The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Probending Talks!

kgal
Jul 12, 2012 17:42:28 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jul 12, 2012 17:42:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, so! According to the most recent test posts, does that mean that the rolls in the preview are starting to match the rolls in the post? If so, that would be awesome! It can be kind of a hassle figuring out/remembering if there are two rolls on the post and then using the original.

And for anyone who hasn't played yet, I'd recommend that, when you're ready to post in the match, make a placeholder after you change the formatting properly, and then use the rolls that show up in your post. In my experience, at least, when you go to modify it (NOT preview it afterward, I cannot stress the importance enough that once you post, do not preview even if you're modifying) then the text in the box under attack and defense should still read [dice=20] instead of reverting to the table stuff like it does when you preview. And, after typing up your post and NOT previewing it, the modified post should have the same dice roll as the one given before any text is put in.

If anyone tries this and it doesn't work for them, please pm me or post here. It's working fine for me, and it isn't nearly the hassle of screenshotting your "preview roll" and then using that instead of the roll shown in the thread itself. Also tell me if this post doesn't make any sense whatsoever XD
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 12, 2012 18:14:47 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Yes, the dice rolls in preview SHOULD now match the final outcome after hitting "post", or after modifying your post. Your workaround should NOT be necessary anymore. Karena just tried for me, and she says it works. :]

EDIT: Also, there's a new info table up, go look gaiz.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 12, 2012 18:15:11 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Jul 12, 2012 18:18:36 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Beautiful info table, Kami!

And yes, I just posted the first probending post of the second match and I'm ecstatic! Had so much fun writing it.
This user is Mod
azn
Jul 14, 2012 14:14:07 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jul 14, 2012 14:14:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'm sorry I had to be away for this week, I kinda left right in the middle of round 2 :(
I will try to redeam myself

But I got back and had a lot of reading to do, lol. The match is turning out GREAT! (and it looks like Flying Koi are gonna win), but maybe I can land a knockout, who knows ;)

I hope I understand the changes that happened. I reread the newly tabled rules and saw that a roll per 2 attacks was necessary, but didn't know if that applied yet, but I did it just in case, also numbering the attacks in order. If not, use the top roll only for all 3 discs I sent.

Also, I notices Sashu was able to deflect my discs: are we allowing defensive rolls for team-mate defense now? I would agree if they are (and I liked how it was rp'ed), I just wanted to make sure I was correct.

Again, Sorry to my fellow Lion Turtles!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 14, 2012 14:41:46 GMT -6

azn Avatar
I'm sorry I had to be away for this week, I kinda left right in the middle of round 2 :(
I will try to redeam myself

But I got back and had a lot of reading to do, lol. The match is turning out GREAT! (and it looks like Flying Koi are gonna win), but maybe I can land a knockout, who knows ;)

I hope I understand the changes that happened. I reread the newly tabled rules and saw that a roll per 2 attacks was necessary, but didn't know if that applied yet, but I did it just in case, also numbering the attacks in order. If not, use the top roll only for all 3 discs I sent.

Also, I notices Sashu was able to deflect my discs: are we allowing defensive rolls for team-mate defense now? I would agree if they are (and I liked how it was rp'ed), I just wanted to make sure I was correct.

Again, Sorry to my fellow Lion Turtles!

As I posted in your thread, OOC, the rules changes are not applicable to your thread. :] Sorry about that, it's just not fair to change up the rules mid-game.

It's never been disallowed! All you have to do is declare what you're doing, as before. But, if you defend your teammate, you cannot defend yourself against an incoming attack.

Hope that helps!
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Aug 28, 2012 10:22:34 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
First quarter-final match starts tomorrow. *is excited*
This user is Mod
kgal
Aug 29, 2012 19:06:52 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Aug 29, 2012 19:06:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, really quick question. I'm doing a 1v1 with Sashu against Yuri at the moment. We've both posted once. Should I still wait until the other 2 players post before responding, or can I make another post versus Yuri only? I know there's the ABC posting rules, but since I've only really played in the first match, when it was two posts per round instead of unlimited ABC posts, I'm not sure how this works.

Thanks in advance!
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 29, 2012 20:31:37 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'm pretty sure you just need to wait for Sigan to post. :) Then all three of you would have posted and then you're free to post again.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 29, 2012 20:33:52 GMT -6

ABC for your team - so if you've already posted and no one else on your team has, then you need to wait. This way, there is no advantage to people who have more time than others. :]
This user is Mod
jin
Aug 30, 2012 17:05:24 GMT -6

Post by jin on Aug 30, 2012 17:05:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, so say Kamil post then, is Karana's team able to all post again?

