The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

being generous isnt easy (emi)

Anonymous
Jul 21, 2012 21:47:37 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 21, 2012 21:47:37 GMT -6

"Clean up the shop and lock up the shop when you're done. I'm going home," the old man, Yuuta's master, said his voice shaking as much as his hands due to his muscle dystrophy. Under normal circumstances, he wouldn't have accepted Yuuta as his apprentice, but his disease was eating him away and with no son to take over, he decided to teach the younger male all of his tricks and recipes for healing. Not even with a partner to share his life with, he seemed to find the grumpy Yuuta's company. Yuuta only hoped he could inherit the shop after his passing as an established store wouldn't need too much work to have regulars.

The green eyed man said his farewells to his master, though he stayed at the mixing table, fixing a remedy with a mortar. It wasn't anything for him, nor for a customer. Dedicated to his work, Yuuta tried to make sure the more popular concoctions were available at hand when needed. He still had a few more he wanted to do, but with the sun setting so quickly, he was loosing daylight with which he walked under on his way home. He tried to avoid any and all scenarios in which he could be a victim, injured or killed. Staying at work after hours wasn't too great either. To make sure the supplies didn't go bad, they tried to keep the place as cool as possible. Sure, he could stay, but he wasn't going to get any sleep.

Leaving his work unfinished, he took a pinch of aspirin and swallowed it to help him walk. Yuuta slid out the back to door, taking only his cane and set of keys with him, fumbling with the mess of keys, he managed to shut and lock the door. The alley the back door lead to wasn't too narrow- his shoulder length doubled- and wasn't littered like others in this part of the city. Actually, as he made his first few steps, he felt great that he wasn't in need of his cane, letting the hook of the cane rest on his arm, strolling along.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 21, 2012 23:15:20 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jul 22, 2012 16:36:35 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 22, 2012 16:36:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi was finally used to the city but still had no job. So she still had to steal food for Haku,her platypus bear, and herself. She was getting a little careless though. She was getting caught much more and had to run from metal benders. But she can always escape from using roof tops and sewers.  The only bad thing was Emi loved the thrill, and running from metal benders became a hobby.

Except one day was different. She was riding on the back of Haku in the park and people where giving her funny looks. But Haku has been trapped in that little apartment for a while and needed fresh air. Emi had planned to watch the sunset with Haku until she heard some people yelling. When she turned around four metal benders where running toward her and she recognized one of them. One was chasing her yesterday after she stole a bag of oats. Apparently he recognized Emi too.

Emi quickly hoped on Haku and started to ride away. How was she going to escape with Haku. He could not fit in sewers or jump roofs. Haku was fast but got tired quickly and the metal benders would catch up shortly.  Then she had an idea in the park there was a lake, so she pulled Haku's fur in that direction. He plunged into the water and Emi commanded him to dive. As they disappeared in the lake Emi made an air bubble for her to breath, as Haku swam to the bottom. Emi was hoping they would go away and she could come back up again. But Metal rods came shooting into the water like metals whips.  One popped her bubble and they had to come back up. But when they did Emi was ready and made a wave of water and froze the metal benders together. 

She laughed as she rode away and she headed into the city. She started to slowdown on Haku until more benders came. Emi had to make a quick decision that she was hoping would work.
" Haku run back to the apartment or anywhere just don't get caught." 
Emi started to run but Haku followed.
" No Haku run!! Don't worry we'll be together soon."
She was hoping that they would not chase Haku and only chase her ,which luckily is what they did.  She went to the roof tops and started running until a metal rod come from the sky and cut her arm wide open. A police balloon got her. She fell and her arm was gushing blood it was a deep cut. The balloon was coming closer and she had to hide . So she just jumped off the roof not knowing how far down it could be. Luckily she landed in hay and was hidden. But it stung her arm from all the hay getting stuck in it. She waited for an half an hour and then came out of the hay pile. 

