The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Daichi and Himoto Takeshi (Tenoko)

Anonymous
Jul 19, 2010 16:42:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2010 16:42:34 GMT -6

"Yeah," laughed Daichi, "Probably best we got out, got dressed, and went to bed."

“Alright,” Himoto shrugged. She secretly did not necessarily want to get dressed either, but she didn’t like the awkwardness, despite it being unintended. Out of politeness, she turned her head when he climbed out of the water, but also out of curiosity, she cast a glance every now and again.

She actually thought he was pretty cute. He had a certain, almost feminine, charm about him, but the earthbender did not really see this as a bad thing. He was not very muscular either, but neither was he skinny. He was also not very tall, as Himoto had expected. His hair was much like hers—it seemed to just fall into place when he wanted it to. Himoto secretly liked that.

Once she was sure that he was done dressing, she glanced over him with an indicating look that she was going to climb out. Whether he turned his head or not was up to him, but after their talk earlier, she felt a lot less uneasy and worried a lot less if he saw her. She did still have some senses of modesty though, and her arms covered her chest and groin as she climbed out. She replaced her undergarments, and then shook like a dog to dray her body and her hair. Despite being a worker, Himoto’s body was pretty smooth, and the water made it appear moreso. She had her own sets of scars and bruises from accidents on the job, though a few were also from sparring accidents, but the life of a worker did not yield any bad cuts or whatnot. The reason then, that the country girl’s body was not very rough was because her clothes were very durable and protected her skin well. When she needed to protect her hands for a job, she’d just make gloves out of rock like she had seen Dai Li agnets in Ba Sing Se though. Most things that she did, however, could be done bare-handed.

Once her undergarments were in place, she returned the remainder of her clothes to her body. Despite being covered entirely except for her hands and part of her head, her clothes were not hot. They were baggy and airy, and the bracers on her wrists were to keep her sleeves in place.

Had Daichi been watching, or even cast a curious glance, he would have also learned that Himoto did in fact need her belt to hold her pants up, for as she was fastening it, her hand slipped and it came undone. The end result was that her pants fell back down to her ankles. Cursing under her breath for a moment, she brought them back up and acted as if it never happened.

Once the simple task of dressing herself was completed, she flopped back onto her back and just looked up at the night sky.

“gettin’ out of that water makes me almost makes me wanna jump back in,” she chuckled, “it felt so good…”

She stretched her arms and legs out, however, and yawned.

“Then again, I’m also pretty comfy right here… it’s been a while since I’ve felt this good…”

All of a sudden she did not feel tired. She was excited for some reason. She alerted her new friend of this.

“I ain’t sure ‘bout you,” she remarked, “but I don’t feel very tired yet… do you?”

~Himoto~
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2010 12:21:54 GMT -6
eduante
Jul 19, 2010 17:32:05 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 19, 2010 17:32:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“gettin’ out of that water makes me almost makes me wanna jump back in,” she chuckled, “it felt so good…”
She stretched her arms and legs out, however, and yawned.
“Then again, I’m also pretty comfy right here… it’s been a while since I’ve felt this good…”
All of a sudden she did not feel tired. She was excited for some reason. She alerted her new friend of this.
“I ain’t sure ‘bout you,” she remarked, “but I don’t feel very tired yet… do you?”

"Come to think of it no," replied the young man who'd just laid down himself. In truth, he actually was a little tired, but if the earth bender wanted to stay up, he'd stay up as well. Over years of late night jobs, he'd become especially good at staying awake.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 19, 2010 19:06:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 19, 2010 19:06:07 GMT -6

"Come to think of it no," replied the young man who'd just laid down himself.

Himoto chuckled. She was actually a little tired as well—it was just her excitement setting in from her recent new friendship—or that was what she later attributed it to. She was excited as things stood.

“Heh,” Himoto chuckled. “Maybe I’m just excited or something. I’d suggest somethin’ for us to to do, but I dunno what to suggest.” She laughed at herself. Maybe just talking would be easier. She got up and moved a little closer to him, as they were still a little ways apart from where they had separated to undress and dress. Now that they were both fully clothed, the earthbender did not see the need to be even that far apart. The serenity of the area made soft talking seem more appropriate anyways.

