The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

being generous isnt easy (emi)

Anonymous
Aug 21, 2012 22:59:54 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 21, 2012 22:59:54 GMT -6

"Northern, huh?" he replied with bit of warmth in his voice that made his voice, to him, not sound like it even came out of his mouth. "My mom's up there right now," Yuuta told her. It somehow felt... right to tell her something about himself as she had revealed to him that she was having a problem with the police. Though it wasn't nessisarily the first thing he enjoyed hearing from a wounded girl, he honored her honesty. Talking about why his mother wasn't always his favorite thing, but as long as he kept away from the
'why' of things, he figured he would be fine. Perhaps making himself relateable would make him less intimidating, if that was what she thought of him. At the least, he could make a friend.

"Don't worry, I won't," he said to reassure her. His mind, however, was focused on his leg, trying to notice any small twitches in the damaged muscle or so much as a sore spot. Anything to indicate that his leg was going to start hurting, he would take a small break from walking. He really hated this condition of his; it slowed him down and made him feel rather weak and old. But as he focused on that, from the corner of his eye he could see a portion of the market come in to view.

"In the future, I might send you out to gather materials, such as the ones I'm getting now. If you want, I can loan you a book on herbs," he offered, though the real reason was not to help her, but to help his sanity. As selfish as it might sound, he hated explaining things over and over again to people that would come back empty handed anyways. And, if it wasn't to prejudiced, he figured that people up in the north pole wouldn't know too much about herbal medicines. With all their healers, they wouldn't have the need, not to mention the fact they have so much snow that it would be down right impossible to grow anything.
This user is a former member
emimatsuda
Aug 22, 2012 15:38:51 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Aug 22, 2012 15:38:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
"Oh ya that would be great. That would probably help a lot ."
Emi hesitated a little, her head was spinning. If he was from Republic city why was the mom in the Northern Watertribe? The only reasons they got outsiders was if, then it hit Emi. His mom was sick and being treated in the Northern Watertribe. And if she was being treated Yoshiko was probably treating her. The best healer there, who Emi visited ALOT! 

What if Emi knew his mom? She did talk to a lot of costumers Yoshiko was healing. But Yuuta seemed sensitive on the subject but, maybe it would make him feel better that Emi knew his mom was ok. Then she notice he was limping pretty bad. His pain seemed to come and go Emi noticed. She was always to scared to ask what happened.

Then Emi decided to take a chance and bring up Yuutas Mom.
" You know outsiders only stay there if they are sick. You don't have to answer but what's her name? I was there getting healed a lot and just to visit the patients. Maybe I knew her?"
Emi hoped she didn't upset Yuuta.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 22, 2012 16:20:43 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 22, 2012 16:20:43 GMT -6

Yuuta's ears perked up at Emi's words. He didn't want to seem to excited, but it was possible some of his excitement leaked into his body language. "Her name?" he questioned. Sure, he knew her name. He mostly referred to her as 'Mom' or 'Mother', only hearing the occasional visitor use her real name. He wasn't as informal as some kids these days; he didn't even know his master's first name. He actually enjoyed keeping things formal seeing as it prevented unwanted relationships. "Kuella," he finally remembered, his head giving a quick, small nod and a smile forming on his lips as he remembered his mother. However, he highly doubted she knew his mother. He spent most of his money trying to get the best care for his mother. If she was stealing to survive, could she really have gotten healed where his mother was?

Then one thought came to mind: why was she getting healed a lot in the first place? His mind instantly went for the worst, thinking of abuse or overworking, falling victim of exhaustion. "Did you get hurt often?" Yuuta asked, hoping he wasn't prying too much.
emimatsuda
Aug 22, 2012 17:19:35 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Aug 22, 2012 17:19:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Emi smiled and blushed when she said Kuella.  She actually talked to her the most. She loved listening about story's of how great her son ones. Emi developed a little crush on her son but now she knows it's Yuuta. Emi thought what a small world that she meet both of them.  The best part was she had good news for Yuuta. 

" Ummm ya I went to get healed a lot. My moms best friend is the best healer in the Northern Watertribe. I would get into fights and climb some mountains sometimes, you know little bumps and bruises. And since I knew her she would fix me up for free, but somedays I would come anyway and talk to her patients."
Emi was thinking how to say the next part. He probably hasn't seen the mom in a long time. But Emi had really good news for him.. In a way. Well Emi thought it was good news.
"  I talked to one patient in particular  a lot. I would listen to how great her son was and how she missed him. She is still sick but doing well...........her name was Kuella......... And she is really proud of you and loves you."
She hoped this news would make Yuuta feel better.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 22, 2012 21:24:50 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 22, 2012 21:24:50 GMT -6

The dark haired man noticed the girl's reddened face when he mentioned his mother's name. What on earth was that for? He decided not to mention it, in fear he might somehow upset her. No, he was not sexist, just worrisome. To mention it again, he had a single mother; he was aware of the, er, rituals (for lack of a better word) of what sort of words got what sort of response. Mentioning uncontrollable functions never got a good response.

"Interesting. What were those fights about?"he asked. Climbing mountains on the other hand sounded absolutely miserable to him, but he guessed that those thoughts were from the fact he had a bad leg. Not only that but he heard of people loosing fingers and toes by climbing snowy mountains. Subconsciously, he began to look at her fingers. Good, they were all there.

The most shocking thing he heard was that Emi actually knew his mother. Yuuta tried to listen to her talk , trying not to let his emotions get the best of him. When the words "I love you" were mentioned, it felt like a wave of emotions hit him. He knew she loved him, he remembered her saying those words and he read them in her letters, but since her illness he had yet to hear those words in quite some time.

He felt a few tears in his eyes and one fall down his cheek. He tried to casually wipe it away dragging his thumb across his right eye and his index across the left one, leaving the one on his cheek to dry on its own. "Thank you," Yuuta said at last. The thought she was still sick managed to bring him back to his usual self. Taking a deep breath and letting it out, they reached the market.

He approached one of the stands, taking a handful of a herb, he tossed over a few yuans to the owner, who gave him a small little bag for his purchase. "Oh, right. I'll get you that book sometime soon. Almost forgot."
emimatsuda
Aug 22, 2012 22:29:37 GMT -6

Post by emimatsuda on Aug 22, 2012 22:29:37 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Wow, did Yuuta just say thank you? Is he wiping away tears? Well Emi thought she would be thankful too knowing her mom was ok. Her mom, Emi almost forgot she had a family back home. A family she abandon along with a fiancé. She caught herself touching her neck where her betrothed necklace should be, but she quickly pulled away. 
" Your welcome Yuuta and get the book to me whenever you can. Oh my fights where usually about waterbending. Guys always thinking there better which isn't the case. I like the guys that are sweet, kind, and not a waterbender."
She looked up to his eyes and got lost again ,except this time they both did. Emi smiled,blushed, and shook the trance away.
" Its umm getting late, give the book to me whenever and um ouch." 
She kept on running  into things as she tried to leave the store
"I'll see you tomorrow."

Well Emi made a complete fool of herself. I mean she doesn't like Yuuta. He's grumpy and sometimes rude and.....caring, sweet, responsible. Emi started to panic, she never really liked a guy before.  But when his mom talked about him it was Emi's Prince Charming. Then Emi remembered, what guy would like her. Men seem to back away when they see she's a fighter and has a big energetic pet. Which is why when you ask Emi she would say she loves being alone. But if you heard her heart you would her she wants someone to  be there for her .
This user is a guest