The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[OPEN] A Midsummer Night('s Dream)

Anonymous
Oct 27, 2013 16:10:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 27, 2013 16:10:05 GMT -6

The air was crisp and the moon was high as Ao walked on the downtown sidewalk in solitude. As Ao trekked in silence along the avenue, he couldn't help but observe the surroundings – bars and restaurants riddled the streets, and here he was – alone. Shrugging, Ao continued his path while contemplating with himself, “Maybe Zia was right – I don’t go out that often. However, after a long eight hour shift at the power plant – there would be nothing nicer than a meal then going off to bed.”

Shuddering at the thought of his own cooking, Ao began looking around for a small restaurant. “Fire Nation cuisine? Nah, I can make that … badly … myself.” thought Ao as he continued strolling down the boulevard. After a few minutes of searching for a nice diner, Ao stopped in front of a building that looked newly renovated with a sign stating “Jen Fiae’s Earth Kingdom Cuisine - GRAND OPENING” in large font.

Standing in front of the joint with his arms folded, Ao was hesitant about entering the diner. As an individual walked past him, Ao quickly attempted to catch up and tap the person behind his or her shoulder, asking “Hey – er, sir or ma’am. Do you know if this place is any good?" After a brief pause, Ao scratched the back of his head and added, "Uh - sorry if this is awkward. I don't go out much, I guess."

OOC: Sorry about taking some time Lykka, I accidentally clicked to go back during thread creation and that lost whatever I wrote beforehand.

This user is a former member
Last edit: Oct 28, 2013 15:27:12 GMT -6 | Please keep your font the standard size for uniformity. If you are having trouble reading the small font, please zoom in on your browser. - Kami
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 15:04:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 15:04:03 GMT -6

OOC: It's fine, I'm not even in the same time zone, and I tend to be busy so it was no issue for me...

What a peaceful night. The kind that the young Waterbender had not enjoyed since before the whole Equalist "event". He'd been told by his neighbor that certain shops had been robbed of equipment right beforehand, and others had been bombed out of business. Fearing for his beloved plans, the last six months had been nothing but cowering in the back of his shop at night, and gardening with eyes behind his back during the day.

But now... Riku had gotten over this paranoia. No major incident in six months, the city had been rebuilt, everything was going just fine. Even better, since it was summer, people would certainly decide to change the decorations of their residences. Which means, flower selling business was going to pick up again !!

It was basically in light of this that Riku allowed himself a short stroll around the block. A green cap on his head, a yellow short-sleeved shirt and blue shorts were the sign of a relaxed mind as he walked along a restaurant filled avenue. It sort of reminded him how... well, he'd forgotten when was the last time he'd gone out for dinner. It was either a long time ago, or it was not for an important occasion - he sort of hoped it was the latter, because the last restaurant he remembered was the one from when he opened shop. So... yeah, tonight was out of the question.

Being lost in thought had made the young florist forget about the world around him, as someone seemed to be trying to get his attention. Turning around, his black eyes met the stranger's orange gaze. For a split second, Riku's heart throbbed as his paranoia wondered if he could be an Equalist - it decided not. "Uhm... Well..." were the only words he could mutter in response for now. There was a slightly annoying discomfort, stemming from the fact that he was so deep inside his thoughts a moment ago, and had to be brought back to reality. "It's Earth Kingdom Cuisine..." The young man began saying after looking at the sign "...so the meat's probably gonna taste very good. Can't say about everything else, though. Never been to this one before."
Last edit by Deleted: Nov 23, 2013 10:37:17 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 16:25:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 16:25:19 GMT -6

Rini had never been out that late, well this wasn't really that late but late enough. Also, she had never been out that late alone.
She wasn't meant to be alone, her uncle was meant to be with her but so far he'd been a no show, and hopefully he'd show up soon because she wasn't totally sure what she'd do if he didn't.

It'd been his idea, new resturant, made Earth Kingdom cuisine, why not? Save them from his cooking for one night, (Although he wasn't that bad of a cook, better than she was) He'd joked about seeing if they made better Mango Duck than grandmother could make, and Rini had pointed out that grandmother was the only person who seemed to make that. Somehow it turned out the resturant was sort of in the middle of where he was working and where she was living, so they'd agreed to meet.

