The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

A Kami for Your Plots [Updated 03 Dec 2017]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 8, 2016 19:55:08 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
[PTabbedContent][PTab=Current]
Charumati
Now that spring / summer is here, Charu is finding it hard to sit still while she waits for something to unfold. Her 'nephew' has returned home to the mountains, and her young protogé doesn't take up all of her time. What will the warmer months bring? Only time will tell.

Looking for: more serious threads, especially those relating to nonbender tensions. I'm flexible on this though, so if you have an idea feel free to run it by me!

- The Champ is Here (@jeongseina)
- A Change of Pace (@yuji)
- One Day, One Year, Older (@meiling)

Ling Yao
With the help of Detective Sek Hei-ming, Ling is closing in on the person or persons responsible for the death of one of the members of her former gang. She's torn her sense of loyalty to the gang and her need of closure, and her devotion to her ... person? girlfriend? galpal?, Jia. On top of that, Sek does something to Ling's nerves, too. How will she manage both her cases and her personal life?

Looking for: anything, but please be aware if it is a serious RP, Ling will be incapable of behaving with the proper solemnity.

- Dinner Discussion (@jia)
- OPEN
- OPEN

Ren
Ren is struggling to reconcile the Air Nomads' teachings of letting go of attachments and her desire to help others. How can she, as an Air Acolyte, be respectful of and care for all living things if she doesn't get involved with the United Republic's downtrodden — somewhere she would be, if but by the grace of the Spirits. For now, she still lives outside of Republic City, but spends a majority of the week within City limits volunteering at the Temple of Koh or participating in events and tasks at Air Temple Island.

Looking for: anything. Note: Ren is a trans woman and plot involving mistaken gender identity or a 'dramatic reveal' of her birth-assigned gender will not be accepted.

- Fear of What's to Come (@renofthewatertribe)
- OPEN
- OPEN

Grandma
FEH! All this hullaballoo over the Galgori Six makes Grandma's old bones weary. Summer, her dreaded nemesis, makes Grandma incredibly cranky. Between the heat, the over-dramatic worries of the City, and the absolute lack of any apparent competence in the RCPD, it's a recipe for disaster.

Looking for: anything. Grandma is small, incredibly old, a little kooky, and would probably solemnly nod at Dumbledore's proclamation of Nitwit, oddment, blubber, tweak. Being part of her back story is not available for anyone under the ages of 50-90.

- Food is Sitting with Weather Flying (@oldpa)
- OPEN
- OPEN

Kioko
As a district nurse assigned to the Dragon Flats district, Kioko is kind, outgoing, and protective. She cares deeply for all the residents of her district, and has a bone to pick with the mucky-mucks who decided to create less than suitable housing for their tenants. She loves her job, and her ambition is to provide top-notch healthcare for everyone, especially those society has left behind.

Looking for: anything. Kioko is a passionate woman and loves nursing. She's best suited for those who would be part of her district as patients (she forms connections with everyone she provides healthcare for), but plots involving those in direct opposition to her morals and goals would be fun too.

- The First of Many (@fuhonglei)
- OPEN
- OPEN
[/PTab]
[PTab=Past: Charumati]
Fashion & Gossip (@meiling) // Lunch or Death (@akane) // Conflict () // Ideals in Charcoal (@cheo) // A Delivery in Charcoal (@cheo) // The Punching Bag (@yuji) // Lesson for Two () // Stoking the Coals (@yuji ) // Conviction ()
[/PTab]
[PTab=Past: Ling]
A Hard Day's Night (@jia) // Requiem's Child (@yawai) // Fortune's Favour in the New Year (@jia) // Old Haunts (@xian) // A Chance Encounter (@taizen) // Catching Up Over Cocktails (@katsumi) // Tit for Tat (@taizen) // Ringing in the New Year (@jia) // The Unity Party is Recruiting (@lifenghuang , OPEN) // Out on the Town (@katsumi) // Every Turn a Surprise (@jia) // Connecting the Dots (@sek) // Elementary, My Dear (@sek)
[/PTab]
[PTab=Past: Ren]
In Search of Wisdom (@johar) // Reach Out (@johar) // Love and Loss (@johar) // A New Leaf (@johar) // Stray Cat (@huimei , OPEN) // Fixing What's Broken (@johar) // Turning the Circle (@meiling , OPEN) // A Push and A Pull (@renofthewatertribe) // A New Home (@huimei)
[/PTab]
[PTab=Past: Grandma]
Friends are Baskets and Hats (@oldpa)
[/PTab]
[PTab=Past: Kioko]
None Yet.
[/PTab]
[/PTabbedContent]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Dec 27, 2017 2:58:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 9:45:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 9:45:12 GMT -6

Hey, Kami, I had to pop in at some point, I figure it might as well be now!

