The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Extra Terrestrials

Anonymous
Feb 17, 2006 17:36:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 17, 2006 17:36:53 GMT -6

Well as the title says this thread is about extra terrestrials. Personally I do believe in aliens. The universe is really big and there are many stars and systems of planets so I truly believe that somewhere else life could have evolved and unlike us have traveled down another evolutionary path. This is a crazy subject because it requires an open mind you must be able to open up to the possibilities. By denouncing one end because it seems stupid is to denounce the ability to imagine and think. After this I shall be writing crap so you do not have to read it. As stated before the universe is large and there are chances that out there some life is just evolving, or as many believe has already done so and is far ahead of us. So as for you the reader please state a reason as to why or why not life could or could not exist.

But please no flaming or insults none of that now.

"Keep an open mind but not too open so your brain falls out" Someone said that or something like it.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Feb 17, 2006 17:37:18 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Feb 17, 2006 23:57:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I think it is very foolish and arrogant to think that we are the only life out there in the universe. Every star in the sky is a sun, so that means that each star could potentially have a system of planets like our own. Also, the universe is infinite. To think that we are the only intelligent life out there is stupid, foolish, and extremely arrogant.

Obviously, there has to be life out there, somewhere. How far away, we don't know, but they're out there.

"The truth is out there." - X-Files
This user is Mod
ayame
Feb 18, 2006 14:53:46 GMT -6

Post by ayame on Feb 18, 2006 14:53:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I agree with you guys. A lot of people think of aliens as green people with three fingers that come in flying saucers and take over the world. Not really. Who knows, but I don't think that's very accurate. We may never encounter another intelligent life, but they're definately out there, even if they're too far away to know about.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Feb 18, 2006 18:42:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 18, 2006 18:42:51 GMT -6

Yay some people are with me

Do many of you guys hate it when people see planets and say that the only way life could have evolved was with water. That just gets me annoyed because what if some creatures evolved on some planet that had no way of producing water. So the creatures there use another source for life not water and developed some other way.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 18, 2006 21:19:51 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I've never really given it much thought. Life on earth is complicated enough. I'd like to believe in 'em...(I read too many fantasy/sci fi books) But, I hope they're friendly.
This user is Mod
ayame
Mar 4, 2006 8:10:17 GMT -6

Post by ayame on Mar 4, 2006 8:10:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Go Shio! Even though every species on Earth needs water, isn't it possible that they could have evolved a different way?! Erg, you rational scientists. As Einstein said (something like this, I don't have it word for word);

"Imagination is more important than knowlege. Knowlege is limited. Imagination circles the world (or univerese, or something like that)."

Sorry if it wasn't exact, but I hope you get my point.
This user is a guest
ami
Mar 4, 2006 13:33:52 GMT -6

Post by ami on Mar 4, 2006 13:33:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I CONCURE! I love the little aliens... *pokes alien with stick*
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 4, 2006 20:31:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2006 20:31:00 GMT -6

Yay fellow people who are not bound to our one minded world. I mean after all if we find other life on other planets chances are they will probably evolve to follow another evolutionary cycle to live on their planets somewhat unique ecology.

What would be surprising is if we find another planet where life has adapted so that it is very similar to ours. After all there is a very large amount of planets out there so yeah.

yay fellow believers ;D
indianajane
Mar 4, 2006 23:51:52 GMT -6

Post by indianajane on Mar 4, 2006 23:51:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Think of all the stars that are suns. They could have a galaxie just like ours. BELIVE!
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Mar 5, 2006 0:22:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
My point exactly. There has to be life out there. Even just one planet on each of those galaxies had life, like ours, the universe is infinite... That's an infinite number of planets like ours! We can't be only life in the universe (that's infinite). That's just stupid, imho (in my humble opinion).
This user is Mod
jeong
Mar 5, 2006 0:31:21 GMT -6

Post by jeong on Mar 5, 2006 0:31:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
admin said:
Also, the universe is infinite. To think that we are the only intelligent life out there is stupid, foolish, and extremely arrogant.

But stupid, foolish, and estremely arrogant is in our species' nature.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Mar 5, 2006 0:37:09 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Unfortunately, Jin Hu, that's all too true.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 5, 2006 13:40:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 5, 2006 13:40:02 GMT -6

[/quote]
But stupid, foolish, and estremely arrogant is in our species' nature.[/quote]

sadly it is true to our spieces we are a stubborn people

Oh well thats life (it sucks)
jafakin05
Mar 5, 2006 14:19:50 GMT -6

Post by jafakin05 on Mar 5, 2006 14:19:50 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
uummm......... personally, i don't believe tht there are aliens. i mean, there has to be some explanation for the odd things tht happen. but they never prove who did what or how it actually happened...
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 5, 2006 14:27:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 5, 2006 14:27:08 GMT -6

thats true so many reported sightings have problems, to make matters worse when the government tries to solve what it really was they come up with this ludicrous explanation that makes you think , "Well i guess they think we are moron." Still there is too much confusion to really come up with a solid answer.
shijin
Mar 5, 2006 15:55:16 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Mar 5, 2006 15:55:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jafakin05 said:
uummm......... personally, i don't believe tht there are aliens. i mean, there has to be some explanation for the odd things tht happen. but they never prove who did what or how it actually happened...

The absence of evidence, is not the evidence of absence
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 9, 2006 17:34:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 9, 2006 17:34:43 GMT -6

Ooh I like that quote Shijin very mystifying

but still I mean you can deny the belief in these greay aliens but to deny that life exist anywhere else to me sounds just dumb

(my apologies to anyone who doubts life exist anywhere else)

((300! yay))
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 9, 2006 17:38:18 GMT -6
zanisha
Mar 15, 2006 16:36:54 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on Mar 15, 2006 16:36:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm with Karena. But, personally I think that some people who have seen an alien spaceship didn't say anything cause f the following reasons:

1. They got abducted.
2. They promised they wouldn’t say anything if they let them go.
3. Are their friend.
4. Think that if they do tell anyone then they will be thought of as crazy and get locked up in the cuckoo hut.
5. Or they were convinced that they were dreaming. Lol. :D
This user is a guest
shijin
Mar 15, 2006 21:21:04 GMT -6

Post by shijin on Mar 15, 2006 21:21:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm not denying it I do believe kind of but I never really thought about it
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Mar 15, 2006 21:39:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 15, 2006 21:39:06 GMT -6

zanisha said:
I'm with Karena. But, personally I think that some people who have seen an alien spaceship didn't say anything cause f the following reasons:

1. They got abducted.
2. They promised they wouldn’t say anything if they let them go.
3. Are their friend.
4. Think that if they do tell anyone then they will be thought of as crazy and get locked up in the cuckoo hut.
5. Or they were convinced that they were dreaming. Lol. :D

thats true I think many people who see anthing that is paranormal will immediately think about their image if they tell anyone, it is kinda sad to think we care that much about our appearence that we are willing to hide things from one another