The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

An Evening Out (Tags: Dharini, Lykka)

Anonymous
Dec 2, 2013 20:25:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 2, 2013 20:25:42 GMT -6

Reina had been searching for a good restaurant all night when she stumbled upon a small and cozy looking Earth Kingdom place. As the door opened and a couple of young men stepped out with their dates Reina couldn't help but smell roast duck and mango sauce. Her stomach rumbled as she savored the aromas. I might as well, she thought to herself. Reina needed a quiet place to fill out her applications but she couldn't do it on an empty stomach. She pulled the door open and walked over to the hostess station and waited to be seated.
A polite young woman in an Earth Kingdom kimono quietly led her to a booth a few moments later. Reina noticed that the table was far too large for just one person but most of the other seats had been booked up. "Can I get you something to drink before you order?" The young woman asked politely. "I'll have a jasmine tea to start please," Reina replied as she pulled her papers out of her satchel. She begin to fill out her applications while the woman went to get her tea. She was so new she had no idea if she would be able to get any jobs but she had to do something other than odd jobs around some old lady's diner for lodging and food. 
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Dec 6, 2013 10:58:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 6, 2013 10:58:35 GMT -6

Rini was starting to realise that her uncle not showing up or showing up late was becoming a pretty bad habit. As she sat on her own at one of the tables and was doing her best to look like she was sitting on her own. That she didn't mind but she didn't really like the idea of having to go back home on her own.
Sure the evenings were light and it wasn't that far away but still, with everything that'd been going on lately it just didn't seem safe.

She took a few more sips of her tea, wondering just how long she could stretch out drinking it before her uncle showed up, despite the fact she really did want some dinner. She noticed the sound of the door opening and had looked up expectantly only to realise it wasn't her uncle.
Anonymous
Dec 7, 2013 20:14:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 7, 2013 20:14:39 GMT -6

Today had been an oddly hard day at work. For some reason, lots and lots of people had decided that now would be a good day to buy flowers. Now, Riku was not about to complain about doing some good sales, because it would be kind of nonsensical. But he'd give anything to get over the tiredness and emptiness of his stomach. He'd been so busy that he was not able to get anything to eat since breakfast. His body was craving for rest and sustenance - as well as perhaps a bit of comfort, because it was not easy to let go of so many of his plants in so little time. So, as soon as he was done counting the day's income and doing the inventory, he decided to head out and have something good to eat. Maybe even celebrate.

For once, he felt like eating Earth Kingdom food again. So after heading out, he tried to go back to Jen Fiae's Cuisine, but couldn't for the life of him remember where it was. Oh well... It wasn't the only Earth Kingdom Cuisine restaurant around anyway. Besides, his body didn't feel like it was going to allow him the luxury of searching for it too long. At one point, his stomach growled in a 'now or never' fashion, and feeling like he was about to pass out or otherwise be paralyzed, the young florist doubled back to the last restaurant sign he'd spotted and decided to go in.

It was a rather small place, but at any rate it smelled just right for his stomach. The green and yellow lights were a little off putting at first, but then reminded him of the inside of his shop when the first rays of light came through the windows in the morning. And there was also this friendly atmosphere surrounding him thanks to the smooth sounds of people eating or whispering their conversations. If he were able to have any second thoughts about this place, he wouldn't even look for a reason to have any - but screw it, he was too hungry anyway.

As he walked a little further into the establishment, his black eyes noticed a Water Tribe figure that he was certain he knew. He had to stare for a few seconds before realizing it was none other than Reina, the Southerner he'd met the other day in the same kind of restaurant. 'What a small world we live in...' He thought, the corners of his mouth slowly forming a smile. The young florist pondered the opportunity to go sit with her, but he wondered if she would be okay with it, considering last time and his "reluctance" to talk about himself. Some people could feel put off by this vibe of his.

