The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Finding The Avatar RP

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 4, 2007 22:41:00 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Simple enough! Vote (if you can) and post (if you want and/or can't vote). I'd like to see what forms of advertising work the best with us.

If you searched Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc, please tell us what key words you searched for.

If you found us through Proboards Support, please tell me where (GOAYB, Karena/Gia's Sig, Katara/Kamiya Kaoru's Sig, etc)

If you pick "other link" or "other" please tell us.

If you were referred, please tell us the username/display name of the person who referred you.

If you found us through the Wordpress or Geocities Info site, tell us how you found the Info site and/or what you searched for.

If you found us on ASN or Distant Horizon ~ What about OUR site stood out from the others?

If you found us on an affiliate link from another forum, please tell us which one.

Try to stay within the 300 character minimum. If you can't, DO NOT SPAM. The 300 minimum will be a little more lenient for this thread ~ please don't post one-word responses either. Explain your answer.

EDIT: I found this site through word-of-mouth. Karena herself approached me on another site. ^_^
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jan 2, 2008 17:25:54 GMT -6
washi
Dec 4, 2007 22:56:19 GMT -6

Post by washi on Dec 4, 2007 22:56:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hehehehehe, first to vote!!!
Well to begin with I was an RPG'er already yet I had no idea of the existence of Avatar RPG's, that's because I used only to RPG on Yahoo Forums and another Forum of this style. So it happened on one day I was conducting an investigation (seriously it was an investigation for College) I found this site and really I chose it because of all the process you must pass to RPG after all this way only RPG's who really want to RPG and put their back into it will be in.
Really the rule of no less than 300 characters was really good!!

Sincerely:
Washi
This user is a guest
Last edit by washi: Dec 4, 2007 22:59:41 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 4, 2007 23:04:15 GMT -6

Thanks for the compliment, Washi!
And thanks for the vote. Congratulations on being the first to vote (other than me :P Technically, I voted, but voting sometimes doesn't work for Fire Fox users).

Anyone else?
This user is Mod
kirusuten
Dec 5, 2007 5:24:22 GMT -6

Post by kirusuten on Dec 5, 2007 5:24:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yay!! Second to vote and to post. And I voted the same!

Yeah, Google. Up until now, I've had a hard time finding intellectual roleplayers to place myself around. Well, I thought about it, and decided to type in The Avatar Forum Based RPG, because I just forgot how to type out the entire name, and on the first page this site popped up.

I almost didn't join because I was slightly intimidated, but I decided to take a chance. And here I am. o.o;

I love it. >.>
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Dec 5, 2007 7:23:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 5, 2007 7:23:48 GMT -6

Apparently I'm not the only one to type Avatar RPG into google. My first RPG was a for Gantz on a manga message board and I got a taste for it. Since it's been dead for months I decided to find another place to feed my new addiction.
The Gantz thing was just an informal thing with no real rules so this was a drastic change. Despite not passing the training yet it's been fun.
This user is a former member
saami
Dec 5, 2007 8:01:57 GMT -6

Post by saami on Dec 5, 2007 8:01:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I actually don't think the forum I found the link here is still open. It wasn't doing that great to begin with. I was just getting into Avatar and googled up some rp's to join. I clicked the first one and unfortunately it wasn't this one. But I did find the link to this one there...I think.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Dec 5, 2007 13:14:37 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Actually, searching was what got me to make this site in the first place. I had not been watching Avatar for very long (this was back in Season 1 a couple weeks after the Imprisonment episode) and I wanted to RP Avatar, because I loved it. I searched and found one. Yes. One. I clicked, and didn't like the way it was run. So I was talking to Kanea at the time (she and I are best friends IRL) and I talked to her about it (found out she liked Avatar, too) and asked her if I should just join that one or make one of my own. She said I should make one of my own. So I did. That was October 8, 2005. Now, over two years later...

Edit: Oh, and thank you everyone for voting and stating how you found this site, because being the site's owner and creator and all, I really appreciate all the members and people sticking around, so, yeah, thank you.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 5, 2007 13:18:35 GMT -6
kirusuten
Dec 5, 2007 13:29:38 GMT -6

Post by kirusuten on Dec 5, 2007 13:29:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lol, Karena, you know you're doing well if out of all of the Avatar sites there were, we chose this one. This place is the best. See, I roleplay on another site which has more members, but even so they still don't have the activity, layouts, and the way this place is ran. I love it here.

Sooo... You're welcome. =D!!
This user is a guest
yukionna
Dec 5, 2007 17:46:36 GMT -6

Post by yukionna on Dec 5, 2007 17:46:36 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I actually happened to stumble upon Karena's World of Mythical and Magical Beings a while ago. I was a member for awhile until everyone started to leave. I was so dissapointed until I started to watch Avatar. I loved Avatar so much, I absolutely loved it, and I looked and looked for an RP site and sadly I never really found one. I was looking through my old e-mails (Never delete them) and remebered her site (I left before it was shut down) and I saw the Avatar RP board and I just freaked. So I looked and was impressed a lot, so I joined!
This user is a guest
kita
Dec 5, 2007 18:04:56 GMT -6

Post by kita on Dec 5, 2007 18:04:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I found TARP on Dogpile, I had been realy bord lately and wanted to find a good RP. I thpought "what would be the best show I can think of to RP?" Then it struck me like a Mac truck, Avatar. So thats what I typed in Avatar RP and yours was the first link.

I tried other places but they just didn't seem right. The whole one-post-per-area thing threw me off because My old RP forums just used sub-boards for all that but I decided to try any way.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 5, 2007 18:57:51 GMT -6

Just a note, if you found this on Proboards Support, please post!