“The sky’s real pretty tonight, don’tcha think?” she commented, back to lying on her back, just looking up at it. The moon was entrancing as well, and Himoto found herself smiling—just a happy smile, for no other reason than being happy. It was a cute smile, as this one didn’t even show the signs of embarrassment that her other ones had.

~Himoto~
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2010 12:19:04 GMT -6
eduante
Jul 19, 2010 23:39:23 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 19, 2010 23:39:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“The sky’s real pretty tonight, don’tcha think?” she commented, back to lying on her back, just looking up at it.

"Yes it is," the thief agreed lying next to Himoto. He stared off into the stars and lost himself in thought. He was fascinated by the brilliant displays of the sky, Always with a new beauty to be withheld. Especially the night, and all it's wondrous stars....
"There are millions out there," he said in a soft awe filled voice, "Stars i mean. Each with it's own story to tell. Kinda like people. Some are even grouped into constellations and named after legends. I wonder what it'd be like having your very own constellation. For people to just look into the sky and think of you and your adventures."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 10:39:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 10:39:58 GMT -6

"Yes it is," the thief agreed lying next to Himoto.
"There are millions out there," he said in a soft awe filled voice, "Stars i mean. Each with it's own story to tell. Kinda like people. Some are even grouped into constellations and named after legends. I wonder what it'd be like having your very own constellation. For people to just look into the sky and think of you and your adventures."

Himoto stopped to think about that thought, just gazing out into space. Her eyes jumped this way and that at the thousands of different stars that were visible alone to the naked eye. She had heard that there were millions out there, and that there were some that she had never seen. It reminded her of people—there were millions of them out there, and there was no possibly way that the young earthbender would ever be able to meet them all.

“yep,” she replied, “the stars kinda remind me of people that way. There are thousands that we’ll never all see, but that doesn’t mean they ain’t there… Each may seem so familiar, but there ain’t any two that are exactly the same. I’ve come to learn that you can’t ever really come to conclusion’s ‘bout people until you get to meet ‘em. People aren’t often what they seem, ya know?

She paused for a moment.
“Even me…” she said, chuckling slightly, “I never woulda thought that a stop at a lake woulda gotten me a new friend. And well… I ain’t sure how predictable I am or not, but when I first saw ya, I half expected that you wouldn’t want to share the lake with me… and well, after I met you… well…”

She paused for a moment again, this time almost choking on her own words, which were having difficulty coming out, because she was shy again.
“I… I think you’re kinda cute.” She finally stuttered. She was glad that it was getting darker, as her face was almost glowing with how red it had gone.

~Himoto~
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2010 12:18:54 GMT -6
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 11:13:21 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 11:13:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“Even me…” she said, chuckling slightly, “I never woulda thought that a stop at a lake woulda gotten me a new friend. And well… I ain’t sure how predictable I am or not, but when I first saw ya, I half expected that you wouldn’t want to share the lake with me… and well, after I met you… well…”
She paused for a moment again, this time almost choking on her own words, which were having difficulty coming out, because she was shy again.
“I… I think you’re kinda cute.” She finally stuttered. She was glad that it was getting darker, as her face was almost glowing with how red it had gone.

Daichi too was glad that it was darker now. His widened and face grew bright red like a strawberry. She thinks I'm cute!? Daichi had never been told this by any one and the feeling was both shocking and marvelous.
"Thanks," he said turning to face the small earth bender, "You know.... I think your kinda cute too...."
He then realized that he'd never told anyone this either. The feeling was even more shocking. He felt more open and exposed then ever, and yet it was a good feeling, even if it was a nervous one.

This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 12:18:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 12:18:42 GMT -6

"Thanks," he said turning to face the small earth bender, "You know.... I think you’re kinda cute too...."

It was after hearing this that Himoto realized that she was not sure she had ever been directly told this before. She knew she had never actually told anyone else they were cute—maybe she had complimented them some way or somehow, but she knew she hadn’t used the term ‘cute’, or any similar terms. She was not unfriendly, but she just didn’t normally pay attention to what someone looked like. Perhaps that was one of her admirable traits in the end—she looked at people for who they were, not so much what they looked like.

Perhaps it had been the further analysis of this boy—the completion of analyzing his character for the time, that had moved Himoto onto analyzing his looks. She normally was not this analytical, and even now, she was not doing much analyzing.

