The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Daichi and Himoto Takeshi (Tenoko)

eduante
Jul 20, 2010 18:34:06 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 18:34:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Well clothes aren't that hard to put on," he laughed, "And it's even easier to take them off!" And with that he slipped off his pants, and threw off his shirt no longer quite so afraid of being naked in front of his new friend. He ran and jumped with a canon ball into the lake. After a few seconds he came up and shook his hair. Then he looked back to the earth bender
"Sides, I can help you with the clothes if they're giving you a hard time," he chuckled, more or less as a flirtatious joke then coming on to her. To seem nonchalant, he did a quick backwards dive submerging himself once more.
My haven't we opened up Daichi, thought the thief to himself. Yesterday you could barely look at a girl. Now your stripping and joking in front of one like it's nothing.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 18:43:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 18:43:19 GMT -6

"Well clothes aren't that hard to put on," he laughed, "And it's even easier to take them off!" And with that he slipped off his pants, and threw off his shirt no longer quite so afraid of being naked in front of his new friend. He ran and jumped with a canon ball into the lake. After a few seconds he came up and shook his hair. Then he looked back to the earth bender

Himoto’s eyes popped open as Daichi did this, but it was only out of pure surprise. Once her mind had recovered from the shock a split-second later, she laughed—hard. Her laugh was much like her voice, and it was easily the laugh of a country girl—it made her accent seem stronger than it really was. She had gone a little pink at his previous remark, but his second one made her go more red.

"Sides, I can help you with the clothes if they're giving you a hard time," he chuckled, more or less as a flirtatious joke then coming on to her. To seem nonchalant, he did a quick backwards dive submerging himself once more.

Himoto, deciding to play along, replied affirmatively.
“Alright,” she said, laughing, but then with three swift movements, she had removed every piece of clothing from her body, undergarments included, except for her shoes. These she simply jumped out of a second later, and then she followed him into the lake. She went in with style—using a clever bending move, she launched herself a few feet into the air before she curled into a cannonball and hit the water. When she surfaced, she laughed.

“You were too slow!” she remarked, saying it in a joking manner. Granted, her exact thoughts on what she would do and how she would react if he had stripped her were unknown, but based on her current attitude, she actually may not have minded it. Either way, she had been mostly joking when she said it.

She shook the hair out of her face and looked at him. As she did usually, only her head was sticking out of the water, as even though she was okay with being naked in front of Daichi, she didn’t want to go around flashing him entirely.

“It feels great in here, doesn’t it?” she smirked. Her expression was almost mischievous. Deep down, Himoto was a prankster as well. Some of her early friends were aware of this, as she liked practical jokes—she was not an extremist of any sorts though—none of her pranks ever physically harmed anyone. Embarrassing? Perhaps; but painful? Never.

She was in that sort of mood, as well as feeling excited.

~Himoto~
This user is a former member
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 20:11:30 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 20:11:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
He raised an eyebrow at the earth bender's talented display of both undressing and bending dive. "Alright I'm impressed, and i can heartily say I've been out done," laugh the surprised young man, "And yeah this water feels amazing."
He continued to swim about diving down under here and there. Suddenly he stopped. A mischievous grin formed on his face. He turned smiling at Himoto.
"I probably should have told you this earlier," he said still smirking, "but I'm actually a renowned water bender." He dipped his hand down and splashed the girl with his 'waterbending skills'. "You see? Well more of a splash bender actually, but what's the difference. Us waterbenders don't judge," chuckled the 'splashbender' as he continued to practice his art on Himoto.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 20:25:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 20:25:08 GMT -6

He raised an eyebrow at the earth bender's talented display of both undressing and bending dive. "Alright I'm impressed, and I can heartily say I've been out done," laugh the surprised young man, "And yeah this water feels amazing."

Himoto laughed.
“I didn’t know it was a contest,” she remarked, “I was just havin’ fun.”
And she was. She loved the water, as she could swim pretty well too. Furthermore, she had stopped caring about her nakedness a while ago. She laughed and swam around, periodically submerging her head and popping back up, only to shake the hair out of her face.

[Daichi] continued to swim about diving down under here and there. Suddenly he stopped. A mischievous grin formed on his face. He turned smiling at Himoto.
"I probably should have told you this earlier," he said still smirking, "but I'm actually a renowned water bender." He dipped his hand down and splashed the girl with his 'waterbending skills'. "You see? Well more of a splash bender actually, but what's the difference. Us waterbenders don't judge," chuckled the 'splashbender' as he continued to practice his art on Himoto.

