The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Story of My Life [tag: Kami]

Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 1:10:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 1:10:41 GMT -6

Seven. That seemed awful early, but it was well past quitting time for a newsie. If he was lucky, he could get a nap in first. Muttering under his breath something about people with too much energy, Hyuk-jae turned to the task of the day: hawking papers. He managed to sell them all, as he'd known he would. He'd had to take the price down on some of the more damaged ones, but it was a hit he could at least manage, if not afford. The young man found himself with enough time to quickly clean up, washing his hair and everything, and still take a nap. He'd at least put on a clean shirt for the evening. It was the best he could do, truthfully.

He made his way to the address on the card about three minutes after seven. The tall and slender young man was, as before, in knee-high boots and black trousers, the red leather strip wrapped around his wrist, both earrings in his left ear shining when they caught the light. Clean, his hair was so black it shone blue in some lights. He'd traded the ivory shirt for a black one, but that was about the only change. The dark clothing made his skin look even more pale than before. He had both hands in his pockets.

As Nagisa waved him over, Hyuk-jae raised an eyebrow. "Listen," he said, stopping in front of Nagisa, "I don't know if there's a dress code or whatever? But that —" he pointed to the kimono, ticking his finger down and back up in a gesture to the young man's entire outfit. "— is not happening."
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 1:27:14 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
"That is not happening."

Nagisa pouted, hands on his hips. "Oh come on, Hyuk-jae. It'll only be for a little while, and I had a kimono and haori all picked out for you to compliment your eyes! Madame already said it was okay, and I got to take on extra client work since you'd be there too." He dropped his voice lower. "We're not supposed to tell the others but Madame said if you can get a client to like you or ask for you, even if you don't want to work here, she'll give you fifteen percent of anything you can pull in tonight."

He looked up at Hyuk-jae, eyes huge. "Please? It's already all set, there's a lot of food — good food, of all types. Lots of noodles, and meat dishes, I mean, this guy is just one of the richer ones that come here, and he wanted this buffet-style party, so you can eat as much or little of a thing as you'd like!"

Without preamble, Nagisa grabbed Hyuk-jae's hand and tugged him to the direction of the door. "Ple~~~~~~ase?" he asked again, drawing out the word. "It'll be fine, I'll make sure of it."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 2, 2013 1:27:47 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 1:38:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 1:38:13 GMT -6

Nagisa was nattering on some nonsense about something matching his eyes and Hyuk-jae just shook his head. "I really don't want to," he said, already uncomfortable enough. However, Nagisa seemed to know how to push the right buttons, because he leaned hard on the money angle, and Hyuk-jae had to admit that looking stupid was a small price to pay for his rent. The shorter, younger man went on to point out that food was ready and promised to make sure everything would be fine.

About which, for the record, Hyuk-jae had serious, serious reservations.

"God, fine," he said, exasperated. "I'll wear the thing. Whatever. Just — make sure my clothes don't get lost." It was hard to fathom setting them somewhere, letting them out of his sight. After all, Hyuk-jae was wearing literally the only pair of trousers he had! Surely he didn't have to actually say he couldn't afford to lose them, right? Fidgeting anxiously, Hyuk-jae followed Nagisa inside, trying not to catch anyone's eye.

The clothing Nagisa had picked for him was blue. All of it. Hyuk-jae just sort of stared at it, not even sure where to begin with putting it on. He'd never worn such a thing; even his parents were poor. "Er..." In the end, he managed to get it partially on and had to have help with the rest. "I don't think I'm doing this right." Trying to remove his arm from whence he'd put it, but found himself unable. "Nagisa!" It was all the short boy's fault, getting his head partially stuck in the sleeve of whatever this thing was called, and Hyuk-jae was very patently, so far, not having a good time.

Once he had the clothes on, Hyuk-jae turned around, trying to be able to see it. He batted hands away from his hair, however, and refused to take out his earrings or lose his red leather bracelet. "Stop — I'm already in your damn dress! Leave my hair alone!" When all was said and done, he actually… looked really nice. The dark blue outer layer emphasized how very orange his eyes were — orange, not gold. The light blue was soft against white skin, and the tones of the clothing brought out the bluish sheen in his hair. He was a Firebender, or at the very least the son of one. Hyuk-jae refused to make any comments when asked, and instead fidgeted with almost everything.

