The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

How's the staffing?

Post by Gia on Mar 20, 2010 10:00:54 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Heh, Soshi, pushing me to the breaking point isn't all that difficult. I have a quick temper. This is Toph has been known as "the bomb diffuser". She keeps me from saying things I'll regret.
This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Mar 20, 2010 12:15:01 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Mar 20, 2010 12:15:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Another quick staff note: I've gotten extremely annoyed at a few members here (I'm not naming names), but for the most part, you guys have been really good about following the rules and encouraging a nice, welcoming community. I think that becoming staff has kinda changed me into an asshole sometimes, especially since I'm a profile mod, but sometimes, there are just those members who insist on being difficult. >.> I've dealt with them, though, and I'm pretty happy with the community as it is now.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 21, 2010 17:23:25 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Shtiya - could you explain lo-fi? =D? i'm not sure i quite understand what you mean. i'm not sure how the layout is in appropriate for work. however, there is an issue with having multiple layouts. I believe in the upcoming version 5 of proboards there will be a simplified option [could be mistaken, but I believe there will be], but until then, due to certain coding limitations, we need to stick with one layout. We used to have multiple layouts available for our members, however, the coding for the site became so muddled and so extensive as new layouts were added that the site started to drastically decrease in loading speed, even for those with fast connections. For people such as Karena [at the time] who had dial-up, the site took ages to load.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 21, 2010 19:51:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 21, 2010 19:51:34 GMT -6

Sure. Usually a "lo-fi" or "work" skin is free from graphics for the most part — the code is usually written to show simple table formats only, without background images and so on. They are usually faster to load and, for me, easier to navigate & read. In some fora, this type of skin will also disable graphic signatures and/or avatars, but I don't know how the proboards system works so I don't know what the platform is like.

Oh, and I wasn't implying that the background is inappropriate, I was using "work appropriate" as a label for such graphics-lite versions, as I've seen that label used for them elsewhere. Sorry for the confusion!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 22, 2010 8:40:31 GMT -6

Fair enough. The only thing I can currently suggest, due to the limitations in coding, is to add &NOHEADERS=1 to the end of any URL you're using to view TARP. This will load the page without our coding, so it'll probably look like crap, but it should load faster as there will be little to no graphic or coding. Also, via profile, you can disable signature and avatar images, as well as images in general [just go to profile >> modify profile, then set the options for "show signatures", "show avatars", and "show images" all to no]. This should also aid in loading the site, and is probably a better option as the coding itself isn't what takes long to load, but rather all the images within the codes.

I hope that helps. =]
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 22, 2010 17:26:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 22, 2010 17:26:08 GMT -6

Fair enough. The only thing I can currently suggest, due to the limitations in coding, is to add &NOHEADERS=1 to the end of any URL you're using to view TARP.

I did this and got a "not found on the server" error; just letting you know!

Seriously, though, my personal preference for font/style/sizing/etc is not going to keep me from RPing on here, so I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not too worried about it — I'm not on dialup, so it's not a problem, it's just a matter of preference. BUT Y'ALL ASKED, SO I AM TELLIN'.

Thanks for your help, though!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 23, 2010 15:17:08 GMT -6

Like I said, you can also modify your profile to not show images, if you're at work. You'd have to change it back manually, but that is an option. And that works, you have to add it to the -end- of the URL [such as theavatarrp.proboards.com/index.cgi?&NOHEADERS=1].

No worries. =]
This user is Mod