The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Through Republic City

kaitokatashi
Jul 30, 2012 20:24:31 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Jul 30, 2012 20:24:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yue Bay
[tag: Zombi]

The Waterbender's heart gave a twinge when Jin Ho actually professed to caring about his time and wages; of course, he knew that Jin Ho was a worrier, but for some strange reason, it didn't annoy him like it usually did. Maybe that was because it showed that, even in his own grief, the police officer actually cared about other people, enough to make the alternative of not taking the day off was a worthwhile investment.

I don't want to cost you your wages and time at work.

"My time at work is spent with people who would rather drink themselves into oblivion than deal with their problems, and you need someone to help you deal with yours. I think I'd rather be helping you." And he did, surprising as it was to admit that. They didn't know each other as well as other people, but for some reason, he was really starting to feel like it was worth investing time and energy into another person.

If you want to stay with me, I won't turn you down. I just want to make sure you're not going to be worse off because of me.

Mizu reached out and turned Jin Ho's damp face toward his. "Look, you're not imposing on me; I'll be okay. I don't want you to go through this alone because you somehow convinced me it was a better idea to go to work. We need to--" He paused, looking around. "We need to find somewhere else to run. Or go back to your place. Just-- not here. Come on." With that, he held out his hand, leaving it open. If the officer took it, things might start to get better, but he'd understand it if Jin Ho didn't. It must be hard to have to work through serious grief. Why else would some of the regulars at the bar come in so often?
This user is a guest
quinseparable
Jul 31, 2012 6:23:08 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jul 31, 2012 6:23:08 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
OOC: That's okay. I didn't have internet access over the weekend anyway!

[Tag: Tenshio]

Some Street Somewhere in the City

It was as if she were swimming in a fog, at least for the first few moments she fought to remain conscious. At some point, while she was on the ground, she had clenched her eyes shut tightly as if by doing so, it would block the stabs of pain going through her head. After a few seconds, the threat of slipping into unconsciousness had passed, but the pain in her head was still there. Kira was able to open her eyes to glance around at what had happened.

The first thing she saw was her attacker looming over her, but Takeo stood in between the two of them. Around his form she could see the instrument of her pain in the Equalist's hand. A rather large rock and, even in the dim lighting of the streets, she could see something on it: blood. Her blood. Immediately, she hand went to the back of her head where the pain was emanating from. She winced as her hand brushed the gash in which was causing her trouble. When she withdrew her hand from that spot, she pulled it in front of her face.

Her fingers were stained in crimson, and not just a little bit. There was a disturbing amount of blood on her hand. The gash had to have been big. She felt the color drain from her face. How was she not passed out after such an injury?

Kira glanced back up in time to see Takeo through a hard punch at her attacker - one that she recognized as the Equalist who had attacked them earlier. If the Equalists wanted to keep up a good front, they were going to have to do something about their more....passionate members. The man's shout was lost in the night air as he crumpled and fell to the ground. She found herself unable to say anything as she watched in shock, Takeo's rage being unleashed on the man. He kicked him repeatedly before turning back toward her.

The firebender looked behind him to see the man groaning loudly and unable to move. He clutched at his side as she heard coughs escape him. Kira wouldn't say that she was glad that he had just gotten the crap kicked out of him, but she did feel he deserved it.

"I'll be fine," Kira responded to his question as Takeo circled around her. She knew that he was looking at the back of her head and wondered just how damaged she was. He wanted to fix it, but his uncertain words didn't make her feel very hopeful. She hoped that he would be able to, a trip to another healer didn't sound like fun and she had no desire to explain what had happened.

”Um, can you walk? We should probably get moving. Someone might have heard him shout.”

She knew that he was right, but she wasn't sure she'd be able to comply. "Maybe..." she responded. She gathered her legs underneath herself and tried to push her body upward. Her head did not like that. Immediately, a wave of nausea swept over her and forced her back down into a sitting position. Her head was swimming. She knew that this was not the best position to be in and sitting her only made them bigger targets should more Equalists show up.

"I can, but I might need a bit of help..." Kira finally admitted, trying to push back the nausea with a deep breath. Her head would need attention and, even if she could walk with help, there would be no way that she could run. This was going to prove an interesting few moments until they got to Takeo's home. That thought made a pained smile play on her lips. "Hey, I guess you get your answer about staying..." There was no way she'd be able to make it back to her own home that night.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 2, 2012 17:42:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 2, 2012 17:42:07 GMT -6

Random Alleyway

Shachi didn't linger on the burns for too long, she may have picked apart the story had she a better look at the 'wounds' and the differing age of them, but the dark alleyway didn't provide her the best view. And quite honestly, they were a bit gruesome for the Non-bender, and she couldn't help but feel a bit angry. She'd heard all the stories, had been run through the entirety of the propaganda machine and took the Equalist word as her own, but this still served to enrage her, for once Shachi had been provided what in her mind was irrefutable proof that the benders really needed to be stopped. Think of all those poor Airi's out in the world!

