The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What movies are you looking forward to?

wei
Jul 16, 2010 18:51:02 GMT -6

Post by wei on Jul 16, 2010 18:51:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
So the summer's almost done, but there are still some "blockbusters" coming.

This summer has been terrible for me as I have missed so many movies I wanted to see.

But to my topic i'm still looking forward to Expendables, The Other Guys, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 18, 2010 22:32:40 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Well, I was looking forward to Prince of Persia, but I missed it. I'm looking forward to seeing the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Inception. I know there's more, I just can't think of them right now.
This user is Mod
saiki
Jul 19, 2010 9:54:59 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 19, 2010 9:54:59 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yea I think the biggest one on my list right now is definitely Inception. I've had all of my friends tell me it was mind-blowing so I can't wait to watch. I just recently saw Despicable Me....cutest film ever =]
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 19, 2010 11:40:10 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, that's another one I want to see. Unfortunately, I'm having financial problems right now, so no movies for me.
This user is Mod
alder
Jul 19, 2010 13:46:11 GMT -6

Post by alder on Jul 19, 2010 13:46:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well....since I'm a die-hard Leo Fan, obviously Inception. But aside from that, I'm really looking forward to the next batch of superhero films from Marvel and DC. Green Lantern in particular, I can't wait to get a glimpse of Ryan Reynolds portraying one of my favorite costumed crusaders. Captain America....eh....just because I don't really like Chris Evans (the guy who played the human torch in Fantastic Four if you didn't know.) that much as the leader of a superpowered team that includes a cast of Rober Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth and Hugo Weaving
This user is a guest
suyami
Aug 1, 2010 12:32:08 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Aug 1, 2010 12:32:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Scott Pilgrim versus The World looks funny, and I'm also a little bit pumped to see Flipped. Mostly cause when I heard the voiceover I thought it was Dante Basco. But still, I'm pumped to see it.
This user is a guest
nemoknown
Aug 5, 2010 12:02:58 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 5, 2010 12:02:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
not many i'm looking forward to right now...
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 7, 2010 12:51:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2010 12:51:45 GMT -6

I was looking forward to Toy Story, but owing to my current situation I am in a place where I cannot see it.
I'm still looking forward to seeing it though, as I have yet to hear a bad review about it.

and of course, I WAS looking forward to TLA, but we all know how that turned out. [who's Ong?]

I was kinda looking forward to Harry Pothead, but seeing as I finished the 7th book back on 21 July 07, and haven't had much interest in it since then, I'm not too worried. it was more of a passing fad.

OH! if the rumors I hear of a "The Hobbit" movie are true, I'm keen on that. and Pirates 4 [0?]. whatever that 4th installment is. I liked the series more than the average joe (it wasn't LOTR amazing, but it was still pretty good, yo), so ja.
that's my two bits.

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
nemoknown
Aug 7, 2010 14:46:34 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 7, 2010 14:46:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I just finally found out about Scott Pilgrim vs. the world...and it looks epic!
This user is a guest
kyozuki
Aug 8, 2010 5:03:23 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Aug 8, 2010 5:03:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tron Legacy is top of my list - I'm not just thinking about seeing it, I am definitely seeing it, no question, even if I have to sell my keyboard to buy the ticket.
This user is a guest
myaku
Aug 23, 2010 18:52:12 GMT -6

Post by myaku on Aug 23, 2010 18:52:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
There are a few movies I am looking forward to. The Expendables looked good, it seemed to have every big action star of late. That is also the problem though, I am wondering if because there are so many you won't really get to see much of them individually.

What else...HP7 1/2 is of course is something I look forward to, especially since I've heard that they cut it into two parts (in part to make more money), but also to make it possible to not leave anything out.

I've heard rumors of The Hobit as well, but from what I heard they are putting it on the backburner for now.

Other than that, the only movie I am looking forward truly is not even a movie, but another seasons of Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
This user is a guest
trakada
Aug 23, 2010 20:05:24 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 23, 2010 20:05:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
nemoknown Avatar

Best movie of 2010 so far. Hands down.
This user is a guest
ayumi
Aug 23, 2010 20:31:24 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Aug 23, 2010 20:31:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
trakada Avatar
nemoknown Avatar

Best movie of 2010 so far. Hands down.

-cries profusely at this statement-

TOY STORY 3 WAS!!!!! Enough said.

I'm suuuppppeeerrrrr excited for HP and Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader! ^^ that's about it now n.n
This user is a guest
trakada
Aug 23, 2010 22:12:18 GMT -6

Post by trakada on Aug 23, 2010 22:12:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
ayumi Avatar
Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Heck yeah! I haven't been super impressed with the Narnia movies so far, although they haven't been bad by any stretch. But Dawn Treader was always my favorite book in that series, so I have high hopes. I love sea-faring adventure stories.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 23, 2010 22:16:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* I'm also excited for the new Narnia movie as well as the new HP movie.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 23, 2010 22:20:54 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
HARRY POTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Of course.

Aside from that, I'm not really looking forward to any movies. They all seem pretty lame lately. =/
This user is Mod
ayumi
Aug 23, 2010 23:22:53 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Aug 23, 2010 23:22:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The new Narnia will be the greatest thing in the history of GREATNESS!!!!! I loved the first but I thought I PC was a little too LOTR-like.
This user is a guest
kyozuki
Sept 2, 2010 0:10:29 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Sept 2, 2010 0:10:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Voyage of the Dawn Treader definitely looks promising. Although I'm still not sure how I feel about the recurring use of the White Witch - it's not that it's a bad idea, and it'll definitely keep her fresh in everyone's mind for when/if they produce 'The Magician's Nephew', but in the original books, after she died at Aslan's hand teeth, that was it, she was well and truly dead. But anyway, quibbles aside, I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw the Dawn Treader - it's just like the good old BBC version, only better.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Oct 1, 2010 12:48:50 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm also looking forward to My Soul to Take and Legend of the Guardians. I'm also looking forward to seeing Alpha and Omega. I also want to see Life As We Know It and Secretariat.

And of course, Harry Potter. ;D Kanea and I already have plans to get there before 3:30 pm, dressed up in robes. ;D It'll be awesome.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 1, 2010 14:10:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 1, 2010 14:10:48 GMT -6

kyozuki Avatar
Well, Voyage of the Dawn Treader definitely looks promising. Although I'm still not sure how I feel about the recurring use of the White Witch - it's not that it's a bad idea, and it'll definitely keep her fresh in everyone's mind for when/if they produce 'The Magician's Nephew', but in the original books, after she died at Aslan's hand teeth, that was it, she was well and truly dead. But anyway, quibbles aside, I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw the Dawn Treader - it's just like the good old BBC version, only better.

Um, hi, wow, how are we not BFFs?????

TRON LEGACY. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW.
This user is a former member