She felt dizzy and there was no one in the ally way to help her and it was now dark. She fell to the ground again and looked at her arm . She took water out of her pouch and tried to heal it. Since she was still learning how to heal it was better but not one hundred percent. She was going in and out when someone picked her up. It was a man with green eyes who seemed to be having a lot of trouble carrying her. In fact it felt like he almost dropped her a few times. Who was this man and where was he taking Emi?
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 17:10:33 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 17:10:33 GMT -6

Yuuta groaned, watching as the buildings cast their long shadows everywhere, causing everything to be darker that it should have. Possibly for the best, he should turn around. Shuai wouldn't notice his absence anyways as she often worked night hours, so he didn't have to worry about anyone else worrying about him, a thankful thought seeing as he hated to trouble people. He turned around and began to head back when he noticed a feint blue light only feet away from him. He squinted his eyes, trying to make out the edges that the light hit, trying to see what was going on. Eventually, he realized what it was: a hurt girl -a waterbender- trying to heal herself but not working very well from the looks of it.

He took a few more steps towards the girl only to see that she had only barely managed to close the wound. In fact, it was a pretty bad cut she had there; how did she get it? His instinctive nature kicked in very quickly and before he knew it he was kneeling down next to her figuring out how to pick her up in the most effective way. In the end, he picked her up bridal style -why was it named that of all things?- hoping the cane that still hung on to his arm didn't hurt her back or neck. He couldn't do much more to make the ride any comfortable for her as it was already painful enough for him. His own weight he could manage; going up the stairs were painful, but he could deal with it; but carrying his weight plus another's was too much, even if she was light.

He limped his way back to the store, setting her down as carefully as he could manage, though he heard a thunk of two which he presumed only to be a few knocks on the head and nothing more. Once the door was open, he picked her up one last time to take her to one of the sick beds they offered. Her arm was still bleeding pretty badly and he got up with the help of his cane (his leg throbbing from exertion) and grabbed several bandages, warm salt water, a cloth and a surgical needle and thread.

Yuuta easily cleaned her wound with the salt water and cloth, but the wound was too deep to keep open. To prep, he tied the thread to the eye of the needle and used a clean spot of the cloth and put it in her mouth. The last thing he would need, after being so generous as to help her, was for her to bite her tongue off. Slowly, he began to stitch the wound closed, trying to use the minimum amount of stitches to help keep it closed.

Done, he laid back, resting his head on the frame of the bed opposite to the one he had laid the girl on. Who was she?
emimatsuda
Jul 22, 2012 17:45:09 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 22, 2012 17:45:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The last thing Emi remembered was being carried away from the ally. When she finally came to it was still night and she was laying down. She then felt pain shoot across her arm. It was her cut, it felt liked it was stabbed by needles. She looked down and realized she had been, someone stitched her up. She looked around and saw a man who fell asleep on another bed.  Emi then remembered Haku. She had to go find him.

She slowly got up and tried not to wake up this man. Pain shot through her arm and she  let out a little scream. It was fine, she got up and started walking until she stubbed her foot on one of the bed legs the man was sleeping on.
" AWWWWW STUPID LITTLE ..OUCH."
She then realized the man woke up and was giving her a funny look. She saw a bowl of water and bended it around her two arm.
" Who are you and where am I? Ouch dang it."
The water fell to the ground, she couldn't hold it with her bad arm. Hopefully this guy was friendly.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 18:06:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 18:06:04 GMT -6

OOC// You're godmodding a little bit; thought I would let you know.

Yuuta hated the sick beds. Not only had they seated sick people (it wasn't the people he didn't mind; it was the sicknesses that lingered), but they were only slightly softer than the wooden floorboards. Sleeping wasn't something that was going to come to him easily. Strangely enough, as he thought all of this, it seemed like that the sleeping girl was no longer resting. Instead, she started screaming. Compared to the silence before that, she might have as well been scratching on a chalk board, but the non-bender saw this as something to do compared to laying around and doing nothing- oh, hey, he could finish up his work after dealing with her.

