The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Shipping!

Anonymous
Jul 1, 2012 12:45:03 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2012 12:45:03 GMT -6

-decides to join the conversation-

I have to say, my favorite characters are Bolin and Asami, but I'm not going to ship them together 'cause I like Asami! She's just so pretty and independent!

I am a Makorra shipper, though :P as well as a Boddles fan.

As for Toph, I don't think she got paired up with any canon. I like to think she met a nice earthbender that's just shy and doesn't like to pop in anywhere xD
This user is a former member
vio
Jul 1, 2012 20:12:07 GMT -6

Post by vio on Jul 1, 2012 20:12:07 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Korra OTP: Borra. Mako is a fickle, cheating, sullen douchebag who doesn't have the decency to break up with Asami and then blames Asami when her feelings are hurt because he cheated on her. On the other hand we have Bolin. Bolin, the genuinely nice, caring, sweet guy who has nothing but respect and admiration for Korra, plenty of genuine romantic interaction with Korra, and generally complements her character in every conceivable way.

But what do we get? A rushed finale and a forced romance that sticks Korra with the cheating bag of angst and mommy issues as Bolin is reduced to occasional comic relief.

Crack OTP AKA The Impossible Dream: Korra/Lin. Just think about it.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 2, 2012 13:43:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2012 13:43:01 GMT -6

vio Avatar
Korra OTP: Borra. Mako is a fickle, cheating, sullen douchebag who doesn't have the decency to break up with Asami and then blames Asami when her feelings are hurt because he cheated on her. On the other hand we have Bolin. Bolin, the genuinely nice, caring, sweet guy who has nothing but respect and admiration for Korra, plenty of genuine romantic interaction with Korra, and generally complements her character in every conceivable way.

But what do we get? A rushed finale and a forced romance that sticks Korra with the cheating bag of angst and mommy issues as Bolin is reduced to occasional comic relief.

...You're good, bro. I like you. Welcome. *bows*

I don't particularly ship anything, but I've always thought that the love triangle that Korra would be tangled into was going to be with Mako and Bolin... Turns out it was instead sweet Asami that got hurt, and that gives me sadness. It makes me Sad Sad... Still think Maborra forgave one another too quickly for that kiss, though.

I think BoLin should happen. Maybe not in the shipping sense, but Lin shouldn't be able to have babies anymore so Bolin should become her... Zuko - referring to Iroh's feelings for his nephew, there. *bows*
quinseparable
Jul 5, 2012 21:55:19 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jul 5, 2012 21:55:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
vio Avatar

I could not have said it better myself. I really thought that I would like Makorra, but that did not end up being the case. I even thought adding Asami into the mix would liven up the relationship aspect (there are plenty of shows that I end up loving the romantic tension between three characters), but I have been severely disappointed in this. It has even gone to the part where I don't ship anything in the fandom (rare for me!) The romance angel seemed forced and rushed and it was just annoying. I think the way that the romance was portrayed would have served the show so much better by not being included.

As for Bolin, I feel bad because I loved his character from the start, and its very annoying that he hasn't gotten any decent character development. Maybe once he does, I'll be a Bolin\Korra shipper. I think that, even when Korra was using him to get back at Mako, they still had better chemistry with him. I mean look at the way they laughed, belched, and overall had a good time. Korra seems so much more natural with Bolin than she ever has with Mako.

But, that's just me.
This user is a guest
izumi
Jul 9, 2012 20:45:09 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 9, 2012 20:45:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
quinseparable Avatar
Jul 5, 2012 21:55:19 GMT -6 @quinseparable said:

I could not have said it better myself. I really thought that I would like Makorra, but that did not end up being the case. I even thought adding Asami into the mix would liven up the relationship aspect (there are plenty of shows that I end up loving the romantic tension between three characters), but I have been severely disappointed in this. It has even gone to the part where I don't ship anything in the fandom (rare for me!) The romance angel seemed forced and rushed and it was just annoying. I think the way that the romance was portrayed would have served the show so much better by not being included.

As for Bolin, I feel bad because I loved his character from the start, and its very annoying that he hasn't gotten any decent character development. Maybe once he does, I'll be a Bolin\Korra shipper. I think that, even when Korra was using him to get back at Mako, they still had better chemistry with him. I mean look at the way they laughed, belched, and overall had a good time. Korra seems so much more natural with Bolin than she ever has with Mako.

But, that's just me.

I completely agree with the lack of Bolin character development. He was also a huge favorite of mine (still is) from the beginning, and to tell the truth I'm glad he has no romantic interests. Going after Korra for a bit was fun, but I personally feel his comic relief makes him so lovable and I'd much rather watch him develop further than get stuck in romantic turmoil. Especially if that turmoil is within the avatar group of four.

Mako ditching Asami was so upsetting, but I mean she's very headstrong and attractive, she'll reel in another man soon enough ;D I just really didn't want Korra's relationship to come to fruition so quickly.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 12, 2012 19:52:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2012 19:52:59 GMT -6

I hope Korra and Mako totally break up. And I hope someone gets with Iroh because obviously he is a Disney Prince.
Anonymous
Jul 12, 2012 20:32:19 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 12, 2012 20:32:19 GMT -6

rui Avatar
I hope Korra and Mako totally break up. And I hope someone gets with Iroh because obviously he is a Disney Prince.