At that moment, he noticed on the other side someone else that he knew. Dharini was sitting at a table not much further, on her own. It made Riku wonder if she was waiting for her uncle again, although in his opinion there were few chances of the same situation happening again. "Well, I'll be..." He said to himself, not sure what to do, which table to choose. So he just stood there, and waved at the two girls - feeling slightly dumb doing that.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 7, 2013 20:15:34 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 7, 2013 23:39:55 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 7, 2013 23:39:55 GMT -6

Reina looked up just in time to see Riku waving at her. She looked over her shoulder and noticed that he was waving at Dharini as well. Reina stood up and gave him a warm smile as she walked over to him. "Riku!" She exclaimed. "What a nice surprise. Come sit with me, perhaps Dharini can join us as well." Reina placed a hand on his upper arm and took another look at his eyes. She still had no idea why they were black. He was clearly a Water Bender but black eyes made no sense. Maybe tonight would be the night she would find out.

As she waited for Riku's response to her invitation Reina looked back over her shoulder and gave a pleasant smile and wave to Dharini. She hadn't planned on eating with anyone tonight but it would be a welcome distraction from all of the work she doing to get a job at the police station. Her stomach gave a subtle growl as she noticed a waiter setting out a decadent meal for a young couple. She blushed a little before looking back at Riku and putting her hand over her stomach. Perhaps it was just her imagination but Reina thought that she saw the same discomfort that she was feeling in Riku's eyes. Perhaps he was just as nervous about making friends as her?
Anonymous
Dec 8, 2013 12:58:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2013 12:58:58 GMT -6

She'd looked up when she'd heard the sound of the door opening.
Nope, she had thought with a mental sigh, still not him. Although she did recognise who came through the door and that he recognised her due to the fact he did wave in her direction. She did so in response, wondering if she should invite him over to her table or if he was here to meet someone else.

Then she heard that, Reina was there. Somehow Rini hadn't noticed her when she'd come in, but she waved warmly in response. Rini stood up, "Oh hi, I wasn't expecting to see you here."

Anonymous
Dec 8, 2013 18:06:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 8, 2013 18:06:26 GMT -6

Perhaps Riku should have expected to be welcome at Reina and Dharini's table again. "Alright. I'll sit with you girls. It's my pleasure." He replied with a warm smile, looking at Reina and Dharini in succession. It didn't seem like they could notice his starvation state, he was trying to do a good job hiding it. Eventually, he heard the faint sound of a hungry stomach, which made him wince a little in fear that it was him, but then realized it was coming from Reina's stomach and not his. Seeing her starting to blush made Riku take note of how uncomfortable this situation really was, and he prayed with all his might that his guts wouldn't betray him in this semi-crucial moment.

"I'm glad to see you two here. Yet another chance meeting, we need to start planning these things, right ?" He said jokingly, trying to keep his eyes locked with the wood of Rini's table in order to avoid accidentally spotting food - which would probably make him drool and then pass out. Somehow, it had become increasingly difficult to focus on anything but the scent of all those meals ever since he noticed the girls, compared to when he first stepped inside. "It's the second time I decide to go eat at a restaurant, and we three met on both time. How crazy is that ?" He started rambling, letting words cloud his sense of smell. "Tonight, I don't feel like waiting forever for my sheep pig meal, though. I'm gonna go straight for the roast duck."

"But wait" The young florist suddenly said to interrupt himself, stopping in the midst of a move as he was about to take a seat. "Am I intruding ? You two might be waiting for people, for all I know. I don't want to be a nuisance."
Anonymous
Dec 9, 2013 19:07:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 9, 2013 19:07:35 GMT -6

"I'm having the roast duck too! It looks like we are all full of coincidences tonight!" She said with a small laugh. Reina couldn't help but notice that Riku was looking at anything but her and Dharini. Perhaps they had upset him? Or had they made things awkward at the last dinner? To distract herself Reina nudged Riku in the shoulder. "Hey, you never did finish telling us about where you grew up." Reina looked over just in time to see her waitress setting her plate down and her stomach let out another faint growl. As Riku continued talking Reina couldn't help but feel a little bit better about her own awkwardness. 
Reina smiled at Riku's normal chattiness. "It's no intrusion for me at all, I'm just working on those pesky applications again," Reina replied trying to make it sound like she wasn't too upset about not having a job yet. She looked back over at Dharini and the thought crossed her mind that perhaps she was waiting on her uncle again. "What about you Dharini?" She asked politely trying to make sure she didn't just pull her into something uncomfortable. 
Anonymous
Dec 11, 2013 14:23:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2013 14:23:17 GMT -6

Rini tried not to pay too much attention to the smell of roast duck as she saw the plate being put down. She'd wished she'd ordered some for herself but she didn't quite have enough yauns of her own to do so... And so she'd gone with ordering noodles again.
"Yeah, I'd like to hear the rest of that story," Because honestly, she was still no closer to finding out about his unusual eye colour and she really wanted to know.

