The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

RPG Battle Training Sign-ups III

Post by Gia on Feb 17, 2008 15:34:39 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Welcome to the RPG Battle Training Sign-ups! In this thread, you will sign up to participate in the RPG Battle Training. You are required to go through either this, RPG Romance Training, or the Exemptions before being allowed to go on to the RPG boards. Now, I know it doesn't sound fun, but it can be. We have noticed that people don't seem to know how to fight in RPG's, so this is here for people to watch, learn, and practice. You can learn by doing, and getting your feedback from your GM, and by watching the other people also in the training. You can fun while doing this, and there are plenty of people doing this only for fun. Here's how things will work:

PLEASE NOTE!~ Battle Training is only for those who have passed exemptions/training previously and wish to volunteer or practice, OR for people whose exemptions are not accepted.

Please only post a registration form if you fit one of the two categories.

1. You sign up here, using one of the sign up forms below.
2. You will be paired with someone else, usually someone of a similar level and opposite bending or skills, and a Staff Member/GM will be assigned to you.
3. You will then proceed to your GM's sub-board in the RPG Battle Training board. There will be three rounds: One where you are at an Advantage, One where your partner is at an Advantage, and one where neither of you are at an Advantage.
4. At the end of each round, the GM in charge of you and your partner will give each you of you a scoring: Poor, Fair, Good, or Excellent.
5. At the end of the rounds, the GM will give you an overall score based on how you have done throughout the entire fight, and that is what will determine if you go on to the RPG Boards or not.

Note: Please remember that if you have not signed up for Exemptions, you need to do that, so you can quickly move on to the RPG Boards.

Scores Explanations –

Poor - You did poorly in your training. This means that your post quality was poor. There was little to no emotion in the post, and the posts were below the required character limit of 500 characters. There might also have been moderate to heavy spelling, grammar, and godmodding problems. Now, don't be insulted if you are given this. It simply means that you either have little experience with RPG Fighting, or you're simply just not good at it, and there's no harm in that. You will be forced to re-complete the training, before you can go to the RPG's.

Fair - You did a fair job in your training. This means that your post quality wasn't poor, but it wasn't good, either. This also means that some of your posts were below or border-lining the required character limit of 500 characters, and there might also have been some moderate spelling, grammar, and little godmoding problems. You still must complete the training over before moving on to the RPG boards. Again, don't be insulted. This isn't meant as an insult.

Good - You did a good job in your training. This means that your post quality was good. There was little to no spelling, grammar, and little to no godmoding. Your posts ware also above the required character limit of 500 characters, but that perhaps that your description and emotion were not enough. You are free to move on! You can still participate in the training again, if you want, but you can go on to the RPG boards either way.

Excellent - You did an Excellent Job! Your posts were way above the required element, and there was little to no spelling and grammar errors, and no godmoding. Your description and emotion were also good. You are not allowed back in the training with that character, as that really wouldn't be fair, but you are free to go to the RPG boards! Great job!

Sign-up form:

Character's Name:
Character's Age:
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: (Also add if you're banished, exiled or whatever. If you're unsure of your character's loyalty their nation, say unsure, or leave it off.)
Bending Discipline: (If you're not a bender, just say None/Warrior, or whatever you are good at.)
Level of Training Acquired (Basics, Intermediate, Advanced): (Be accurate and realistic to your character's age. No teenage character here should be Advanced except Katara, Azula, and Toph. If you're a teenager, do not put advanced, because I won't let you keep it. Also, keep High Intermediate only for those who are 18 or 19. and I don't want to see a whole lot of those, either.)

If you've already gone through RPG Battle Training and are being sent back from the RPG boards or are going through again this after already doing it before and failing it, then add this to the end:

Previous GM(s): (If you are being sent back, then this to give you a different GM who might give you a different aspect that might help you. Same for if you are going through this again after failing it. Obviously the past GM or GM's have not helped you, so this is to give you a different GM.)

If you are going through this again, but have passed, leave off the above line.

Also, a note, leave off the things in parenthesis in your Sign-up forum, please. Thank you. They're just for notes, so take them out. I don't want to see anything like the following:

name:
bending form:
level:

That is not what I have.

Also try and remember that each GM grades differently. Also, if you really feel you have to you can request a partner, but I would prefer if you didn't. Also, DO NOT request a GM, and do not sign up a character twice at once, wait until you finish the training before going through it again with the same character. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 14, 2008 19:36:47 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Feb 17, 2008 15:36:08 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
From the previous thread:

tai said:
Character's Name: Tai
Character's Age: 19
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth Kingdom/ Very Loyal.
Bending Discipline: Earth Bending.
Level of Training Acquired: Intermediate.

kin said:
Character's Name: Smellerbee
Character's Age: 15
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth Kingdom/ Loyal

Bending Discipline: None, nonbender. Skilled with (and always carries) daggers and swords.
Level of Training Acquired: Intermediate
This user is Mod
zanisha
Feb 18, 2008 23:16:38 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Feb 18, 2008 23:16:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
((*smashes head against the wall until blood drips down* Alright I'm seriously regretting not reading he rules in the prompts before I posted. Hahaha. Ughh, well I'm back here again. Well maybe the 6th times te charm and I wont e someone who gets us to the final round and then leaves. And this is why I hate joining sites.))

Name: Zanisha (Zana)
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation Disloyal (Part of Earth Kingdom rebellion)
Bending Discipline: Fire
Level of Training Acquired: Intermediate despite age because of her harsh training in her past during the years she lived in the fire nation.

