The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Aliases

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 8, 2012 0:03:34 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
So, since we have a lot of new and old members mingling with our reopen, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to get names straight!

My alias is KAMI, though in the past my display name has been Katara, and more recently Toph. I also went by Kaoru for a time here, so you may see people referring to me as any of those (or sometimes even KaToph).

My real name is Anne, and you may see that thrown about as well, though with less frequency. Sometimes peope get creative with Kami, too - I've had Kamster, Kamicat, Kamicakes, etc.

———

Your turn! What alias do you prefer, and if you're a returning member, what have you gone by in the past?
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 1:54:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 1:54:05 GMT -6

My pen name is K. Tenoko Sowa, which is also my name except the K which is an initial. I'm most commonly known as Tenoko, and go by the character's name just as I go by said middle name. [and I know that's one of the many big no-nos in creating a character, but the similarity between me and Tenoko ends there.]

so I've gone by anything from 'Noko to KK to whatever. you can call me crapface, and if I know you're talking to me, I'll probably respond, albeit with a snarky/witty/rude comeback. I'd prefer to be called Tenoko though.

~Tenoko~
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: May 12, 2012 4:14:04 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 3:54:53 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 3:54:53 GMT -6

Alright, my turn. I was Joychi for a long time (six years exactly, almost to the day plus a month). I think the first ever nickname I got was Joy-Joy, and I like going by it now. It think it has to do with a song "Happy Happy Joy Joy". There was also Joy-kun and Joy-san, the person who last played Ty Lee also called me Joy-sensei once - hurray for honorifics !! I was, and probably still am, a certain person's Frenchman as well, or was it Frenchie ? Or maybe French Prince.

My real name is Jimmy. Which in France is not short for James at all, so I'll be Jimmy for the rest of my life. On the internet, especially on the other RP site I was at until last year, I went by Jay specifically for that reason. I assure you it made sense in my head back then.

So, if you would be so kind, keep calling me Joy-Joy. Maybe Jay, if you so desire - and honorifics as you can grab them !!
Last edit by Deleted: May 8, 2012 3:55:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 6:43:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 6:43:38 GMT -6

I'm SeeHearSpeak, originally played Henshin in the forum's past life. Didn't really get far before the site shut down, so I didn't get any neat little nicknames or anything.

I guess SeeHearSpeak is fine, or SHS or Speak for short if you'd prefer.

So yeah, back to posting. ^_^
kaitokatashi
May 8, 2012 7:42:45 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App

Post by kaitokatashi on May 8, 2012 7:42:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, my alias with all of the pre-hiatus members is Kai (the first TARP character I ever made), but I have a feeling that all of the new members will know me as Mizu. You can also call me Hatter (long story).

Sent from my SGH-T959 using ProBoards
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 8, 2012 12:04:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 8, 2012 12:04:11 GMT -6

My alias here is Zombi and I will prefer that you use that. So, if you know my real name, please don't use it here. Thank you!

Before TARP closed and re-opened I was Shtiya.
taedxoa
May 8, 2012 12:39:27 GMT -6

Post by taedxoa on May 8, 2012 12:39:27 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
K. At the moment my real name is Thomas, but I'm in the middle of legal name change to Taed — which was (not entirely coincidentally) also the name of my first character on TARP, and the name by which everyone pre-hiatus knew me. I prefer Taed; however, given the Korra revamp, Sora is also acceptable.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on May 8, 2012 16:11:05 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I have always been and always will be Karena here on TARP, but I do by Gia elsewhere, so I will answer to that. A couple people on here know my RL name, but they know better than to use that. :)
This user is Mod
ailin
May 8, 2012 20:47:53 GMT -6

Post by ailin on May 8, 2012 20:47:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I've always been Ai Lin on TARP, so everyone calls me that here. My real name is Vanessa, which I've used with increasing frequency on the internet. Here, though, I think Ai Lin is best. :)
This user is a guest
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 21:38:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 21:38:19 GMT -6

My alias here is SHUAI, and always has been. I've gotten some nicknames, my favorite being Shu-shu.

My real name is Sara. I usually tag my middle name onto that, so Sara Michelle. On sites I don't mind which name is, or names are used. I'm a lover of nicknames since my actual name has none, unless Sar counts? Haha. So pretty much call me anything!
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 22:26:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 22:26:03 GMT -6

Hi, I'm Hangetsu.

I took the name from my previous character Suigetsu and the character I liked RPing with him Han. Han+Suigetsu=Hangetsu. It also means half moon.

I don't give out my real name to many people. I don't even like having to wear a name tag at work.
Feel free to call me what you like but I have the feeling that if you read my posts you might know me as "that guy who makes pointless musical references".
Anonymous
May 10, 2012 22:33:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 10, 2012 22:33:01 GMT -6

Han + Suigetsu FOREVAH
Anonymous
May 11, 2012 10:04:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 11, 2012 10:04:15 GMT -6

And I am Shio. I don't go by any other aliases except for boogerlice which I use for games that require a username and such. Besides that, I won't reveal my first name because it will result in Zombi typing the rest of the song and me responding back in a very spamy way.
Anonymous
May 11, 2012 22:33:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 11, 2012 22:33:39 GMT -6

so this is slightly off-topic, but is there a rule that says we have to change our names to one of our new characters now?
it's just that half of the people I see on these forums have the names I've always known them by, and I frankly wanted to keep my old name, as that's the one I go by (as well as in real life).
just a curious question, and figured this thread was appropriate given that it's about names and aliases.
~Tenoko~

Post by Gia on May 11, 2012 23:22:27 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, seeing as how we have a rule that your name must be your main character's name, and seeing as how the gAang here is closed... :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 11, 2012 23:49:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 11, 2012 23:49:44 GMT -6

so how come half the people I see here still have the names I've seen 'em with when I first joined back in '9?

~Tenoko~

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 11, 2012 23:52:58 GMT -6

To add, staff is an exception right now because of problems we have had in the past with people confusong OOC stuff from us as IC and vice versa, and making assumptions about modding style based on characters we played. We are trying a new route that will hopefully cut back on it and at the same time have us seem more accessable to new members (hopefully) .

Also, some people either have not yet made an approved character, and others have rebooted a little used character to the new timeline, effectively erasing them from the gAang era history.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 12, 2012 2:16:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2012 2:16:00 GMT -6

Raeya tenoko,

Everyone who has done a character profile & had it accepted & is not staff has been asked to follow the rule, same as you. Anyone who hasn't either A) is staff or B) hasn't finished a character profile yet. Those are the rules & by posting on the boards you agree to follow them, and you should have read them when you came back — so you should have known this.

(:
Last edit by Deleted: May 12, 2012 6:21:12 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 12, 2012 4:12:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2012 4:12:33 GMT -6

double-standards. laaaaame.

but nothing I can do, so I'll sail with it.

although a few posts back, I asked to still be referred to as Tenoko, as that's what I will continue to go by, even if it means I have to make a Tenoko Jr. as one of my characters.
~Tenoko~
Last edit by Deleted: May 12, 2012 4:13:42 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 12, 2012 4:49:43 GMT -6

If you want to continue this, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, we should get back on topic. :]]] you can go by whatever alias you want. If necessary, put it in your personal text or sig. But that is what this thread is for - to let people know what you want to be called.

No need to create another Tenoko to do it. :]]]
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 12, 2012 5:09:09 GMT -6