She was still standing, feeling as if she shouldn't take a seat just yet as that would seem somewhat rude she shifted for a moment at Reina's question, Rini couldn't think of a convincing excuse to cover up her being here alone "No, I'd love to eat with you again... since my uncle seems to be running late... again."
Anonymous
Dec 12, 2013 19:09:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 12, 2013 19:09:06 GMT -6

There was a hint of disappointment in Riku's voice when he replied "Oh..." to Reina and Rini's insisting on hearing the rest of his story. He'd dreaded that request a little when he first saw them, since he'd managed to kind of change the subject for good last time. It was going to be a little more complicated at the moment, though, considering he was in a weak and vulnerable state. It would have definitely helped if they'd both had something very important to do instead, but much to his dismay, nothing seemed to matter other than satisfying their curiosity. "Oh well... It's not really a good story, at least not one I usually talk about." He said hesitantly. Most of the time, that reply made others feel odd, because they didn't want to intrude on his life or to make him feel sad... but then he felt bad for making them feel odd. Besides, it wasn't that terrible, since it had a rather happy ending for him.

Riku let out a sigh, trying to find the right kind of resolve to help him tell the story. It would probably have been easier to tell them his parents were Swampbenders, but he was worried about the questions that would arise as a result... And now he couldn't embellish the story at all. But after a minute of utter silence and awkward glances, he let out another sigh and stood up. "Alright, I'll tell you. But after I wash my hands. I keep feeling like they're dirty, today." He stated while showing his particularly clean hands - he'd been washing them all evening, ever since coming out of his shop. On his way, he didn't forget to tell a waiter that he was ordering Roast Duck, just in case.

Once in the bathroom, he let the water flow onto his hands, staring at the drops of water bouncing against his skin and falling into the sink. It felt a lot like his life, in a way. He was just a droplet of water that had bounced off the hand that was his family's lifestyle and found a place that was more suitable for it, namely the sink. And thinking about how his former lifestyle was hot enough to make him eventually disappear was making him... think this metaphor was about to fry his brain, and that perhaps a bit of tai-chi would help him better.

Coming back out the bathroom, the young florist was a bit surprised to see that his meal had been set on the table. It was both astonishing, to have been able to provide so fast, and also a bit disturbing, because he wasn't sure how long he'd remained in the bathroom anymore. The whole water on the hands thing might have made him lose track of reality for too long... At any rate, the young man walked back over there and sat down, feeling a little stiff around the neck, shoulders and the back. "Uhm, so... I don't think I mentioned- no, I actually didn't want to say it before, but my mother was... or rather, both my parents were Swampbenders." Riku said with a faint smile, looking into Reina's eyes and then Rini's, a shy look behind his black eyes. "My mother told me that our tribe was born a very long time ago from Southerners who decided to make a swamp their home. But I've never been there, so... yeah. Anyway, many years ago, my parents and some of their relatives decided to travel to Republic City, and they eventually had me. A-"

He muted himself instead of proceeding. They had not explicitly asked yet, so he wouldn't say more. Picking up his chopsticks, he instead started digging into his meal.
Anonymous
Dec 12, 2013 21:05:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 12, 2013 21:05:18 GMT -6