"What exactly am I supposed to be doing?" he asked, rubbing the back of his head in discomfort.
Last edit by Deleted: Oct 2, 2013 11:41:08 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 13:24:55 GMT -6

He led Hyuk-jae into the employee changing rooms. "Your clothes won't get lost, see?" Nagisa folded up the clothes carefully and pointed to a small metal locker — complete with lock — with his name on the nameplate. "I'll put them in here, and lock it, and you can take them after we're done. They're not going anywhere."

He busied himself with helping Hyuk-jae put on the kimono and half coat, murmuring things about how nice he was going to look and how well the colours complimented him all the while. Hyuk-jae waved away his help with hair and such, and Nagisa (for once) knew it was time to stop.

"You look great!" he said enthusiastically. "Really, really great!" And he meant it. The other man looked a far cry from the patchwork newsboy of the morning.

"What exactly am I supposed to be doing?"

"Relaxing maybe." Nagisa peeped out the door and glanced about. He could hear the gentle strains of shakuhachi music floating down the hall from the main room. There was a flurry of activity in the entrance hall, meaning that tonight's big-shot had arrived.

He pulled his head back into the room and shut the door gently. "You really don't have to do anything, Hyuk-jae." Nagisa tried to smile reassuringly. "I'll be introducing you as a neighbourhood friend. You're technically not entertaining tonight, though I'm sure some of my clients might ask you questions. Don't worry--" he held up his hand, preempting any objections, "— they don't expect the truth. If you're not comfortable answering, make something up, or look away and smile a little like it's painful for you to talk about. They'll eat it up."

Once the commotion died down, Nagisa pulled the door open. "Come on, follow me."  He lead the way down some brightly lit service corridors before stopping at a metal door marked Main Hall. "We try not to use the same entrance as the customers," he explained before opening the door and ushering Hyukjae inside.

The hall was decorated in sedate, Fire Nation-themed furnitures: folding rice-paper screens, low-sitting tables, cushions, paper lanterns. On the stage were three flute players and two dancers. At the far end of the hall, opposite the stage, was a long buffet, filled with an assortment of foods from all nations, rice and noodle dishes, confections, and baked goods.

Nagisa led the way to his usual section; already two well-dressed older women, perhaps in their mid thirties to early forties, sat on the cushions waiting for him. 

"Hello~~~~~~o!" he said, his voice slightly higher as he twirled in feigned excitement. The women giggled and clapped, patting the seat next to them. Grabbing Hyuk-jae's hand, Nagisa maneouvered and sat them down in between the two women.

"Did I make you wait long?" Nagisa asked politely, tilting his head up and to the side. "I'm sorry if I did! I was just showing my friend the sights."  He gestured to Hyuk-jae. "This is —" Nagisa thought quickly. Hyuk-jae probably didn't want his real name used. "Eunhyuk. He's an old friend of mine."

He saw the two women look at Hyuk-jae with interest. Nagisa hid a smile; his instincts were right. If Hyuk-jae decided to become a host, he'd make an excellent one.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 2, 2013 13:25:20 GMT -6
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 15:17:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 15:17:50 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae ignored Nagisa's insistence that he looked 'great'. It didn't exactly matter much anyway, but he just felt uncomfortable in unfamiliar clothing. At least his hair was clean. When Nagisa told him to relax, the taller young man again muttered something under his breath about sunny beaches. He tried to pay attention to Nagisa's instructions about how to interact with the customers. It seemed like it mostly consisted of… being nice?

As the other man said he should just look away as though it were painful to ask question, the corner of Hyuk-jae's mouth lifted in a slight smile. If only he knew! It was somewhat painful to answer certain questions. Did this mean he just had to be himself, then? He followed Nagisa through the hall, not saying anything. He blinked a little in the bright light of the hall before looking around, trying to take everything in. Hyuk-jae's eyes were wide. He'd really never seen anything like it! And there was more food than he'd imagined.

