The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Finding The Avatar RP

kaitou
May 15, 2008 2:16:44 GMT -6

Post by kaitou on May 15, 2008 2:16:44 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have to say my finding this place wasn't an overly dramatic feat. Or a curious line of ever growing links or even a pass along link from a friend. I searched the ever popular site known as Google. I think I actually searched "avatar: the last air bender role playing game" and the first link at the top of the list was this site. How I even thought to look for and Avatar rpg is a rather interesting insight into how my sleep deprived and bored mind works.

I can't remember if I found this site before or after getting the smart idea to attempt to find a yaoi role playing site that wasn't pure smut and had an actual story line . In all likeliness it was before. Any time I attempt to just fiddle with Google and site surf I somehow find myself at least one or two somewhat interesting sites! Google is the ultimate resource for those of us who enjoy just randomly typing in words or ideas and getting results! I think there was also some searching on google for wiccan philosophy and I may have seen similarities between wiccan spiritual beliefs and Avatar and thus I would have combined my idea of searching for an rpg and Avatar together to come up with the Google phrase that brought me here!
This user is a guest
kuangphirun
May 16, 2008 18:36:45 GMT -6

Post by kuangphirun on May 16, 2008 18:36:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, my discovery wasn't all that exciting, either. I was bored one day, which is generally my reason for most things, and I've been on quite a few RPGs before, but never an Avatar one, so I said, "Why not search Google for one?" And did just so. I believe my wording was 'Avatar RPG' but don't hold me to my word. I actually looked through a few links before finding this site and deciding it was probably the best choice. I probably should get working on that bio. . . .

I hope I reach the post minimum... I *think* I did.
This user is a guest
takara
May 16, 2008 19:08:43 GMT -6

Post by takara on May 16, 2008 19:08:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I have multiple ways that I found this site. First off Katara had shown it to me many times, each time had a different skin. At that time I wasn't into the show, nor did I know much about it. I had seen it on TV before but thought nothing of it. Anyways once Katara had gotten me into watching the episodes I told her I wanted to roleplay it now and she showed me this site once more.

So of course I joined it. I've seen this site on just about all of her sites, PBS and a few other spots. I haven't decided to roleplay here yet only because I don't have time to fully commit to roleplaying plus I have to finish watching the episodes. As of 5 minutes ago, I finished Season 2. I should be starting the new season this weekend, depends on how studying goes though.

Anyways I would choose on PBS and other if I could but I can only choose one so I'll just post.
This user is a guest
irai
May 26, 2008 6:36:21 GMT -6

Post by irai on May 26, 2008 6:36:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
My brother actually told me about this place. One of the few things we agree on is that Avatar is an awesome show. I like writing and have been looking for an RPG website, so Nahari(that's what he said his username was here) told me to google The Avatar RP. And here I am. So technically I found it through word of mouth, and google. But I voted word of mouth because I never would have googled it otherwise.
This user is a guest
riorin
Aug 23, 2008 10:25:00 GMT -6

Post by riorin on Aug 23, 2008 10:25:00 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I found this by using Google This one looked more cool thanks to the layout so I decided why not. The reason I was searching Google in the first place was that I wanted to be in an RP again. I was never truly in a big one so yeah. Avatar is bigger than what I usually pick as a theme so yeah. Here I am.
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Sept 16, 2008 23:10:25 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Sept 16, 2008 23:10:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I remember it like it was yesterday...

Back before I deleted my account on PBS, I posted a "looking for" thread to find a Buffy, Star Wars or Avatar RP site. Kami (Katara, I just don't think I can refer to her as such anymore because I see her on PBS a lot more than here :P) PMed me and told me about this place, and here I am! ^_^
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jan 20, 2009 13:20:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jan 20, 2009 13:20:07 GMT -6

I kinda just stumbled in. I was wandering around an another site and then saw a link to some topsites thingamajig. This one was high-ranking, and so I clicked it. I was never one for RP sites, [and still am wondering what my fate here will be] but I decided "meh, why not?" so I joined, and here I am. Hope to get the hang of this place sooner or later... =3

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
kaiyo
May 22, 2009 12:02:15 GMT -6

Post by kaiyo on May 22, 2009 12:02:15 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Originally, I discovered this site last summer from a friend whom I met on her Avatar site. After she closed it down though, I started talking to her on IM and we were talking about other Avatar sites, and finally she showed me this one. I looked at it, read the basic rules, looked at some profiles, just looked around a little bit. My initial thought was 'this site is far to strict' but I joined up anyways. Not sure what happened but I never did anything with my first account. For some reason, I just left it alone after joining and didn't so much as think about the site again after that.

Then last week, I don't know what I was doing but something made me think about this site again. I searched on google to find the site, and I didn't have much luck in my searches. I went back through and checked my E-mails and I was actually relived that I didn't clear out the activation E-mail for my other account on here, because that's the only other way I could have gotten the link.

So basically, I found the site through a friend last year, and then again through my E-mails from my old account. :P
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 27, 2009 10:52:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 27, 2009 10:52:04 GMT -6

I guess like most others I typed in Avatar RP into google and well one of the top hits was for here. :3 I almost didn't join just because I was feeling lazy, but after finding every other forum based Avatarded RP site was either dead dying or full of morons... >_>; I decided I wasn't going to find a good community with people who are worth being around if I didn't suck it up and put some effort into it. :D so about a day later I came and actually put forth the effort. Needless to say. :D I am enjoying my stay.
This user is a former member
sugoi
May 30, 2010 10:20:34 GMT -6

Post by sugoi on May 30, 2010 10:20:34 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I was on 4kids and wanted to do an Avatar RP, but when I posted it on the site the thread didn't go through (which isn't that surprising.) It's part of the reason why I left the site to begin with. So I tried to find existing ones and I googled Avatar RP 4kids. I couldn't find any recent ones, so I just took out the 4kids part and searched Avatar RP. I clicked random links and one took me here. I clicked the back button and stopped searching for a while (I got distracted by youtube). when I came back to the google search, I clicked the link again and read the rules and FAQ and then joined. I almost didn't, I was ready to go back to google and search more.
This user is a guest
katoazule
Jul 28, 2010 4:22:18 GMT -6

Post by katoazule on Jul 28, 2010 4:22:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I just recently opened an Avatar RP board on Inivision, thought I'd google it to see if there were any others out there, and your name was on the top. So, I signed up to see what you all were about and I've decided this place is not too shabby. I do plan on making a character and RPing, I've read the rules and FAQ, so don't worry. It's late, though, and I'm tired so I'm going to hold off on the character making until tomorrow or something. Just thought I'd post a little something somewhere just so people don't think I'm a drifter.
This user is a guest