The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Inns, Restaurants, & Food Stalls II

seojin
Sept 25, 2012 18:29:31 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Sept 25, 2012 18:29:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quaint Café
Tag: Kami

By default, SeoJin had ignored the other customers in the café and had set up with her own seat. She wasn’t interested in listening in on their conversation; she was here on other matters. SeoJin sipped lightly at the tea in front of her. It was a strong tea, laced with a large amount of apple. It warmed her throat on this morning.

She was dressed simply. Deep brown pants and boots, a white shirt with loose sleeves, and a blue vest. Her hair was in its typical three braids and was lying against the back of the chair. She’d crossed her legs elegantly as she sipped and read, waiting for her contact.

She was chasing down a suspect in a pay-fraud case. According to the information she’d gathered thus far, an employer had been lying about the amounts he’d been paying employees. The nonBenders were receiving less. This wasn’t unusual. Another injustice of the system… The point where she could bring a case against him was the fact that he lied to the nonBenders about the pay Benders were receiving. He’d also written notes for payment a few times, which had bounced against the employees. Ultimately a web of lies that SeoJin intended to wrap the man in.

Digging through evidence that had been seized, SeoJin had discovered the man was a large fan of the Agony Aunt column entitled Dear Charumati. Additionally she had uncovered an envelope that looked like he had intended to write Charumati. He’d made a mistake on that particular envelope and discarded it, but it was not an unreasonable hunch that he’d sent another. She was willing to bet her nicest pair of boots that he'd sent information that could be used against him.

She’d proposed having the police go to the Republic City Times with a seizure warrant, but they’d replied that seizures could get tricky when it came to the press. Seizing items of the press tended to be difficult and cause very bad publicity. With that in mind, SeoJin had decided to go personally. The Times wasn’t willing to introduce her to Charumati then and there, but they had suggested SeoJin could meet with her at a neutral location and possibly get the item there. SeoJin had told them the time and place, and could only hope the message had been passed and Charumati decided to come.

SeoJin sipped at her tea once again and turned the page of her book. It was called The Survival Element. She’d picked it up on a recommendation from a friend. It was a collection of essays detailing the author’s thoughts on the difficulties that faced NonBenders in a dominantly Bender world. It was a slow read, thick and academic, but she found the theories and suggested strategies quite enlightening. SeoJin had debated leaving the book at home. Carrying a book that might even hint at Equalist sympathies could be dangerous these days. SeoJin had decided to take her chances, trusting that no one even knew what it was.

She sipped at her tea, reaching over to adjust the piece of rice paper she’d laid out on the table. This was the sign to her contact. On it was painted the character for Knowledge. She’d done the calligraphy herself.

Now all she had to do was read, sip, and wait.
This user is a guest
Last edit by seojin: Sept 25, 2012 20:18:13 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 26, 2012 15:46:55 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Quaint Café
[tag: SeoJin]

The summons she received was something out of the ordinary. Her editor had said someone had come looking to meet her; that in of itself was not uncommon, but he had also mentioned she was a legal representative of some sort. The words journalistic integrity were on the tip of her tongue, but she thought better of it. As an agony aunt, the only things confidential about her 'sources' were their home addresses. Most envelopes arrived with no return address anyway, but if they did they were nameless. If word got out that "Charumati" cooperated with law enforcement by revealing addresses and/or identities, it would be the end of her column, as well as a public relations fiasco for the Republic Times.

As if sensing her concerns, her editor told her that they had not revealed her identity or anything of import, and had suggested instead a lunch at a café where she would then turn over the as-of-yet unpublished letter. Rohana remained skeptical, but put the letter in an envelope anyway and slipped it into her coat.

Lunch came around, and she made her way to the given address, noting that it was one of those 'café' places with a quiet atmosphere. She groaned inwardly. The best place for a meeting with someone with a secret identity would be a place where they would be unlikely to be overheard. Now what was she going to do? There was supposed to be a signal of sorts; she was supposed to look for the character for Knowledge. But that still begged the question of her identity being revealed. The column was published with a fake name and a fake photo — if this person read her column, then they'd know her true appearance.

Oh well. It couldn't be helped, she supposed. Smoothing her pale purple skirt and adjusting the ruffled collar on her cream-coloured blouse, she stepped into the café, her keen brown eyes on the lookout for the tell-tale symbol.

It didn't take long to spot — it was at a table occupied by a well-dressed young woman in a blue vest, reading a book. She waved off the waiter who came to seat her, motioning that she had found her party.

Slipping into the seat across from her, Rohana greeted the woman politely. "Good afternoon," she said, her face its usual neutral expression. "I am Charumati."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 28, 2012 4:09:58 GMT -6
seojin
Sept 26, 2012 18:26:57 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Sept 26, 2012 18:26:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quaint Café
[/u]
Tag: Kami[/center]

SeoJin watched as people came and left. This cafe was unassuming, and she hoped her choice as a meeting place had been a correct one. That would be determined by the end of the meeting with Charumati no doubt. She took another sip of her tea as she studied those around her. People were... interesting. Always scheming and planning. At other times, they seemed to think of nothing at all. Not that she was different, she wasn't that much of a snob.

SeoJin let her eyes follow a woman as she entered the cafe and started to move towards her. She couldn't be sure, but the woman sitting down in front of her confirmed that the guest was Charumati. She'd never read the column, so she wasn't much fascinated in her appearance beyond the casual. She dressed well, even frilly. She cared about her appearance, which could speak to all sorts of things. She'd find out more as the conversation progressed.

SeoJin smiled as she shut the book quietly and set it face down next to her. Wasn't worth leaving the title displayed for the cafe to see. "My name is SeoJin Park. I've heard all about you. Its a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance." she didn't announce her status. That wouldn't have been very discrete. SeoJin reached over and grabbed for the rice paper with the character. Hidden underneath was her badge, which she let just peek out before seeming to sweep both off the table. She tucked them in a small messenger bag underneath her chair. "Oh, our friend requested that I pass this on to you!" this was another trick of discretion. She grabbed an envelope and gestured for Charumati to take it. "Just a quick letter."

What it actually was was a nondisclosure agreement. Provided Charumati cooperated and didn't get in to legal trouble, SeoJin would not disclose any of her identity. If she did, she could be held legally accountable. She'd drafted it up this morning. SeoJin hoped it might help relieve some of the tension in regards to this meeting.

"So, I wanted to ask about our friend, Tao. I hear hes not doing well so lately. I keep trying to get in touch with him, but I think you've been getting letters from him. Tell me all about how hes doing!" she smiled as she put one arm on the table and casually placed her head on it.