"Hey, calm down," he said, expecting his voice to sound irratated, but seeing as he still viewed her as someone that needed help, his subconscious kept his voice and actions calm and slow. "You're hurt; don't move that arm around too much," he tried to say as she began to bend the bloodied water- the aftermath of cleaning her cut. He held up his hands, his fingers fully extended, as a peaceful movement to show he was not holding any weapons or such.

She dropped the water, her arm apparently unable to take the weight of the water. Hm, then this was a bit worse than he had originally suspected. She must have nicked something important that using the muscle would pain her. "You're in my care," he told her, not really knowing how to say where she was. It wasn't his place to bring in people and it was placed in between districts, so it was hard to really say where it was. "I'm a herbalist, Yuuta. You were hurt when I found you, so I took you in." She seemed a bit rustled and he could only hope that she saw his words and actions as reasonable and didn't try to bend again.

He put one of his open hands on her shoulder, gently applying pressure so she would take a seat on the bed. "You need to rest," he said, hoping to ease her a bit more. "This is a safe place. Is there anything I can get you? Some food?" With all the blood she had lost, she was going to need the calories to produce more so long as his stitches held up and the blood wouldn't continue to flow.
emimatsuda
Jul 22, 2012 18:48:01 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 22, 2012 18:48:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
This man tried to keep Emi calm but how could she. Her arm is wide open and Haku is missing. He was talking but Emi didn't pick up the first part ,her head was still spinning.
"I'm a herbalist, Yuuta. You were hurt when I found you, so I took you in.
You need to rest, This is a safe place. Is there anything I can get you? Some food?"

" Ya YUU-TA get me a bowl of clean water and whatever food you got." 
Emi felt like she was a prisoner and hated it. She just wanted this man to leave and to get her water.

He nodded his head and disappeared. So Emi looked around to see how she could escape when she saw Haku out the window. He must have followed her sent. She quickly jumped out the window and landed on his back. 
" Good boy Haku now back to the apartment." 
She felt bad leaving Yuuta but Emi just didn't know what was going on. So when she got to her apartment she got some clean water and tryed to heal her arm again. Nothing worked so her and Haku just went to bed. 

When she woke up she was in great pain and her stitches didn't look to good. She didn't want to go to a hospital because metal benders always tell the hospitals about wounded fugitives and to keep a look out. So Emi had no choice but to go back to that herbalist place. She hopped on Haku and told him to go back where she was last night. Because it was to dark for Emi to remember. 

When they got there they used the front entrance. Haku waited out side while Emi went in. But instead of Yuuta there was a old man?  Was this the same place? Well it was an herbalist building and Emi's arm was killing her and she couldn't water bend to well. So she had to ask for help, something she hated. But first she would see if it was the same place she was last night.
" Hi is Yuuta here?"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 19:14:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 19:14:58 GMT -6

It was understandable that she would be scared, waking up in unfamiliar territory and all. He preferred to think that other than she was just as stubborn as he was. "Sure," he ended up saying, walking with his cane off to the work room, taking the now empty bowl with him. Clean water was easy, but food? He didn't even know why he suggested it seeing as they barely had anything. They had tons and tons of medicines, remedies and concoctions but bread? Soup? Fruit? Unless the old man had left his lunch, Yuuta was going to have some troubles.

As he poured water into the bowl, he heard the door shut. Sighing, he guessed it was alright. Sure it wasn't going to be good for that girl, but it's not like she was in critical need. He doubted he was ever even going to see her again but hoped that he had done something to help her in the long run. Seeing as she was a waterbender (and capable of healing) he assured himself that she was going to be just fine.

He slept as easily as he could on the sick bed until light poked in through the windows. The apprentice was quick to his feet (as he was all rested, he was not in need of his cane) and back to work even before his master came back. Though sleeping over in the shop wasn't something common, the old man understood and left the situation untouched.

