The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

What movies are you looking forward to?

wei
Oct 1, 2010 17:20:44 GMT -6

Post by wei on Oct 1, 2010 17:20:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I wanna see the social network and maybe let me in
This user is a guest
kyozuki
Oct 3, 2010 4:25:49 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Oct 3, 2010 4:25:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
rui Avatar

Um, hi, wow, how are we not BFFs?????

TRON LEGACY. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW.

Eh, that's the downside of living 300 miles from the nearest country. People on the internet are from "over there"
This user is a guest
Last edit by kyozuki: Oct 3, 2010 4:26:00 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Nov 6, 2010 10:07:13 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm going to see Megamind Sunday night with Kanea. It should be awesome.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2010 10:26:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2010 10:26:59 GMT -6

kyozuki Avatar
rui Avatar

Um, hi, wow, how are we not BFFs?????

TRON LEGACY. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY NOW.

Eh, that's the downside of living 300 miles from the nearest country. People on the internet are from "over there"

I feel you. I'm smack in the middle of the Southwest U.S., where we're about 500 miles away from the nearest sign of civilization. signs like this one are a semiregular occurance. though I can't say I'm complaining about not knowing anyone IRL from the internetz.

oh ye. movies... hmm... nothing has really caught my eye recently. most movies sans Toy Story that were made in '10 have been crap.

I guess I'm looking forward to Harry Potter 7, mostly to see how good/bad they do.

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 6, 2010 13:03:02 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Deathly Hallows paaaart onnnnnne. >.< adflajlsdjkfs.
I always get pissed off on repeated watchings of the movies regarding what got left out, but I am hoping since DH is going to be a two parter that they can squeeze not only all the necessary info in, but fix the past mistakes as well.

that said, i always, always, always love the movies the first time i see them, with no regard for accuracy. at least, just FIRST time. =P
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Nov 6, 2010 14:19:28 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Harry Potter freak, so of course, I am looking forward to DH Part 1. I'll be there at 3/3:30 dressed in my Harry Potter robes.
This user is Mod
ayumi
Nov 7, 2010 23:14:05 GMT -6

Post by ayumi on Nov 7, 2010 23:14:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!! I'M GOING TO TRY AND GET THERE AT NOON TO SEE HP: DH 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have HP Robes -cry- But I'm gonna bring SS, CoS, PoA with me!!!! I'm gonna try and read them all in one go before the movie even starts!! ^^

OH! And I'm gonna do the same thing with Narnia when it comes out! NARNIANARNIANARNIANARNIANARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<33333333

Oh. Btw. "How to Train Your Dragon" was an AMAZING movie from this year! -stares at Tenoko- SO NYEH!!!!!

I'm still awaiting a call for a movie on me! TY LEE!!! I mean! Wait.....-gets the phone- Okay. Nvm! ^^ A movie about The wonderous life of Ty Lee will be in theatres 2013! SO DON'T MISS IT!!!! Or else >.>;;;;; Nyeh!
This user is a guest
kyozuki
Nov 8, 2010 21:27:12 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Nov 8, 2010 21:27:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Alright Ty Lee, calm down calm down... that's it, breathe.... take your pills.... good. Now go and find an Avatar villainess to paralyze XD

Anyway, still looking forward to Tron Legacy of course, but now also starting to follow the development of The Hobbit, now that it's finally got off the ground. Here's hoping executive meddling keeps it's grisly claws away from the rest of production... >.>
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Nov 18, 2010 19:21:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 18, 2010 19:21:21 GMT -6

ooohh... the Hobbit...
now that's one that I heard rumors about back in '04 [rumors of a 2009 release date were in the air. obvious BS now >.>]

but if they're actually kicking something off, there might be salvation for the movies of 2010 other than Toy Story 3.

frankly, Harry Potter to me was pretty cool, but then it ended, and I never thought the movies were that great compared to the books. standalone, they'd be great, but knowing what they're based off of, then ye. [/noPeevesIsAnUnforgivableSin]

luckily, it's still better than Twilight.

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 18, 2010 22:29:08 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I.
AM.
GOING.
TO.
WATCH.
HP7.
TONIGHT!!!

ojfklhsjkhfjkdhjkfhjkhajkd *fangirl epilepsy*
This user is Mod
kyozuki
Dec 14, 2010 0:57:12 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Dec 14, 2010 0:57:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Just watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader today - some MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD, but nothing you won't know if you've read the books.

Firstly, I was impressed with how well they did the movie - after Prince Caspian I think everyone was a teensy bit worried that they would take too many liberties with the story, and they have rearranged a lot of things, but I was impressed with how much they were able to keep in, especially considering the episodic nature of Dawn Treader. Rather than move the story in a different direction, they've taken all the important elements of the book and rearranged them slightly to make a more coherent, overarching narrative - the main changes being
shifting the battle with the sea serpent and the Island Where Dreams Come True to the end, combining them together for a more action-packed climax.

Eustace was awesome (and by awesome I mean he was a wet blanket who was hilariously inept while being a total ponce, before becoming a downright likeable chap at the end). The search for the 7 lords is a lot more clear and urgent than it is in the novel, due in part to the inclusion of a 7 magical swords plotline which... well, I was a little iffy about it, but it served the purpose of tying everything together and lending a sense of urgency to the movie (because you have to remember, there was no overarching crisis in Voyage of the Dawn Treader - they were just on an exploratory expedition. This is absolutely fine for a book, or a BBC serial, but in a movie... well, it could have worked, but it's not surprising that they chose to add a more tangible threat to Narnia that could be resolved by a climactic finish, especially considering the drop in interest that prompted Disney to abandon the franchise in the first place.

In short, a quite enjoyable movie, that didn't try to be "bigger" or "better" than it's predecessors, but instead just concentrated on making a movie that wouldn't leave the fans feeling cheated. Also, huge bonus points for people familiar with the series, who get to spot all the little details that they kept in, along with a pretty awesome piece of foreshadowing at the end of the movie ;)

Now to save up from Tron Legacy. It's gonna be a good summer for movies, it is...
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 1, 2011 14:27:37 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I saw Tron a few days ago, and I thought it was good. As a huge LotR fan, I am looking forward to The Hobbit. I am also looking forward to the remake of Child's Play.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jan 13, 2011 21:20:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 13, 2011 21:20:11 GMT -6

I can't say that there are any movies in the immediate future which catch my eye.
though I am interested in the sequel to [James Cameron's] Avatar, as well as The Hobbit.

but I dunno when those are coming out.

admittedly, Harry Potter was much of a passing fad for me once I had finished reading the books. still haven't seen 6 or 7A, and I'm not too bothered by it.

~Tenoko~
kyozuki
Jan 13, 2011 21:42:28 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Jan 13, 2011 21:42:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wait. Waitwaitwaaaait.

They're making a sequel to Avatar?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jan 15, 2011 13:56:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* Not due out until 2014, and The Hobbit is due out in 2012 last I heard.
This user is Mod
kyozuki
Jan 15, 2011 16:28:55 GMT -6

Post by kyozuki on Jan 15, 2011 16:28:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Mhm - date actually confirmed now that the small scare over the production team considering not filming in New Zealand is over. We had the Prime Minister actually go to meet some representatives in person and cut a special deal to keep the film in New Zealand. Because you shouldn't let the big companies push you around, but taking the Hobbit overseas? Dude, we ARE Middle-Earth. This isn't just about the economics, this is a matter of national pride. D:
This user is a guest