Himoto laughed and responded accordingly, giggling and splashing him in return. He knew he was kidding, but she liked the joke, so she played along.

“Looks like we’ve got ourselves a prankster!” she laughed, “well, I guess I should also let you know that I’m the same way. Haha!”
She splashed him repeatedly as he repeatedly splashed her, and almost lost herself in the moment. She was having fun—not to say that she never had fun before, but it had been a long time since she had been this entertained—and moreover, been entertained with another person.

“so I hope you like practical jokes!” she warned, but she did not imply what she meant by that. She just continued splashing around in the water, laughing and having a good time.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 20:41:57 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 20:41:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh i don't just like them," laughed the thief, "I only expect the best..... then again noting your talent at things I may want to take that back."
He was glad to be joking. He was glad to be having fun. He was even glad about his quite embarrassment at being completely exposed. But most of all he was glad about to be doing these things with a new friend. It'd been a while since he'd had a companion and even then he could hardly call them friends.
He continued to weave about in there little splash battle. He may not have been a bender, but he did know the basics, and especially how to dodge. Not have the fire power of a bender, and never the armor to withstand it, that was probably his best attribute in battle. Upon dodging and splashing, and on one of Himoto's bigger splashes he dove into the water.
While he was down he noticed something shiny half buried on the lake bottom.
"Hey there's something down here," he said popping his head up after a few seconds.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 20:52:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 20:52:41 GMT -6

"Oh i don't just like them," laughed the thief, "I only expect the best..... then again noting your talent at things I may want to take that back."

Himoto chuckled, “I’m an earthbender though, not a waterbender. When I’m in a place like this, my powers are pretty limited.” She splashed some more, as that was what they were doing. She was glad that she was able to put aside her cares. Though few, cares were cares, and to rid oneself of them was pleasant.

Himoto dodged back and forth as best she could in the water. She was a little slower in the water than she was when her feet were both on solid ground, but she managed anyways. Besides, it was just a harmless splash fight—it was not like getting hit with water from such playful moves would cause her any real pain or anything. Himoto aimed a larger splash at him, and he dove under the water to avoid it.

When he came up, his face had changed—it looked a little more surprised.
"Hey there's something down here," he said popping his head up after a few seconds.

“Really?” Himoto exclaimed, instinctively glancing down. Though the lake was clear, it was not clear enough for Himoto to see that far down.

“shall we go check it out?” she asked. She was interested in his discovery and wanted to find out what he saw.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 21:06:13 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 21:06:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC:Sure as this isn't like the smeegle thing... golem... golem

"What do you say partner?" he said grin returning, "Can you hold your breath it's in the deeper part of the lake?"
He smiled guessing she would say yes. She didn't seem to Daichi like the type to say no to much. Well not she wouldn't say no to a task or adventure, he thought shaking the typical man ideas that usually enter a young men's minds when thinking about a pretty naked woman. He wasn't without temptation, but he'd fight it if he could help it. He'd seen enough of the low lives in ba-sing-se and the way they treated him and his sister. He'd be a better guy then that even if it eventually killed him. Flash backs quickly passed through his mind of times he stuck his neck out for others, or tried to clean up a mess he made.
At this rate i just might, he thought half surprised by the truth in it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 8:52:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 8:52:26 GMT -6

OOC—haha… that came to my mind as well. gollum! gollum!
"What do you say partner?" he said grin returning,

“Sounds like a plan to me.” Himoto replied. Generally, she was just about game to try anything. Her life as a hard worker had given her plenty of stamina and endurance, and so she had enough confidence in herself that she would be able to hold her breath.

"Can you hold your breath; it's in the deeper part of the lake?" He smiled…

“Probably,” the earthbender shrugged. She had actually made a few friends because of her easy-going and game-for-everything attitude. Many of them, even, were male. However, there hadn’t been any intimate relationships formed between Himoto and these other friends. They were mostly just partners in some sort of crazy task or adventure that they threw themselves into.