He flinched a little when Nagisa grabbed at him, sitting him down in between two women. Their scrutiny was uncomfortable, just like the clothing he wore. At least his new friend? had the forethought to use a false name for him. He smiled faintly at them, having no idea what to say. Hyuk-jae had very little experience with women, even older ones. He was much better at entertaining men — he knew what they wanted to hear, how they wanted him to react. Women were a bit of an unknown for him, especially middle-aged ones. He knew elderly women in his neighborhood, but these women were so well-dressed he doubted they had anything in common.

The shyness was unintentional, but honest. Hyuk-jae rubbed a thumb across one of his wrists in a nervous gesture. "It's nice to meet you," he offered before lowering his eyes, lashes dark and long. How on Earth was he supposed to talk to these women?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 15:36:39 GMT -6

Nagisa nodded encouragingly at Hyuk-jae before turning to the women. He held a finger up next to his face and winked. "Eunhyuk is a little shy, you know!" He rested his head on the shoulder of the woman to his left, who giggled and pet his hair. Lowering his voice to a pseudo-whisper he added, "Just make sure you treat him nice, for me, okay~?" He batted his eyelashes winsomely.

The woman to his left, a plump, dowdy-looking sort of woman with big fat rings on her fingers giggled again. Her friend, to Nagisa's right, covered her mouth with a thin hand to hide a smile.

"Have you beautiful ladies eaten yet?" he asked, gesturing to the buffet table. The delicious food smells were hard to ignore. "Would you like us to get you some goodies to eat? How about some cake?"

The thin woman leaned over to Hyuk-jae. "I'm... I'm Soon Hee," she said shyly, holding out her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Eunhyuk."

Nodding in encouragement, Nagisa motioned for Hyuk-jae to respond to Soon Hee, tapping his cheek to indicate that he should smile a little.

The plump woman waved from where she sat. "I'm Nima," she said, her voice rich and surprisingly deep. "Soon Hee and I work together." 

This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 15:48:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 15:48:04 GMT -6

God, he didn't think he could do this. Nagisa was so perfect at it, obviously used to it, but Hyuk-jae wasn't an actor. How was it possible that just spending time with people and talking to them was more intimidating than sex? It was unfathomable, but at that moment, the young man realized how very little experience he truly had with human interaction. He'd never even been in school. How did people do this, day after day?

Trying to ignore the strange tightness in his chest, he attempted to follow Nagisa's signals. The least he could do was try to avoid embarrassing the other young man for the night. Hyuk-jae inclined his head, taking her hand and smiling a nervous, but pretty smile. "Nice to meet you," he said, glancing to the other woman, "both. You look very pretty."

"And… what is it that you two do?" He asked, taking his hand back and setting it in his lap. He hoped desperately that Nima would not attempt to pet his hair. Looking around the room, Hyuk-jae was still attempting to take in his surroundings. "I'm sorry," he apologized to the ladies, "it's just I've never seen anything like this before. It's … really something, isn't it?"

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 16:52:28 GMT -6

Soon Hee smiled. "It takes some getting used to, doesn't it?" She nodded at Nima. "I'd never seen anything like it before until Nima brought me here."

Nima laughed, not unkindly. "Soon Hee didn't say a single word the first time we came here. She was too busy staring at all the pretty men and all the pretty things." Soon Hee blushed.

"Nima and Soon Hee both work for Cabbage Corp, don't you ladies?" Nagisa answered for them. The women nodded.

"Though I have some family money," Nima added. "I don't really need to work, but staying at home is so frightfully boring and pointless."

Nagisa tried to tactfully steer the conversation away from money. There was no point in letting Hyuk-jae know more about the women's financial situations; he might feel awkward and try to leave again. "So ladies!" he interrupted brightly. "Let us get you something to eat, okay?"