Her 'acting skills' were actually quite good. She'd had to do this more than a few times. None of her body language or tone of voice came off as obviously faked, though someone might be able to tell. Not that this cafe was likely to bring those kind of customers. SeoJin could have gone somewhere noisier, but then people knew people who didn't want to be heard went to those places; and tried to listen in. Who would that an artsy and academic cafe that students frequented would be hosting a legal information meeting?
This user is a guest
Last edit by seojin: Sept 26, 2012 18:28:01 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 28, 2012 4:13:59 GMT -6

Quaint Café

Rohana extended her arm to take the envelope, her shirt doing little to hide her muscular stature. She was a lean woman, but obviously very fit, and it would be a logical assumption that she was also trained in something. Her face was impassive as she took a quick look at the papers within, her body language giving away nothing except a small nod. "He is very kind to remember me like this," she said, annoyed with the lack of plain speaking but understanding the need for discresion. It was a necessity for them both — for her, and her secret identity, and for the law official, for her case.

SeoJin asked her about Tao, and Rohana took out her own envelope, sliding it discreetly across the table. "Tao sends his regards, and apologises for not being able to touch base." Her caramel-coloured eyes were hard, and she met the other woman's eyes unflinchingly. "He has been quite busy with his work, but asked me to pass this on to you."

Inside the envelope was an unpublished letter by Tao, complaining about non-benders whining about their oppression and asking for advice on how to deal with troublesome employees. He had signed it A Concerned Bender, so Rohana had not been aware of his name until that moment. She shrugged dismissively. She had refrained from publishing the letter when she got it, feeling that it went against her column's reputation of advice with equality, but had kept it on a whim. She praised Koh silently for his guidance.

Also inside the envelope were a few clippings from past publications. Tao had written with several pseudonyms, all from the same address, asking for advice about bender and non-bender relations. One was of particular interest, where he spoke of being jilted by someone who worked for him. "I think he may be upset as of late, I do not know if you heard that he and his girlfriend are no longer seeing each other?"

A waitress came by to ask for her order. Without glancing at a menu of any sort, Rohana immediately ordered green tea, plain. It arrived soon after. With a nod of thanks, the older woman took it from the waitress' hands, accidentally knocking SeoJin's book to the floor as she set down the tray.

"My apologies."

She leaned over and picked it up, her eyes falling to the title: The Survival Element. A slight look of recognition flitted across her face, gone in an instant. She set it back down on the table, and looked with a bit more interest at her companion.

"That is a very lovely book," Rohana murmured, her tone almost bored but her gaze sharp. She couldn't very well ask if SeoJin was an Equalist, or if she had any sympathies. Not in a place such as this. The Equalist movement needed more bodies; not necessarily for combat, but for support. She tried to be vague, but specific: a difficult task. "It was recommended to me highly by a sparring partner." The older woman figured that it was no secret she was a martial artist. "I've joined his literature club-—" a small lie "—-that meets at a book store in the Dragon Flats district. Perhaps I can introduce you?"
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 29, 2012 12:08:18 GMT -6
jiggyt35
Sept 28, 2012 20:14:54 GMT -6

Post by jiggyt35 on Sept 28, 2012 20:14:54 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hitomi Bread and Goods

Niko moved down the line and continued to wipe the work areas clean. While the job kept his hands plenty busy, it would've been extremely dull without Airi's running commentary. She actually did have some good ideas on what to do with his first pay; Niko would enjoy a probending match very much. Or even just a treat would be nice. He stayed with her train of thought all the way up to the part about fabric. He could've definitely done with some new clothes, but needing and wanting are two different things.

Clothing was not enough to hold his attention for long and his thoughts drifted back to probending. It had been awhile since he’d been to the gym thanks to the cancellation of their second match, and Niko swallowed back the rising feeling of guilt in his throat. The Armadillo Wolves’ first win had not been all that impressive when certain factors were taken into account. He could still remember the confused rush of joy he felt when the opposing team’s captain threw his own earthbender into the drink. Surely the next team they faced would not be beaten so easily. When Niko solemnly vowed to redouble his probending efforts, it only slightly quelled the nagging anxiety in his mind. ‘I could be there right now,’ he thought, ‘training, getting better, but…’ Was he not also part of Team Hitomi? There was the place he’d promised to be, and the place he wanted to be, but it was hard to tell which was which.

Niko was subconsciously working out his nerves by picking furiously at the dough that clung to his fingertips. He was so aggressive in the habit that he missed Airi’s question completely, only made aware that she had asked him something by the empty silence that followed. “Um, my mom? Help?” It took a little figuring to work out what the question had been, but the answer was no easier to come up with. Help her with the dishes? Help her with money? Help her to reach a high shelf? He took a considerable breath before starting, and said with a sigh, “I really don’t know what she wants,” which was the absolute truth. Niko had at least made one decision though. “You know, I think I will go see a probending match.” He chuckled at the realization and said, “ I've never actually been to one that I wasn't in!”
This user is a guest
seojin
Sept 28, 2012 21:09:05 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Sept 28, 2012 21:09:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quaint Cafe
[Tag: Kami]

SeoJin took note of Charumati's lean form. This was a curious contrast to her otherwise frilly nature. Not that one ruled out the other, but it was something less seen. She mused in the back of her mind what kept Charumati so fit. SeoJin herself was lean, but more from a healthy diet and mild sparring twice a week, as opposed to extremely dedicated training. "I'm glad I could pass that on." SeoJin added, affirming her commitment to the contract. She really did hope it would be sufficient.

SeoJin took the envelope carefully, her deep blue eyes scanning the contents quickly. They would help her make her case. That was definite. They could be used as evidence of deliberate premeditation on his part. The charges would be heavier as such. She was glad she could level these against such a man, his actions were completely distasteful.

"No, I hadn't heard that. He's been having problems at work, its been stressing him out. But I hadn't heard about any girlfriend." She couldn't be sure whether the girlfriend was an allusion to an employee or a literal girlfriend. She hadn't found any evidence of Tao having a romantic partner. This could mean something, potentially.

SeoJin waited politely as her lunch companion ordered green tea, sipping at her own apple laced tea. Apples always reminded her of home. Not that she lived far from it. She may have been born in the Northern Water Tribe, but she was a Republic City-ite through and through. Her father had often bought apples at a local market from where she'd grown up.

SeoJin almost jumped to grab the book midair, but stopped herself. That would have caused a scene. All she could hope was that her lunch companion wouldn't recognize it, let alone be a Bender. She really couldn't be sure. As Charumati picked up the book, SeoJin felt herself tense as she waited for the reaction.

Charumati's next work were not what she had expected. She wasn't quite sure how to proceed. She could be literal, and genuinely enjoyed the book for its literary elements. She could be a Bender, trying to feel out if SeoJin was someone to be despised. The whole thing could be a setup by Tarrlok's task force to test her loyalty. Her mind weaved dozens of conspiracy theories, and she proceeded cautiously, "It is an intriguing read for the sake of gaining a perspective." It was an extremely noncommital comment. "I see. A sparring, reading partner? I spar sometimes myself..." she wanted to cautiously drop that she wasn't defenseless, in case this was heading in a direction SeoJin didn't want to go down. The information on the Dragon Flats district. It was a notably NonBender area. Still, it could be used in any of her theories. "Its a possiblity, I suppose. I do like reading."