"Huh?" the old man said, surprised as he manned the shop front. A girl requesting Yuuta? What a surprise! Actually, it was more of a shock as to anything else. "Yeah, sure, I'll get him for you." The shaky old man walked off, alerting his apprentice of the situation.

"Hello, are you feeling better?" he said as he walked into the store front, trading duties with his master. "That arm," Yuuta began, "It doesn't look too good. Is that why you came back?" he asked, raising a brow at her. Though he wouldn't turn her away, he did want to know why she ran off and if she was expecting free treatment. Last night, he did that because he felt like he could save a life. Right now, it was something different.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 22, 2012 19:15:25 GMT -6
emimatsuda
Jul 22, 2012 21:48:04 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 22, 2012 21:48:04 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Ya my arm is killing me and my healing won't work sooooo..... Can you help me." 
Emi said with a big cheesie smile. She started thinking how different he looked in light. His green eyes and his pony tail some how Emi found it appealing. And he is still being so nice to her even though she was a jerk to him. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.
" Oh by the way sorry for last night but Haku found me after we......" she was going to say got separated from the metal benders but what if he turned her in. Emi still couldn't trust him one hundred percent.
" We got separated because he chased a squirrel. See Haku is a platypus bear, I was looking for him and I guess he found me. So I left with him last night."

Then Emi realized she didn't have a reason why her arm got split open.  Maybe she would let him ask so she could think of a lie to tell him. Maybe Emi should be more carful. If she was she wouldn't need all this help in the first place. Or maybe she will lay low while her arm heals. Well, if Yuuta help hers. That's when Emi realized she was had no money to pay for medicine. What was she going to do now.
This user is a guest
Last edit by emimatsuda: Jul 22, 2012 21:49:38 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 22:33:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 22:33:00 GMT -6

Yuuta listened to the girl's words, waiting patiently as he leaned on the front desk. Something rung false about what she said to him, but he decided not to touch the subject. He didn't want to know what he didn't need to on any account unless the subject perked his interest such as the time Shachi tried to pass off the lie of a secret book club.

"I can help you, just follow me,"he said as he beckoned her to follow with a wave of his hand walking in the direction of the sick beds' room. "Take a seat and I'll be back. Still want that food?" pausing only long enough to hear her answer and walk off for supplies. In the back, he saw his master inspecting the remedies he had finished this morning. The old man merely gave him an odd look, as if he couldn't believe what was going on.

"She only wants a quick fix for her arm; I'll pay for it," Yuuta said as he gathered his own materials and returning to the room, pulling up a stool next to the bed he had laid her on last night, placing the tools on the ground next to his feet. "So do I get a name?"he asked cheekily as he inspected the wound and is ruined handwork. The stitches were roughed up and scabbed over, like she hadn't bothered to throughly wash it.

It looked like it was on the borderline of an infection. Hopefully, with one of his premixed remedies, he could prevent that. He snipped away at the stitches, pulling out the string and washing it lightly as not to remove the scab but to clean it instead, afterwards lightly spreading a bit of the herbal remedy on it.

"What happened for such a deep cut?"he asked her, more concern in his voice that inquiry. She was, by his standards, a very pretty lady and a bender at that, too. What had she done to end up in that hay with a scratch? And why did she own a platypus bear named Haku? Oh, so many questions but no nerve to bug her with them.
emimatsuda
Jul 22, 2012 23:18:28 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 22, 2012 23:18:28 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yuuta started fixing up the stitches while Emi started answering all his questions.
 " I'm Emi, Emi Matsuda. And ya this cut.."
Emi started to panic a little, what should she say. She started to panic she couldn't think of anything but the truth. Then for some reason she thought about how awful jail would be. Then she thought of her home. She used to be a normal girl from the northern watertribe until she ran away.

For some reason Emi got over whelmed with emotion. She looked off in the distance away from her arm.  As she turned back to look at Yuuta her ice blue eyes shimmered. Her eyes where huge and she had the prettiest eyelashes to go with them. And when her eyes locked with his she felt relaxed.