Motioning for Hyuk-jae to join him, Nagisa made his way to the buffet tables. He grabbed one of the rolling carts and put down four plages. "You doing okay?" he asked in an undertone as he loaded up the plates. "They seem to like you."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 17:03:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 17:03:25 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae smiled at Soon Hee, appreciative of what he assumed was an attempt to make him less nervous. He frowned at Nima's comment, which he perceived as making fun of her. "It's a lot to take in," he said, glancing at Soon Hee. Nagisa answered his question about their employment, though he'd really only meant it as filler. One always asked men what they did for a living, as plenty of men enjoyed the opportunity to discuss their jobs. It was a default question for Hyuk-jae, one that took up time and rarely caused harm.

He let Nagisa drag him off towards the food, thankful for the chance to get away. When the shorter young man asked how he was doing, he ran a hand through his hair. "Do you specialize in making people uncomfortable or something?" Hyuk-jae let out a tight breath. "I have no idea what to say to them. It's… so awkward and I'm not a good liar." Well, that was only half true. When he needed to be, Hyuk-jae was a great liar. He just wasn't knee deep in hot water at the moment, and so found himself lacking in the ability to paint on a smile. "At least — I just, I have no idea what I'm doing." He picked carefully at the foods on a plate for himself, removing the carbohydrates and gauging everything with guarded eyes. He had to make sure he ate properly if he was going to eat at all.

If they were men in suits, everything would be easier. He didn't necessarily want to admit it open, but Hyuk-jae knew how to flirt casually with a man. It was easy, like breathing, all he had to do was touch an arm at the right moment, or laugh at their jokes. Women needed a little more… well, something. As if he knew what. Nagisa obviously did, though. Hyuk-jae couldn't imagine himself acting the way the other young man did.

Hyuk-jae rubbed at his shoulder. At least he hadn't had a seizure or otherwise embarrassed himself. It was likely, though, that his performance would guarantee that he could not do host work. Surely the madame would recognize his inability to present with social grace.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 17:16:44 GMT -6

"Do they make you uncomfortable?" Nagisa asked, still in an undertone, studying the various cupcakes in front of him. "Do you... ah, have a 'type', in your other job?"

If anything, Hyuk-jae looked like he didn't know what to do, which wasn't necessarily bad; he seemed unsure how to interact with the customers, which seemed odd considering his second job. If he could do his second job, he had some idea how to flirt — how else would he get any clients?

Selecting two cutely decorated cupcakes, he placed them carefully on a plate. "If you have a type I can look at my client list and see if anyone of that type will come along," he offered. "I get a variety of customers, so maybe there'll be something you'll be more comfortable with."

Truth be told, while Nima and Soon Hee were sweet people, Nagisa would much prefer if they had requested someone else. Nima didn't really have any flirty interests, just motherly. Not that it was a bad thing, just not his preference. Mothering could get overwhelming. Besides, he already had a mother. Soon Hee was nice, but quiet.

The best clients were the ones that were super flirty and gave him presents. They were also the best paying customers.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 18:11:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 18:11:21 GMT -6

Did they make him uncomfortable? Hyuk-jae stared at Nagisa for a moment. "Yes," he said shortly, putting a cupcake on the plate Nagisa was holding. "They make me uncomfortable." As for having a 'type' in his other job… well. "Ah — men like me." He glanced at the shorter young man, trying to gauge his reaction. He would assume that in this line of work, Nagisa wouldn't have a problem with same-sex relationships, but one never knew. He might. If anything, he seemed maybe… too innocent?

"I'm sure you have female clients," Hyuk-jae said, separating the food on the plates in an orderly fashion. "But I don't really deal with women very much." As if that weren't blatantly obvious, of course. He sighed. "They're sort of… overbearing?" Hyuk-jae's own mother never treated him that way. He had been raised with an acute awareness of how much his existence put others out, what an inconvenience it was. He tended to try and stay out of women's way, hinder them as little as possible. It was an unconscious but very present behavior, to hide from women as much as possible and do anything to remain out of their gaze. Sitting between two women who were likely close to his mother's age was almost painful.

