The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

One Major Canon Opening!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 7, 2010 21:36:10 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Due to some personal issues, I'm giving up both my Canon characters —- yes, this means both Toph & Ty Lee. In a little bit, I will set up the application threads for these two characters - please do not create the threads yourself, as I need to include information for anyone interested in applying.

Feel free to apply even if you are new, provided you follow the instructions in-thread, and application rules!
Please don't be afraid to try — even if you don't think you can "live up" to expectations, you may be surprised! You'll never know what you're capable of if you don't give it a go. Besides, we're not looking for perfection / massive length, just a similar portrayal — that's what's important!

I'd like to apologize, as well. I have been Toph for almost four years now, and had just recently acquired Ty Lee; I hate to abandon my partners, but I do not feel I can keep up with the responsibilities of playing a major canon character at this time.

For anyone interested in these canons, please bear in mind there is a lot of backstory to these characters! It's not going to be something you can just pick up and run with, as these characters have been involved in AU plot lines.

For more information, please refer to the application threads; please reply here if you are interested, so we can guess roughly how many applications to expect.

Please note: Once there is a Toph player, I will be changing my name to Kami.

Best of luck!
{ Toph Application Thread }

EDIT: Yuna has been accepted as Ty Lee. Congrats! Therefore, we are no only looking for Toph. :) Sorry if anyone was still interested in Ty Lee.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 13, 2010 20:47:48 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 8, 2010 15:05:22 GMT -6

Don't be shy! =D
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jun 8, 2010 15:29:10 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
No, please don't be shy. What's the worst that could happen - we say no? There's already one applicant, and you never know what could happen if you don't try.
This user is Mod
rintokohona
Jun 8, 2010 18:19:29 GMT -6

Post by rintokohona on Jun 8, 2010 18:19:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Gia Avatar
No, please don't be shy. What's the worst that could happen - we say no? There's already one applicant, and you never know what could happen if you don't try.

Just in addition, I was afraid about applying for Toph, afraid that I wouldn't live up to Kami's spectacular RPing abilities, but I typed up my entry and even if I don't get it, I'm proud to say I tried. It's not scary, Toph and Karena don't bite, so go ahead and try it out. You never know!
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Jun 8, 2010 19:22:43 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 8, 2010 19:22:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd apply, but I already have three canons under my belt. :)

Never mind. I'll be putting an app in ASAIC. :)
This user is a guest
Last edit by kaitokatashi: Jun 8, 2010 19:38:25 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 8, 2010 20:58:12 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Remember, if you're interested, you have to post here saying you are so we know to expect your post. :)
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 9, 2010 19:38:31 GMT -6

oh, come on guys! :3 i know there are people here who were very disappointed that they couldn't be part of the canon plotline and/or a main canon - now's your chance!

at the very least let us know you're interested by posting here. =]
This user is Mod
abbywa
Jun 9, 2010 19:43:34 GMT -6

Post by abbywa on Jun 9, 2010 19:43:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm interested in being toph (JustSh0rt from PB support) I'll type up a application, but yeah I'm not sure if I can type that much :P
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 9, 2010 20:02:58 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, we're glad that you're interested! Just do your best. :) The worst that can happen is we say no. :)
This user is Mod
bosco
Jun 10, 2010 1:31:55 GMT -6

Post by bosco on Jun 10, 2010 1:31:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Even though I haven't RP'd on this site yet, I am definitely going to be applying for Toph. :F]D
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 10, 2010 2:05:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2010 2:05:44 GMT -6

:o I would SOoooo put up a toph application, but with my sporratic internet access times, I wouldnt be doing the character the justice it needs with posting. :x
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 10, 2010 3:39:35 GMT -6

abbywa - all we ask is for you to try your best. =] we're not looking for perfection, we just want to see that you understand the character of Toph as she is on this site.
Bosco - Sounds great! Look forward to it!
Gen Bai Ru - Too bad. =/ Would've loved to see an ap.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jun 10, 2010 3:40:46 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jun 10, 2010 12:35:49 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Bosco - Thank you!

Gen Bai Ru - It's up to you, but I would at least try. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 11, 2010 16:24:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2010 16:24:43 GMT -6

I can try, as long as I have all the information I need to follow the character as she is in this AU storyline. Toph is my favorite cannon character. :) Sooo.... well, I guess I can give it shot. :o

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 11, 2010 17:03:37 GMT -6

the info is all there. =] any other minor specifics, i will PM to whomever succeeds in getting the role.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 11, 2010 17:15:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 11, 2010 17:15:25 GMT -6

Gen Bai Ru, along with that, there is a thread dedicated to the two main plots here.

Toph, being a member of the Hunt, is featured in the Hunt post. She's somewhere in there, near the middle I think.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 13, 2010 13:52:00 GMT -6

only one applicant for ty lee? reaaaally? D= come on guys, don't be shy! oh, and just because you applied for toph doesn't mean you can't apply for ty lee!
This user is Mod
kyozuki
Jun 15, 2010 19:40:41 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Jun 15, 2010 19:40:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
...oh you sly, sly people, making Ty Lee available just as I'm about to wander back in. Now then, to get together an application while carefully not copying my previous one....
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 15, 2010 19:46:58 GMT -6

lol. xD can't wait!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Jun 15, 2010 20:05:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ah, good another appilcant for Ty Lee. :) We look forward to seeing it.
This user is Mod