Himoto looked Daichi in the eyes, with the rest of her body below her neck still hidden beneath the water. She was lightly kicking her feet beneath the surface to keep herself staying in the same place.
“I’m ready when you are,” she offered, as she was going to follow his lead—he was the one who knew where this something was.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 21, 2010 9:06:55 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 21, 2010 9:06:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Right," said Daichi, "In we go!" He dove into the water. It was clear and easy to see things in this lake. It seemed both mentally and physically, thought the young man at his new train of thought regarding life. He was changing from his time with the earth-bending girl. He didn't mind though. He'd had little love for himself and any change seemed alright coming out of that.
Looking around the water he examined the lake as a whole. It was huge, he noted realizing Himoto and he hadn't even left the shallow end until now. He noticed of coarse his friend. He didn't grow as red anymore, but seeing her like that still sparked some nervous feelings, even if they weren't shown.
He noticed then the sparkle he'd seen earlier of the small metallic object. He tapped Himoto and pointed to it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 9:28:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 9:28:56 GMT -6

Himoto followed Daichi down, plunging down right after he did. Opening her eyes, she saw that seeing under the water was a lot easier than trying to see down into the water. She also noticed of course, that neither of them were clothed in any way, but she too was a lot less red in this regard. It didn’t bother her very much anyways, but here, they just seemed even closer.

Glancing around the lake instantly told Himoto that was it vast, huge, and in some places, pretty deep. She couldn’t see each and every end of it of course, but her vision under the water was considerably extensive. She enjoyed being beneath the water actually—sometimes she wished she were able to breathe underwater.

But now was not the time for such thoughts. Daichi had tapped Himoto’s shoulder and gotten her attention. He pointed to something at the bottom which was sparkling, and so Himoto nodded, indicating that she had noticed it. She started swimming down to try and retrieve it, but would let him be the one to pick it up—as he had been the one to notice it first.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 21, 2010 9:44:17 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 21, 2010 9:44:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Daichi nodding a few bubbles drifting up. He swam down and grabbed it. Running out of air he didn't take the time to look at it underwater. He shot up to the surface.
Taking a big refreshing gulp of air after getting, the thief then looked to his prize. It was a gold locket. It was in the shape of a circle, and in the center was a small sapphire socketed to the locket. The craftsmanship was brilliant, and despite it being under water it still opened up fine. Inside of the interesting piece of jewelry was perfectly dry, kept safe by the surprisingly strong seal. Inscribed on the inside were the letters T/J, and a small note.
"From Omashu with love..." he read quietly to himself. He stared at it with confusion, not even noticing Himoto when she surfaced.

OOC: It's cool to just start plots right? If not i'll figure out something else.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2010 9:49:07 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
If you guys are going to take this away from the Romance Training Setting, you need to end it here and PM Karena that your training is finished. Remember, plots started in training don't count towards the actual RP boards, unless you RP in the boards that it's happened.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2010 9:53:18 GMT -6

eduante Avatar
OOC:Well it's up to you Tanoko. Ready to leave yet into the big ol' world?

As Karena stated in her post on page 2, this is an RP training thread. If you want to arrange things with Tenoko, do so over PM. Last warning.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 11:31:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 11:31:17 GMT -6

[OOC--@the admins: ja. I'll be wrappin' it up real soon now. sorry bout that, yo.]

Just as Himoto had expected, Daichi went and grabbed it. Once he did, she too headed for the surface, taking a gulp of fresh hair once her head appeared above the water. She was over his shoulder examining whatever it was he had picked up, and doing so with particular interest.

She was not even sure he had noticed her, but she had already read the inscription that had been embedded inside of the piece of jewelry.

“Omashu, huh,” she remarked, once she had read it as well, “the city named after the two lovers…”

She chuckled to herself. “Wouldn’t that be interesting to build a city named after you and your lover…?”
She had mostly overlooked the potential awkwardness that this statement could have caused, but thinking about such an idea was building up to become a little fantasy of the earthbender’s. She didn’t ever think it would actually happen, but she had the right to dream just like anyone else did.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 21, 2010 11:45:13 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 21, 2010 11:45:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“Omashu, huh,” she remarked, once she had read it as well, “the city named after the two lovers…”
She chuckled to herself. “Wouldn’t that be interesting to build a city named after you and your lover…?”

At this he noticed his friend over his shoulder watching him toy with the locket. He smiled warmly at her.
"You'd have to be one hell of a lover," he joked. Then he turned and gave the locket to Himoto. "We should probably return this to its rightful owner, but in the meantime you wear it. I'm not much one for jewelry, and it'd probably look best on you anyway."
Secretly he found that any jewelry would make him seem more feminine, and that simply wouldn't do. He wanted to appear more masculine, especially do to his new company. Not to mention he did believe it would look nice on his rustic friend.
"You about ready to head out of the water and get dressed?" he asked, not truly wishing to get out, but merely because it seemed like the best thing to do.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 12:00:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 12:00:07 GMT -6

"You'd have to be one hell of a lover," he joked.

“ain’t that the truth,” Himoto chuckled. It made sense to her as well—to have a city, especially one as massive as Omashu, named after two lovers would be something marginally intense. The very thought almost boggled the young earthbender’s mind.

