The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[OPEN] A Midsummer Night('s Dream)

Anonymous
Nov 1, 2013 20:25:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 1, 2013 20:25:58 GMT -6

Riku rolled his eyes a little. A smooth line ? No, he wasn't trying to hit on her !... Or was he ?- No, tonight was too weird for this kind of mood. "I... actually noticed you had brought paperwork with you, so I thought maybe you were used to coming here and doing what you do... That's all." He said with an innocent and honest voice, before looking over at Ao as if to say "It is, it really is". But this whole confusion was kind of funny, and in a way Riku was taking that as a compliment: he was being offered another chance. Not that he planned on using it, since from the beginning he'd only had eyes for the tart.

With his free hand, he pointed at himself "My name is Riku." He introduced himself, before pointing at his friend. "And this is Ao. We just met in front of this restaurant and thought about trying the food here." Riku then thought about explaining how the situation got to him almost shouting in the restaurant, but it would definitely be a drag, and might even get confusing. He probably would if she asked, though. Glancing away from Reina, the young florist noticed that the younger girl they'd talked about upon entering was paying a lot of attention to them. Either that or she was trying to see something that was behind their table. The thought of her cuteness from this distance did cross his mind, but the pain in his leg brought him back to reason.

Reina was now offering to heal it with her bending, something that Riku was craving for so much that he nodded several times at the same rate as a pigeonchicken flapped its wings during takeoff. "I couldn't say no to a healing session, I find that so cool... No pun intended." He stated, thinking of how his mother could never have taught him something like this, considering her background. It was so beautiful, though. His eyes locked with hers, a smile accorss his face. "I think I've only been healed once in my li- wait !... Is it really fine if you just heal me like that ? I mean we barely know each other, and we're in the middle of a restaurant, my friend's here watching, our orders will be brought soon, and..." The young man began backing away from the situation. There was just so much he was taking into consideration, even though he usually ignored those kinds of details.

"Wouldn't it be simpler to... wait, or something ?"
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Nov 2, 2013 1:18:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 2, 2013 1:18:54 GMT -6

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Riku," Reina replied.She then turned to Ao and gave a warm smile. "A pleasure to meet you as well." As Riku began to talk about healing Reina noticed a spark of fascination in his eyes. Nobody had ever seemed that enthused, or apprehensive when she offered her healing abilities. A slight smile played on Reina's lips as she searched his eyes. He seemed to have a genuine appreciation for the intricacies and the personal element involved in the healing arts. "My parents sent me to the Northern Water Tribe for a while to learn healing arts," she stated in a measured and smooth voice . "I have professional level training. It would only take a moment, but we can wait until you're done with your meal." As Reina said this her mind drifted back to her order and her stomach rumbled. She blushed a little.

As the waitress brought her food out Reina gave her a quick nod to set it down. "I should get to my meal, but perhaps we could talk after? You seem interesting," Reina stated with a tone of eagerness. She was still fascinated by his eyes. He was definitely a waterbender but there was no telling where he was from. What if he was like the swampbenders her mother had told her about? No. Of course not. Or was he? She was trying not to let herself get swept away in some old fairy tales that she used to hear. For all she knew he was just of mixed heritage and inherited a different eye color.  
Last edit: Nov 2, 2013 3:53:35 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 3, 2013 17:18:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 3, 2013 17:18:05 GMT -6

“Likewise,” replied Ao to Reina as he gave a light nod towards her. Continuing to stay silent while the two were talking, Ao couldn't help but feel silly. His plan of bringing a ‘boat’ over worked. Although uncertain, Ao couldn't help but feel the two were attracted to one another. It made sense, since they were looking into each other’s eyes for an awfully long time. “I’m sure Riku won’t mind if you join us, in fact – I’m pretty sure he’s more than inclined to let you join us.” Ao said with a sly smirk on his face. “There’s more than enough space for three, I’d say.” Turning to face Riku, Ao asked, “Wouldn’t you agree?” Suppressing a chuckle, Ao awaiting for a response from Riku.
Anonymous
Nov 4, 2013 17:01:56 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 4, 2013 17:01:56 GMT -6

It's rude to stare
The voice of Rini's mother rattled in her head, but she couldn't help it what was going on at the nearby table was very interesting and so she now had a vested interest in what was going on.