" Honestly.... I had a run in with some metal benders."
DID EMI JUST SAY THAT! Emi panicked again. 
" I have no idea why I just said that? Please don't tell anyone just fix me up and I'll be on my way."

This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 22, 2012 23:35:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 22, 2012 23:35:46 GMT -6

Emi? That's a cute name, though it wasn't something you would usually find around here in Republic city. Judging by her clothes and attire he could accurately conclude she was from the northern water tribe compared to the south. Though it was hard to pick out, there were always differences in facial traits and attire to suggest where they were from. Earthbenders, though, as they were in larger numbers tending to be from all over.

Yuuta stoked what he was doing from mere shock when she told him why she had received such a cut, though it did make sense. He studied the girl, trying to place whether he was harboring some big time criminal or simply a thief quick enough to get away. Going with the latter, he resumed his work.

"Its fine, I don't care," he reassured her. He dealt with worse, such as the Equalist, Shachi, that bugged him until he almost died from her annoying ways. Besides, if the police couldn't do their work properly, why should he assist them? To him, they didn't exactly prioritize things too well. Thank goodness the avatar has arrived. Maybe something will change.

"Here,"Yuuta said, holding up a clean cloth. "Bite down; this will hurt a bit." He began to stitch her arm up a bit. Thankfully, the wound had stopped bleeding compared to last night, but if it didn't stay stitched, she would end up with a pretty nasty scar there. Done with his work, he looked at her crystal eyes. "Why were they chasing you? Is there any way I can help?" Why was he putting so much into this for her? Well, yeah, he did find her cute and attractive, but what urge in him lead him to want to help her? That's right... his mother was up the at the northern pole for proper treatment, but was that really it?
emimatsuda
Jul 23, 2012 7:54:35 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 23, 2012 7:54:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
He didn't care? Well Emi was relieved that she wasn't going to jail today.  Then he had to fix the stitches.  Emi bit down on a cloth and prepared for the worst. Last time she was out when he stitched her up but now because she was awake, it hurt and she now hated needles.  Then as Emi bit down on the cloth she watched as Yuuta was so careful when stitching her. It reminded her of a healer back home in the Northern Watertribe.

The healers name was Yoshiko, one of the best healers there. Emi went to her every time she got hurt fighting. Yoshiko couldn't be more pashionet about healing and Emi could see so was Yuuta. But Emi used to visit Yoshiko even if she wasn't hurt. Emi loved to talk to her and a patient she had. Emi never knew her name but she was so nice and always talked about how amazing her son is. He gave up everything for her and Emi always thought that was amazing. 

"Why were they chasing you? Is there any way I can help?"
He actually wanted to help? No one has ever been this nice to Emi. 
" Well one of the metal benders recognized me from when I stole some food. But I can't find a job any where and well..... It's just me and Haku down here... I'm on my own. But no I'm fine, you've helped enough"
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 10:24:14 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 10:24:14 GMT -6

She handled the stitches better than he thought she would have. Most people squirmed, something understandable, but she barely even flinched. He tried not to look at her face as he did it, mostly because he needed to watch the needle but also because he hated seeing anyone in pain though it was his job. Seeing anyone in pain and needing help knotted his stomach in ways that wouldn't go away until the job was done.

"Understandable," he commented, though his mind was focused on tying the last of stitches off. To finish it all off, he wrapped some gauze around her arm, tying it at the ends tightly so it wouldn't fall off. Reopening of the wound was a big possibility and whatever blood to fall out would hopefully be caught by that until she could get back to him, or anyone in that case for help.

He leaned back from his work and put his knuckles to his mouth as he pondered how to help her even if she didn't want it. "I could convince my master to give you a job here. It might not be much, but it would be something. Also, if you need a place to stay, you are free to use the sick beds as long as we don't need them," Yuuta offered. They always needed someone to clean up the shop and having a waterbender around might be nice as well as a healer, even though they were more of a medicine shop than a personal hospital. Still, they would never turn away someone in need. At the very least, he wouldn't.
emimatsuda
Jul 23, 2012 10:49:53 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 23, 2012 10:49:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
" REALLY! You can get me a job. That would be amazing and I just learned to heal! If you could get me this job that would be fantastic! And it's fine I have a apartment that Haku is aloud to stay at."

