The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 11:02:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 11:02:33 GMT -6

Oh, yes

Okay guys, it's on; a new series and a relatively new world. I am totally excited and hopefully they'll get it done by the estimated date. Anybody else really, really excited?!
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 21, 2010 11:02:46 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 11:10:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 11:10:11 GMT -6

OH MY GAWD YES! I knew a new season was planned, but I didn't expect it to sound that awesome. I can't wait for that!
jabell
Jul 21, 2010 11:14:24 GMT -6

Post by jabell on Jul 21, 2010 11:14:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This sounds fantastic. Although it looks like their making some aesthetic changes (i.e. more steampunk technology), the core idea is still there. I already like the idea of Korra, so I should love this new series. Finally, something I can look forward to watching. I'm very excited. *squee*
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 11:17:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 11:17:26 GMT -6

The part that saddens me is that it says that it takes place about seventy years after the original series, thusly Aang died at a relatively young age, for an Avatar.

But he had a son, so yay! Bearing in mind that this is happening so close after the end of the series, I wonder how they will incorporate that into it.
saiki
Jul 21, 2010 11:40:21 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 21, 2010 11:40:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Eeeep!!! I seriously cannot wait to see this.

And yeah Shio that does make me kind of upset. I didn't want Aang to die so young for an Avatar, I would have liked if he lived a bit longer. But yay, he has a son!

I just really hope it's made well enough and that I learn to love it as much as I did the previous show. I'm not sure how I'd deal if it was terrible =/
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 11:55:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 11:55:32 GMT -6

Should it reek in suckage, there is always this site, har har!

According to this aticle Korra already knows three elements, minus air.

I hope the steam-punk feel is too crazy off, but I doubt I won't like it. The thing that bugs me is the name of the city, Republic city, really they couldn't just use the Mandarin word for Republic or a close derivative of it? Oh, well. I feel so giddy.

Edit: Glad to see that there exists some negative sentiment to the benders, can't believe that that whole idea was ignored in TOS. It's also a nice bit of info for the Galgori:D.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 21, 2010 11:58:56 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 12:06:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 12:06:01 GMT -6

well, to use the internet term...

I shat brix.

This is just about the thing I had hoped for. I'm so glad that Korra was a new Avatar.

and if Aang is dead after 70 years, keep in mind that it actually amounts to 182. so that shouldn't be that big a deal.

either way, I'm stoked.
~Tenoko~
yevie
Jul 21, 2010 12:18:29 GMT -6

Post by yevie on Jul 21, 2010 12:18:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, 182 isn't that long considering he spent about 100 years of it in a coma, and if it's 70 years later and Korra is in her pre-teens/teens then Aang died somewhere between 50 to 60 years later. So he kinda lives between 62 to 72... But that's my math nerd technicalities XD Considering how few people in the show seemed above 60 we can almost assume that it's actually pretty uncommon in the avatar world to live to, to old. At least, I think so... So, I would guess Aang did have a relatively long life.

But either way, wow, the show looks great. I hope they do a good job and it doesn't get canceled. It definitely sounds interesting, if not different.
This user is a guest
Last edit by yevie: Jul 21, 2010 12:20:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 12:57:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 12:57:05 GMT -6

Lol, Tenoko.

But Yu-Chi is talking about what I am talking about. Chronologically yes, Aang is very old, but not biologically. I hope his fate gets answered in the shows run. Who knows there might just be a conspiracy afoot! Eep, I can't wait to see what unfolds.

I'm sure they'll announce something come this years comic con which is starting up tomorrow. Yes! I cannot wait to see what stuff they have in store for us. I also hope that there is a comic con conference.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2010 13:00:42 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
oh. my. god. i don't really know what else to say. steampunk? yes please. aang had a son? oh yeah. more discrimination? naturally. i think i just had a creativitygasm.

edit;; i'm glad to see that the clothing & architecture has been updated. it'd be boring if the world didn't progress at all in 70 years.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 21, 2010 13:02:40 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 21, 2010 14:23:40 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I am so excited for the new series. I can't wait, even though it seems so far off. It sounds great, though. *squee*
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 14:29:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 14:29:14 GMT -6

I honestly can't wait to see what we all come up with here on TARP. I know the show will be awesome, I mean come on Bryke is involved. Herein comes my thanks that it doesn't come out until next year, cause then I will be taking mostly required electives and will be spending the days at school coming up stuff. I know I will suffer a huge fangasm when it's finally aired.

And I take it, Kami, that you will enjoy it lots. I've never seen any steampunk shows so this will be a new experience, but given that this is Avatar I know I will love it lots!

I'm liking that the show won't be following the same formula as the original, and that Korra won't be a total prissy Avatar.

I too am loving the developmental advancement. Skyscrapers, maybe cars, steam popping out everywhere, oh boy I cannot wait to see what they give us. I hope we get enough info that we can start up the RP soon. Oh, and cannot wait to see what the Southern Water Tribe looks like in seventy years time!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 21, 2010 14:52:25 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar

That's all I have to say. >_>;; I think my brain has imploded with this news.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 15:16:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 15:16:05 GMT -6

[img*]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Melundell/pwnage/korra.png[/img*]
<kami edit;; no oversized images, please!>

so, call me an Aang critic, but Korra looks pretty much like a badass. She seems almost like a Zhao-esque character, according to what I've heard about her personality. *cue OTP moment. Korra-Zhao forever ^^*

I'm frankyl glad to be rid of Aang, but the only 70 years part has me somewhat excited for some of my other favorite characters *imagines super BAMF 150-year-old Iroh*

I'm interested to see how the change in technology will go though. I'm glad it's not modern--something about that woulda killed it for me. The way I understand it, it seems like most of the rest of the world has adapted some FN technologies and then some. I want to see how that's turned out.