SeoJin sipped at her tea once more, trying to collect her thoughts. She felt her heart racing, and only logic kept her from thinking Charumati could hear it. "This tea is rather quite mild. Perhaps we could go somewhere where the tea might be a bit stronger? A bit more straight?" it was a coded invitation to go somewhere where they could speak more plainly. She didn't want to go anywhere too sketchy, she was still extremely on edge, but somewhere else would definitely be better.
This user is a guest
Last edit: Sept 28, 2012 23:44:38 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 29, 2012 12:21:02 GMT -6

Quaint Café

Her face remained neutral, but Rohana took the hint. So SeoJin had some training, of a kind. What kind, however, still remained to be seen. If she were a bender... no, Rohana was sure she hadn't let anything damning slip. "Perspective is always an excellent thing to have," she said blandly, and took another sip of her tea.

This tea is quite mild. Perhaps we could go somewhere where the tea might be a bit stronger? A bit more straight?

This is why she hated speaking in code. While she knew subtlety and intrigue were an art, Rohana much prefered plain-speaking. It wasn't that she was incapable of doing so; she was fairly well versed in double-speak, and such skill had enabled her to skirt around issues such as her heritage. But she could never be sure if others were being clever as well; this conversation could be going one of two ways - either SeoJin wanted to speak plainly as much as she did, or she was being invited to a place that served liquor.

With a quick prayer to Koh for his blessing, she went with her gut. "That sounds like a lovely idea," she said, careful to inject some note of enjoyment into her tone. She finished her tea quickly, ignoring the sting of its heat. Cryptic language aside, the tea was weaker than she'd have liked; Rohana often drank her tea steeped slightly too long, so she avoided that 'flavoured water' taste. This... was not to her liking. She rummaged in her purse for enough yuans to cover the price of a single cup of tea, and a small tip, before standing and smoothing her skirts.

"Shall we, then?" She would let the other woman lead the way.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 29, 2012 12:21:28 GMT -6
seojin
Sept 29, 2012 16:17:20 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Sept 29, 2012 16:17:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Quaint Café to Rowdy Pub
[/u]
[Tag: Kami[/center]

SeoJin tipped her head towards Charumati as she stood. She reached under her chair and grabbed the messenger bag, sliding the papers she had been given inside of it. She pulled out a few yuans plus tip and left them on the table as well. She did enjoy the tea, but she was after something else. Something that this café couldn’t give her.

“My SatoMobile is just outside, if you don’t mind riding with me. I’m not sure how you arrived, but you’re welcome to follow me if you have your own vehicle.” She wasn’t rolling in money, but SeoJin’s work as an attorney kept her comfortable. After quite a bit of saving, she’d finally been able to buy her own vehicle. With a nonchalant air she left the café, heading towards her parked SatoMobile. It was one of their standard models in a plain white. It was kept quite clean.

SeoJin gestured for Charumati as she saw no other SatoMobile for her to have. “Feel free to hop in to the passenger seat.” She smiled and climbed in, setting her bag in the back. Once her passenger was settled, she decided to start a casual conversation, “So, what made you become Charumati? What did you do before that? Are you from Republic City?” It was three quick questions all closely intertwined. SeoJin turned the key, starting the rumbling vehicle and began driving to her destination.

SeoJin drummed her fingers just once on the wheel as they arrived at her destination. She really, really hoped she was right in what she was doing. She felt like she could run at any moment. What she was doing was risky. Stupid. Foolish. She, a Republic City attorney, was possibly meeting with someone who could be an Equalist. Or someone testing her loyalties. Any number of things, each more dangerous than the next. Could she defend herself? A little, but she knew by Charumati’s appearance that if it came to a fight, she would lose.

“Here we are. It's a rowdy, loud little pub.” She forced herself to grin and smile at Charumati as she climbed out. This would allow them to talk better, and if it came to a fight, she hoped the other NonBender crowd who frequented this place would help her out. It was a slim chance, but it was better than nothing. SeoJin left her bag in the SatoMobile as she entered inside.

Music and people were both loud. SeoJin stopped by the bar of the pub to order a small snack and non-alcoholic beverage. Making sure Charumati was following, she went and sat in a booth. Once her companion was seated, she smiled nervously.

“Thanks helping me with my legal case. So, why are you interested in my reading habits? As I nonBender, I felt that book might be good to read.” It was a risky first move, but she’d learned early in Law school that if you wanted to take, you had to give first. SeoJin sipped at her fruit drink cautiously, every muscle and nerve on edge to either defend herself or run.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 30, 2012 4:16:37 GMT -6

Quaint Café to Rowdy Pub

Rohana shook her head at the mention of Satomobile. "No, I do not have one," she said, nodding when instructed to get into SeoJin's car. She did so with apparent indifference, though internally was wary. If SeoJin was a loyalist, there would be little way for her to escape out of a moving vehicle, short of just opening the door and rolling out. Not necessarily a good idea. She decided to hold off any judgement until they got ... wherever they were going.

So, what made you become Charumati? What did you do before that? Are you from Republic City?

She raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow at the barrage of questions. "Excuse me," she said softly, her voice a little clipped, "I do not discuss my personal life." And she didn't. Personal information — even small, minute details you probably wouldn't even think about — were capable of being weilded as tools against you. As a person with a double, almost triple life (if you counted hiding her Galgori heritage, anyway), small tidbits of information were as deadly as poisonous barbs. Not to mention it was a little rude, she felt, to bombard a person you just met with multiple questions without being given a chance to respond.

The satomobile zipped along through the streets of Republic City, and Rohana stretched out her legs, seemingly at ease. "Before my column-—" she avoided anything suggesting that the name was false, "— I worked in shipping for the Times." She shrugged, entirely dimissing several years of underappreciated manual labour with her gesture. Her column had been around for almost a decade, now, so the details of her time before was unimportant.

The two women arrived at their destination: a pub, and one she recognised. The older woman's lips tightened into a thin line. Well, this was certainly the sort of place to drown you out, but alcohol was something she refused to consume, if she could help it.

They went in, and a cacophony of brass assaulted her ears. Her expression remained mostly impassive, but the already-thin lines of her lips increased until they all but disappeared. Why were marketplaces never chosen anymore? Or busy squares? She glanced around the pub with indifference, but noted a few familiar faces from trainee sessions. That... could be for good or ill.

Luckily, the band chose that moment to pick up --if possible-- an even louder song. Rohana had to lean in to hear SeoJin speak.

