The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 22, 2010 15:16:07 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
genbai Avatar
Looks good, and everyone keeps saying aang died... uuhmmm no one said he died.... they only said that Korra was trained by his SON, meaning he is not necessarily dead.

The reports also say that Aang will be Korra's mentor like Rokku was for Aang. =]

also, THINK about it. If Aang isn't dead, why would the Avatar cycle continue? Your soul can't be reincarnated if your earthly container hasn't expired.

Logic, lol. =P xD
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 22, 2010 15:25:27 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2010 15:38:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2010 15:38:14 GMT -6

yuna Avatar

@tenoko & Shio: you guys made this thread for me xD EEEE excited!

AND YES! A bada** woman! FINALLY [: ... who's on the side of good.. not evil -glares at Azula- eh, she's probably dead too (sick sarcasm folks)

hey, I try. ^^

and you want badass women? perhaps you should read my novel. =)

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2010 17:13:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2010 17:13:22 GMT -6

Yeah, Kami is right. The only way for the Avatar cycle to continue is for the previous Avatar to die. Aang be dead, and according to an interview the creator have stated that Tenzin is indeed Katara's kid, damn, I was hoping for a mindf#*k.

However, if what Aunt Wu said is correct, then Katara should be alive because she won't die until her great grandchild or something is born.

I'll enjoy the cameos our GAang will most likely eventually make, and also to see if anyone picked up Sokka's space sword or boomerang.

EDIT: HD PIC!
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 22, 2010 17:26:50 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2010 19:25:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2010 19:25:20 GMT -6

well, keep in mind that it's only been 70 years. we've had crazy fools [Bumi] live to be 112 by regular means, and so that would only put our heros at 80. I'm frankly crossing my fingers for a massive 80 year old Toph jacked and on steroids, as well as an ultra-BAMF 130-year-old Iroh.

of course, I don't expect it to happen, but I can dream, yo.

~Tenoko~
saiki
Jul 22, 2010 19:29:05 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Jul 22, 2010 19:29:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think I'm rather excited to see what Tenzin looks like. I hope he's a fair mixture of both Aang and Katara, because if so he's going to be HOT! Hehehe =)

It's going to be so weird to see them as older versions of themselves. Hopefully Sokka and Suki have babies too xD Korra looks like one awesome lead character, I can't wait!

@shio- that HD pic literally made me drop to the floor =P
This user is a guest
suyami
Jul 31, 2010 23:11:53 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Jul 31, 2010 23:11:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Tenzin's supposedly 30, which should cross out any Korra-Tenzin romance... but not really. >.> I'm super pumped that they will be TEENAGERS. HOLY SHIT YES. TEENS. HAHAHA. Not 13 year olds. This is awesome. I am so pumped for this.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jul 31, 2010 23:13:19 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, that will be cool having the central character character be a teenager. Sokka and Katara were teenagers (14 and 15), so was Zuko (16), but Aang wasn't.
This user is Mod
suyami
Jul 31, 2010 23:25:31 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Jul 31, 2010 23:25:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I guess it was the fact that Aang wasn't that threw it off for me. *shrug* I'm just excited that Korra will be older. :D
This user is a guest
saiki
Aug 1, 2010 6:20:33 GMT -6

Post by saiki on Aug 1, 2010 6:20:33 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Agreed! I don't know, but it always kind of bothered me for some reason haha It was hard to imagine that most of them were so young even though they all looked like they were in their late teens. Ty Lee for example looked like a seventeen year old, and yet she was fourteen?!?!?!?! ???

Finally it's time for the teenagers to take over haha ;D
This user is a guest
suyami
Aug 1, 2010 11:55:38 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Aug 1, 2010 11:55:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yup! I'm super excited for this. According to interviews, there'll be romance on this show, too. Well, duh. Bryke love removed us. :D

<kami edit;; as per [rulesfaq], please do not exceed a PG13 rating when it comes to vulgarity. This includes self-censorship. Thank you.>
This user is a guest
Last edit: Aug 10, 2010 18:45:39 GMT -6
ailin
Aug 1, 2010 20:55:17 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Aug 1, 2010 20:55:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I would personally love a flashback where they show Korra being taught earthbending by AwesomeOlderLady!Toph. I won't hold my breath for it, but still crossing my fingers for the possibility. Especially since Toph is distilled awesome.

