
Also, how far removed are these matches from the current timeline? When will the timeline catch up to the match schedule?

I think I said it earlier in the thread, but at the end of several of the matches (not all) we have time-shifts scheduled, which will "catch us up" with the main RP. The biggest timeshift is schedule to be at the end of October / beginning of November which will bring us to Episodes 6 and 7.

We will announce time shifts as they come up. :]
This user is Mod
duvetdemot
Jun 27, 2012 12:41:30 GMT -6

Post by duvetdemot on Jun 27, 2012 12:41:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, but when it comes to the actual matches. Some of those characters are still meeting, correct? My question is, how far removed are they from the current timeline? And would my character be able to observe the match and be meeting his teammates at the same time?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 27, 2012 22:37:14 GMT -6

duvetdemot Avatar
Okay, but when it comes to the actual matches. Some of those characters are still meeting, correct? My question is, how far removed are they from the current timeline? And would my character be able to observe the match and be meeting his teammates at the same time?

The matches take place "after" your team meets up. It doesn't matter when. :] Your character would be able to do both, yes, provided that you do state somewhere in your RP that this match was "upcoming" or otherwise hasn't yet happened.
This user is Mod
jin
Jul 2, 2012 6:12:57 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jul 2, 2012 6:12:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm curious, and have been for a couple days. Could a team member defend for someone else at, say, a subtraction to their defense score? or even at the risk of taking their own hit? I noticed in some of the few, maybe even one match, (or I'm making stuff up myself) that team members defend for one another.
This user is a guest
Last edit by jin: Jul 2, 2012 6:59:42 GMT -6
azn
Jul 2, 2012 6:55:10 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jul 2, 2012 6:55:10 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was wondering that myself; It would make for excellent posts.

I also wondered if we could possibly attack multiple people per post. We can defend multiple attacks with 1 roll, so could we launch multiple attacks with 1 roll? We've seen in the show probenders target multiple opponents. There would indeed be more action per round and I higher chance of territory control, but it may get confusing for some... then again, the announcer recaps help A LOT with clarity.

I think it would make more sense to do a different roll per attack or defense IF we were allowed to do multiples.

As an example: I've done one where everyone had 3 'action rolls' regardless of what it was. If you needed to defend, one of those rolls were for that. If you needed to defend 3 attacks, you had to chose to either take up to all 3 hits for the sake of up to 3 attack rolls, OR defend all 3 attacks and not attack yourself OR any combination in between. It makes for a deeper layer of tactics and roleplay, but again, if that's too complicated nvm.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 2, 2012 9:37:49 GMT -6

Hm. Good ideas, both of you. I'm still trying to get the dice roll code fixed, but after that I'll see what I can do to implement your idea!

We do have a few changes planned for the next match, so we'll include that too. :]
This user is Mod