I know Charumati is an antibender, but I do think they'd have tons of opportunities to cross paths. Mei Ling is an avid reader, and she would absolutely read any edition of Republic Times cover to cover. She also tries to conceal the fact that she's a bender whenever possible - maybe she wouldn't exactly fool Charu, but perhaps they could still have a conversation? Plus, with Mei Ling working at the police station, she witnesses all sorts of bender-nonbender incidents (even if she's not strictly supposed to discuss them), and there is a Monks of Koh/Galgori hub in her neighborhood. I hope to have Mei Ling at least somewhat involved in the Galgori plot, wherever it may go, and since Charu is actually Galgori...

What do you think? Any chance Charu and Mei Ling would cross paths, for good or bad, either now or in the future?
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 9, 2016 20:14:24 GMT -6

@saypikapika - I'm fine with that! *ponders* What if they met by chance outside one of those newspaper / magazine type stalls, with Mei Ling gushing over her advice column or something? Charu is not immune to flattery haha.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 20:50:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 20:50:22 GMT -6

Definitely sounds like a good start. Mei Ling would love a chance to talk to "Rohana" face to face, given the subject of her column. Any chance Charu could be persuaded to get to talking about it? Mei Ling would absolutely try to pry a bit deeper than the surface, which could make the meeting go either way, haha.

If you're feeling particularly inspired, I'd be happy to concede the first post to you. Otherwise, I can get a thread started (possibly tomorrow, it's almost my bedtime, lol) and we can see where the story goes. Unless you'd like to get any more details set in place, in which case please feel free to let me know. I'm down for whatever! =]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 9, 2016 20:54:29 GMT -6

I've actually just queued up for a game of league of legends haha so feel free. (: Charu will probably be like "SOoooOOoO you like that Rohana ehh" without giving away her identity so Mei Ling will need to put two and two together.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2016 21:00:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2016 21:00:32 GMT -6

Absolutely - given how well-known Rohana is and how long she's been in the city, Mei Ling will definitely have run into people who have met the woman in charge. It might take her a moment, but I can make it work! I'll see if I can get anything pulled out tonight, but if not, I'd expect to see a thread appear in Republic City sometime in the morning. Let me know if anything else comes to mind!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 9, 2016 21:10:08 GMT -6

Sounds good to me! Dear Rohana has been around for the last... ~20 years? lol. So it'll be fairly easy haha.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Nov 14, 2016 11:46:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 14, 2016 11:46:36 GMT -6

I'd enjoy it if Michi could meet Ren after she gets to Republic City.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 14, 2016 13:27:56 GMT -6

canmom Avatar
I'd enjoy it if Michi could meet Ren after she gets to Republic City.

I would enjoy this immensely. Trans girls make the world go 'round!

I'll have to figure out something to get Ren back into RC even if just temporarily. I'm hoping one of my old RP partners for her will be available sometime soon, but if they are not I will figure out a way to get her there and let you know (:
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 22, 2016 0:26:35 GMT -6

small update for my partners: i got pokémon moon and i'm obsessed. i'll be back soon i've almost finished the game. i will likely be opening up another spot for ren and charumati when i return so get your claims in now! (@@canmom maybe?)
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 22, 2016 0:26:53 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 22, 2016 11:38:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 22, 2016 11:38:25 GMT -6

I'd enjoy that. My own copy of pokémon moon should be turning up soon, but I should be able to pay attention here too.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 26, 2016 16:11:16 GMT -6

I am done with pokémon so i should be responding to threads tomorrow! thanks for your patience everyone!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 27, 2016 21:05:20 GMT -6

Okie dokie! Tagging some folks if they want to play: @ @canmom, @shadauxcat

- I haven't heard from saypikapika in almost two weeks so I'm freeing up a slot for Charu in the meantime. I did wind up hearing back from her BUT I am going to keep this slot open for Charu as I'd like to get more RPs rolling.

- I'm willing to liquid time Ren to get her somehow into RC and/or the Island. I'm not entirely sure how she'd get there so we'd have to talk it over, but I want to get her going a bit haha. She'll still be living outside of the city / not at the Air Temple, so please make note of that if you have ideas for a plot.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Nov 28, 2016 4:54:15 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 30, 2016 14:44:47 GMT -6

Another spot open for Charu (:
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Dec 15, 2016 15:22:25 GMT -6

Updated to include Ling!
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 20, 2017 2:09:38 GMT -6

Updated with new threads (:
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 26, 2017 22:18:04 GMT -6

Updated with new threads, and I opened up another slot for Ling since the person who claimed her thread hasn't created one yet.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 27, 2017 20:19:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 27, 2017 20:19:51 GMT -6

Hey its me again and i think id like to have Taizen roleplay with one of your characters and ling seems like a really cool character for Taizen to interact with.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 27, 2017 20:23:27 GMT -6

I would love to RP with you with Ling! I'm at the tail end of a 10 day work week (2 more days to go!), but I've caught up on my other replies so if you start something tonight I can reply tomorrow morning before work (:
This user is Mod
Last edit: Mar 27, 2017 20:23:57 GMT -6
Anonymous
Mar 27, 2017 20:59:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Mar 27, 2017 20:59:02 GMT -6

all right ive made the thread its called "a chance encounter" also thanks for helping me start this characters adventures.
Last edit by Deleted: Mar 27, 2017 21:00:22 GMT -6