He shrugged a shoulder. "Businessmen, mostly. Lots with wives and… particular ticks they feel a male is more suited to handling, I guess. I don't know." He'd been told a thousand times that he was very pretty — pretty enough to be a girl, but man enough to take things they couldn't. That wasn't really, in his opinion, a compliment. He laughed a little, setting the plate down. "I'm probably not what you thought, huh?" Nagisa had probably assumed that Hyuk-jae would slide easily into such a role.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 18:26:59 GMT -6

Ah. That would explain a lot, really. Nagisa nodded matter-of-factly, choosing a few more cupcakes. "I understand the overbearing thing. Not all of my clients are like Nima." He liked the frosting off his fingers and pulled a small list of clients from his kimono sleeve.

"Let's see... I have the next hour scheduled for two gentlemen, then the hour after that for one young lady, and a man and a woman in the next hour after that." He tucked the list back in his pocket. "Just deal with Nima and Soon Hee a bit more, okay? Then the next hour should be easier."

Waiting for Hyuk-jae to put his plate on the cart, Nagisa glanced around the room. Soon Hee and Nima were busy chatting to themselves, then glancing at them. He sighed mentally; the first hour was always slow. Once Hyuk-jae put his plate down, Nagisa rolled it toward their section, stopping briefly to grab a bottle of chilled champagne and four glasses.

"Hello ladies~!" he said, his voice full of sugar. "I got some tasty things — cupcakes, and udon, and some tempura shrimp, and some spicy fire flakes."

Nima laughed. "You need to eat healthier, dear."

Nagisa turned to her with a wide smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "I like these things," he said, his voice dropping very slightly in octave. Nima didn't notice.

Soon Hee looked up at Hyuk-jae and patted the cushions next to her. "W-what sort of things do you like to eat?" she asked quietly.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 19:00:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 19:00:07 GMT -6

Hyuk-jae looked down at his plate, very simple in comparison to the others. On his plate there wasn't a noodle or starch in sight, just meats and a few vegetables, those he could pick out that were lowest in carbohydrate. "I will eat just about anything," he told Soon Hee, "but I don't eat a lot of starches." There was no point in explaining why, exactly. Lots of people believed too many starches made a person fat. She'd likely look at his slender figure and assume it was a vanity issue, with which Hyuk-jae had no qualms.

He raised a brow, mentally, at Nagisa's reaction to Nima. She must pay him well for him to put up with behavior he obviously found offensive. Hyuk-jae pushed away the glass of champagne Nagisa put in front of his, very slightly shaking his head 'no'. He couldn't have alcohol — not ever. It was completely unsafe. He had to do his best to make sure nothing happened.

Deciding to let Nagisa deal with Nima, Hyuk-jae focused on trying to be nice to Soon Hee. It was difficult to push past his discomfort, but after a few minutes, he was able to strike up a conversation about a singer she seemed to enjoy. She was a quiet and unthreatening woman, which probably helped. He wouldn't be sorry to see the hour up, though.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 19:48:15 GMT -6

Nima pulled Nagisa into a hug, and he let her. After all, Nima was paying for the hour, and paying well. He'd split it 50/50 with Hyuk-jae, he decided, for putting up with the womenfolk.

Wordlessly, Nagisa reclaimed Hyuk-jae's glass of champagne, setting it down next to Nima in a fluid, nonchalant motion. He munched his cupcakes, purposefully getting frosting on his cheeks; with obvious delight, Nima wiped his face with her thumb. Nagisa scrunched his nose and wiggled, pretending to enjoy it.

Soon Hee and Hyuk-jae seemed to hit it off, so the rest of the hour passed relatively quickly. Nima spent the whole time mothering and nagging him about his diet as he stuffed his face with cupcakes to be contrary. Like she has any room to talk, he thought as Nima took another cupcake for herself and downed another glass of champagne.

When the hour was up, Nima and Soon Hee stood up, obviously pleased with their night. Nagisa gave both women big hugs and let Hyuk-jae say his goodbyes. He watched out of the corner of his eye as they stopped to talk to Madame Jainukul, glancing every so often at Hyuk-jae with kind faces. Good.