“Heh,” she chuckled in response to his remark, though her face was furiously red from her blushing. “Thanks.”
When she was standing, any time she felt shy, she would just tip her hat. However, since she was lying down, she had set it at her side. She had also removed her shoes, belt, and arm bracers. She figured that her pants would stay around her waist unless she thrashed too much as she slept.

“y’know,” she added, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before…”
She didn’t want to kill the conversation, but she did not know really where to take it either.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 12:38:21 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 12:38:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“y’know,” she added, “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before…”

"Really?" replied the young man, "...so you've never had a boyfriend. I mean if you did he must've been pretty lousy if he never complimented you like that."
He found it strange that a girl as straight forward and outgoing would have any trouble picking up a date. Not like him. He was overly gentle and quiet. Women barely thought him worthy of a thought.
Suddenly the thought occurred to him that he may have offended his lovely new friend, realizing that the fact that he himself was alone always bugged him. Not wanting to accidently hurt her feelings, he quickly continued.
"I mean... I've never had a girlfriend," he humbled himself, "I mean I've never even kissed someone on the lips."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 12:49:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 12:49:42 GMT -6

"Really?" replied the young man, "...so you've never had a boyfriend. I mean if you did he must've been pretty lousy if he never complimented you like that."

Himoto had never really had a boyfriend, but that may have been mostly due to her lack of effort. She presented herself as a worker, and her desires were to earn for herself food and living as opposed to friends, intimate or not. Granted, she did not think that she could go and pick up any guy off the street; she honestly had no idea how something like that would end up. She was pretty straightforward and honest in her opinions, which, for the most part, were polite as well. Few things bothered a country girl. She usually had comebacks against country stereotypes, which did not attack other lifestyles—just defended the one she lived.

“Yeh…” she replied, “I’ve ain’t never had a boyfriend. I’ve just never really tried t’get one. Now I ain’t sayin’ that I could just waltz up to the first guy I met and go out on a date with him or anythin’…”
She paused for a moment and shook her head lightly before continuing.
“…I just dunno how it’d end up.”

Apparently though, Daichi had thought that he might have offended her, which he might have if she had had a boyfriend, but he hadn’t nonetheless, he added another remark.

"I mean... I've never had a girlfriend," he humbled himself, "I mean I've never even kissed someone on the lips."

“Well,” the earthbender answered, “if it makes ya feel any better, neither have I. Never even kissed my parents, but that’s mostly ‘coz I never knew ‘em.”

She suddenly stopped. She was divulging information that she actually held rather personal. She did not even know who her parents were, or really, where she came from. She had been found outside of a city as a baby, and the only things attached to her were the word “Himoto” as well as her date of birth. Telling thattidbit of her own backstory made her curious about him, but she was even more interested in the fact that neither of them had had an intimate friend before.

[OOC—and by that, I’m referring to “boyfriend/girlfriend”]

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 13:00:26 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 13:00:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“Well,” the earthbender answered, “if it makes ya feel any better, neither have I. Never even kissed my parents, but that’s mostly ‘coz I never knew ‘em.”

"If it makes you feel any better i never knew my parents either," he comforted her as he put an arm on her shoulder, "My mother got sick when i was really little, and my dad walked out on us after that. "
He felt good finally telling someone that. The only person he had discussed this with before was his older sister Terra, and she wasn't alive anymore. She really trusted this girl, and yet he still wasn't sure exactly why. It could have been that calming nature of hers, or the fact that they were a like in so many ways. But something in him believed there was something more to it.
He blushed realizing his hand was still on Himoto's shoulder.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 20, 2010 15:17:21 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Daichi - Another note, when you're copying what Tenoko has said... that does NOT count in your character count. That is your character only that counts for that. Remember, no need for any kind of response to this except for your RP posts.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 16:29:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 16:29:10 GMT -6

"If it makes you feel any better I never knew my parents either," he comforted her as he put an arm on her shoulder, "My mother got sick when I was really little, and my dad walked out on us after that. "

“Ouch,” Himoto remarked. She did not seem to mind his arm on her shoulder. Though with how baggy her clothes were, it would only take a little movement to expose her shoulder to his hand.
She was slightly discomforted at knowing that Daichi’s father had abandoned them. While she had never had loving parents, it had not been because of their actions-or it might have been. The difference was that he had to have obviously known his parents, while she had never known hers.

