The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

The Case of the ___ featuring: you? [OCs only]

Anonymous
May 26, 2012 19:24:28 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2012 19:24:28 GMT -6

Tae-yeon Choi is a keen young sleuth with an eye for detail and a heart for solving anything and everything that comes her way, no matter how dastardly the deed. In her slightly shabby private eye office, she waits by the phone for calls or callers who need to have someone followed, find out a deep secret, uncover a missing will, solve a haunting, or otherwise give her something to do.

Do you like mystery? Are you interested in playing along with Tae-yeon and her Watson-like partner policeman pal, Hangetsu? Let us know!

EDIT: Original Characters only, please!
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 7, 2012 19:38:04 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 29, 2012 16:19:40 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Just going to throw my hat in for Ling (and probably Ai Lin's Mei-zhen) once we get our detective agency established. RIVALS.
This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 19:03:31 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 19:03:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
How about a serial killer? I'd totally be willing to make a character specifically for this (and perhaps Ling and Mei-zhen can get into this as well, since they seem to be forming a detective agency) because I'm on a horror kick recently.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 19:15:45 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 19:15:45 GMT -6

I think a serial killer is fine and I'm totally down as long as any depiction of violence is not overly graphic — we have to keep the Proboards TOS in mind as well as our PG-13 rating. (:
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 19:19:49 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 19:19:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
rui Avatar
I think a serial killer is fine and I'm totally down as long as any depiction of violence is not overly graphic — we have to keep the Proboards TOS in mind as well as our PG-13 rating. (:

Haha I'm not going for gore-no, so that's more room for readers to use their imagination. I'm going for emotionally, not visually, terrifying.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 2, 2012 19:34:03 GMT -6

We'll have to work on making sure we don't trigger anyone, but I'm down with a darker plot! Ling and Mei will prooooobably have their agency set up via "personal" thread, so we can RP at any time. If you want to make a character, Kai, for this purpose only that's a "throwaway", then I can talk to Karena and see if we can do temp characters for board-wide plots. :]
This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 19:40:23 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 19:40:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
We'll have to work on making sure we don't trigger anyone, but I'm down with a darker plot! Ling and Mei will prooooobably have their agency set up via "personal" thread, so we can RP at any time. If you want to make a character, Kai, for this purpose only that's a "throwaway", then I can talk to Karena and see if we can do temp characters for board-wide plots. :]

I'm definitely more about the suspense rather than the killing itself. I'm totally down to write up until the point where the murder actually occurs, then use descriptive language to convey the aftermath. I don't think my character would be too inclined to leave blood everywhere...

Either that, or I do have a gang leader that the police have been trying to get their hands on for years. I'd imagine her as somewhat of a Carmen Sandiego (always getting away), but she's going to be a permanent character if that works better for everyone.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 2, 2012 20:38:00 GMT -6

I meant more for the "emotional" bit. :] Also, are you sure that you want to use a playable character for a serial killer? We're not going to keep this particular plot around indefinitely, so I'm not sure you would want to do that?
This user is Mod
kaitokatashi
Jun 2, 2012 20:45:54 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jun 2, 2012 20:45:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I meant more for the "emotional" bit. :] Also, are you sure that you want to use a playable character for a serial killer? We're not going to keep this particular plot around indefinitely, so I'm not sure you would want to do that?

LOL No, I offered Kayako as an alternate plot to the serial killer. I figured that both might make for interesting plots.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 2, 2012 21:02:33 GMT -6

OH! I am so sorry, ahahaha. I totally read that wrong. xD;' NEVERMIND, carry on.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 2, 2012 21:26:05 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2012 21:26:05 GMT -6

Careful, Mizu. Last time I created a serial killer I ended up getting pretty attached to the guy,
ailin
Jun 4, 2012 22:52:09 GMT -6