If so, what would happen to the attacks that happened previously in Karena's post? How would we defend? Would we have to choose?
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 30, 2012 17:34:10 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yes, once Kamil posts, Yuri and I can post again, and to my knowledge, you're waiting on Sigan so you and Sashu can post again. I'm a bit confused by your other questions. Could you rephrase and/or explain?
This user is Mod
kgal
Aug 30, 2012 18:54:17 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Aug 30, 2012 18:54:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I think - and correct me if I'm wrong - what he's referring to is if you and Yuri post again before Sigan has posted. If that occurs, than we wouldn't be able to fight back against your first posts (which are responses to our first posts), effectively leaving us unable to defend against the first volley of attacks.

Like, for Yuri and I, the posting order would end up being:

Sashu -> Yuri -> Yuri

therefore allowing Yuri to attack Sashu twice without Sashu having a chance to defend herself. (Same with Jin, because Sigan hasn't had a chance to post yet.)

Does that make sense? Like, the optimal posting order would be:

Sashu -> Yuri -> Sashu -> Yuri

and so forth.
This user is a guest
Last edit by kgal: Aug 30, 2012 18:56:07 GMT -6
jin
Aug 30, 2012 19:43:22 GMT -6

Post by jin on Aug 30, 2012 19:43:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yep, lol that's exactly what I meant. I had just gotten up from a nap, so my wording was choppy.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Aug 30, 2012 19:51:47 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I'll let Kami answer for sure, but speaking personally, I would not send another attack to Jin unless he responded first.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Aug 30, 2012 23:26:19 GMT -6

Hm. Good question. I don't think it's really a problem, unless the other team posts something ridiculous like a 10 ABC cycle set. Since the updated rules ask for all teams to be considerate to the other team in regards to posting frequency, if a team starts going overboard I will start inflicting penalties.

I think it would be fine to count whatever defence roll you make at the time of posting toward however many times you're being attacked; if you think the other team is unfairly pushing their ABC order (say, more than three cycles?) then please let me know via PM and I will apply penalties as needed.

We haven't had much of an issue with teams posting too frequently, if I may be blunt, so there hasn't yet been a need to impose any changes in posting frequency or # of defence rolls.

Note: I am not going to force AA BB CC posting orders because it is really not Team A's problem if Team B doesn't post, you know? I think asking people to be considerate + monitoring the frequency of posting should be enough. :]
This user is Mod
Last edit: Aug 30, 2012 23:28:15 GMT -6
jin
Sept 8, 2012 1:52:18 GMT -6

Post by jin on Sept 8, 2012 1:52:18 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Alright, now that Sigan was knocked into the water, do we hae to wait for him to post to continue playing, or can Sashu and I just play against the other three?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 8, 2012 5:28:06 GMT -6

If a teammate cannot further participate in the round (injury, knockout, foul play, etc), then feel free to ignore the ABC order for the rest of that round only, as they will be able to return the next round(s). :]
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 9, 2012 11:18:09 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 9, 2012 11:18:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Okay, let's put this hypothetically.

Let's say Team A has one person in Zone 2 and the other two in Zone 1. If Team A pushes all of Team B into Zone 2, does that mean all members of Team A advance forward one Zone? I don't think there's ever been a problem like this in the show, so it's hard to tell.

I personally believe that there should not be that gap that leaves the A's player in Zone 2 behind. I don't believe that players should regain the ground lost, but I still think that all three players would move together in case of territory gain.

I think the same case should apply if Team A's player was in Zone 3. In case of a territory gain, that player would move into Zone 2, and not be left behind in Zone 3. But because that player was pushed back two zones during the round, they wouldn't automatically go up two zones because of territory gain.

Does that make sense? I'm just wondering if that's how it'll be played out, if it ever comes to that.

Also, should we roleplay getting the green light to advance, if that time comes? Will it be announced?
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 9, 2012 12:22:12 GMT -6

It's too late for this round (and honestly, editing it at this point would be kind of rubbing it in the Dragon-Hawks' faces =P), but you are somewhat right.

If you review the episode where both Hasook and Bolin were knocked out (I believe Episode 2), Mako knocked out two players, and pushed the last in zone three; to knock him out, Mako advanced the rest of the way, despite being knocked back into zone two earlier in the round.

I am not sure how this would apply if there were more than one member. I like the idea of everyone advancing forward one (so zone one would cross territory, zone two would go into zone one, and so on); what do you guys think?
This user is Mod
kgal
Sept 9, 2012 13:07:30 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Sept 9, 2012 13:07:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Huh? No, no, I just thought of it during the round, not specifically for our match. Like I said, hypothetically speaking.

And like I said, I would go for everyone move up one zone for each zone the opponent loses.
This user is a guest