She'd taken the journey alone, it hadn't been that hard she just had to grab a tram and she'd done that plenty of times before since she'd come to the City, and it would probably be a case of that to get back home. And she had money with her so even if he didn't show she could still get some food. But so far she'd just ordered a spiced tea which she was doing her best to drink very slowly so as to drag out time. Hopefully no one asked questions about why she was there on her own.

She took a look out the window, she could sort of see two people talking, no idea who they were, but still no sign of her uncle.

She sighed and played with an errand strand of dark brown hair that had fallen out of place whilst she tried her hardest to not look like she was worried about having to go back home alone, it wasn't like she was a little kid or anything.
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 17:19:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 17:19:26 GMT -6

In Ao’s perception, the city’s booming nightlife always gave him the inference that making friends was an easy task. Unfortunately for Ao, social anxiety was always a characteristic that brought about difficulty when meeting new people. Around every corner and street, it appeared as if everyone seemed to know each other and that the populace were all socially outgoing individuals. To his surprise though, Ninuma Riku appeared to contrast his cognizance on the matter. Ao laughed within his mind and thought, “Look at that – someone more socially awkward than myself.

Nodding after the individual’s response, Ao extended his right arm and hand for a handshake before stating, “My name’s Ao. Thanks for your input.” Turning his upper body and head around to face the restaurant, Ao peered inside the window to catch a glimpse of the restaurant-goers and their meals. One individual stood out amongst the rest as she seemed to be alone, unlike the other groups of people within the diner. As Ao clutched his stomach with his left arm, he said “Haven’t eaten anything all day, I skipped my break at the power plant to meet the quota to leave a little earlier today.” Chuckling for a brief moment, Ao added, "I'm starving - would you like to join me trying something new? I’m sure it won’t kill.” Snapping his body around to face the man once again, Ao awaited for the individual's response.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 28, 2013 17:20:51 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 19:02:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 19:02:19 GMT -6

Riku had trouble figuring if he couldn't have answered that better. It wasn't really a planned answer, but it was the simplest one he could make in these circumstances and that was what was important to him. In fact, walking away after speaking is what most people in this city would have done, as lame and rude as it may sound... Well Riku was not like that. He blinked twice in expectation of the other young man's reaction, and that latter's response pleased him in the end - a nod... but that was quite enough. With a small smile stretching between his cheeks, the young florist returned the handshake with a wink, as a way to say 'You're welcome'.

Turning his head away to start on his merry way again, he stopped about halfway, realizing he hadn't introduced himself back. And oddly enough, he saw in the reflection of the window that Ao had done the same. There was also a young girl inside the restaurant, completely in heir field of vision. It was one of these situations that were totally not what they looked like, but could also seem like a lot of things. If not to make things better, Riku noticed in the corner of the window that one of the waiters was unveiling a multi-layered egg custard tart. At this point, he simply stopped thinking, and for some reason his mouth froze in place. Gluttony was a... peculiar habit.

Not sure how long passed until the dish disappeared from his sight, Riku shook his head and looked back at Ao. The handshake had lasted only a second, yet his own hand had remained in place. Nothing better to make a good impression on people - but at least he wasn't drooling, was he ? "What ? Uhm, yeah sure. I don't mind, I'm feeling hungry anyw-" He began replying, but that was not entirely true. He'd be okay with a snack, but not necessarily dinner right now. Still, one needed some friendly company on this night. Maybe it would help him get over his paranoia for sure. "So, yeah. After you. My name's Riku, by the way."
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 20:06:47 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 20:06:47 GMT -6

“Alright- let’s get about it then.” said Ao as he shifted his body’s direction to face the restaurant. As the Ao began to walk towards the building, he asked, “What attracted your attention a few seconds ago? The food? Or er – that single girl there.” Looking towards Riku, Ao smiled as he told the man, “In my opinion, she’s looks a little young – but uh, if you like to roll that way. Whatever floats your boat.” A small laugh emitted from Ao’s mouth, although probably not audible to Riku. However, if Riku was paying enough attention, he probably could have seen the condensation in the air caused by the exhale from Ao’s contained chuckle.

Nearing the entrance to the restaurant, Ao grabbed ahold of the door hinge and gestured the Riku inside first. “If you want, you can try to get us a seat near her. I won’t interfere if you want to strike up a conversation with her.” said Ao with a large smile on his face.

