The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Non-Republic Characters?

Anonymous
May 21, 2017 9:05:10 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 21, 2017 9:05:10 GMT -6

I wanted to create a character from the fire nation / in the fire nation navy, and along with that I thought it would be cool to occasionally go back to the homeland (while still keeping the bulk of the RPs in Republic City). However, it doesn't seem like there are any RP areas for out of the United Republic, and that's got me wondering, is there a section for RP outside of the UR that I'm not seeing?

Also, would it be OK if a portion of the the fire navy (including my character) was sent to aid the police force in Republic City due to the Galgori threat, or would that be overstepping certain plot bounds?

Thanks!
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 21, 2017 11:54:41 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Hello @kumiko! Thanks for asking (:

The short answer to the first part of your question is no, we don't have any sections for RP outside of the United Republic.

The long answer is, yes but not at this time. There are two conditions that would allow for us to re-open our Earth Kingdom / Water Tribe / Fire Nation RP boards. Either a) we get more members and more consistent, frequent activity to warrant additional areas (as it is most people prefer to post in the Republic City board and have shown very little interest outside of it even within UR borders), or b) our plot progresses to the point where we do actually involve the other nations (which, while not currently at that stage, will eventually be reached). Basically, whichever of these two conditions occurs first will determine when the other nations will open up.

You're welcome to have a character that "goes home" but any of that would have to be done off-screen.

As far as your second part of the question, I will unfortunately have to point you to the Rules & FAQ, specifically Character Creation rule #4 which states we do not allow military characters. Unfortunately, allowing military characters has put strain on us in the past — too many people are interested in having high ranking officials to the point you'd think that the UR was occupied grounds again and it simply became too unwieldy to have military characters as a whole. That said I think I — as well as — would be incredibly interested in one of the "motherlands" to send a low ranking (to avoid a player power imbalance) non-military official to investigate the threat of the Six. In particular if they are Fire Nation, as in our plot the retired Fire Lord Zuko had travelled extensively with the Hunt during the war (the bounty hunter Jun, in our canon, was part of the Hunt during the AtLA era, to sort of line it up with show canon). I would really appreciate it if you would PM me and Gia (just put both of our names into the "to" field) if you're interested in that as I feel that could give our plot a great jumpstart in the near future.

I hope this helps! And I really hope you send that PM (:
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 21, 2017 11:57:14 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 9, 2017 19:39:21 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Since OP has not replied further and the rest of the topic has been discussed via PM, I am locking this thread (:
This user is Mod