So, it seemed that other girl had spilled water at the person with the weird eyes who was actually a waterbender so she could find out who or what he was, and his name was Riku and he seemed to ramble a lot and it seemed like he didn't really know what was going on and the other stranger hadn't really reveled anything about himself, but he seemed to like talking a lot though.

But she also realised there was a pretty good chance she wasn't being subtle with her looking, it wasn't her forte. And so she adjusted how she was sitting so it wasn't that obvious, or she hoped so as she tried to look nonchalant and managed not to knock over anything or her chair make a horrible screeching sound that would've otherwise alerted them to her presence but then she had a feeling they probably knew she was there, wasn't exactly a big resturant.
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2013 11:42:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2013 11:42:54 GMT -6

"Uhm..." Was all his brain could produce for his mouth to say at this moment. The situation had gotten a little more complicated than he could handle, and he wished he had just snapped into a "Yes" or "No" kind of speech pattern. At this point, if he said yes it would feel like he was being manipulated into an even more complicated situation where he would struggle even harder. And if he said no, it would just be plain rude and he would be spitting on the opportunity of a healing session - his knee was still aching. In fact, it made him consider always wearing knee pads in case more tables were fond of his knees., in case there wasn't always a healer nearby.

The young florist looked at Ao back, then at Reina... And his gaze escaped off to the side again, towards the young girl from the beginning. How weirded out she had to be right now, seeing this unfold before her eyes. "O-of course, there is !" He replied after a few seconds, imagining himself immersed in water, hiding from three hog monkeys that were covering their mouth, ears, and eyes respectively "Just sit right next to me, I don't mind." He followed up, going with the flow. In fact, when he stopped thinking too hard about it, she did say that she found him interesting so he should be flattered - and act like it. Besides, he found her interesting as well, since she had healing abilities.

But first, there was something completely nonsensical that he wanted to do - and for once, it was not just practicing Tai Chi in the middle of strangers. He completely turned his face to look at the other girl, and coughed a little, both to indicate he was indeed going to talk to her, and to help let go of the uneasiness. "So... I don't know whether being invited to some random person's table is stranger than asking a random person if they can join their table, but... let's say it's not any stranger than this night. If you're not busy, I'd like you to join us for dinner." He said with a tad of shyness covering his voice, feeling a little guilty that they were making noise - oblivious to her curiosity. Why, oh why, did he have to be so... himself ? And why hadn't he noticed before ?

He turned back towards his table after a few seconds. "I wish I could go see the North, some day. I wonder if there's any kind of flower that can grow there in the cold. I've yet to see any." Riku stated, trying to continue the conversation as if nothing had happened. "Republic City kind of gets old... flower-wise, I mean. I've seen them all. I was born here."
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2013 12:37:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2013 12:37:43 GMT -6

Reina gave a large smile to Ao and Riku's invitation. "Of course! I'd love to join you," She said as she turned to grab her food. As she was walking back to her table she noticed that Riku was talking to the young girl that ad been observing them. The more the merrier right? It would also be nice to get to talk to another girl in Republic City. Reina had felt like she had only met men since she had been here. She also noticed that Ao seemed to be trying to set Riku up with a date since he was all too eager to have him invite over a few ladies.

As Reina brought her plate and tea over to their table she began to think about how she would find out more about the two men. They seemed to be an odd set of companions. Ao also seemed to be the more perceptive of the two, which may mean that he had already figured out that Reina wanted to know more about Riku's bending and who he was. She sat her plates down and waited for Riku and the girl to come over to the table before sitting down herself. She looked from them to Ao and wondered how she would broach the subject of Riku's eyes and his bending.

