The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Anyone play any Musical instruments?

pyro
May 2, 2006 15:09:40 GMT -6

Post by pyro on May 2, 2006 15:09:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey, just wanted to see if their were any musical Avatar fans out their. I myself play guitar (electric and acoustic), piano, a bit of drums, and some bass. I'm the lead guitarist in an Alternative/Indie/punkish band, which rocks. And i've got three guitars one a Gibson les paul, Godin Lg, and a classical accoustic. Theirs my musical backround, Anyone else?
This user is a guest
alianne
May 2, 2006 15:16:54 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 2, 2006 15:16:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Um... I play piano, my brother plays bass and electric guitar, and some acoustic, and my dad has been playin bass for... about his whole life. I have a 77 key keyboard, my brother has a (I'm not sure how to spell it.) Charvelle (It's old, and they don't make 'em much any more, but it's in wondeful condition.) a gibson, and an old acoustic from my great gramps. My dad has a (not sure how to spell this either.) Honer bass, and a couple of other electrics.

This user is a guest
zanisha
May 2, 2006 15:28:40 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 2, 2006 15:28:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have played Piano for about 6 years and am starting guitar.
This user is a guest
taedxoa
May 2, 2006 19:26:29 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 2, 2006 19:26:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well how's this? ;D I am a Music Education major at my university; my major instrument is voice, but the instrument I've played the longest is piano (14 years now). I also play flute, pan flute, drumset, percussion, xylophone/marimba, harmonica, and a little guitar. My mother is a singer; my father is a guitar and bass player; my brother is a drummer; there's more music in my extended family but I won't go into that :P. And just for other random music info: I will have to, in the next two years (for my degree), also learn clarinet, saxophones, trumpet, trombone, violin, and bassoon; I am the worship leader and keyboardist/lead singer for contemporary services at my church; and I student teach band, choir, and general music when I'm on break.

Is that enough? ;D
This user is a guest
firedude456
May 2, 2006 20:43:08 GMT -6

Post by firedude456 on May 2, 2006 20:43:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow I don't know if I can beat Taed up there but I'm not trying to. Anyway I'm a drummer. I rock and have only been playing for about two years. I'm in a band and we're playing for our school talent show. Both my dad and brother play the guitar. Dad, aucustic, and brother, electric. That's my musical history.
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
May 3, 2006 14:22:55 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on May 3, 2006 14:22:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I am a Singer at my school. I been a Singer for 8 yrs at my school. The songs we do is
Y'rushalayim Shel Zahav ( Jerusalem of Gold ), City called Heaven, Rhythm of Life, Down to the River to Pray, Always, and Non Nobis Domine. My school will be singing at 6 Fags. The 3 songs We will do is Y'rushalayim Shel Zahav ( Jerusalem of Gold ) City called Heaven and Down to the River to Pray.
This user is a guest
Last edit by hurricanhazel: May 3, 2006 14:36:41 GMT -6
zanisha
May 3, 2006 14:25:52 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 3, 2006 14:25:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow Taed, 14 years? that's a wicked lond time. How many instraments exactly can u play?
This user is a guest
zevi
May 3, 2006 16:12:21 GMT -6

Post by zevi on May 3, 2006 16:12:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Feh... I dig the bagpipes... dude, I totally rock the scottish flute >.<
Hehe, I always wanted to form a hardcore metal band and play the pipes... hecks yeah, you can mosh to my pipes.... I'm serious, I don't look bad in a kilt either >.<
This user is a guest
taedxoa
May 3, 2006 17:01:39 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 3, 2006 17:01:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Um... (counts on finger)... counting percussion and keyboard percussion as one instrument group? Seven. Plus singing.

Counting percussion and keyboard percussion ALL as separate instruments? Like fifteen or twenty.

Let's go with the first one.
This user is a guest
moonsinger
May 3, 2006 17:59:11 GMT -6

Post by moonsinger on May 3, 2006 17:59:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I play flute, saprano (sp?) recorder, alto recorder, tenor recorder, bass recorder, Irish whistle, cello, violin, and some guitar.
This user is a guest
zanisha
May 3, 2006 18:07:27 GMT -6

Post by zanisha on May 3, 2006 18:07:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
wow. *sarcasticaly counts on fingers* If you count the xylaphone that my music teacher taught us (and forced us to play) then pretends to think real hard....................................................... 3.
This user is a guest
pyro
May 4, 2006 5:14:23 GMT -6

Post by pyro on May 4, 2006 5:14:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yeah, i've been playing guitar for about 8 years, and piano for about 5. I picked drums up naturally, and if you can play guitar, you can pretty much just pick up a bass and play it.
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
May 4, 2006 14:49:16 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on May 4, 2006 14:49:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My school is going to Six Fags for Sing and Fun
This user is a guest
firebender89
May 4, 2006 16:54:55 GMT -6

Post by firebender89 on May 4, 2006 16:54:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I play the guitar and I'm the lead singer of my band
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
May 4, 2006 17:04:28 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on May 4, 2006 17:04:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hay Molo
I am a Singer at my school. I been a Singer for 8 yrs at my school. The songs we do is
Y'rushalayim Shel Zahav ( Jerusalem of Gold ), City called Heaven, Rhythm of Life, Down to the River to Pray, Always, and Non Nobis Domine. My school will be singing at 6 Fags. The 3 songs We will do is Y'rushalayim Shel Zahav ( Jerusalem of Gold ) City called Heaven and Down to the River to Pray.
This user is a guest
firebender89
May 4, 2006 17:06:42 GMT -6

Post by firebender89 on May 4, 2006 17:06:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Cool. I sing mainly metal and punk rock.
This user is a guest
alianne
May 4, 2006 17:16:00 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 4, 2006 17:16:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Cascada, I think I know one of the songs you're talking about. Down to the river to pray is a song on my Union station Live CD. It's also on the "O brother, Where Art Thou?" Soundtrack. Am I right? (I also know some of the Lyrics)
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
May 4, 2006 17:24:09 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on May 4, 2006 17:24:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Here are the Lyrics Down to the river to Pray Lyrics

As i went down to the river to pray
Studyin about that good ol' way and who shall wear the starry crown?
Good Lord show me the way!

O sisters let's go down
Lets go down, Come on down
O sisters lets go down
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studyin about that good ol way
And who shall wear the robe & crown
Good Lord show me the way

O brothers lets go down
Let's go down, Come on down
O brothers lets go down

And who shall wear the starry crown?
Good lord show me the way

O fathers lets go down
Let's go down, Come on down
O fathers lets go down

As I went down in the river to pray studying about that good ol way
And who shall wear th robe and crown

O mothers lets go down
Come on down, don't you wanna go down?
O Mothers lets go down

Studin about that good ol' way
And who shall wear the starry crown?

O sinners lets go down
Lets go down, come on down
O sinners lets go down

And who shall wear the Robe and crown?
This user is a guest
alianne
May 4, 2006 17:28:41 GMT -6

Post by alianne on May 4, 2006 17:28:41 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yep, that's it! Wow, I love that song... Have you heard the "I am a man of constant sorrow."? I like that one too.
This user is a guest
hurricanhazel
May 4, 2006 17:34:20 GMT -6

Post by hurricanhazel on May 4, 2006 17:34:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Do u know Y'rushalayim Shel Zahav?
This user is a guest