Reina's eyes grew wide at Riku's admission. She had to contain her look of shock as she scooted her way into the booth. "So they weren't just stories?.. I mean about the swampenders," Reina said in astonishment. She had never met a real swampbender. She had just heard the stories her people occasionally told to entertain children in her tribe. She was overflowing with questions but she held her tongue. Riku had already told her a lot more than he ever had. She didn't want to make him more uncomfortable than he already must be with two girls interrogating him. Reina looked back at Riku's eyes and she now knew why they were black, he wasn't like the rest of the waterbenders in the world. She slowly cut into her roast duck, not taking her eyes from Riku.
"If you want to share more I'm interested." She stated before taking a bite. "I've never met a swamobender." Reina took another small bite of her roast duck. Her stomach began to feel normal again and she was glad that it wouldn't be rumbling anymore. Her mind was racing a million miles a minute with curiosity about Riku. Were there more people like him? Did he intend to visit the swamp his ancestors came from? Had he actually used swampbending in a fight? She had to stop herself from bouncing like a little girl as she waited to hear some more about him. Reina took a sip of her tea and a deep breath so she could avoid getting ahead of herself and embarrassing poor Riku.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 12, 2013 21:06:59 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 15, 2013 17:44:30 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 15, 2013 17:44:30 GMT -6

When he went to wash his hands, Rini had a bad feeling that maybe she shouldn't have asked him to tell more. It seemed like it was something he wasn't comfortable talking about.

She really needed to think more before she spoke. And she thought about shutting up for the rest of the meal and just looking at her noodles, although really that wasn't a good idea she guessed.

But he came back, and he started to speak, and it seemed like he was as worried about their reactions to what he had to say.

swampbender... She thought, she racked her brain a little bit. She was pretty sure she'd never heard of that before. Maybe she'd ask her grandparents later.

"Oh," Rini said, hoping that her 'Oh' didn't sound rude. She wanted to know more, but she also really did notice he didn't want to talk more about it.
Anonymous
Dec 17, 2013 13:03:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 17, 2013 13:03:29 GMT -6

Well, their responses were rather positive. It was probably the first time he ever told his story to someone, and he wasn't even finished yet, so this kind of feedback was good to him. And yet, all things considered, Riku couldn't help but dread their reaction when they heard the rest of the story. Something was telling him they wouldn't want to keep having dinner with him - he wasn't so sure he'd be able to eat anymore after he was done with the story.

Riku let out a chuckle after Reina mentioned how she'd "never met a swampbender before". His first thought was that she probably had, but didn't know it. His second thought was what he told her next. "You're better off, believe me." And then he took another bite of the roast duck. If his memory had not been racing around the corners of his mind at the moment, he probably would have stated his delight for the food. But instead he decided to keep explaining. "I never knew my father - I don't know if I said that before. I only met him once, when he got out of jail, just before I left home." The young florist said. The echo of what he'd said made it sound worse than he'd imagined, though, so he tried to give more details afterwards. "I left home because I didn't know how they'd react learning that my dad, their former leader, was now part of another gang, you see..." He spoke, while making hand gestures to emphasize the split that he was referring to. '...Isn't that even worse ?' Riku cleared his throat and tried one more time to clarify "Be-because, all my swampbender peers are in a gang, you see. My father started it, but he got caught before I was born, so my mother took over and made us a bigger, better gang."

With the sound of his voice gone quiet, Riku could once more realize how bad his words made it sound. He wasn't sure whether the exploding part of this bomb-statement was the "us" he'd used, or simply the use of the word "gang" twice. His eyes went from Rini's to Reina's and then to his food. Part of him was hoping they weren't going to be too judgemental about this, afterall he might not have been the only swampbender to run from home - doubtful in his opinion - and he wasn't a criminal anymo- no, he was no criminal plain and simple.
Anonymous
Dec 18, 2013 13:38:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 18, 2013 13:38:15 GMT -6

Reina looked into Riku's eyes and saw his discomfort. She placed her hand on his shoulder and gave him a kind smile. "We won't judge you," She stated. "We all have things that we wish weren't a part of us." Reina moved her hand and began to slice her duck. She was taking small bites and glanced from Rini to Riku. She wondered what Rini thought about his admission. Reina asn't in any position to judge. The Northern and Southern tribes didn't banish her but they didn't like her. She had broken every tradition possible and ruffled a lot of feathers, her family's included. She picked up her tea and took a small sip before taking a bite of her duck.