"You need not show them again." The Equealist replies with a quick nod before shooting a look over her shoulder at the group of men behind her, giving them the coast is clear, and smiling inwardly as the leader of the little group nodded back. So good so far Shachi, nothing had broken, there hadn't been any explosions and nobody was bleeding! And for that, she easily chalked this one into 'going well'. Spirit's knew what going bad would have to be like at this point. "You were looking for someone who had stolen a ring then?" She asks, her voice soft as she smiled under the mask, quickly relaxing even further. Even going as far as moving to return her bolas to her handy dandy bat be- er, utility belt. Yeah, utility belt.

"We welcome all Non benders with open arms. We are all on the same side after all." She remarks, opening her arms wide as if she were inviting Airi to a hug. Though, to the firebender it might look like the green glowing eyed boogey man reaching out to grab her up and eat her or something. While the faceless uniforms given to the Chi blockers were powerful on the philosophical side of things and expounded that quite simply any man or woman could be one of the courageous freedom fighters ready to lay themselves down for equality, they certainly weren't something you wanted hugging you in a random dark alleyway!
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Aug 3, 2012 19:50:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 3, 2012 19:50:40 GMT -6

tag: AZN

*Road To the Arena*

Hmm... Lykka had yet to see a smile on this man's face. It was not very pleasing, she was in cheerful mood and trying to spread the joy. She needed to see him react to her words by smiling. Or at least looking a bit brighter than he did, anything that would indicate he was not in a lost and depressed mood - whatever it was she perceived as loss and depression. Besides, smiling usually made things better for her, and she did not see any reason for it to be different for an older person... Oh well, at least her words seemed to have reached him since he was not looking any "downer" than he was before.

He was thanking her, that was good progress ! The little girl giggled a bit, she was glad that it had made him feel good enough to thank her. It was... gratifying, probably. "You're welcome !" She immediately responded with a grin, not understanding that he was looking for her name. It actually made her feel lighter, which was a little weird since he was supposed to be the one who was cheered up. Maybe she was too sensitive for her own good... Being thirteen years old was kind of tough, wasn't it ? A bit of an inbetweener, trying to be more mature but reacting like a child still...

“Oh, forgive my lack of manners; here you are helping me find my way and I can’t even thank you properly. I am Zenkai of house Hoshigawa. What is your name?”

Upon hearing this introduction, Lykka felt a bit surprised. She took a couple of seconds to make sure she was imprinting his name in her memory. Zenkai Hoshigawa... "Oh, very nice to meet you, Mr.Hoshigawa. My name is Lykka. Of house... err... uhmm..." She began introducing herself, stopping mid-bow as she didn't have a family name to finish that sentence. Well, she wasn't familiar with the use of "house" to speak about one's family ties, but she did have something that came closest to being a family name. She lifted her hand and pointed at the wrist pendant wrapped around it. "Of house 'Gokko Bird' I guess !" The little girl said with a giggle, looking at the bird shaped item.

They were almost at their destination. In fact, Lykka could already spot one side of the pro-bending arena far in the distance. Speaking of pro-bending... "So, since you've been away for a while, I guess you don't know about the latest pro-bending news." She said, trying to engage in a new short conversation "What were the teams like back five years ago ?"
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 7, 2012 19:23:33 GMT -6
azn
Aug 6, 2012 8:32:14 GMT -6

Post by azn on Aug 6, 2012 8:32:14 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
tag:lykka

Yue Ten -> Arena

”You’re welcome” the girl said prematurely. “My name is Lykka. Of house... err... uhmm.. Of house 'Gokko Bird' I guess !” she pointed to a pendant dangling on her wrist; it reminded Zenkai of a pin from his father’s old military uniform. The girl seemed to be amused by his formal introduction, which Zenkai found to be the normal response girls have to it regardless of age.

Zenkai bowed his head again, slightly, and restated his gratitude formally now that he knew her name.
“Thank you, Lykka. Yes, I do hope the arena holds something more recognizable than the streets. I doubt it has changed much.”

Up ahead, a very familiar glow swelled around the edge of the last building before the grand walkway to the arena.

"So, since you've been away for a while, I guess you don't know about the latest pro-bending news. What were the teams like back five years ago?"