Character's Name: Luxa Hikori
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Earth, Loyal (Part of Earth Kingdom rebellion)
Bending Discipline: Earthbending
Level of Training Acquired: Intermediate all around. (swordsmanship, earthbending, and hand to hand combat)
This user is a guest
Last edit by zanisha: Feb 21, 2008 15:36:12 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Feb 20, 2008 17:08:00 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Smellerbee/Zanisha Env. 3 (Karena)

Remember to use the new system, and I'll sign up Luxa when I can.
This user is Mod
ikomitizai
Feb 22, 2008 16:27:50 GMT -6

Post by ikomitizai on Feb 22, 2008 16:27:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Here goes nothing...

Name: Iko Mitizai
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation/Barely loyal (they give him money, he won't quit)
Level of Training Acquired: Low intermediate without broadswords. He usually uses twin broadswords in combat.

I hope I don't get my butt kicked...
This user is a guest
Last edit by zanisha: Feb 22, 2008 16:28:51 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 22, 2008 18:59:46 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hi Iko. Your profile has to be approved before you can sign up. I'm getting to it as fast as I can (really an influx of new profiles lately!) I hope you understand. Also, after your profile is approved, I'll need you to post an exemption first (FreeForm, or sign up for Prompt). It's okay if you don't think you can do it, we'd like you to try your best, just in case.

Thank you! If you've any questions, feel free to PM me.
This user is Mod
hiroshi
Feb 26, 2008 19:41:29 GMT -6

Post by hiroshi on Feb 26, 2008 19:41:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Character's Name: Hiroshi Matsumo
Character's Age: 13
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation/Loyal
Bending Discipline: Firebender
Level of Training Acquired: Basic
This user is a guest
Last edit by zanisha: Feb 27, 2008 19:13:24 GMT -6
ikomitizai
Feb 26, 2008 20:47:24 GMT -6

Post by ikomitizai on Feb 26, 2008 20:47:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
re-registering since I failed the exemption.

Name: Iko Mitizai
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation/Barely loyal (they give him money, he won't quit)
Level of Training Acquired: Low intermediate without broadswords. He usually uses twin broadswords in combat.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Feb 27, 2008 16:55:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Hiroshi - Mediocre is not a level. Please specify Beginning, Intermediate, or Advanced.

Luxa *played by Zanisha*/Iko Mitizai Env. 2 (Katara)
This user is Mod
hiroshi
Mar 12, 2008 15:39:55 GMT -6

Post by hiroshi on Mar 12, 2008 15:39:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Re-registering due to lack to comply with rules.

Character's Name: Hiroshi Matsumo
Character's Age: 13
Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation/Loyal
Bending Discipline: Firebender
Level of Training Acquired: Beginner
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 17, 2008 17:54:46 GMT -6

Koine - Did you try out for exemptions already? :)
This user is Mod
haruki
Mar 18, 2008 16:15:35 GMT -6

Post by haruki on Mar 18, 2008 16:15:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    [/b] Haruki Arata
    Character's Age: Haruki Arata
    Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Fire Nation ;; Loyal
    Level of Training Acquired: Advanced[/color][/ul]
    This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 21, 2008 20:07:35 GMT -6

@ Hiroshi and Haruki - if you don't mind the power difference, I'll pair you two up. What say you?
    This user is Mod
    haruki
    Mar 22, 2008 9:21:38 GMT -6

Post by haruki on Mar 22, 2008 9:21:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Sure thing.
    This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 22, 2008 12:44:11 GMT -6

All right, waiting a response from Hiroshi.
    This user is Mod
    ninavask
    Mar 22, 2008 13:10:51 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Mar 22, 2008 13:10:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    (I REALLY hope this time I get into an RP with someone who doesn't just up and leave after I have to, if I have to, make my character forfeit the first fight. At least this time I didn't choose a character who would have a good reason to forfeit for not being able to see their enemy. And Nin's also gonna be an RP one so hopefully I don't get an arena for my first fight that he can't see the opponent on.
    Third times, hopefully, the charm. *Prays.* )

Character's Name: Okuma Hau
    Character's Age: 27
    Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Shaky loyalty to the Fire Nation
    Bending Discipline: Aggresive Close Quarters firebending
    Level of Training Acquired: Moderate Bender. Not quite an adept but good enough to know the basics by heart and some more difficult abilities are possible with concentration.

Character's Name: Ninavask Revan
    Character's Age: 15
    Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Loyal Earthbender
    Bending Discipline: Earthbending
    Level of Training Acquired: Low Advanced Bender, quick on his feet and in his attacks. Capable of some powerful attacks with ease but not without his limits.
    This user is a guest
    hiroshi
    Mar 22, 2008 13:40:06 GMT -6

Post by hiroshi on Mar 22, 2008 13:40:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    No problem.
    This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 22, 2008 15:05:39 GMT -6

Okay - Hiroshi v. Haruki, Env. 1, Katara. (Use the sub-sub boards please!)

@ Ninavesk - sorry x_x no a one to pair you with at the moment.
    This user is Mod
    ninavask
    Mar 22, 2008 16:51:45 GMT -6

Post by ninavask on Mar 22, 2008 16:51:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Alright, I can wait for other people to sign up.
    This user is a guest
    taikatsumi
    Apr 1, 2008 22:57:55 GMT -6

Post by taikatsumi on Apr 1, 2008 22:57:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
    Character's Name: Tai Katsumi
    Nation Affiliation/Loyal or Disloyal: Northern Watertribe/Loyal
    Bending Discipline: Waterbender
    Level of Training Acquired: Intermediate
    This user is a guest