Last edit by Deleted: Oct 28, 2013 20:07:15 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2013 23:02:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2013 23:02:45 GMT -6

Reina was sitting at a table in the diner filling out applications for the police department when she saw two men coming in. She briefly glanced up from her work and then went back to it. She felt as if all she had been doing lately was working on trying to find a job and trying to keep her bending a secret from potential Equalists. After the gang of assailants had followed her the other night she didn't know who she could trust. As she began thinking about what had happened she started twirling some of the water out of her glass with some swift movements of her wrist. As soon as she realized what she was doing she stopped immediately and looked around to see if anybody had noticed. Her heart raced as she watched for potential equalists and she could feel her palms becoming sweaty. The stress was getting to her.

Since coming to Republic City she had put her bending on display too many times. She needed to learn to control her impulses. As she began filling out her work history on the applications she felt a pang of loneliness. She realized that it had been almost a week since she went somewhere to meet people rather than look for work. To make matters worse she couldn't even be herself if she did meet someone new. What if they were an Equalist? Reina sighed and pushed the application away and began rubbing her forehead. She wanted nothing more than to kick back and use her bending back home with her friends in the Southern Water Tribe.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 28, 2013 23:21:47 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 29, 2013 1:14:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 29, 2013 1:14:58 GMT -6

Rini looked up when she heard what sounded like someone coming in, but no it wasn't her uncle. Where was he?
She drunk more of her tea, she couldn't keep drawing that cup out, it was starting to get sort of cold and so she could probably order another or actually get some food because it didn't seem like he was showing up soon. And it was getting harder to ignore her stomach especially with the smell of an egg tart wafting around.

She grabbed the menu that had been left on the table and started to look through it, not for the first time since waiting for her uncle to show up. And yet again she read through it as slowly as possible as if doing that would somehow summon her uncle to her. But she looked up from time to time to see if he had appeared. She was waiting for the large man to appear and give her a clap across the shoulder that always pushed her forward a but and for him to do his big smile and go on about whatever had waylayed him.

The thought he got into trouble had come to mind especially with all the disrest that was cropping up, but she put that out of her mind a few times. He'd be fine, it was probably tram delays or work had kept him busy or he'd bumped into a friend.

It wouldn't be the first time.
Anonymous
Oct 29, 2013 20:05:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 29, 2013 20:05:00 GMT -6

Riku couldn't help but let out a cough at what Ao seemed to believe. Of course it was the tart, had he not seen the hunger in these black eyes ? The watering mouth ? Sensed his digestive organs getting in a bunch ?... That was not possible. "Wha- no ! Of course it's the food, I mean this girl looks way too young. And the food looked way too tasty..." The young Waterbender corrected in a hurry. "Besides, she's not my type of boat- I mean girl- I mean... I think." As arbitrary an answer as it was, there was no easy way of handling the awkwardness of speaking about girl tastes with someone you just met. At least not for Riku.

But he wouldn't mind speaking about food tastes. So, in they went with the apparent intent of sharing a meal. Riku grimaced a little at Ao's comment, noticing the smile on his face. So they were joking like good friends, now ? It suited him well enough, he didn't have a lot of friends and had not had friendly social interactions in a long while... It felt relaxing. "You- you know, even if you say that she's probably going to get spooked if two boys come over and sit near her." He said, trying to dismiss the idea any way he could. His gaze took a chance at seeing what she was doing, and of course she was looking at them as well. A gust of embarrassment hit him right in the chest, compelling him to look else where - searching for the tart from before.

A look around made the florist realize that there weren't that many empty seats around. Or rather, a lot of tables only had one seat taken. A bit randomly, Riku pointed at one of the few empty tables in his sight, only to later get side-tracked by the papers on a neighboring table, apparently replacing food. His eyes then trailed up to the face of the owner. Brown hair, blue eyes, a tan... definitely Water Tribe. And once again he spotted a tart out the corner of his eye. "That's more like it !" He said to himself with a smile on his face. "Oh... did I say that aloud ?"
Anonymous
Oct 29, 2013 20:21:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 29, 2013 20:21:25 GMT -6

Reina paused for a moment and looked up only to catch one of the men that came in looking at her. Neither of them were very tall but the shorter of the two was the one that had noticed her. His black hair and eyes weren't like anything Reina had seen on a bender before but she got the feeling that he was one. He reminded her of the stories her parents used to tell about the Swamp People and how they lived as one with their surroundings. She quickly cut her eyes back to her papers and then she shook her head. Her stress was too distracting to fill out applications right now. 