Reina then looked back to Riku and gave a warm smile. "I don't know if any flowers would grow there, but it'd be fun to find out," She replied as her mind drifted back to life in the Northern Water Tribe. That place was cold, literally and emotionally. She had hated staying there with her aunt and uncle. She briefly shuttered at the thought before snapping back into the present. She didn't intend to ever live there again. For now she would enjoy her meal with some strangers and find out exactly where Riku was from. 
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 6, 2013 12:43:33 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 6, 2013 16:37:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2013 16:37:58 GMT -6

Oh no... Was Rini's first thought on the stranger who she knew was called Riku turning to her as she was expecting to get told off for her nosiness.
So when it turned out he made the offer of letting her join their table (in a rather longwinded and rambling way, but still he got the point across) she was somewhat suprised.
She also realised she had actually paused after he said that, and probably for a bit too long. She blinked and then smiled, "Thank you very much, I'd like that" She tried to sound somewhat more polite than she usually did, it wasn't that she made a habit of being rude but sometimes she did it by accident and she knew she sometimes had problems picking up on how people acted and she hoped nothing like that happened with these new people.

She stood up and carefully picked up her plates from the table and walked over, she stopped and smiled, "My name is Dharini, or urm most people call me Rini," she said before she went to the spare seat on the table.

She hoped though that if her uncle did make an apperance he'd be able to find her easily enough, but then it really did seem as if he wasn't showing up so she'd make the most of meeting these new people.

Anonymous
Nov 6, 2013 22:03:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 6, 2013 22:03:37 GMT -6

“Well, what a gathering we have here today.” Ao said with a faint smile on his face. “Nice to meet you Rini, my name’s Ao.” Looking down onto the empty space on the table in front of him, Ao curiously peered around in search of a waiter bringing his meal over. Good news and bad news – it looked as if a male individual was carrying two sliced pieces of cactuses over, but unfortunately his roasted duck did not appear to be ready yet. Shrugging, Ao turned his head to face Riku and said, “Looks like our drinks are ready, hopefully the juice will be worth the yuan.”

As the waiter neared the table and placed the two drinks onto the table, Ao looked down to avoid eye contact and thought to himself, “Hopefully he won’t mind the addition of two seats at this table…”

Anonymous
Nov 7, 2013 20:30:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 7, 2013 20:30:34 GMT -6

And with that, everybody was introduced. Although it felt a little odd for the young man to have been introduced so out of the blue earlier by his comrade. At any rate, this table had gotten just as crowded as he liked. All that was left was the rest of the food - and maybe a better subject of conversation. He heard Ao point out that their drinks were on the way, so he turned to look around for the waiter bringing the beverages over. At first he was ready to smile out of satisfaction, but then he figured he'd much rather have something to eat right now - that egg custard tart had his stomach's name written all over it. Curious, he glanced at his sides to see if everything was to the ladies' convenience. But his attention shifted to the ball of ice that he was still holding in his hand. What was he going to do with it ?

Oh ! Maybe he could let Reina use it to heal his knee once they were done eating. He wasn't very good at bending ice, so there was no telling if it was going to hold out until then, but to him it felt like the best thing to do. Once his mango juice was put on the table, Riku picked it up and brought it to his lips, ready to sip it. Then the waiter talked to him. "I'm sorry for the delay, sir, but I was told that your meal was going to take more time to prepare... You see, you're the only one who ordered sheep pig. My apologies again."

The young man simply froze, cup in hand, in the middle of a sipping motion. Feeling a little disappointed - if not upset - he simply put the cup back on the table, and the iceball on a napkin. Then he let out a sigh. "At least now we get more time to talk." He said, mostly to himself. 'But that tart is getting farther and farther away from me...' It would be alright though. If he couldn't feed his stomach yet, then in the meantime he'd nourish his mind.

"Right... Let's get to know each other better. Ladies first. Reina, Rini, how long have you been living in Republic City ?" Riku asked the two girls.
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 7, 2013 20:31:34 GMT -6
Anonymous
Nov 8, 2013 18:24:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 8, 2013 18:24:21 GMT -6

Reina gingerly sat down and moved her plates in front of her. "I've only been in Republic City for about two weeks," She replied before taking a bite of her roast duck. "I'm still looking for a job and getting settled in." Reina couldn't help but feel a little self conscious about being so new to the city. "I grew up in the Southern Water Tribe and trained with the warriors there after I learned about the healing arts in the North," She added. Reina continued to eat her duck and was surprised at how much she enjoyed it. She had never had Earth Kingdom cuisine before. She thought that it would taste bland, or like dirt. Reina looked over at Rini and waited for her to answer Riku before she would start asking him about his life. Maybe she could find out why his eyes were black this way.
Anonymous
Nov 9, 2013 1:40:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 9, 2013 1:40:05 GMT -6

Only two weeks? Rini thought as she heard Reina speak, she remembered how she felt when she'd just come to the City and how daunting it was although of course in her case she had family to stay with which had made the whole process a lot easier. "Southern Water Tribe? My grandfather came from there, or well his parents did, he's mostly been in the city."