Post by ailin on Jun 4, 2012 22:52:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ack, late to the party it seem. I'm with Kami about having some detective rivalry action. That should be a lot of fun! I do have a criminal character that could work as an occasional source of information as she's employed by a tiny gang and keeps her ear to the ground about that sort of thing. She doesn't respond to threats, though. Just figured I'd offer that too.
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 21, 2012 18:35:58 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 21, 2012 18:35:58 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(Sorry if the idea has been dropped, if so, then ignore this post)

A serial killer idea seems pretty intriguing, have any of you heard of the game Heavy Rain perchance?
This user is a guest
kaitokatashi
Jul 5, 2012 9:24:38 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 5, 2012 9:24:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm planning on making a new long-term character, so let me know if I'll be submitting another profile for the killer. :)
This user is a guest
yakone
Jul 5, 2012 14:06:56 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jul 5, 2012 14:06:56 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If I may, I have an idea to pitch...so...here it goes.

Firstly, Yensin, who is already an officer, will soon be completely available if you wish to incorporate him.

Secondly, I have a plot idea/suggestion that coincides with this plot idea. An illusive (indeed illusive, not elusive) small-time gang leader doubles his life as an aspiring industrialist. Keeping away from the eyes of RC, this individual instead focuses mainly on smuggling and slowly killing off his competition starting with petty businessmen and criminals. It's just a thought, but I'm just saying that it could work for serial killings. This individual would hire/enlist the detectives himself in order to make it appear that he his innocent, while keeping a close eye on the ones who get close to his secret.
This user is a guest
asami
Jul 5, 2012 16:30:49 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 5, 2012 16:30:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If you guys are going with Zhang's idea with the industrialist, I'd love to get Asami involved, if there's still room. I was thinking something along the lines of her being worried that the killer will move on from small-time businessmen and go after the major competition (aka her papa), so she tries to get on board with the investigation (or maybe is even the one who hires one of the detectives?).
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 19:12:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 19:12:02 GMT -6

I think this is acceptable (serial killer), but we'll need to be really careful not to overarch a plot like this too much. If we do a serial killer I think it's important NOT to have them kill too many people too quickly, nor target anyone affluent in the canon world because we're very much trying not to screw with the canon plotline this time around. As for rivalry, that can be tricky because I'm not sure how competitive Tae-yeon will feel... it's likely that the answer is "not much".

I like the industrialist idea, it's interesting. I think that one could be easily done separately from an actual serial killer, though. On that note:

I know this is an unpopular opinion here on TARP, and I may very well be the only one who holds it, but frankly I personally really strongly dislike playing with canons (any canons, ever, no matter who is playing them) and do not like to throw my characters into a plot with them. As such, I will decline any canon involvement with my OCs. At the time this thread was made I didn't have to worry about it because we had no canons, but I will edit the title accordingly to specify that I'm not open to canon players. Without getting into any kind of discussion on why I am so anti-canon character, I'll just say that I'm aware Kami suggested it, but she did so without remembering how I feel about that! So, it may be that Asami would be a better fit for Ling and her sister as detectives...? (:

Perhaps we can do separate detectives plots, and Ling/Mei can take an Asami mystery, while my characters will be staying out of that.
Anonymous
Jul 7, 2012 19:28:36 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 7, 2012 19:28:36 GMT -6

I will volunteer Airing for anything you need! She could be the Watson to your Sherlock! She's not the smartest cookie, but she has her good points. She knows people well and as her family owns a shop, they're somewhat connected to other shops in the area, etc, etc.

Or she could be some victim or something xD
yakone
Jul 7, 2012 20:39:45 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jul 7, 2012 20:39:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Am I allowed to create the character for the Industrialist killer? Or is he only allowed to be an NPC? (Not trying to sound arrogent/etc AT ALL, I'm only saying that I was the one who came up with the idea for this kind of killer and am only curious.)
This user is a guest
asami
Jul 9, 2012 7:37:23 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 9, 2012 7:37:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, I understand! If anyone's interested in doing the separate mystery idea with Asami involved, just let me know.
This user is a guest