So, why are you interested in my reading habits? As a non-bender, I felt that book might be good to read.

She studied the younger woman momentarily. She seemed to be feeling her out, but doing a poor job of holding her cards close. "Lower your voice," she said sternly. "Do not feel completely at ease just because this is a known non-bender pub. Do not think your legal status will help shield you from the Councilman's wrath." Her mouth snapped shut as a waiter passed by, waiting for him to deliver a tray to a nearby table. When he had gone, she addressed SeoJin again.

It could still be a trap. She could be playing at being a nonbender. Rohana sat up straight, folder her hands on the table in a very businesslike manner. "You are treading into dangerous grounds, young lady. Do not be foolhardy; a location is not secure just because there are more of your kind — our kind — here."

It was a small inclusion, a nod at the fact she was also a nonbender.

Instead of answering SeoJin's question, however, Rohana picked up the discussion from the car. "You asked what I did before the paper. Before I worked in shipping, I had dedicated a majority of my young life to physical combat training, from the age of ten, under the guidance of my grandparents. I have continued training, even with work." She paused, letting the words sink in. That was nearly half a century of training.

"The skills I have learned have served me well, especially lately." It was veiled enough to be an innocent comment - there was a lot of unrest in the city, regardless of bending status, and it was beneficial to everyone to have some mode of self-defence. But, if SeoJin was as smart as Rohana thought, the comment would be affirmation of her Equalist status, with enough deniability if she was being played false.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 30, 2012 18:30:03 GMT -6
Anonymous
Sept 30, 2012 13:04:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Sept 30, 2012 13:04:11 GMT -6

wolfdude87 Avatar
Rong used a scrap of the wrapper to wipe the grease from his mouth. It was all that he had hoped it to be. The meat was juicy and tender, the vegetables were firm and crunchy on their fire toasted outsides and soft and flavorful on their insides. Finished with the first one he placed it's skewer underneath the other three and gave a small, satisfied sigh.

Suddenly he heard a little voice speaking to him. Derailing his nourishment train the bearded earth bender looked down at the girl that stood behind him. She was a dark skinned, feather haired girl. Judging by her clothes she was fairly tomboyish and at least wasn't wealthy. A normal little one from what he could tell. Clearly of Earth Kingdom descent, he immediately wondered if she could earth bend. "They're komodo chicken kabobs." He said enthusiastically. He squatted down to her level and held them out so she could see. The muscular man was again attempting to come off as friendly as possible. He was a big man and people sometimes judged his personality based solely on the fact. He tried very hard to avoid such inferences. "Would you like a piece? You can't get this stuff in most of the Earth Kingdom, but it's delicious. A little spicy though." He said offering it to her with a little shake of the bundle.

Rong was in no hurry, the weather was nice, it was still early in the day, and he really had nothing to do except maybe bathe. It suddenly struck him that the girl seemed to be alone. She wasn't terribly young so it didn't immediately concern him, but it did spark his curiosity. Still, no need to say anything. He didn't want to be rude.

OOC: I apologize for the lack of posting... again. But this time, I think I've found a (temporarily) permanent solution to the internet connection problem I had, so my replies outta be more fluid from now on.

tag: Rong

When the grown man turned to her and held his food out to her, offering her a bite, a sort of lightning bolt of indecision struck the poor Lykka. Since she was being so kindly offered the good looking and good smelling food, and her child/teenage curiosity was what had driven her to going so far as to ask the man, she was very tempted to try a piece. If not to check whether it tasted as well as it smelled and satisfy her curiosity, then as a courtesy to the man for being so kind to a young girl such as her... But she already had her own food, so it made her feel weird to accept a stranger's food. Sure, she was a big girl now, but not accepting food from a stranger was the kind of childhood lesson that stuck to people... Besides, she was afraid it might actually taste better that chicken pig.

She lifted her hand and shook her head with a tinier smile. "No, thanks. I have my own delicious food. I was just curious because it didn't seem like anything I'd eaten or smelled before." She explained, before taking another bite out of her meal. Something weird happened then, though. The mix of the very close scent of the komodo chicken kabob and the taste of the chicken pig sort of messed with her head just a little. Confusion overcame her and she had to exhale through her nose in order to clear the food fumes from the vents that were her nostrils. The young girl then had to cough a little after swallowing her food, though not because she had almost choked.

It was because that mix was terribly delicious. She didn't know if it was because of the spiciness of the komodo chicken meal, but her mind just couldn't let go of that taste at the back of her tongue. Immediately turning her green eyes back towards the kabob, Lykka made an involuntary grabbing motion towards it, saying "WAIT !" in a rather loud voice, almost shouting it. But the maturity she was trying so hard to develop made her put a stop to this childish behavior before a clumsy accident - such as spilling the food - could happen.

The dark skinned hand was brought back along her body, and she closed her eyes respectfully before bowing to the man, still holding her meal in the other hand. "I've reconsidered. I would like a piece please. Thanks for offering." Lykka said as politely and formally as possible. Bad habits were the sworn enemies of a good upbringing. She wanted to become a fine grown up woman...

But first she wanted a bite of that meat. Using her chopsticks, she grabbed a piece and dropped it into her mouth. The moment she started to chew, that delightful taste was back again. It wasn't like anything she'd ever had before, that was for sure, but it was precisely that... exotic taste that made it all better. Except for the moment it went down. At that point it started heating up her throat a little too much more than she was used to. She tried not to react to that spiciness, by looking away shyly and breathing deeply instead of coughing... But she couldn't prevent the tears from reaching the corners of her eyes.

So she tried to get her mind off the feeling in her throat. "So... You're obviously not my acquaintance from before..." She let out a tiny cough, in between the sentences "What's your story ?"
This user is a former member
seojin
Oct 4, 2012 19:02:40 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Oct 4, 2012 19:02:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Rowdy Pub
Tag: Kami

SeoJin had listened, with only some apprehension, as Charumati had dismissed her questions in the SatoMobile. They were innocent enough, and so she hadn't dug.

"Lower your voice. Do not feel completely at ease just because this is a known non-bender pub. Do not think your legal status will help shield you from the Councilman's wrath."

SeoJin nodded slowly, "Of course I'm quite aware of a CouncilMan's wrath and the legalities of such a thing could entail. I'm quite aware of the... risks. I chose this location because I like the drinks, not because its safe." It was a half-cocky answer, with just a bit of a wry smile at the end. It was also a lie, but it sounded alright coming off her tongue. She had to something say something, anyways.

"You are treading into dangerous grounds, young lady. Do not be foolhardy; a location is not secure just because there are more of your kind — our kind — here."