His demeanor suddenly changed to a lighter mood. It wasn’t very obvious by looking at his face, even in a good mood he will look quite stern, but his mind turned to a topic he enjoyed very much: probending.

“Well, actually, I just read in the newspaper that THE Avatar is joining a probending team. That is very big news. I remember back when I was… hmmm…how old was I? probably around your age, there was a crazy rivalry between two of the top teams that season: The Dragon Hawks and The Wolf Bears. I never was able to watch them play together, but I heard their match on the radio. The announcer could hardly keep up with all the action; the teams would launch attacks almost simultaneously. My favorites, of course, were the earthbenders; you could hear those discs shatter through the radio. I was too young to go in the arena without an adult, and my parents were not so fond of probending… it was a distraction… but, I would sneak in a back door sometimes just to hear the match. I was always afraid of getting caught, so I would just sneak around the hallways but never get to the actual arena. Since those days, I have always wanted to be a probender."

They approached the final building on the street, the arena’s golden glow was now clearly visible. Wow, was I really speaking that whole time?
“I remember the Dragon Hawks won that season, but they began enforcing the ‘no-headshot’ rule as a member of the Wolf Bears had some severe injuries. I think both teams disbanded shortly after. Do you know what the teams are like today? I wonder if any will stand a chance against the avatar.."

Zenkai’s purpose in the city was to get home, but not remembering the path has made it...difficult. Talking about probending seemed to stir memories quite easily. He hadn’t spoken so fluently and freely in quite some time, there was hardly anything he had to ‘try’ to remember about either team. Maybe going to the arena was indeed a good step.
This user is a guest
rawrberry
Aug 6, 2012 20:21:39 GMT -6

Post by rawrberry on Aug 6, 2012 20:21:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Bazaar

The entrance to the marketing section of Republic City never seemed to die down in sound, in fact, it just became louder every moment throughout the day when barterers and merchants collided in accounts of money. Chou happened to be present between a furious old lady, and a rather not-so-lucky thief that had been spotted by a Metalbending officer, no sooner was he dragged off in twines of steel tightened around his waist. Smiling towards the officer, he seemed to notice her and returned the gesture just before she peered off to watch the victorious old lady continue walking. Her view was blocked off by a truck though, as she glimpsed the assortment of boxes and tied string cartridges being hauled off.

"Looks like Republic City is always busy." Murmuring to herself as her curiosity further developed in her eyes, she saw nearly everything there was and more, without doubt the biggest district of merchandise and trading around. Angry shouts of denial, honks of incoming vehicles to benders and non benders alike, the hundreds of steps on the pavement of gravel that echoed each and every movement.

"What did she want me to buy again?" She whispered again, placing her hand in alignment with her brows to block out the suns rays. She had intended to go under the stalls and tents set up, but the ominous presence of hooded figures below the canopies said otherwise. A loud screech of tires and angered voices behind her awoke her senses, she had leaned too far into the road and off the sidewalk. With a series of honks, the driver passed by giving her a face of disgust, while she returned her own in discomfort taking a step back instinctively. "People really need to slow down... Sheesh." She muttered in annoyance, before catching sight of a teal banner connected to a moving wagon. "Hey, stop! I wanna buy from you!" Her voice was unheard, drowned out by the sound of coins clattering and group gossip. She almost lost sight of it too, the amount of people was ridiculous as she dodged the incoming approach of shoppers by the opposite side.
This user is a guest
Last edit by rawrberry: Aug 6, 2012 20:23:18 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 7, 2012 17:13:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2012 17:13:00 GMT -6

Random Alleyway
tagged: shachi

"Thanks," Airi mumbled as she snapped the gloves back on. This was getting... weird. She wasn't the type to go firebending willy nilly, though she would bring it up in conversation, but she had never lied about it before. I. Truth, she wasn't much of a liar so this was actually something insanely scary for the firebender. Wasn't it odd how the Equalist are based on the unfairness of benders and yet they could make her scared just by being around her?

When the Chi Blocker said that they were on the same side Airi titled her head to the side slightly and gave her a big smile- a smile that felt so, so wrong. "I guess we are; you're right," was all she managed to think of to say. It wasn't much of a lie. Not according to her. She used the excuse of an unexplained cause as an excuse to lie. Because it didn't so much like a lie, it felt more truthful, letting her feel a bit more at ease.

Oddly enough, the green clad, masked woman offered her a hug. Or at least a gesture that looked like she wanted a hug from her. Should she? Airi had no idea what other things they could do besides make benders, er, not bend? Could they tell she was a firebender? Maybe something like being warmer to the touch or some gadget. Well, there was only one way to find out.