“I’m sorry t’hear that,” she added. “I was lucky enough to be raised by a family with the name of Takeshi till I was old enough to be on my own… I was ‘bout 14 when that happened. Though this is one of the first times I’ve actually had a travellin’ companion—most of m’travels since then have been by meself.”

She turned her head towards him and smiled at him.

~Himoto~
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 20, 2010 16:29:23 GMT -6
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 16:46:18 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 16:46:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Well these Takeshi's must've done a good job," Daichi smiled back.
He was tired, but seeing his companion made him want to keep his eyes open as long as possible. Was this how most teens felt? Staying up all night with someone close so starry eyed and ready for anything.
It certainly wasn't like either of them. Both had been forced into adulthood at a young age, both spent most their lives working or training, and both had found themselves rarely hanging out with, or even relating to most people their age. He knew to that both rarely got this chance, and that he didn't want to let her down.
His hand softly tugged exposing the earth bender's shoulder. Silently and gently his hand slipped over the naked area as he leaned in and gave her a soft kiss.
"Good night Himoto."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 16:58:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 16:58:13 GMT -6

"Well these Takeshi's must've done a good job," Daichi smiled back.

“Thanks,” Himoto replied. It was mostly a compliment to the family who had raised her, but to the country girl, it also meant that she had turned out good enough. She always liked the words ‘good job’, especially as a worker. She had made it one of her personal goals to always earn whatever she was paid, and so she never did a job only halfway or anything but to the best of her ability. This notoriety had spread through several villages, but she was not a celebrity by any means—she was just known as a good strong hard-worker.

[Daichi’s] hand softly tugged exposing the earth bender's shoulder. Silently and gently his hand slipped over the naked area as he leaned in and gave her a soft kiss.
"Good night Himoto."

“G’night,” she said in response, and she gave him a soft kiss in return. Right afterwards, she closed her eyes. She was glad that his hand was on her shoulder, because if it had been on her face, he would have been easily able to feel the heat that was now coming from it.

…and also for the fact that it made her feel closer to him. She was not entirely sure how old he was, but he looked around 15 or 16 at the youngest. He didn’t look much older than 17.
She wondered what he would say if he found out she was 20. She had heard of people getting married that had had larger age gaps than that, but she wasn’t even thinking about marriage. They were just friends. It wasn’t improper for a 20-year-old to have a 16-year-old friend. That was her opinion, anyhoo.

She used her far hand [OOC—if he had uncovered her right shoulder, this would be her left hand, and vice-versa] to shift her shirt slightly so that it didn’t seem like it had been pulled to expose her shoulder. She did not say or do anything about his hand there, as he has a soft and gentle touch. She would definitely sleep comfortably tonight.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 17:16:11 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 17:16:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Holy shit that worked! thought Daichi smiling at his own at his own wild surprise.
For once things had turned out just right. No runaways, or battles. No getting away by the skin of your teeth just to get nothing in return. For once his luck was good luck. For once, fortune was on his side.
Or perhaps it was her that fortune smiled upon, the thief pondered slowly drifting to sleep as he watched his beautiful companion rest. In that case, he concluded, that would make her like my good luck charm. Oh traveling with this new friend would be interesting wouldn't it? He drifted to sleep with a smile. He wasn't sure of the adventures that the duo would run into down the rode, but for the moment he didn't care.

OOC- End scene? Idk exactly how that works, but that's how we do it in improv so i thought i'd take a guess. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 17:37:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 17:37:27 GMT -6

Himoto awoke the next morning lying in the position she had fallen asleep in. Daichi’s hand was still on her bare shoulder, and she did not bother to move it. Her eyes had not yet gotten used to the bright morning sun just yet, and so she blinked several times to try and get her body to recognize the light.

She didn’t feel like getting up just yet, especially if Daichi wasn’t awake. She couldn’t really tell if he was asleep or not—if he was anything like her, he might be awake and just lying there—that was what she was doing right now. She did use her arms to straighten out her pants at the waist—which were luckily still at her waist, meaning she hadn’t moved around very much the previous evening. When she was on the road of course, she did not have to worry about her pants falling off because she wore that belt, but trying to sleep with such a huge belt on usually dug into the earthbender’s waist, and she didn’t like that.