The whole concept of the steampunk Republic City is also pretty exciting. I like when they show some progression of technology and culture over decades, even if it's just a slight thing. It makes the world feel more real and less static. And I <3 steampunk. ;)
This user is a guest
yulan
Aug 2, 2010 2:34:29 GMT -6

Post by yulan on Aug 2, 2010 2:34:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
All it took were the words "steampunk fantasy Hong Kong" to get me smiling like an idiot. The concept art is simply stunning. As much as I love Korra's sexy back, the cityscape is what captured my heart... even if it is just a preliminary version of Republic City. Like thousands of other fans, the HD version is my new wallpaper. :)

Ai Lin - someone on the ASN forums mentioned a hypothetical meeting where Korra gets into a scuffle with Toph and severely underestimates her. Cue blind old lady curbstomping the new Avatar. I want to see that happen, even if it's just in a flashback. I want to see that happen so bad. xD
This user is a guest
suyami
Aug 2, 2010 13:50:42 GMT -6

Post by suyami on Aug 2, 2010 13:50:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm going to have to agree with you Yulan - I saw the art, and my heart swelled in dreamy anticipation of the creative wonder that we will experience.

I really want to see Toph as that BAMF old lady who totally kicks Korra into shape. Please. Please, Bryke.
This user is a guest
lingui
Aug 3, 2010 1:31:03 GMT -6

Post by lingui on Aug 3, 2010 1:31:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ok, I'll start off by saying it sucks that this will only be a mini series, but we have seen mini series become full fledged shows before. (Star Wars Clone Wars) But really there's three things that I'm excited to see.
1. The A:tlA universe was one that was engulfed in spirituality, and its even stated that bending is not possible without its direct correlation with energy and spiritualism. With this new look world, I wanna see how well this is represented.
2. I'm a martial arts buff, so I basically had kung fugasms every episode. The world we know and love is vast and wide open. So large environment changing battles were commonplace. Well in a city setting there is far less room to work with, so I want to see how the basic movements of each bending style should change in this new environment.
3. And lastly I wanna see just how much more awesome they can make this universe. It's a world with so much depth that it wouldn't suprise me if this isn't the last incarnation of A:tlA.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 4, 2010 15:21:24 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 4, 2010 15:21:24 GMT -6

I totally have my fingers crossed for BAMF 80-year-old Toph. that would be the ultimate epitome of badassery on earth. if Korra's personality is anything like I think it is [ADD moment--KorraxZhao forever] then I can totally see her dishing out chokeslams and facestampings to our hotheaded water tribe BAMF-in-the-making.

I suddenly just had a spazzgasm of awesome.

of course, I'm the type of person who disapproves of anything that is not badass [see also--Zuko], and conversely, I heartily approve of things badass. so ye. I'm heavily biased, but meh. I'm stoked.

EDIT/UPDATE:Myself, I am still praying to my goddess above that we will see some ULTRA-BAMF 140 year old Iroh somewhere. that would be the epitome of awesomeness in a can.

~Tenoko~
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 5, 2010 11:40:18 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 5, 2010 11:39:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 5, 2010 11:39:14 GMT -6

EDIT: post above mine got deleted, rendering this one to look like a double post.

Though you must keep in mind that this account is operated by a 19-year-old woman from New Mexico, so that may or may not have had something to do with it. It's your call.
~Tenoko~

<kami edit;; please do not make references to illegal drug usage that may be seen as promoting illegal behaviour, as per ProBoards Terms of Service; even in jest. Thank you.>
Last edit: Aug 10, 2010 18:44:01 GMT -6
nemoknown
Aug 5, 2010 12:07:18 GMT -6

Post by nemoknown on Aug 5, 2010 12:07:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I am really excited about Korra and the steampunk-ized world...I just wish I knew more!
This user is a guest