At this SeoJin's eyes narrowed, her own gaze becoming slightly more steely. "Do not think me foolish or unwise. Should this meeting go off badly," her lip curled slightly "Well, just remember... We both walk out the winners or you walk out the loser." It was a threat, and she knew it. It wasn't direct enough to be insulting, but rather provide a gravity to her situation. While direct threats weren't permitted, what did a prosecutor do but threaten people all day? She wasn't unbeatable, but she did well in her cases. 'I'm not to be underestimated... Equalists are about equality, so condescension is not appreciated...'

SeoJin stretched her shoulders and seemed much more relaxed than the previous few moments. "Also, please 'Charumati'," she did her fingers in air quotes. She couldn't be sure whether the name was real or not, but seeing as the photo provided in the column had not been, it was an unreasonable guess to throw out there. Of course, the photo could have been just to stop ravenous fans... "Call me SeoJin or Ms. Park. Young lady makes me feel like a little girl." She added mirthful chuckle. She had caught on to the drop of Charumati's supposed NonBender status. 'Much as I suspected, though confirmation of such a status is ultimately far more tricky than being a Bender. Doing nothing is just proving nothingness...'

SeoJin did listen quietly as Charumati described her training experience. That was impressive. And intimidating. She'd been around intimidating people before, but she was now keenly aware of the physical danger she was in. She didn't sweat though, she'd learn to operate under pressure. SeoJin still had plans, she still had ways to where her prior threat could become a truth if things went badly. That is what she believed, at the very least.

"I had heard rumors of lifelong, child warriors... Of course, we'll just have to trust each other when it comes to our stories. The trouble, or perk, of NonBending. Nothing to prove." she actually hadn't heard rumors. Another bluff. She didn't care if Charumati called it. Some bluffs were there to just be statements with little matter to whether they were discovered or not. "I do agree that it would be useful now. As an attorney, I do know how the City is fairing when it comes to less-than-legal matters. I can't say I like it. Not that arresting people or... working with the police gives me great joy either." It was her turn to drop a hint as to her dissatisfaction with the current status quot.

She flexed her shoulders again, "So what styles have you trained in your extensive history? I've only had a little bit of self-defense training." She didn't mind admitting her weakness in that area. Today if a battle was to be fought, her mind would be her weapon of choice. Not that she was disinterested in the physical aspects of Equalists for the future though... "They simply insisted after a few attempted assaults, mainly by Benders." Another hint, "Of course, they're so set in their ways they took one look at my skin tone and decided that I would be learning the style of a WaterBender." she gave a half smile to show her dissatisfaction. "Its very much intended to be used when one can actually bend Water. Its helped me in a pinch or two, but when they can throw flames at you from twenty feet away well... Not equal footing."
This user is a guest
Last edit by seojin: Oct 4, 2012 19:45:48 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 7, 2012 23:27:59 GMT -6

Rowdy Pub

She didn't bat an eyelash at the young woman's threat. The Times had its own share of legal representatives, and she had a few contacts in the Equalists that could put her in touch with theirs'. Amon's followers weren't just a bunch of no-brain thugs. Her face remained serious, however, as it was wont to do, as she dismissed SeoJin's threatening words. "Do as you please," she said, her voice unwavering and bored. She was calling the girl's bluff. She had Rohana's alias, even if she suspected it was false. She couldn't levy charges against her for being an Equalist or suspected of Equalist activities because she had only just admitted to being a non-bender.

And SeoJin was dreaming if she thought she could win a fist fight.

"My warning was for your benefit," she added, adopting the girl's relaxed demeanour with an elegant shrug. She crossed her legs at the ankles and tapped the table. "I have been a respected member of this community for over twenty years. I am not above legalities, if you want to abuse your position, —-" like a bender, was the undercurrent, "—- but I have held a good reputation far longer than you've been alive." She shrugged again. "I bear no will will to you."

Her companion stated she had heard rumours of child warriors; Rohana made a small, non-committal tut with her tongue.

"I have not."

And it was true. Sure, the traditional Galgori began their training as young as absolutely possible, but they were never considered warriors until well after their Trials. The Council of Six had dissolved long ago, with the end of the Hundred Year War, as far as history was concerned, so she doubted SeoJin had heard anything of actual substance of the Galgori, if anything at all. Still, it wasn't impossible - rumours flew about her background among the Equalists, that much was certain, so there was something about. She figured it was more of a nebulous, generic "secret society" type awe than any actual knowledge.

She waved her hand at SeoJin's self-defence training. "That is all well and good, but utterly useless in a fight, especially against those who can command the very earth beneath your feet or water in your cup." Rohana began to delve into more dangerous territory. "You would need to learn, if — Spirits forbid — you were ever accosted by a bending-capable person." Most self-defence was about theoretical circumstance. If someone grabbed your wrist just so for instance, you could incapacitate them. If they restrained you in this particular manner you could kick them behind the knee so they lost their balance. Theory and training were never as good as practical application.

"I do not have a particular style," she began slowly. "My grandparents were very particular about their encouragement. I am fully capable in the old styles of fighting, such as with swords - I particularly favour very large, heavy swords." She gestured as far as her arms would go. "A bit bigger than this, and relatively heavy." Even she could see how apparent her arm muscles were from this position. She brought her arms back in and shrugged. "But I am fully capable with smaller swords, as well as in hand-to-hand combat, and have been trained in old styles for that, as well." She wasn't sure how the Equalists came to be chi-blockers, but there was enough written knowledge about one of Avatar Aang's adversaries who was proficient in the art as well that she assumed it was through them.

Suddenly, Rohana was very tired of all the double-talk. If SeoJin was as good as her hints, she would be an excellent recruit for the Equalists, perhaps a chi-blocker or a glove user. She extended an olive branch.

"You can stop calling me Charumati," the older woman said, her body tensing — not out of worry or fear, but on reflex. "Call me Ro. It is closer to the truth, anyhow."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 9, 2012 19:35:43 GMT -6
seojin
Oct 9, 2012 19:11:16 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Oct 9, 2012 19:11:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Rowdy Pub
[/u]

"Nor I ill will to you." SeoJin said, turning her hand over politely. "I would never dream of abusing my position." It was a lie, at least for this particular instance. While she wouldn't under ordinary circumstances well... in addition to learning a few self-defense techniques, maybe an Equalist or two would get past the Justice system. Maybe. Whether that happened remained to be seen in this meeting. "I merely meant in regards to this situation. I am aware it is you who has me over the proverbial barrel." She smiled a little. "However, if this meeting does not go as I think it might, you will lose a potential ally. I'll lose a opportunity, of which there will be others. The stakes are high in differing degrees."

SeoJin leaned back in her a seat a little, still the image of relaxation. She operated well under pressure, and this was definitely pressure. The woman across from her did indeed have her over the barrel, and it was SeoJin's reputation that hung in the balance. It was also potentially her life, as SeoJin could well and tell she was far from a physical match to her counterpart.