As Reina carefully stacked her papers and put them in her satchel she began to feel her stomach rumble. I should have eaten hours ago, she thought to herself. Reina gingerly picked up the menu and began to look through the food. She had never had Earth Kingdom cuisine before and had no idea where to start or what she would even like. Maybe something with duck would be good? As her eyes scanned down the menu she quickly glanced back up at the two men that had come in and wondered why they had paid her any attention.
Anonymous
Oct 29, 2013 21:47:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 29, 2013 21:47:40 GMT -6

As Ao entered the restaurant, the charming scent of food struck him. Although not visually displaying his admiration, Ao was dazed. The mesmerizing aroma from the exquisite cuisine captivated him. “A day where I don’t eat my crappy food – finally.” he thought while reminiscing about the memories of his poorly made meals. “The place looks full,” said Ao, adding, “Do you see any open seats?” At first sight, it appeared as if there were not any tables for two available. Continuing to search, Ao was able to find two different tables – one off to the side amongst the other restaurant-goers or another table nearby Rini’s table and Reina’s table.

Ao turned his head over to face Riku, “So, I found a table. But uh, it’s nearby some boats, per se.” said Ao, retaining the same smile he held outside the diner. Without waiting for Riku's response, Ao made his way towards the empty table and pulled out both of the chairs. Sitting down onto one of them, he grabbed one of the menus left lying on the table and looked up towards Riku with a now crooked smile. In an audible manner in which Rini and Reina would be able to hear, Ao sarcastically asked, with an emphasis on Riku's name, "Oh, I wonder what's good Riku?"
Anonymous
Oct 30, 2013 1:05:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 30, 2013 1:05:50 GMT -6

As soon as Rini heard the door open she looked up, only to immediatley sigh because yet again it was a false alarm and not her uncle. She now very much had the feeling he wasn't going to show up. She ignored the twist in her gut that appeared at the prospect of him not turning up, she'd wasn't a baby she'd be fine. She had noticed another girl who had been sitting here on her own who looked a bit older than she did so maybe she could talk to her?

She fidgeted, she shouldn't be to nervous.

Also, when had this resturant got so full? She could've sworn there wasn't a lot of people here when she'd come in, just how long had she been waiting? And... she closed her eyes and took a breath, she'd be fine no sense getting worked up. Even though she personally knew that telling herself that seldom worked.

She noticed the two men to walked in but didn't look too long, but it was enough to pick up that both men were older than her, and one of them seemed to be a firebender. and the other one actually seemed shorter than her, which was kind of unusual she thought. And she tried not to pay too much attention that they made a beeline for the empty sear that seemed to be somewhat near her. Or how the firebender spoke in such a way like he wanted her to hear him call out the name of his friend. Weird.

She went back to the menu, she needed to choose something.
Anonymous
Oct 30, 2013 17:36:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 30, 2013 17:36:11 GMT -6

"Tarts ?" Riku immediately responded, none the wiser about the prank his new friend was pulling on him. After following Ao to the empty table and picking up the menu, his black eyes had immediately gone through the menu looking for the list of desserts they were serving tonight. As suspected, there were lots of fruit based cakes and pies.. and among them was the one thing that had been at the center of his attention since the whole restaurant thing actually started: the egg custard tart. He was definitely going to have that at some point, regardless of the cost.

Lifting his eyes from the menu, the Waterbender realized that maybe his new pal was expecting a more serious answer, seeing as he mentioned wanting to try something new. Sure, Riku was being serious when he said Tarts, but his gluttony wasn't the same as another's. So he straightened up on his chair, cleared his throat and tried to act more reliable "I mean, the Roast Duck is what you'll want to go for. If you've never had Earth Kingdom food before, then that's kind of the basic stuff. If you have, then you know that meal has 'Earth Kingdom' stamped all over it." He explained "And that's coming from a Sw- I mean... a Waterbender."