She felt bad for making Riku so uncomfortable, but she was genuinely interested in who he was. She had always been interested in swampbenders. Reina couldn't help but think about when her parents used to tell her about them when she a little girl. She had never heard anything about them being unsavory. She had mostly heard about them bending the swamp into monstrous shapes to protect their homes. She had always thought that it sounded amazing, that she wished she could do things likes that. But what did she know? All she had to base her knowledge off of was childhood stories.  
Anonymous
Dec 24, 2013 16:31:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 24, 2013 16:31:51 GMT -6

Rini was still trying to think of the best way to speak. And did realise that she had probably been stirring her noodles a bit too long and so she ended up picking up her tea and taking a few sips.

She did rack her brain a bit, trying to think if she'd heard anything about swampbenders but she was still pretty sure she didn't. She had to admit she didn't know a lot in the way of legends and other old tales, what she did tend to know was a bit fragmented since she did have three cultures to deal with. She probably guessed her Grandfather could tell her something if she asked him later.

And she wasn't sure how to react to all that talk about gangs either. Sure she knew about criminals she remembered a lot of urging to be careful in certain parts of the City and there were some opportunists back home, especially since it was a trading hub and so it was quite easy to disappear if you had a mind to do so.

But Lykka, he seemed nice and so she was pretty sure whatever background he had really didn't matter in the long run.

"My grandad always says it doesn't really matter where you're from, it's what you do." She piped up, hoping that would help.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 24, 2013 16:34:16 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 24, 2013 22:25:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 24, 2013 22:25:02 GMT -6

OOC: Keep in mind, my character's name is Riku ^^

He took a few mouthfuls of rice, looking for the right thing to say in response to their reactions. And also because if he kept speaking instead of eating the rice would let it get cold. He could probably make do with cold food, but... well, it was probably just out of principle. When he finally found something to say to the girls, he put the bowl of rice back down and smiled at them. "I'm glad to hear you girls say that, because you're the first people I've told my story to. And after running away, I did find something I liked better and poured my whole into it." He stated, feeling a little more confident, now.

The young florist sat back against his seat, staring at the level of rice in the bowl. "I won't lie, I have sometimes felt guilty about abandoning the gang. It was easy, because I have no brothers and sisters, but they were still family to me and I grew up among them. They deserved better from me, like an explanation." He said pensively and honestly. He had yet to realize how glum the mood was getting. A little more and he might shed a tear or two, in fact. That was not the intent here, though, so he chimed a second later. "Oh well, I'm a much better florist than I was a gangster anyway. Swampbending is much more practical for treating plants than for hurting people. And more profitable - for everyone, that is."

With a smile, and a renewed confidence, Riku clapped his hands and then rubbed them together. "That gave me an appetite for two !" He suddenly said, grabbing the bowl of rice in one hand and munching on it like an animal, complete with grunts and spilling rice on himself. When he lifted his head a moment later, there were bits of rice covering the corners of his mouth, which added to the sense of peace he'd found again, as well as to his naturally carefree look. "So, Dharini, where are you from ? I mean... your grandfather, I guess. What can you tell us about him ?" The young Waterbender said, feeling it was time to show interest in others in return.
Last edit by Deleted: Dec 24, 2013 22:25:40 GMT -6
Anonymous
Dec 27, 2013 9:23:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 27, 2013 9:23:58 GMT -6

(Whoops my bad)

A florist?That really is a big change Rini thought at Riku finishing up his story. as she started to eat some of her noodles, realising that they'd probably be getting cold before too long, and that would've been a waste of the little yaun she had to hand at the moment.

She tried not to pay too much attention to how he ate that bowl of rice, yet again feeling just a bit out of place on how to react.

"Oh," She began, after finishing a mouthful of noodles. "He worked as a healer for quite a while, then he ended up moving to the City where he ended up meeting my Grandmother, her side of the family is where I get the earthbending from." She said with a slight smile. "And then he retired from the healing side of things, well mostly retired, he still sometimes helps people out.... ten years ago?" She said, trying to remember what she had been told since of course, this had happend when she was quite young, "And since then he's been helping my grandmother with her pet shop," She wondered about mentioning her dad and by extension her Fire Nation ancestry too, but that would probably come up later.
Anonymous
Dec 27, 2013 22:38:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 27, 2013 22:38:39 GMT -6