Airi took a small step forward and wrapped her arms around her neck, waiting a few seconds before releasing and taking a step back. Suddenly, she remembered she hadn't answered about the lost items. "Oh! No, it wasn't a ring. Well, actually I can't remember anymore." She let herself laugh, hoping it didn't sound as nervous as she felt. "I guess I'll talk to the original owners and ask them what was stolen, again and... uh, ask around," she said. She was going to report it to the police, but they didn't need to know that.
Anonymous
Aug 7, 2012 21:35:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 7, 2012 21:35:46 GMT -6

Yue Bay and through the City

[tag: Mizu][/center]

"Look, you're not imposing on me; I'll be okay. I don't want you to go through this alone because you somehow convinced me it was a better idea to go to work."

“Well…” Jin Ho sighed. “All right. I guess I need to go home or to a telephone and call in before I do anything else.” He knew that his call-in would be accepted because he next to never called in. Jin Ho was rarely ever sick or anything else, and his grandparents were still living. He’d never needed to call in before. His co-workers knew about Sweeper, too – instead of talking about his children, Jin Ho talked about his dog. It was natural. They’d understand the depth of his grief.

"We need to find somewhere else to run. Or go back to your place. Just-- not here. Come on."

Jin Ho took Mizu's extended hand and stood up, smiling a little. "Okay," he said. “Why don’t we have breakfast or something? I probably need to eat. I definitely need some tea.” He wouldn’t go anywhere usual, like the Lotus Café. Instead Jin Ho thought it might be nice to go someplace new. A new place with new experiences would keep his mind off old ones, wouldn’t it? And he could borrow a telephone to call the office.

The young man made a face. “I need to rinse my mouth, too,” he said. “Sorry. Although – I’m surprised you could keep up with me, to be honest.” Had Mizu told the truth about not being a runner? In any case, the young policeman tugged on his braid and stretched before heading for the road, away from the shining waters of Yue Bay. Away from the bad memories.
Last edit by Deleted: Aug 7, 2012 21:36:19 GMT -6
Anonymous
Aug 8, 2012 9:46:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 8, 2012 9:46:18 GMT -6

tag: AZN

*Road to the Arena*

Right after she'd asked her question, Lykka remembered that he had just purchased a newspaper, so it wasn't like he'd be completely clueless about the latest pro-bending news. But from his own words, the teams were very different back when he was her age - she wondered how long ago that could be - so much that the team names she was hearing did not even ring a bell. She wasn't a good reference, though, being thirteen years old and only living in the city for the past year. It wasn't a very long time to get acquainted with the past popular urban topics very well... Then again, it hadn't even taken her that long to learn so much about the city's architectural history.

Anyways, he was telling her about these two competing teams. They must have been something for him to remember them among the others all these years. And the way he was reminiscing, it was pretty touching in the little girl's opinion... or maybe impressive was closer to the truth. His memories didn't sound half baked either, she could tell that pro-bending was really important to him back then and that it probably still was. It didn't seem to be as strong a passion as it used to be, but who could say anything about that since he'd been away from his hometown for so many years.

She felt some pinching to her heart when thinking about how he never got to actually witness the ongoing matches despite being so close. How could they not allow children - nope, scracth that - young teenagers to attend on their own, it felt so unfair even though those young spectators were potentially going to become the next generation of pro-benders... Then again, from the sound of it, it didn't prevent youngsters from finding other ways to go in. She was no stranger to the deed either, although that was for different reasons.

Her left hand inched towards him for a second, about to pat him ont he arm, but she immediately stopped herself at the realization of how weird it would be for the young one to do that to the adult. And she couldn't stand te mental picture of her embarrassed face right afterwards... So she just crossed her arms and nodded. And before she knew it, they were already that close to the arena, served to show how easy it was to get lost in a conversation with her.

She put her arms over head, almsot as if stretching, while looking up at the clouds, thinking about how to best describe the teams that were in the tournament today. "Well... I know that the Tigerdillos, the team the Fire Ferrets faced before the Avatar joined, were a pretty tough team, very tenacious and very hard to get. But Mako took care of- I mean... the Ferrets won." She said, starting in a casual voice but getting slightly flustered after mentioning Mako.

A cough of composure escaped her mouth, and she went on. "The Rabaroos are an all-girls team, and they kicked major butt in their latest matches !!" It was probably obvious considering the girl's tone, but they were her favorite team - right after the Fire Ferrets anyway. "The Komodo Rhinos are... playing just like their namesakes, and it's pretty impressive to see them win. The Buzzard Wasps are clever players, and even though I've never seen them play, I can't stand their matches on the radio. Maybe I don't like their name..." A pout formed on her mouth, but it was quickly replaced with a biting of the corners of her lips.