As if trying to ignore what he had just almost said, Riku slammed the menu down on the table with a grin and started poking a random line on it with his finger. "Now, if you're really up for a food trip, look no further !! The- err..." He paused a moment, glancing at what he was poking on "The grilled chicken pig is like the king of Earth Kingdom food. It's... the Earth Food King ! Or Earth Dish King ? Whatever- you try this and you'll want more, I guarantee ! But you might no longer have a stomach for it. It's less strong than Komodo Chicken, but it's got a tenderness that'll relax your gut and fill it for the entire night !!"

The young florist was almost panting after this. He might have shouted a little just now too, out of excitement. What he'd said was - possibly - accurate, but the weirdest thing was that the whole time he imagined talking about his plants back home. "I don't know about you, but I'm ordering this... And then an egg custard tart. Is it hot in here ?"
Anonymous
Oct 30, 2013 19:15:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 30, 2013 19:15:29 GMT -6

“Tarts – eh?” said Ao while pondering about the thought of the desert. “Uhm, I’m not in the mood for sweets but the roast duck sounds nice,” added Ao as he looked through the menu for the list of available beverages. “I think I’ll have this … cactus juice. I’ve never had something like that before.”

Placing his menu flat down on the table, Ao complacently sat silent during Riku’s komodo chicken rant and waited until he was done until stating, “I think I’m fine with the roast duck.” In a hushed manner, Ao whispered, “Shh- I think you’re you might be disturbing some people.” Containing a chuckle, Ao leaned back onto his seat. Scanning left and right for a waiter or waitress, Ao raised his hand when he was able to spot one strolling by.

As one of the restaurant employees neared the table, Ao turned his head and faced the waiter. “I’ll have the roast duck, please. Along with this er – cactus juice,” said Ao to the waiter. Now looking towards Riku, Ao nodded his head up slightly towards Riku, indirectly signalling him to call out his order. "And no - I think it's quite moderate in here. Maybe you're feeling hot because you're used to the cold air while you're out fishing on your 'boat'." Said Ao, once again speaking with extra enunciation on a specific word.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 30, 2013 19:16:28 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 30, 2013 19:58:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 30, 2013 19:58:37 GMT -6

Reina watched the two men as they sat down and began to order. Wow, he's loud. She thought to herself as the shorter of the two started shouting about Earth Kingdom dishes. She was glad that he was shouting about it though, now she knew what to order. She put the menu down and flagged down a waitress. "The roast duck and some elderberry tea please," She said as she handed the waitress her menu. Reina sat back in the seat and continued to watch the two benders. She knew for certain that one was a firebender but she could swear that there was something unusual about his friend.

Reina could also swear that he had almost said swampbender instead of waterbender. But what did she know? Reina had never left the Southern Water Tribe before, they were just stories that her people told to pass the time. As Reina waited on her food she decided that she need to find out more about the two men. She stood up from the table and picked up her glass of water. As she began to walk towards their table she threw herself forward as if she had tripped and with her right arm sweeping through the air she used her waterbending to splash the waterbender's foot. As she made her self stand straight again she feigned an embarrassed blush. "Oh my... I'm so sorry, here take this towel!" Reina declared as she passed the waterbender a towel from an empty table. 
Anonymous
Oct 31, 2013 2:51:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2013 2:51:02 GMT -6

Rini was getting rather weirded out. More by the firebender, he kept saying kind of weird stuff or saying stuff in a weird way, his friend or who she guessed was his friend, not so much. He just seemed to ramble a lot.
Either way, she wished her uncle was here, what was keeping him?
When the waitress asked her if she was ready to order it nearly caught her off guard, "Oh sorry, can I have another spiced tea and the duck noodles, please" She handed the waitress her menu.
She looked around after the menu was taken and noticed that the other girl she had seen stood up and eas walking toward the table with her glass of water/
Oh she's a waterbender she realised in the split second that she threw the water out of her glass at one of the men who had come in before she tried very hard to stifle a giggle.
Anonymous
Oct 31, 2013 15:56:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2013 15:56:11 GMT -6

The young waterbender blinked a few times after hearing what Ao had said. "But... I'm a florist. I never hang around boats." He pointed out, even realizing he'd never been on a boat his entire life since he was born in Republic City. His parents probably had, though. He turned his head to look at the waiter. "Oh, I'll have... the... roast sheep pig with two rice bowls and an egg custard tart for dessert. I'd also like some mango juice, please." He said, changing his mind every minute. Looking back at Ao with a smile, he folded the menu and just added "I've never tried that. It's right down there on the menu-"