Leaning over to his new friend, Nagisa whispered. "Our next clients aren't here just yet, do you need to use the restroom or anything? I think you'll have about a minute or so unless they're late."
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 20:09:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 20:09:25 GMT -6

Soon Hee was nice enough and Hyuk-jae found it relatively easy, once he got going, to talk to her and keep her entertained. He was relieved, however, to see their time end. Hyuk-jae just couldn't flirt with a lady like he could a man. It didn't come naturally, wasn't easy. Nagisa by turn seemed glad to see them go. Nima, to Hyuk-jae's eyes, was annoying to the shorter young man. He wondered why he'd agreed to take her as a customer if that was the case.

"Hm?" Hyuk-jae turned, he and Nagisa quite close to each other. They looked quite pretty, in their complimentary kimono and opposite coloring. "No, I'm okay. Listen, I can't drink alcohol though — ever. That's not a problem, is it?" As he looked up, two men in suits entered, heading straight for Nagisa's table. Hyuk-jae grinned. Now this? This he could do. The two of them looked like corporation men, the kind of guy who had spare cash and loved to spend on things he felt made him look good. Or feel good.

He let Nagisa introduce him, but immediately zeroed in on the taller of the two men, motioning for him to sit close to him. "I love your suit," Hyuk-jae said, prompting a boast about where it came from. He ran a finger over the lapel. "You must tell me what you do," he murmured. The man smiled, leaning in and launching into a story about his company and their exploits. He smelled like a citron aftershave, typical. Hyuk-jae laughed at his jokes and leaned his chin in his hand, looking through his eyelashes. Mr. Yoshida slid a hand over his thigh and he didn't even flinch. "It's so nice to meet you," Hyuk-jae said. "You know, I was beginning to think I wouldn't see a man come through here…"
Mr. Yoshida grinned, tossing back the last of the beer in his glass. "Waiting for a man? That could be tiresome."
Hyuk-jae laughed.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 21:15:10 GMT -6

"Listen, I can't drink alcohol though — ever. That's not a problem, is it?"

"No, it's fi--" His reply was cut off as their next clients walked in and sat down, all smiles. Nagisa batted his eyelashes at them. "Eunhyuk," he said loudly enough for the men to hear, "these are our dear princes, Mr. Yoshida and Mr. Nakamura. Everyone, this is my good friend, Eunhyuk."

Hyuk-jae immediately took to Mr. Yoshida like a turtleduck to water, and Nagisa had to hide a grin. It was like watching another person; Hyuk-jae was relaxed, amicable, natural. He asked all the right questions, made just enough physical contact to encourage attention. That was good; he could see Madame looking with approval as well.

"You seem preoccupied today, Shouta," murmured Nakamura in his ear.

Instantly Nagisa was all smiles. "So~~~~rry!" He settled in close, resting his head on the older man's shoulder. "I'm just worried about Eunhyuk, it's his first night here and he's not sure if he wants to stay! So I want to make sure he's having a good time." He peeped up at the man through his bangs, smiling with affected shyness. "Do you think he should stay?" he asked in a stage whisper.

Nakamura chuckled, his voice cigarette rough. "I dunno!" He rubbed Nagisa's back casually and nodded to his friend. "What do you think, Yoshida? Are you enjoying your new friend?"
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 21:29:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 21:29:26 GMT -6

In fact, Madame was noticing how pretty Nagisa and his friend looked together — the two customers who'd sat with them before and remarked on it, and it seemed now that a few others were noticing. It might be a good opportunity to make money, being able to bill a pair of boys together. She pursed her lips in thought. Would they go for it? Judging by his behavior, the young man Nagisa had brought with him wouldn't mind a bit.

At the table, Yoshida grinned. It was no secret that he wished Nagisa took his work home with him, and he seemed to find Hyuk-jae's more hands-on approach very appealing. "I absolutely think he should stay." Hyuk-jae smiled at Nagisa, hoping this meant the young man would be pleased. The last thing he wanted was to put him out for having brought him here.
"I wouldn't mind staying," he said, toying idly with the stem of a glass, "but I'd prefer not to wear this… getup all the time."
Yoshida laughed. "But you both look so perfect!" he exclaimed. Mr. Nakamura had to agree, voicing an approval of the kimono as well.