She took a deep breath of the morning air and sighed. She was happy to be where she was right now.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 17:51:20 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 17:51:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Daichi's left eye opened. He had been awake for a while, but hadn't wanted to get up just yet. The night had been exceptionally pleasant for once. He had had the most wonderful dream the other night as well. But for the life of him, he couldn't remember what it was about. Only that it made him happy and light hearted.
Noticing the young earth bender was awake, he moved his hand, pulling his hand out and fixing the shirt in one sift flowing motion. He got on his elbows and knees and let his face hang over Himoto's.
"Morning," he said cheerfully, "Sleep well?"
He seemed different this mourning. His eyes had a lively spark to them. His smile seemed different too. It didn't seem awkward or forced but a genuine sign of happiness.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 17:59:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 17:59:38 GMT -6

Himoto was suddenly shaken out of her gazing up at the sky—though not literally. She saw Daichi get up out of the corner of her eye, and he even was polite enough to move her shirt back to cover her shoulder—Himoto probably wouldn’t have seen it as impolite if he hadn’t, but it was small friendly gestures like that that the young earthbender liked the most.

"Morning," [Daichi] said cheerfully, "Sleep well?"

Himoto chuckled and nodded.

“I did,” she said in response, “and I take it you did too?” she chuckled. She sat up and stretched her arms. Without the bracers, her sleeves slid up, revealing most of her forearms—there was nothing unusual about them—it just showed how loose her sleeves were without those bracers on. They slid back down as Himoto put her arms back down.

“Well,” she added, chuckling, “I might think ‘bout standin’ up right now, but if I didn’t have my belt on, my pants wouldn’t stay up.”

She laughed at this remark, mostly because she knew it was true. Besides, it had happened to her the previous evening, but this time, it didn’t even seem bothersome. Nevertheless, she did not stand up just yet.

She rubbed her eyes again and smiled. Her belt was still in her reach unless Daichi had stolen it, but she didn’t think he would do that to her—unless his whole performance last night had just been an act.

“oh,” she added, “and I guess I should also say good mornin’ t’you as well.” she grinned.

~Himoto~
eduante
Jul 20, 2010 18:12:42 GMT -6

Post by eduante on Jul 20, 2010 18:12:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Daichi laughed to himself. She was so cute. not only in the way she looked, but also in the way she acted and the clothes she wore. He just wanted to hug her but restrained himself for obvious reasons.
He crawled over grabbing Himoto's belt for her. "Here you are miss," he smiled tossing it to her.
He stood up looking over the lake. It had lost none of its splendor from the transition from night to day. The water was clear blue, and so was the sky. Mourning birds replaced the owls, and the trees were abreast with the creatures of the day. The day was perfect. Hot and sunny, but a cooling breeze swept the land making sure the air wasn't TOO hot.
"Couldn't be a nicer day out," he chuckled, "Almost wanna head back in the water for a mourning swim."
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 20, 2010 18:19:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 20, 2010 18:19:38 GMT -6

Daichi laughed to himself. He crawled over grabbing Himoto's belt for her. "Here you are miss," he smiled tossing it to her.

“thanks,” Himoto replied, putting it on. She then got up and put the remainder of her clothing on. She was not in a hurry to get anywhere—she was just getting dressed for the way. She was flattered by his friendly gesture, especially since her belt hadn’t even been out of reach for her. He really was cute—just like she had told him. The earthbender wasn’t sure what it was exactly, but maybe she had made a little more than a friend.

Either way, his next remark got her mind thinking.

"Couldn't be a nicer day out," he chuckled, "Almost wanna head back in the water for a morning swim."

The green-clad young woman was immediately having second thoughts about keeping her clothes on now—especially now that she was fully dressed, shoes, hat, bracers, and all. She turned towards the water, and then back at him. The water looked just as alluring as it did yesterday afternoon, even though this time she wasn’t even hot and sweaty. There was real temptation there.

“Well,” she remarked, “I’m definitely up for it if you are.” She offered, and her hands were already wandering back down to her belt.

~Himoto~