At that moment, something cold splashed onto his left shoe, and as a probending reflex he lifted his left leg up as if to avoid sliding back a zone. This resulted in his knee bumping into the table and pain spiking throughout his entire left leg. Since his hands were on the table, it didn't take much damage. His knee however was not so lucky. It took almost every ounce of willpower of his to not make a sound while the pain's intensity subsided, and then he turned his head towards the person responsible - who had kindly rushed over with a towel. As funny as it could seem, it was the girl he'd noticed a moment before with all the papers. Was that payback for staring at her just now ?

Riku rubbed his right eye, trying to prevent any unwanted tears from reaching the surface, and then simply chuckled a little. "It's alright, accidents happen. I'll handle it." He replied when she handed him the towel. Making a slow swirling motion above his left foot, he dragged all the water that soaked his shoe along with everything that was spilled on the ground and shifted it into a small blob in the palm of his hand... Then three thoughts occurred to him at the same time. "...Heh, reminds me of my carnivorous plants. And of probending." The dark haired bender said, relaxing a little both in mind and body.

His black gaze went to Ao, looking for some reaction, and then back at the lady. He hadn't dared say out loud 'I know where my feet have been', but it didn't change the fact that he needed to ditch that water. "So... do you come here often ?" He asked while turning the water blob into ice. with a clench of his fingers.
Anonymous
Oct 31, 2013 22:15:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2013 22:15:46 GMT -6

As Ao looked up from the table, he could see a young woman approaching his table. Curious, Ao raised his left eyebrow as he examined the individual walking over. While Ao opened his mouth to speak, he retained his silence as he witnessed the female spill her glass of water. Observantly monitoring the situation, Ao noticed the illogical path of movement that the water had travelled. “A waterbender, presumably,” thought Ao to himself.

Resting his right elbow onto the table with his fist clenched loosely and covering his mouth, Ao scanned the left and right sides of his point of view. “Didn’t seem like too many people noticed,” thought Ao, although one teenaged-looking female seemed to be enjoying herself at Riku’s expense. A smirk emerged on Ao’s face, although it was hidden by his clenched fist. Remaining silent, Ao looked upon Riku and Reina as if he watching a screenplay. "Real smooth, hotshot." thought Ao as he was musing on Riku's 'do you come here often' statement.
Anonymous
Oct 31, 2013 23:21:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 31, 2013 23:21:14 GMT -6

Reina stifled her grin into a sly smile. Come here often? She mused to herself. "Well if you're really asking, the answer is this is my first time here. If that's your idea of a smooth line, I'm going to tell you to try harder," She said with a wink. "My name is Reina, by the way," She said as she stuck her hand out. She noticed that he was indeed a waterbender but his eyes... Reina had never seen a waterbender with black eyes. Out of the corner of her eye Reina noticed that his firebender friend was watching her as well. She turned her attention to him and gave a polite smile before looking back at the waterbender. 

As she stood next to their table she noticed that another girl happened to be watching the men as well. She also seemed to be getting quite the laugh out of the water stunt. Reina would have felt clever about the whole thing if she didn't feel that both the girl and the firebender noticed what she had done. It appeared, however, that the target of her scheme did not. So in that case she would count it as a mission accomplished, although she was anything but stealthy. Reina slowly turned her attention back to the waterbender and noticed his knee. "It looks like you banged your knee up, I can heal it for you if you want," She offered. 
Anonymous
Nov 1, 2013 14:37:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 1, 2013 14:37:34 GMT -6

When she heard the sound of someone smacking their knee into a table, Rini felt rather bad for the fact she had just laughed, and so she managed to stop giggling and hoped it didn't make it sound too much like she was laughing at someone getting hurt.
Oh, he's a waterbender She thought as she saw him turn the water that had been spilled into ice, but she also wondered then why he had black eyes... didn't they usually have blue? She sort of wanted to ask him about that but she hadn't actually said anything too him and so she realised that that would probably be rude...

She wasn't really sure how to get herself into that conversation, so for now Rini tried to pay attention to the other people without making herself too obvious, which she found easier said than done. And she'd almost all but forgotten about her absent uncle, for the moment anyway.