Reina flashed a large smile at Rini. "Your grandfather was a healer? That's so cool. Not many men take on that job." Reina began sipping her tea again as she glanced around the restaurant. A lot of the people had cleared out, probably because it was getting so cold out since the sun had gone down. Reina was glad to be inside and sipping warm tea with her friends. She turned her eyes back to Rini. "So, what do you do?" She asked Rini before taking a bite of her roast duck. Reina had eaten dinner with Rini before but she realized that she had never really had a chance to get to know her.
Reina hadn't really gotten to know many people in the city. She was bad at making friends, but she knew that things were better so far in Republic City. She hadn't tried to push anyone away or run into any trouble other than a couple of anti-bender sympathizers. Reina moved her plate away and rested her head on the palm of her hand. She hadn't felt this relaxed in a very long time. She was glad to finally have some time away from the stress of finding a job and getting settled in.
Anonymous
Dec 28, 2013 15:52:49 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 28, 2013 15:52:49 GMT -6

"Yeah, so I heard.... my mother can't bend but he taught her some non bending based healing." She'd remembered her mother trying to pass the skills onto Rini, but it hadn't gone too well. She found she got muddled easily and forgot the names of things or formulas and she dropped things and couldn't remember things and so trying to teach her had stopped pretty early.

"Oh, I mostly help out in the petshop, and train with my uncle" She said after taking a sip of her tea, which thankfully was still pretty warm. She'd never really hung around with people older than her before, and this was the second time she'd ended up being out quite late, or at least late for her and she was actually quite pleased with the fact that Reina and Riku found her interesting enough to talk too and hadn't just brushed her off as some dumb kid.
But then, she guessed out in The City people tended to grow up quicker than where she'd come from.

"What about you Reina?" She asked, interested in what the older girl had to say. Before she took some more of her noodles.
Anonymous
Dec 29, 2013 8:09:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 29, 2013 8:09:43 GMT -6

Riku cleaned his face a little, then he continued eating the roast duck using his chopsticks while listening to Dharini's story about her grandfather. It was the first time he'd heard about a man knowing healing arts, and it was blowing the young florist's mind. He'd most likely have favored learning healing back in his childhood rather than all this offensive waterbending. It made him wonder why they didn't have anyone among them who could heal, considering how handy it was - he'd have been the one if he could. Perhaps it wasn't too late for him to learn, though... At any rate, it was interesting to find out how Republic City had always been as appealing a place for Waterbenders as it currently was. And here he had three examples to prove it - Reina, his own parents, and Rini's grandfather.

His hand missed his mouth while feeding him a piece of duck when Rini said when was training with her uncle. It sounded obvious that they were training in Earthbending, but Riku couldn't help but wonder if there wasn't a bit of probending on the side as well. But it wasn't really important right now, so he might ask about it later if the subject of her uncle came back up. Biting on the renegade piece of duck, Riku smiled at the two girls hoping they hadn't caught his clumsy move.

Now it was Reina's turn to talk about herself. "Yes, what brings you to Republic City ?" Riku said after Rini asked "I've been wondering since last time, about how a warrior from the south ended up coming here after going to the North."
Anonymous
Dec 29, 2013 11:30:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Dec 29, 2013 11:30:53 GMT -6

Reina set her fork down and took a deep breath. "It's a long story," She said with a bit of an embarrassed laugh. "I was born and raised in the Southern Tribe. My parents had come from the Northern Tribe and expected me to be a healer, like most women with bending abilities in the north. I wanted to fight though." Reina paused for a moment to take a sip of her tea. "They didn't like it. They caught me sneaking out at night to practice offensive bending on some ice dummies I had made. After that they shipped me off to the north to live with my aunt and uncle, they thought that would calm me down and make me appreciate healing."
Reina looked from Riku to Rini for a brief moment trying to gauge their interest before continuing. "Needless to say, I learned to appreciate healing and I learned from the best, but my aunt and uncle got tired of me getting in trouble and I still wanted to be a warrior, so they sent me back home and my parents finally gave in and let me train with the Southern Warriors for a few years." As Reina finished her story she gave a slight smile as she thought back on her time with the warriors. "Right now, I'm just looking for a job here, I didn't fit in anywhere in the Southern Tribe, so I decided a change of pace was needed." Reina finished her tea and leaned back in her seat, satisfied with good company and a good meal.