Wow a job. It was Emi's third week in the city and no one would hire her. But looks like she might have found a great job. And if they need someone who needs healing it would be great practice for Emi. Except does she really want this job. She just meet Yuuta and he is giving her a job possible with no strings attached? 

Or he actually could just be a really nice guy. Ones thing for sure though, he was a much better man than Lee.  Emi wish she could have seen the look on his face when she ran away from the arranged marriage. But she had to run away ,she didn't love him. And even with this huge cut it was still better than back home. She would rather have ten huge cuts than return to the northern watertribe.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 14:44:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 14:44:08 GMT -6

Yuuta was glad she decided to accept his empty offer of a job though he knew her first intentions were to get fixed up and leave as to get out of his hair. He offered her an assuring smile as he stood up, taking the bowl of dirty water and other supplies to the back room though the old man was not where he last was. He began to scan the shop only to find him at the front desk counting the money in the register.

"Master, I would like to make a request," he said, proceeding to tell the owner of the shop what I he knew, what was going on and a possible solution as to how to fix it. This discussion managed to last longer than he predicted, talking about salary, conditions and form of work. When it was all done, he stood up and headed toward the sick room.

Leaning on the door frame to the sick room he began to sort his works and how to tell her. "What I can give you is a cleaning job for five yuans an hour. As we are a medicinal shop, we only accept patients into the sick room for chronic treatment or as urgent care. Unless your healing powers are up to that standard, I'm afraid we cannot allow you to provide that sort of service."Yuuta hoped she wouldn't take this as an offense to her healing ability but rather to protect the health of the clients.
emimatsuda
Jul 23, 2012 16:43:30 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Jul 23, 2012 16:43:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
“ I'll take it!”
Emi was ecstatic that she got a job. Cleaning wasn't to bad and no healing seemed like a good idea. She could maybe heal a scratch, but she was re leaved. She could now actually live in the city. She could stop running and hiding from police. She could finally live a normal life with Haku. Maybe even afford a better apartment.
“ When can I start?”

Emi just wanted to work. The more money the better. She needed some food and some new clothes. Her water tribe clothing gave her away to the metal benders. And with her injured arm if she got noticed she would be caught. But that doesn't matter things were looking good. Thanks to this kind young man, Yuuta.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 23, 2012 18:27:29 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 23, 2012 18:27:29 GMT -6

When could she start? Well, he a actually didn't consider her wanting to go head first into this with the shape her arm was in, but he guessed if he had no money he would like to start as soon as possible. "You may start any time. Our hours here, I might warn you, are rather odd. I usually spend most of my time here, unless I have to go to work -Im an apprentice here so I had to take up a job to pay the bills. You may come or go when you please, but if there is no more work to be done, you can come to me and I'll give you a task or go home. We're not going to pay you if there's no work to be done."It was a rough thing to say, but it needed to be said. She did seem rather young -maybe her small stature made her seem a bit younger- so he thought it best to lay down the laws of the land.

"If you do want to start now, there's today's and yesterdays mess from me helping you,"he said gesturing to the dried blood on the ground: her blood. He told her he would be off and left the room to head towards the back where he began to label jars as to what it is and what its meant for, sorting the jars in the cupboards neatly. Then Yuuta returned to fixing up remedies and making a list of the herbs they would need to buy at some point so that their stock didn't get too low.
emimatsuda
Aug 10, 2012 4:09:11 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Aug 10, 2012 4:09:11 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
" Oh my gosh really?!" 
Emi was thrilled she just got a job and could start working today.
" Ya I can work now. I'll clean up this mess that I made and I won't let you down." 
Yuuta nodded and went off into another room. Emi looked at the mess she made. She had dried blood on the floor and a bowl filled with bloody water. She was thinking how to clean this with out irritating her arm or getting it dirty. Then she had an idea. With her good arm she did easy water bending moves. She moved the bloody water into the sink and then got cleaned water and ran it across the floor. It got the blood out and everything looked clean.

