The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Unbridled Awkward (Hangetsu)

mollymoon
Jul 29, 2012 12:11:13 GMT -6

Post by mollymoon on Jul 29, 2012 12:11:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Lanfen hid her face, more from morbid embarrassment than actual grief. She snuffled a little, reigning in her sudden outburst of emotion. She wiped her eyes and glanced up at him, certain her puffy lids and red nose made quite the unappealing sight. She laughed a little when he made his dark joke, and even more when he sang.

"I'm sorry about that," she apologized, her voice quieter as it tried to get through her constricted throat. "I've come to terms with my situation already. I don't know why that just happened."

Then she felt the weight of hi arm over her back, as though he had only just put It there. She looked at it in surprise, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Should she keep it there? Push him off? Ignore it? Lanfen frowned, irritated by all the societal norms that continued to elude her. She elected to ignore it, as that seemed the safest option. She chose conversation next.

"Do you really hate your dad? I mean... I know he skipped out, but you don't even know him. Maybe he had a good reason for what he did, and you jus don't know it. Have you thought about that?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 29, 2012 16:34:48 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2012 16:34:48 GMT -6

Mugen was suddenly extremely conscious of his arm placement. He had to wonder if it provoked the same feeling he had gotten on the receiving end with his mother, that of safety.
Unconsciously, he removed his arm when Lanfen asked about his father. He put his palms together beneath his nose as he thought.
"I only hate him on the nights I see my mother looking at his photograph and sighing. Even at my most magnanimous I suppose I would still kill the man on principle alone. He drags the name of every criminal through the muck and mire."

Lanfen's theory on the hidden noble intentions of his father made him roll his eyes and let out an exasperated moan.
"If I find that he has dedicated his life to combating poverty, or somehow making things better for the unprivileged I think I could let him live...with a few broken bones." His grin had the same look of satisfaction of hurting someone who truly deserved it. "No one makes my mamma sad without some sort of unpleasant recompense."
He winced at his regression back to his sight Foggy Swamp accent. Years of practice clipping his drawl and consciously sounding out words instead of running them together made no difference when Mugen was agitated.

Carry a handkerchief. Gentlemen carry handkerchiefs.
She also suggested a monocle but that seemed less practical. Mugen handed his mother's suggestion to Lanfen.
"I'll walk ya home." he let out a frustrated growl at his "ya". "You. I shall walk youhome...should you desire it."
This user is a former member
mollymoon
Aug 24, 2012 10:54:13 GMT -6

Post by mollymoon on Aug 24, 2012 10:54:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
She took his handkerchief, staring at it blankly. Lanfen knew what they were for, but she always was repulsed by them. To be polite, she halfheartedly dabbed at her face with it, then clutched it in her hands, unsure of what to do with it.
Her stomach dropped when he offered to walk her home. If she had had a home, then the offer wouldve been fine, but she didn't want Mugen to know just how desperate her situation was. She felt a flush of embarrassment. Lanfens home was, in truth, a cluster of bushes at the edge of a park. The park they had met in, actually. Desperate to turn his attention from her home, she countered weakly, "Can I walk you home?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Sept 5, 2012 15:05:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 5, 2012 15:05:26 GMT -6

Most of the walk to the Dragon Flats Borough was awkwardly quiet. Words, true words were difficult. He could simulate something a man with more empathy would say but saw no point as Mugen had already spent the night being forthright.
"...I would not begrudge the company. The Dragon Flats District has more than its share of ruffians and ne'er do-wells," he said with a grin. It felt nice to make a criminal joke to someone who was not also a criminal and wouldn't turn him over to the police.
"I'm being serious. My mother worries about me wandering the streets at night. I assume that she's afraid of me falling in with the wrong crowd...as opposed to me being part of said crowd."

He spent a few moments looking at Lanfen. It was a character study for the first few seconds the last few became something less intellectual.
"You would be a terrible criminal. You are far too earnest and upright. Good people make bad criminals. Honest work would suit you." He smiled at Lanfen as he reached into his pants pocket and produced a roll of yuans attached by a cheap metal clip.
Three bills were peeled from the roll.
"That, however does not mean you should reject some ill-gotten money. If simple hard work were all it took to get out of Dragon Flats it would be all but abandoned. Even Hiroshi Sato needed start up capitol."

Two actions were performed that were not unusual for Mugen Yuan. He pressed some money into Lanfen's hand and kissed her on the cheek. He'd given money and kissed before but always in order to yield a greater return. Seduced women and people in debt to him were useful tools. Lanfen was not.
"Please keep this a secret. If it is known that I did something even resembling philanthropy I would lose what little reputation I have."

Mugen made a melodramatic, sweeping bow. Something about Lanfen brought out the hammy actor in him which he found enjoyable much to his surprise.
"I bid you good night, my lady."
This user is a former member
mollymoon
Sept 6, 2012 16:13:55 GMT -6

Post by mollymoon on Sept 6, 2012 16:13:55 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The walk back, though silent sometimes to the point of awkwardness, was oddly comforting to Lanfen. She just thought it nice to be walking down the street with him, not saying anything, only being in eachother's company.

She snorted loudly and disbelievingly when he confided that his mother was concerned for his safety. Clearly Lanfen knew more about him than his own mother. Then she felt his gaze and looked down, feeling oddly violated, but in a way she didn't altogether mind.

When he told her she would make a poor criminal, Lanfen twisted her mouth. "Just because I have morals doesn't mean--" she broke off when she saw the fat wad of yuans pulled from his pocket. She looked away, trying to keep the desire for money out of her eyes. Then she felt his hand push some of it into hers, and when she looked up in surprise, his lips touched her cheek. She suddenly became very grateful for the cover of night, because the emotions rolling across her face, accompanied by the blush, would have been a sight to behold.

She nodded her head quietly when he asked her to keep it secret. "I will. I promise."

As Mugen bowed, she gave a rare laugh. "Thanks," she said, once he stood erect again. Her uncomfortable tone made it clear that Lanfen rarely gave thanks. "I'll pay you back, I promise."

She turned, heading home to her bush in the park. But she did so with a hand full of cash, a conflicted mind, and a cheek that tingled with a phantom kiss.
This user is a guest
Last edit by mollymoon: Sept 6, 2012 16:14:41 GMT -6