"Oh, y'know. Just street talk. Probably nothing." SeoJin brushed off her bluff in a way that would still make it seem true. It was the best way to not have to explain herself further, which would be more likely to expose the bluff. This way, she kept the bluff tucked away.

SeoJin did muse in the back of her mind what sort of life Charumati had to have been born into to undergo a life of physical training. SeoJin had just had extensive schooling, and that had been exhausting. While she couldn't be sure Charumati was as educated as she, she was obviously literate and had decent schooling. Adding that to a lifetime of physical prowess well... She couldn't help but respect the woman sitting across from her.

"Mm, indeed. I have discovered it is quite ineffective." SeoJin decided to be a little more personal, a little more comfortable. Perhaps that would ease the situation. Reaching forward she pulled lightly on her left sleeve. "I've had a few bad run-ins. Of course the City pays for Healers but well... its never perfect." Across the outside edge of her arm was a series of scars, likely from cuts. "An EarthBender didn't like being arrested. Thought a few shards in me and the arresting officer would be sufficient to stop that. The Officer stopped the shards headed to him, of course, but missed me. All my self-defense... Quite useless." She pulled her sleeve back down. "Theres a few other marks, but not as easy to show." Her lip twitched in a smile. "It was not a... pleasant experience." SeoJin cleared her throat. "I say and show this not for charity, or for pity. I am not a mewling child with wild dreams of pain, revenge, or an obsession over that moment. I merely seek to prevent any further accidents.

SeoJin leaned forward now, folding her arms on the table. She seemed just as relaxed, but more casual and interested in her companions words. "That sounds exhausting. I'm one for hard-work. As I've mentioned, I'd certainly like to be able to defend myself better... Yet, to master all those weapons and all those styles. I can't imagine it." She shook her head. "Not that writing term papers on law are easy either." She laughed, knowing her own academic struggles didn't even compare by a speck to Charumati's childhood.

SeoJin listened quietly, knowing the conversation had finally taken a conversation to the more friendly. "A pleasure, Ro. SeoJin is my real name, so nothing to offer there." She smiled a little. "Thank you for meeting with me all the same, for my interests. Tell me, do I have any potential?" It was her way of asking whether Charu - - Ro had any idea whether the Equalists could use her or not, in any capacity. She wasn't sure whether it was okay to out and say 'equalists', but she was trying to be as non-cryptic as the situation allowed.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 9, 2012 19:47:23 GMT -6

Rowdy Pub

She offered a small incline of her head. "Academics are just as important as physical prowess," the older woman said seriously. "I have studied history and language, as well as the art of intrigue and subtlety — though, I am not a fan of them." She offered SeoJin a small, rare smile. "Being able to engage a foe with your mind as well as your fists or your blade can be the grain of rice that tips the scale. My grandparents and instructors always said a clear and knowledgeable mind was as important a weapon as a sharpened sword."

Tell me, do I have any potential?

Rohana studied the woman across from her, her eyes critical but kind. She noted the scars, surmising that her form was probably unsuited for the strong, stubborn horse stance her Earthbender assailant used. SeoJin had been caught off-guard when the Earthbender attacked, and she had been unable to adjust for the unexpected assault.

But... the girl was incredibly bright, and obviously determined. She would learn quickly, and learn well, and be one of the better students for her drive and desire.

What was important, though, was her motivation.

"Your knowledge and profession would be gratefully accepted anywhere, I think," Rohana told the hopeful young woman, folding her hands together. "And I believe that with the proper physical training, you would quickly become a proficient martial artist." She tilted her head, studying SeoJin's expression.

"But tell me, why would someone invested in the legalities of the City be interested in my... hobbies?" It was, Rohana thought, already obvious where her loyalties lay. It was also obvious that SeoJin was looking for way to meet with Equalists. If only she had gone to an earlier rally! But with Councilman Tarrlok's stance on eradicating Equalist cells, it was no longer safe to openly express interest in the organisation.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 9, 2012 19:47:50 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 10, 2012 20:48:25 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
chibicrashey Avatar
Sept 22, 2012 20:49:26 GMT -6 @chibicrashey said:
Illustrioso

Kamil definitely had not anticipated Yuri choking on her water shortly after he had given her a compliment. Had he said something wrong? He wasn't lying. He hesitated a bit on what to do, but Kira seemed to have a handle on things. It sounded slightly loud, but it seemed to do the trick nonetheless and he was just happy the girl was breathing air again and not water. Kira's words caused him to blink, though.

"If there's anything wrong with my head, your sister is not at fault. Saya would have beaten her to it. And honestly, during practice my looks are seriously the least of my worries. I was serious about my comment." He couldn't help but get the feeling that Kira maybe wasn't all that fond of him complimenting his sister. Maybe he shouldn't have done it the way he did, but he wasn't taking his words back. He did mean what he said.

His attention then went from Kira to Yuri who told him to just ignore her brother. She'd been about to say something Kamil had the feeling was a her not agreeing with his words, but before she could finish her sentence her brother stuffed food in her mouth. Kamil put his head in his hand and glanced between both siblings, eyes ultimately resting on the brother. "I get the feeling you're not particularly fond of me right now." He said bluntly. If so, it wasn't anything he was unfamiliar with. He had a tendency of rubbing people the wrong way. Unintentionally as well as intentionally.

When Ren'ai said something to Yuri the Waterbender tilted his head to the side and glanced around the table. Her boyfriend and Tadashi were talking to each other and Saya was listening in rapt attention. Yuri, Kira and him had been talking to each other... Was anyone else talking to her? He hadn't really been paying attention. Then again it would have been rude of him to look around while in conversation with someone, but he didn't think he had heard her voice that much.

"So Cap," he started, keeping his nickname for her even now, "How have you been up until now? I must say this is a pretty nice party here. It's interesting seeing you guys outside of practice." He wasn't an amazing conversationalist and that had honestly just been what was on the top of his head. But if no one was including Ren'ai in their conversations then he thought he'd at least try to. "I remember you mentioning Yuri and you being best friends," Or at least he thought he remembered that, "How long do you guys know each other, and how'd this friendship come to fruition? If you don't mind my asking."

No longer interested in whatever it was Kamil was up to, Saya was instead paying most of her attention on the conversation between the bald guy and that Firebender guy. The latter having gotten her attention with his mention of being a duelist. Now she was a bit more curious about him and how he dueled. She idly wondered if she asked if he'd duel her.

When it was the bald guy's turn to talk she turned her attention to him, only to have the old lady next to him start talking instead. She didn't quite follow what it was that she had said until the bald guy clarified. So he had a brother? Everyone just seemed to have siblings these days! Though she figured it really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. She wasn't any less interested about what he had to say, though. She had only spent a short amount of time at the Air Temple, and her memory of her time there was vague at best, but just thinking about he was talking about made her smile a bit. It was also interesting to hear a bit about Republic City itself. She honestly didn't know much about the place she now lived in; then again she had spent a great deal of her life just traveling with her parents. Occasionally the Earthbender remembered to take a bite of her food, but she really did want to hear what the other had to say about mostly the Air Temple and the acolyte way.