Emi put the needle away and was looking for a place to store the bowl. She then saw all the other bowls on a shelf and tried to put it back, but she was to short. She didn't see any stools or chairs around and she didn't want to bother Yuuta. So she made a big block of ice and climbed on it. She used it as a stool and placed the bowl back. She was pretty proud of her self until she slipped off the block of ice. Her head hit the ground but it wasn't to far of a fall, she was fine. But when she looked up Yuuta was staring down at her.
" Well finished cleaning up this mess what else do you have for me."
Emi said with a smile while she was still on the floor, and Yuuta smiled back.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 10, 2012 10:39:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 10, 2012 10:39:39 GMT -6

Yuuta had left for his own work, only to see his master was working on it. That only meant that he had to do the... paperwork. Without a work, he left that room for the front of the shop, sitting at the register, passing by Emi as she cleaned the floor with her waterbending. Well, he hadn't thought of that, to tell the truth. As a nonbender, he imagined her grabbing a clean bowl of water and a rag and using some elbow grease to get the job done.

Sitting at the register, he grabbed the pad of paper and a pen to start him off on yesterday's sales. Quick notes were scribbled all over the page while the sales had been made, but that wouldn't keep track of profits. Or deficits. Pulling those papers out of the pad, he went through each one, picking out what they sold and for what. He even made the effort to write down the herbs and ingredients that had been in each sold remedy and solution. And with that remedial task finished, he found that they had not only broken even, but had a fifty yuan profit from yesterday. Good, they were low on supplies.

He headed to the back to look over what they needed only to hear a thunk. Peaking around the corner, he saw a block of ice and Emi laying on the ground. He only nodded when she said the job had been finished. He was half flabbergasted at the sight in front of him and the other half frustrated.

"Did the idea ice is slippery ever occur?" He had gone out on a limb and got her a job and was already flopping all around the place. The spirits hated him. That's it. There was no other explaination. With a sigh, he stepped over the waterbender to get a look at their inventory. Yup, the spirits did hate him: they were low on just about everything.

"Come with me," Yuuta told her as he went to approach the owner of the store. "I'll be out getting supplies; you might want to look after the front." Yeah, it wasn't the most formal or nice way to say it, but he was frustrated and, anyways, his master was used to it.

Grabbing his cane as he went back to the front and pocketing about thirty yuans, he left, not even bothering to check if she was still following him. "We're going shopping for supplies and I need a hand taking the stuff back." Okay, now having her around didn't seem too bad. He didn't trust her with store money yet, seeing as they just hired her, but at least he wouldn't have to make multiple trips for supplies. Too much walking could hurt his leg, but he took the cane just in case, letting it hang off his arms as he looked through his own notes.

"Where are you from?" he asked, even though he already had an idea.
emimatsuda
Aug 21, 2012 11:07:51 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Aug 21, 2012 11:07:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi thought oh great she screwed up. Why did she make a block of ice anyway? Now looking back at it, it was very stupid. Well now apparently they were going to the market.  They were about to go out the door when she remembered her pouch of water she left in the back. She never weny anywhere without a supply of water because you never known when you'll need it.

They were walking when Yuuta asked about where she was from. Emi didn't know what to say. She would say republic city but she only had   Watertribe clothing. So it was pretty obvious that she was from one of the tribes. But she couldn't explain why her and Haku where here alone. Or could she trust Yuuta. She looked up and got lost in his eyes and just smiled.
" Northern water tribe."
WHY DID SHE JUST SAY THAT!
" But aaa don't ask why I'm here by my self .... It's a long story."
This user is a guest