I'm just praying to the sweet and merciful Lord above that there is no Korra-Tenzin relationship that has the sappiness and suckage that Kataang did. [no, I'm not an angry Zutarian or anything. my shipping stances can be asked somewhere else, as they get complicated. ^^]

Luckily, using some logic, Korra seems to be between 17 and 19. that means Aang died 50 or so years after the first series. MEANING, even if Tenzin was 5 or even 10 years older than Korra, Aang would have had to have been between 40 and 50 when he had him. so ye. there's some relief for me. Korra seems way too badass to be in a relationship [see also--Toph]

Still, I love how they describe her though.

"hot-headed, independent and ready to take on the world.”
“passionate, rebellious and fearless”

that right there, combined with what she looks like, still registers her to me as a total badass. I really hope they don't dash this potential and make her some sort of idiot who is like "YAY TEAMWORK" or something. Honestly, I'll probably end up stabbing small puppies, setting fire to orphanages, drowning baby kittens, and mugging old ladies as they cross the street if that happens.

After all, as Sailor Mars says...
"TEAMWORK!?! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!"

but ye. I didn't hate Kataang because I wanted Katara and Zuko together. [Foamy is mt Katara OTP] I hated it because it was sappy, cheesy, and forced at some points. but ye. not the time or place to rant about it.

Anyhoot, I once wrote this fanfic, where it mentioned Aang's successor. She was this badass SWT chick, and the SWT was thriving and awesome again. To see that that part of the prophecy fulfilled makes me grin inside. well, that, and (like I said earlier) it made me shit brix.

so in closing, though I am unsure how well-respected or not I am here, I am going to leave with these summarized remarks.

1. Korra better freaking be as badass as she looks/sounds.

2. see #1.

3. see #2. also, be sure to reread #1.

4. Tenoko made a prophecy! woooo!

5. Remember to read #1.

Tenoko out, y'allz.
~Tenoko~
Last edit: Jul 21, 2010 20:41:05 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 15:36:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 15:36:05 GMT -6

There's a dear place in my heart for all things steam- and cyber- punk. I enjoyed the steampunk elements that existed in the original show, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the steampunk elements they incorporate here.

I am happy, as always, to see a strong female lead.
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 16:59:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 16:59:12 GMT -6

So true Tenoko. Korra has bad ass written all over her smexy body. I can't wait to see an Avatar fight and just kick ass without worrying about hurting their opponent. Thankfully now, I will hopefully get my wish. And nice job on calling the next awesome Avatar, who I already love without even hearing her.

She's really athletic looking, and I'll be honest I thought she was a guy when I first saw the picture. Then again it's just a concept art, but that being said I really do not want them to make her all thing and weird looking. Although, seeing as it is Avatar they won't do that until the later seasons.

Here's hoping that the cast will be just as awesome as TOS and that the other characters are just as amazing. What I am hoping for is some news that Tenzin isn't Katara's son because that wouldn't literally blow my mind by screwing with us.
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 17:03:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 17:03:54 GMT -6

truefax.

She actually reminds me of a fictional group of waterbenders that I created that were notorious for their badass, dangerous appearance and overall awesomeness, called the Serénes tribe.

but, my own fanfics aside, riddle me this--what's TOS?

oh, and if Korra is anything less than a badass, the wyhole bit about kittens, orphanages, puppies, and old ladies will all come true.

the Korra series seems like something that the fandom is either gonna OMG LURVER or ZOMG HATE.

there is no in between. it's either gonna make or break it.
~Tenoko~
Anonymous
Jul 21, 2010 17:12:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2010 17:12:55 GMT -6

TOS-The original series.

True, but most things tend to do that to the fandom, except for that one movie that came out.

Already, I love her. If she is a far-cry from Aang then I will forever love them. And I can't wait for her to start kicking ass and taking names as she makes her way to the still horribly sounding "Republic City." I pray that that is just a working name, and someone changes. I also pray that there will be an announcement and further info come this years comic con, and that it is released next year because I don't think I could handle waiting much longer. It hurts.

I hope the fan art is good, they literally said, hey do what you want now! She hasn't got a face! Damn, I wish I was a better artist.
yuna
Jul 22, 2010 13:23:56 GMT -6

Post by yuna on Jul 22, 2010 13:23:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
ZOMG! I can't wait!!

And here I thought that 2011, as apposed to the end of the world *cough, 2012* was going to be a bad year... BUT NOW... -glomp attacks Korra-

I'M SO STOKED ;D

: hehe that clip was my initial reaction when I first heard the news, and then this happened... JUMP

@tenoko & Shio: you guys made this thread for me xD EEEE excited!

AND YES! A bada** woman! FINALLY [: ... who's on the side of good.. not evil -glares at Azula- eh, she's probably dead too (sick sarcasm folks)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2010 14:49:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2010 14:49:30 GMT -6

Looks good, and everyone keeps saying aang died... uuhmmm no one said he died.... they only said that Korra was trained by his SON, meaning he is not necessarily dead.