OOC: Liu is having RL issues atm and asked me to right him out of the storyline. So, therefore, godmoding with done with permission.

Illustrioso

Ren’ai could not have been happier when Kamil decided to ask her a question. She would have given a sigh of relief if she hadn’t thought that would make her seem… well, kind of silly, if she was honest with herself. She was an adult, and shouldn’t need someone to include her in their conversation. She should be able to interject politely without being rude. However, Kamil asking her a direct question gave her a means to interject, which was much easier. He was including her, and she liked that. It made her feel that at least someone was thinking about her, though it wasn’t really either of the people that she wanted to be thinking about her. It wasn’t Kamil’s fault, though, and she was thankful regardless.

Ren’ai had been about to answer her Waterbender’s inquiry when Liu put a hand on her shoulder. Her boyfriend said that he was not feeling well and that he hoped to stick it out through the night, but just couldn’t. He apologized to her and everyone at there. The Firebender watched him walk out, a slightly sad expression on her face. The moment her gold eyes lost sight of him, she mentally slapped herself. This was a party, right? Yes, Liu left, and that made her feel bad, but it was a party. She was going to enjoy herself no matter what. One person leaving, no matter who it was, would not make her have a bad night at her own party. That would only give her something else for her parents to mention.

Ren’ai turned back to Kamil, putting a smile on her face. So, he wanted to know how she and Yuri met? Well, now wasn’t that an interesting story? “Our grandmothers were best friends,” the dark-haired young woman said to her Waterbender. “When I was born, my father wanted someone for me to play with. She had a granddaughter the same age as me, so she introduced us.” She gave a light shrug. “We were very young.” Her mind went back to when she had first met Yuri and remembered how much of a disaster it had been. She chuckled a little bit. “It was kind of a disaster at first, though. Let’s just say that I was a bit of a hothead.” To say that would be an understatement. She was a hothead now, and she had mellowed out with age. There was a lot of stories that she could tell, but she’d keep it light for now unless he asked for more details.

This user is Mod
seojin
Oct 14, 2012 21:53:17 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Oct 14, 2012 21:53:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Rowdy Pub

SeoJin folded her hands together, and set her chin atop of them. She considered the question before her carefully. It was an important question, one that she had thought about for some time. It was a question with an answer not to be taken lightly. While she felt confident in the conclusions she had come to, the matter of articulation could be difficult. She was not one to stumble over words but something so... thick could be difficult to pry from its home.

"It is a layered question with a layered answer. As you say, I am invested in Republic City's system of law and justice. What possible nature could lead me to something so inherently counter-productive to my life's dedication? Perhaps, on one level, it is my life's dedication that has brought me here. I have studied history, art, and certainly law. Within all of these there is a trend that cannot be ignored. A betrayal, an inequality. Law is sometimes represented by a scale. That which is done must be returned. Law and Justice, if properly held, are equal. They do not consider morality or merit, bias or wealth. One is one, and two is two. Except, for those like myself, with an insight to what lies beyond the scale... The scale is not balanced. One side tilts too far greatly in the favor of one person than another. This isn't right. It isn't proper. All the weights have been cast, and they have been found wanting. With no more weights, it is impossible to add to the lighter object. Therefore, one must pursue the logical and rational idea of removing the weights from the heavier side. That is where my interests in the Law and your interests align. Law is not some static gathering of words written in a book; those that run things might try to portray. That is not true law. Or true Justice. That is enforcement. At times, for true Justice to be reached, the words of false judgement must be ignored and something far greater pursued. I seek to pursue it. As do you. As do others. I am merely wanting to take the first step in that pursuit." SeoJin sighed a little after her soliloquy. Having said it, she wondered if it was too... much. There was nothing she could do, for it had been said.

"On another level, I won't deny my own selfishness. I'm still a fallible being who's sole focus is not some mystical idea of justice. I've been hurt, and seen those around me be hurt by the inequality of this world. I don't want to be hurt anymore. I don't want to see those around me hurt. With your interests and mine aligned, I believe both goals can be forwarded. My knowledge can grant me wisdom and tactics shall one of your friends appear before the Councilman. With your help, perhaps I can defend myself and others. Both with my mind," she pointed to her temple, "and perhaps with something else." she clasped a fist. "As my work with calligraphy has taught me, each stroke has its own value. The small strokes, and the long ones. The jagged and the smooth. All are different, and together it is something beautiful that is made. If there is a fault in the paper or the ink... Then it can be disastrous. I want to right the paper for myself and for those who I see hurt. I simply cannot bear it any longer. Call me foolish, idealistic, or naive. These are all concepts I've contemplated as applied to myself. Its just fine if you label me as such. This pain, frustration and... peace is what I feel though, and I won't have it ignored."

SeoJin lowered her hands and laid them on top of each other, on the table. She watched Ro's eyes, wondering what her reaction would be. She had laid her intentions bare, and it left the mood feeling raw. If things were to go right, it would be at this moment. If they were to go wrong, it would occur much the same. "You have heard me. Now I await your examination." SeoJin kept her eyes locked to Ro's, rather than lower them like a feared child.
This user is a guest
chibicrashey
Oct 25, 2012 13:59:43 GMT -6

Post by chibicrashey on Oct 25, 2012 13:59:43 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Illustrioso

Kamil waited patiently for Ren'ai's answer and it seemed like he was about to get his answer, until Liu interjected, announcing his leaving. Well...his stay had been rather on the short side. He thought he would have liked to talking to him, if he ever found a way to do so. He had caught a bit of his conversation with Tadashi and that had piqued his interest a little, but oh well. Maybe he could ask Saya on a later date what all he had said and if his interest had piqued for a good reason. He couldn't help but feel a little bad for Ren'ai, though. She seemed somewhat saddened with his departure, but that was perfectly understandable. Though he thought he heard Saya mutter something beneath her breath and he nudged her slightly, whispering a soft, 'Saya, behave.' The Earthbender just pouted in response.

The Captain seemed to recover from her disappointment well enough, though. Kamil couldn't help but smile back slightly when she smiled at him. The Firebender had only uttered the first sentence and his smile grew a little more. Grandmother's that were best friends, well wasn't that and interesting start. He couldn't help but arch a brow when she mentioned her being a bit of a hothead when she was younger. If she had been a hothead then, what was she now? Just how much of a hothead had she been back then? It was safe to say that Kamil was still a bit on the curious side, though he wasn't sure if he should pry further.