"For some reason, none of those teams manage to best the Wolf-Bats. I've never seen any of their matches, but as far as I know they've been the undefeated champions for three years." Lykka stated, almost like an annoying piece of information she regretted sharing. Maybe she'd get a different kind of insight and opinion if she actually saw them play... but would she ever want to. "Luckily, I get a feeling that the Fire Ferrets are going to change that. Mako and Bolin have held their own so far even though they're like rookies, but with the Avatar I'm sure they can be invincible !!" The young Earthbender stated with a grin.

She would probably have made another better fangirl comment about the Ferret brothers on whom, like all girls her age, she had a crush, but the were already in front of the pro-bending arena, standing right in the middle of the road leading tot he great building. "Oh, we're here !!" She chimed.
Anonymous
Aug 8, 2012 16:13:38 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 8, 2012 16:13:38 GMT -6

tag: Kira

Some Street Somewhere in the City

Kira would be fine. They would get to his apartment, he’d get some water and he’d heal her, and she’d be fine. They wouldn’t run into any more Equalists or anyone else who could do them any harm. Kira would stay at his place for the night and I the morning he could walk her home. Everything would be fine.

Now if only he could believe the words that ran around and around in his head. As upbeat and optimistic as he always seemed, Takeo had never been all that great at convincing himself of anything, and was doing a poor job here. As he waited for Kira to get up his eyes kept moving, looking for potential threats. The man who’d attacked the Firebender wouldn’t be a problem anymore, but he hadn’t been alone. There was no telling how many Equalists had heard the man’s cries and were descending on them at this very moment. They needed to get moving, and soon.

Kira tried to get herself standing but failed, slumping back to the ground, forcing her to admit that she would need help. The Waterbender was glad to give his assistance, but as he offered her his hands to pull her up and then slung her arm around his shoulder to give her support he couldn’t help but worry about how slow they would move in that position. If any other villains were trying to find them, escape would no longer be a viable option. If they were found, they were done for.

But he owed Kira. She’d stopped to help him when no one else had. Without her he might never have even gotten close to finding his way home. And he repaid her kindness by getting her hit in the head with a rock. He was responsible for her injury and had to make it up to her somehow. If helping his new friend meant risking further injury, that was what he would have to do. Besides, they were close to his home. They just had to get there safely.

The man wasn’t in a happy mood, but he did manage to smile slightly when Kira mentioned the response to his offer. ”Guess so,” he agreed as they began to move. ”Next time, though, let’s avoid angry crowds.” After that the Waterbender fell silent, trying to save his breath so he could move quickly even while supporting Kira. He didn’t hear any sounds of pursuit for the moment, but wanted to get inside, get somewhere safe, all the same. Luckily his apartment was only a few streets away, and things were starting to look familiar. They’d be fine.
kaitokatashi
Aug 9, 2012 9:38:39 GMT -6

Post by kaitokatashi on Aug 9, 2012 9:38:39 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yue Bay and through the City
[tag: Zombi]

Well…alright. I guess I need to go home or to a telephone and call in before I do anything else.

Mizu smiled; finally, they were getting somewhere. The other man seemed to be a little more accepting of the Waterbender's suggestions, which meant that the cop was starting to be a little more trusting. The fact that Mizu had been able to garner such trust in such a short amount of time astounded him, but he had remind himself that they had a long way to go.

He wished he could be so sure that Mr. Chien would take him calling in "sick" well. If memory served, Mizu had missed a couple days of work since meeting Jin Ho, and he'd skipped out early on a few as well; however, he hadn't missed any before this, so perhaps a two-year track record meant that he'd earned some days off for crises. It made him ecstatic, however, when Jin Ho accepted his offer to get out of there.

"Great." His smile may have been bigger than he thought. "Well, we can go back to your place. If I remember correctly," and if his bearings weren't too far off, "your place isn't that far. Mine's about 20 blocks the other way." His expression said c'est la vie as he shrugged. "Anyway, if we go to your place, we can shower and I can wash my clothes; there's a great place that serves breakfast and tea down the road from the Serpent's Head. Shouldn't take long to get there. What do you say?"

His mind went over what he'd said as an afterthought, and when he realized that, to wash his clothes or shower, he'd need to...well, he wouldn't have any clothes on, would he? He cursed the fact that he hadn't thought to bring an extra change, but who in their right mind took extra clothes to work?! His only saving grace was that he could wash his clothes in the shower. Oh, the advantages of being a Waterbender...
This user is a guest