Then [Daichi] turned and gave the locket to Himoto. "We should probably return this to its rightful owner, but in the meantime you wear it. I'm not much one for jewelry, and it'd probably look best on you anyway."

“alright,” Himoto responded, smiling. She took it from him and placed it around her neck. “Thanks.”
Perhaps had had only done it because he thought it proper, or he wanted to be polite. Either way, the young woman appreciated the motion, and she was grateful for it in all reality.

"You about ready to head out of the water and get dressed?" he asked, after a few more moments. Himoto shrugged, not really wanting to either, but she supposed that they had best be on their way.

“I guess so,” she answered, and she started slowly swimming towards the shore, in the direction of where she had left her clothes. She was pleased with what haad happened just now as well. She and Daichi seemed to be growing closer together, and maybe even becoming more than just friends…

More than just friends? Himoto might have to dwell on that a little more before she could make a final decision on that theory…

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 21, 2010 16:34:22 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 21, 2010 16:34:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Daichi watched the girl for a few seconds cocking his head slightly. Only one day had passed and yet he felt closer to tis earth bending girl than anyone else. Anyone else alive that was, thought the thief, quick to remember his older sister Terra, and what she had done for him over the coarse of his childhood.
She certainly is prettier then Terra, he chuckled to himself casting her a quick glance while he dressed himself. And she seems a lot more talented in a fight too.
He finished dressing first, despite that he had left the lake last. Probably because he had far less to put on. So he leaned against a tree, and patiently waited for her to finish. He found her fascinating in every way, and noted that he'd thought of little besides her since the two met. Was he falling in love? I guess only time will tell he concluded.
"This way my earth bending friend," he said as the young woman finished dressing, "Off to the city of Omashu."
And together the two walked out of the woods, as if they'd known each other forever. Both eager for the adventures to come.....
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2010 22:49:00 GMT -6

All right, since Karena's on a little mini-vacation, she's left it to me to grade this romance training.

Tenoko: Not really much to say here, really. You're familiar enough with what we expect, so the posts you produced were passable. That's it though, passable. I noticed some ... well, for lack of a better word, laziness... creep in during the middle of the romance. I know you can do better — I've seen it in the RP boards! — so the only explanation I can come to is you got a little lazy. =/ I'll give this training the go-ahead with a GOOD, but do note that just because your RP partner is posting the bare bones, doesn't mean that you have to.

Daichi: First I have to remark that I'm not sure where you got the concept that quoting your partner would even remotely count as part of the 700 character minimum. The rule is 700 characters per character you post as; since you were copy/pasting what Tenoko's character said and did, I'm not sure how you thought that would count as your character, or even your own writing. Aside from that, there was really very little substance to your posts; Tenoko seemed to be struggling to keep things interesting because you gave her so little to work with. When someone posts something of decent length, and you post bare minimum (and in some cases, not even that), that's not only incredibly frustrating to your partner(s), but it's just down right rude. Someone took the time to write for you; the least you can do is give them something to work with.

Your posts lacked description, and had only the smallest amount of personal insight. Please don't use the excuse that it's because you're more familiar with tabletop RPGs; Ai Lin (a gmod) and another current member (Ryari) both are excellent posters and both participate in game frequently.

A small aside, try and distinguish between thought and regular text by using italics, or something. Also, you need to run your posts through a spelling and grammar checker. Lastly, "Terra" is not an Asian name - even if it's your character's sister, the name has to be Asian, or at the very least Asian-sounding/inspired.

All that said, I'm going to have to give you a POOR for this training. I highly recommend you take a look around at some of the posts in the RP board, how they're structured in terms of content, and try and learn from it. I also highly recommend you train more (both Romance and Battle, I think, would be beneficial), but of course, that's entirely up to you. Keep in mind, though, that your exemption was accepted based on the condition that you would improve. So far, we haven't seen any indication of it —- in fact, we're seeing the opposite.

All in all, Tenoko, Good, which is passing, and Daichi, Poor which is not.
Thank you both for your participation, and I hope you keep my grades in mind as you go about your RP.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 21, 2010 22:52:41 GMT -6
eduante
Jul 22, 2010 12:29:13 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 22, 2010 12:29:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
yeah i figured
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 22, 2010 12:35:27 GMT -6

eduante Avatar
yeah i figured

No need for that reply, really. Especially considering it's under the OOC minimum, and that you've been warned IN THIS THREAD already about not replying OOC.

Thread Locked, and you'll be receiving a PM shortly.
This user is Mod