Rini smiled before she spoke, abesent mindily stirring her noodles, they smelt really good and she hoped they'd taste good as well. "I've been here about... two years. I moved down here from one of the trading hubs to live with my uncle so I could learn to earthbend properly..." She paused, "Maybe you've seen him? He's really into probending and he trains people part time, he's a pretty big guy." (And she avoided the urge to state that she was meant to be here with him now)

She was still finding it quite hard to not blurt out at Riku about his eyes.
Anonymous
Nov 23, 2013 9:12:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 23, 2013 9:12:18 GMT -6

Two weeks... That was about how much time people spent going on vacation - that's to say, not much to get settled. But Riku was rather happy to hear about Reina's background. She'd seen both cultures of the sister tribes, been bathed in them as well. It made Riku get a warm feeling somewhere inside his chest, since he would have loved to travel to either places in his teens, or childhood. At this point, even though he was still rather eager to go someday, it was too late for him. The city had sunken its roots too deep inside him... or maybe the other way around. Regardless, he was no longer as impressionable as when he was little. Biting the inside of the corner of his mouth to dull the jealousy and admiration, he simply nodded.

However, Dharini having Southern Water Tribe ancestry was not something he expected. It felt like someone had grabbed the other corner of his mouth and was trying to pull it into a grin. He wasn't too sure, but he was probably blushing at this point. While the young girl talked about herself a little more, he grabbed his mango juice and took a sip, convincing himself mentally that going all crazy about the Water Tribes was not only useless, but also not his style. It worked momentarily, and as he put the cup back Riku was able to think about Rini's description of her uncle.

"Err.. I may or may not have met him once." He told her. Seeing as he'd spoken up first, Riku was assuming it would make more sense to talk about himself, now. "I was born in Republic City, and lived here all my life. My parents moved here a long time ago from somewhere in the Earth Kingdom, I guess. My mother taught me Waterbending, and when I left home I started a flower shop business." He simply stated. "But last year, I finally entered the pro-bending tournament. And it's possible that during training sessions I met your uncle to find some advice... I can't remember, this whole thing happened so fast." He added.

And yet it was so awesome. The time of his life, without a doubt. It was too bad he and his teammates had lost, but at any rate he'd do it again without a second thought, even if the ending were to be the same. "I don't know if you heard about us. The Crescent Island Raven Eagles. Me and two girls. Well... three to be specific. Our captain had to bail and we found a replacement Firebender. I became de-facto captain, and we... lost to the Dragon Hawks. It was epic !"
Anonymous
Nov 23, 2013 16:54:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 23, 2013 16:54:18 GMT -6

Reina's eyes lit up when Riku mentioned pro-bending. She also caught onto the fact that his mother had taught him bending. "Pro-bending? That must be so exciting. I can't imagine battling it out like that," Reina stated. She took another small bite of her roast duck and reveled in the deliciousness. Since she had been helping out at the diner the old woman had been giving her lodging and food everyday but she was getting tired of the same stuff every night. Trying some new Earth Kingdom food was the most enjoyable thing she had done in Republic City yet. Reina carefully set her fork down and lifted her eyes towards Riku.

"You mentioned that your mother taught you earth bending, what tribe is she from?" Reina asked, hoping to figure something out about Riku's eyes and his past. She was so fascinated to find a waterbender with black eyes. Mixed heritage didn't explain it either. His father must have been Earth Kingdom if his parents had lived in the Earth Kingdom before he was born. She had never heard of someone from the Earth Kingdom with black eyes either. Maybe he was a swampbender. She had always heard that they had oddly colored eyes.