(Sorry for the less than 300 characters)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Dec 7, 2007 20:01:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 7, 2007 20:01:16 GMT -6

My turn, my turn.

It all began after I was on another Avatar Rp which sadly bit the dust. I kept on coming on their just hoping that members would sign and I could RP, then I finally gave up (after seven successive drop-outs). I went on google and typed in "Avatar RP," and this one came up first. I got on and was about to leave, but then I saw the date of the first post and saw that Karena was fairly active and that it was new. I joined and have never been happier.
Anonymous
Dec 8, 2007 16:57:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2007 16:57:56 GMT -6

This is somewhat of a funny story.

One day I happened to be looking for music and I had recently been talking with a friend of mind name status-foe (dA name) about how great some of the music in Avatar was. So I was really, really bored one day and went on my computer and searched (using Google) for Avatar Music. I then went to countless number of sites and then I clicked on this site. The thread that Google had directed me to was the Songs that Remind you of the Character thread. Quickly I knew this wasn't what I was scearching for and I left.

Weeks later however I was curious as to why it had a join button. (never been to any type of proboard before or any RP site for that matter) I then remembered what the site looked like and tried to find it again on Google. When I did find it I doubled checked to make sure this was the right place. The background picture was the same, I saw the same Avatar that Katara had at the time, and I found the thread. Not really knowing much about RPing. (never did any Rping before in my life) I then joined the site.

However a few weeks later I had been getting into some trouble and felt bad that I was causing it and left the site. But then I decided to rejoin just a few weeks later since I really missed the site and it was giving me inspiration for other things. Then a year or so past and I am still here.

So that's my story of how I got here. Oh and I never did find what I was originally looking for.
irakli
Dec 8, 2007 21:43:49 GMT -6

Post by irakli on Dec 8, 2007 21:43:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I wasn't necessarily "referred", but Kirsten(I don't know her username here.)gave me a link after I heard her talking about it so, y'all can thank her for me coming here. :P

[glow=teal,2,300]*thwack thwack* 300 characters, please, and I know it's a bother..... ^_^[/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit by washi: Dec 12, 2007 18:12:29 GMT -6
akimi
Dec 19, 2007 18:10:09 GMT -6

Post by akimi on Dec 19, 2007 18:10:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I heard about this through Fu Ling (username kgal). She'd been talking about it for at least a few months now, but I never really got into role playing. Then when I started to like role playing, I'd had a different site that took up most of my time. That site was recently shut down, and Fu Ling convinced me to look around here, and it looked pretty amazing.
This user is a guest
hanabi
Apr 30, 2008 17:48:37 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Apr 30, 2008 17:48:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was screwing around on Proboards doing random addresses and while I did 'theavatarrp.proboards.com I suddenly got the idea to screw around with the numbers. so I did this.

theavatarrp.proboards.com
theavatarrp.proboards1.com
theavatarrp.proboards2.com
—-
—-
theavatarrp.proboards24.com
theavatarrp.proboards25.com
theavatarrp.proboards26.com
theavatarrp.proboards27.com

At that last one I arived on this site for the first time and I said "Omen!" and stuck with it. I found an Avatar RP that Katara was also a staff member of on an actual search, but after it shut down I joined this site full time, then went absent then came back.

Ironic really, finding one Avatar RP by Google, but sticking with the one I random addressed.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 30, 2008 20:22:52 GMT -6

hanabi Avatar
I was screwing around on Proboards doing random addresses and while I did 'theavatarrp.proboards.com I suddenly got the idea to screw around with the numbers. so I did this.

theavatarrp.proboards.com
theavatarrp.proboards1.com
theavatarrp.proboards2.com
—-
—-
theavatarrp.proboards24.com
theavatarrp.proboards25.com
theavatarrp.proboards26.com
theavatarrp.proboards27.com

At that last one I arived on this site for the first time and I said "Omen!" and stuck with it. I found an Avatar RP that Katara was also a staff member of on an actual search, but after it shut down I joined this site full time, then went absent then came back.

Ironic really, finding one Avatar RP by Google, but sticking with the one I random addressed.

Are you refering to AtlA RPG? They're still around, just at a new address. ^_^
This user is Mod
hanabi
Apr 30, 2008 20:28:43 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Apr 30, 2008 20:28:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yep. thats the RP, and Katara... 300 word post.

I had alot of fun on that RP and did a lot of cool things, but as I said, I thought it had shut down, I mean, I have been working on this site sense and have been happy.

The staff hear is great and attentive, at least Every Staff member I've met so far.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Apr 30, 2008 20:49:11 GMT -6

hanabi Avatar
Yep. thats the RP, and Katara... 300 word post.

I had alot of fun on that RP and did a lot of cool things, but as I said, I thought it had shut down, I mean, I have been working on this site sense and have been happy.

The staff hear is great and attentive, at least Every Staff member I've met so far.

That's good to hear. And, Hanabi:

Try to stay within the 300 character minimum. If you can't, DO NOT SPAM. The 300 minimum will be a little more lenient for this thread ~ please don't post one-word responses either. Explain your answer.

:P
This user is Mod
Last edit: Apr 30, 2008 20:49:27 GMT -6
hanabi
Apr 30, 2008 20:54:01 GMT -6

Post by hanabi on Apr 30, 2008 20:54:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
^..^ ... ^.,^ ... ^,,^ Ku Ku Ku...

I love to RP, I've been doing it going on 5 years now, I've come to learn stuff from it all.

I've learned how too have fun writing and how easy it is just to sit down and enjoy my imagination.

Images of cool things and such, making sure I understand the RP before I play. All this has added to Make Forum RPing for me addictive.

I'm glad I found this site, but, anything more I'd have to say would be off topic for this thread and to be honest... ... I drink tea.
This user is a guest