It was odd, like playing dress-up, but Hyuk-jae shrugged. Whatever they preferred was fine, he supposed. It occurred to him suddenly that the two men would leave after an hour and… and nothing. He didn't have to take Mr. Yoshida anywhere. He didn't have to leave with him. He didn't have to do anything. Hyuk-jae glanced at Nagisa, smiling a little.
"Shouta's been very accommodating," he told the men, who gave each other knowing looks and smiled.
"You two are close friends, then?" asked Yoshida, glancing between them.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 21:47:05 GMT -6

Nagisa giggled. He liked this Hyuk-jae a lot more than the shy, stiff Hyuk-jae of earlier.

"You two close friends then?"

He looked up at Yoshida and giggled, nuzzling into Nakamura's chest. "Are you jealous, Mr. Yoshida?" he teased. Nakamura laughed again, ruffling Nagisa's hair. "I don't know about Yoshida, but I'm kind of jealous, Shouta."  Nagisa looked up at the older man, meeting his eyes, young-looking face serious.

"Oh, but you know you're my favourite princes!"

It may have all been playing pretend, but Nakamura blushed a little a coughed.

Waving down one of the helpers, Nagisa asked for glasses of apple juice. Yoshida raised an eyebrow. "Apple juice?" he asked.

Nagisa looked at him with a big smile. "Of course! Apple juice is healthy and good for you. Don't you get tired of always having grape stuff when you're here? Plus, the apple juice here is really good and I want you to try it!" He paused, then pouted. "Or don't you want to try the things I like?" Very purposefully, Nagisa made his lower lip tremble as he looked at the floor.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 2, 2013 22:09:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 2, 2013 22:09:06 GMT -6

Maybe Nagisa didn't understand what the two men meant, but Hyuk-jae understood exactly what they were implying. He smiled as Nagisa giggled, cuddling up to Nakamura.
"We could be closer," he murmured, watching Yoshida's face. The man licked his lips a little, eyes flitting between them.
"You do match," the man said.

Hyuk-jae laughed, laying a hand on Yoshida's arm. Nagisa obviously made money with his childish, young-boy act. Hyuk-jae found it mildly entertaining, though he did wonder how much of it was an act and how much wasn't. As Nagisa pouted and asked Nakamura if he didn't want to try the things he liked, Yoshida grinned.
"Right — isn't that what we're doing though, Shouta? Trying something you like?" He ran a finger along Hyuk-jae's jaw. "It looks like it to me."
"Hmm." Hyuk-jae glanced at Nakamura. It was obvious to him what Yoshida was hoping to see, but Nakamura seemed to be aiming to pay for Nagisa's time specifically. He was enjoying having the young man pressed up to him, and he laughed at the insistence on apple juice.

Running a hand through his hair, Hyuk-jae sighed. He wondered, idly, how long the night lasted. He'd run into Nagisa so early in the morning — did that mean the club stayed open that long? He couldn't imagine how the man did it, being nice and playing a persona all night. Hyuk-jae was good at flirting, but it had always led to one direction — and that wasn't happening. What was he supposed to do all night? The same thing with different people?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 2, 2013 22:27:44 GMT -6

"Right — isn't that what we're doing though, Shouta? Trying something you like?" He ran a finger along Hyuk-jae's jaw. "It looks like it to me."

Nagisa glanced at them seemingly nonchalantly, his mind working a mile a minute. Ah, so that's what Yoshida was playing at. Smiling a little, but not moving from his spot next to Nakamura, Nagisa nudged Hyuk-jae's knee with his sock-covered toe. "That's why you have to be nice to him," he said, pursing his lips. He glanced at Hyuk-jae, his eyes dancing. "But maybe making him happy again is part of the fun..."

Nakamura cleared his throat and shifted, and Nagisa noticed that Yoshida seemed flushed, even without the usual influence of spirits. He hadn't guessed that about Yoshida before — though he had no idea why not in retrospect, it seemed obvious — and wondered what else he could learn about his clients if Hyuk-jae stayed. Of course, Madame would set Hyuk-jae up with a different persona anyway, so it didn't matter.

Their apple juice arrived, and Nagisa raised his glass. "To new friends,"  he said, looking at everyone at the table with a soft smile.

This user is Mod