"A bit of a hothead?" he questioned in a bit of a playful tone. Apparently his curiosity won this round. "How big of a disaster can such a young hothead cause anyway?"
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 27, 2012 18:54:09 GMT -6

OOC: We can wait until after the time skip on Nov. 1 to play the next part out, if you want? Or we can do a private thread. :]

Rowdy Pub

Rohana hid a smile; SeoJin burned with the passion of youth, and it was admirable. Idealistic, perhaps -and the young woman did admit that- but admirable. Rohana leaned back in her seat and nodded slowly. "I think you will fit in just fine," she acknowledged. She pulled a small, blank card out from her purse, and quickly scribbled an address in neat, concise script. After a pause, she slid it over to the young woman and gave her a pointed look.

"Our next book club meeting will take place at this bookstore, in one week," she informed the girl. "Please be aware we take our literature very seriously, and do not take kindly to ... disruptions." It was a threat. The next meeting would have several skilled Equalists present, fully capable of holding their own against Republic City forces. In all honesty, Rohana trusted the young woman little. But the Equalist movement wouldn't get anywhere if they didn't extend some small measure of trust. She decided to put her faith in the woman, sending a quick prayer to Koh that her actions would bear good fruit. If not... then SeoJin's betrayal would be on her head. As much as she would hate to dispose of such seemingly wonderful young life, she would not hesitate to do so.

The older woman stood, brushing her skirts out neatly around her. "Thank you for meeting with me, SeoJin," she said with a little bow. "I hope to see you in a week's time."

Rohana gathered her things and left the pub, realising belatedly that SeoJin had brought her there. With a small sigh, she waved down a cab and headed home.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Oct 28, 2012 12:42:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2012 12:42:21 GMT -6

Illustrioso

Yuri was glad that Kamil was talking to Ren’ai, because she was glad for a chance to eat. The food was really good and the red sauce was just perfect. When she saw Liu leaving she could not help but to feel mixed about it. Her best friend was sure to be bummed that he had to leave but if he was not feeling well then there was nothing that could be done about that. She could not help but to hope that he would feel better soon because it would suck if he had caught a bug and ended up giving it to her best friend, and in turn chances are that she would get it. Or was she a bad person for being worried about her own health?

As her good friend was telling their good looking waterbender how they met in the first place she could not help but to watch him out of the corner of her eye. When he asked how big of a hothead the firebender could have been when she was younger. A little laugh escaped her as she lifted her hand to cover her mouth to cover the smile that graced her lips. Of course she could not help but to add in her very own comment as she was starting to feel comfortable with the whole party.

“Believe it or not she has absolutely mellowed out with age. Like the first time we met each other I could not help but to think that she was such a little girly girl. I had to ask if she was expecting for me to play dolls with her. Well let’s just say that Ren’ai here did not like my attitude and tried hitting me in the head with a fire ball. Lucky for me she was not very good at aiming back then and I was able to dodge it, but her grandmother’s rose bush was not so lucky.” The green eyed woman couldn’t believe that she had talked as much as she had. And she couldn’t help but to smile just remembering it, the colors from her memory were bright and clear like it had happened yesterday although it had been years ago. She had to take a sip of water because her throat felt a little dry.

Anonymous
Oct 28, 2012 21:03:26 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Oct 28, 2012 21:03:26 GMT -6

'Treasures' Restaurant and Collectables
{TAG: Zombi]

I'd love to."

The contact of skin on skin was...electrifying. Or at least that's what the burlier man thought. And he would know, he spent a vast majority of his time dealing with that particular element. Enamoured would easily define what Kwan was feeling right now. This younger man was interesting, and they had literally just run into each other. Amber eyes took the Waterbender's form in, without being lascivious about it. A new shirt? Sounds quick enough, wonder if he'll change into... A mental slap brought him out of that train of thought. You're certainly a little further ahead of this date that isn't a date Kwan. Wise up. Don't do anything stupid. And for Avatar's sake, get out of your own head! The firebender's brow had furrowed over his thought process and he seemed a bit lost in his head for several moments.

"I'd love you..." The hand not grasping Shtiya's quickly slapped up over his eyes, his face turning scarlet, and suddenly he was stammering. "I-I-I meant..." He had done a most excellent job of sticking his foot in his mouth on this. "...Oh b-b-b-bother. I didn't mean that...not that you're not gorgeous or anything, and I'm sure you've already got somebody, and..." he was certainly stepping further into his hole now. And what if he thinks you're a creep now? What if he's not attracted to the same type of people that you are? You probably just ruined a perfectly good shopping trip, not to mention the meal. Way to go Kwan. He wanted nothing more at this moment to just turn and leave the whole ordeal behind him.

A sigh left him and it seemed to take almost all of his confidence with it. His mouth was working ahead of his brain, which he always thought was a horrible idea since more often that not it landed him in very hot soup. It rarely went well for him and mostly seemed to make him look completely inept. Though he seemed completely defeated by his own words, and even more so by his own mind, he still managed to utter the next few words. "W-what I meant to say is that I'd l-love to accompany you in your quest for a new shirt." His deep voice, usually resonant and baritone, now just seemed to this pit of disbelief. "A-and my name is Kwan." He walked beside the lithe man as they made their way to the clothing store, the entire time Kwan expected that his companion would demand that he leave him to his shopping and go be strange toward some other individual.

They arrived at the shop and golden eyes followed Shtiya around the shop, watching carefully. He noted the lingering gaze on a particularly stylish shirt before the graceful steps took the bandaged bender away to a much more simple, not to mention cheaper, section of the store. Kwan noted it, filed it away, and then made a rather impulsive decision.

As they headed toward the restaurant, he stopped. "Um. Sorry, excuse me for just a moment. I seem to have dropped my wallet back in the clothiers..." He hadn't, of course, but he needed an excuse to get back to that shop quickly and without the gorgeous waterbender and did so without waiting for a reply, he wouldn't be long. He'd certainly put up some kind of fuss is he happened to see what Kwan was doing. The firebender hoped that his idea would smooth over some of the idiocy from a little while ago. So it was, when Kwan entered the shop, he went immediately to the green shirt, lifted it from its place, and went to the counter.

"I'd like this shirt please. Um, gift wrapped, if you can do it quickly and neatly." He counted out the money needed, noting that it was a pricey purchase. He wondered what it was Shtiya did. Surely a gorgeous man deserved an equally as gorgeous wardrobe. Do -not- mess this up, you big oaf. This is a gift, nothing more. No promises, no wrangling, simply a gift meant to cover up your first bumbling mistake. When the shopkeep handed him a neatly wrapped bundle, wrapped in ocean blue paper with an emerald green ribbon, Kwan smiled at her and hurried out of the shop back to Shtiya. He nonchalantly held the package at his side and semi-lead, semi-followed the blue-eyed healer to the restaurant.

He'd never been to the place, but the smells and good-natured atmosphere hit him immediately. He hoped the lunch went much better, and without any social faux pas to speak of. He sincerely doubted it, but he hoped.