Yeah.... MY DISNEY PRINCE -stuffs Iroh into pants pocket- Why is he so gorgeous??? I think it would be pretty cool if he and Asami hit it off. But I still claim him all to myself >:(
izumi
Jul 12, 2012 20:41:12 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 12, 2012 20:41:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
shuai Avatar

Yeah.... MY DISNEY PRINCE -stuffs Iroh into pants pocket- Why is he so gorgeous??? I think it would be pretty cool if he and Asami hit it off. But I still claim him all to myself >:(

If he got with Asami that would just be an overload of attractiveness and would ultimately result in an explosion of some kind (and not the good kind) =P

But yes, he's a beautiful man.
This user is a guest
quinseparable
Jul 13, 2012 23:05:20 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jul 13, 2012 23:05:20 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
izumi Avatar

Well yes, he is from the Zuko line. Of course he is!

Iroh and Asami though? It could work, just as long as it isn't as forced as Makorra. I just hope they don't force Asami with Bolin though. I don't know for some reason I just don't like that combo!
This user is a guest
Last edit by quinseparable: Jul 13, 2012 23:05:34 GMT -6
asami
Jul 16, 2012 15:56:45 GMT -6

Post by asami on Jul 16, 2012 15:56:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Mako/eyebrows. -nods- Which frees up Korra for Bolin
Azula/Chan - Can't go wrong with the STRONGEST COUPLE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD amiright

This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 16, 2012 22:54:07 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 16, 2012 22:54:07 GMT -6

izumi Avatar
If he got with Asami that would just be an overload of attractiveness and would ultimately result in an explosion of some kind (and not the good kind) =P

Hahahaha this is exactly what I said. So much attractiveness in one place? I CAN'T

But yes, Team Anyone-But-Mako for Korra. And also Team Someone-For-Bolin.
izumi
Jul 17, 2012 21:07:35 GMT -6

Post by izumi on Jul 17, 2012 21:07:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
rui Avatar
Hahahaha this is exactly what I said. So much attractiveness in one place? I CAN'T

But yes, Team Anyone-But-Mako for Korra. And also Team Someone-For-Bolin.

Totally shipping the whole "Bolin needs a shipping" ;D

He's such a cutie and Republic City women need to realize this
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jul 18, 2012 5:37:54 GMT -6 via the ProBoards App

Post by Deleted on Jul 18, 2012 5:37:54 GMT -6

For the Avatar series, I would have to say these are my favorite ships (even if they don't make sense):

A:tLA - Zuko+Katara & Toph+Sokka
LoK - Bolin+Korra, Bolin+Iroh, Bolin+anyone (See the trend?)
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 19, 2012 13:34:39 GMT -6
scruffypuff
Jul 19, 2012 12:05:13 GMT -6

Post by scruffypuff on Jul 19, 2012 12:05:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
JUST THROWING THIS INTO THE POT:

A: tLA---Sokka and Toph forever and ever and ever.
And Smellerbee and Longshot, amaright?

LoK---Korra and Bolin always
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Aug 30, 2012 17:42:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Aug 30, 2012 17:42:42 GMT -6

Recently, I've been insanely obsessed with Korra and Asami as a pairing. It would never happen, but I still like it. Whyyyyy, brain? Whyyyy?
Anonymous
Nov 24, 2012 1:08:16 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Nov 24, 2012 1:08:16 GMT -6

I can totally relate to and understand why you like KorraxAsami. don't worry, Sato. it's a large piece of the fandom, actually.

myself, in terms of crack, I'm all for Korra/Tarrlok. say what you will, condemn me as you please, but I've seen and read too much. I know even if he was alive it wouldn't ever happen in a zillion years, but that didn't stop me from shipping Iroh (the elder) with everyone because he was the ultimate pimp.

back to Korra, I am also on the "Makorra sucks" boat because it was rushed, poorly fabricated, Mako was a jerk, and it took too much from the season's extremely tight schedule already.

my two cents.
~Tenoko~

<Kami Edit: Remember, OOC we ask that you keep the bad language to a minimum, if used at all. You're not in trouble, but please note we ask our members to stay courteous OOC, especially in civil discourse.>
Last edit: Nov 24, 2012 4:33:05 GMT -6
sacredless
Feb 6, 2013 19:41:26 GMT -6

Post by sacredless on Feb 6, 2013 19:41:26 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I've personally always been a Zuko+Jin shipper. But I'm fairly satisfied with the Zuko+Mai shipping. It felt natural.

I never thought that the Katara+Aang shipping seemed to be very healthy. It did really seem like Katara considered Aang as more of a little brother than a potential lover. Besides; Aang was pretty young at the time. But what happened happened.

Now, I know that this is crazy and it's not going to happen, but I'm a huge Amorra fan. I don't even know why, it just appeals to me for some reason. I want Korra to see things from the viewpoint of the equalists, I suppose. From Amon's perspective.

However, most attractive I find the Noatorra relation, though. I like to see Amon and Noatak as two different personalities. Noatak seems so much more like Korra. I heard this weird idea for a fanfic where Noatak is frozen in the iceberg, like a twisted version of Aang. A young boy who felt abandoned by his family, froze himself into the ice (perhaps in self-glorifying moment where he equates himself to the Avatar). And then Korra finds him, finds out that she actually has a lot in common with him, they fall in love, until she discovers that he's really a bloodbender!

Yeah, you aren't going to get any sensical LOK shipping out of me, sadly. :/
This user is a guest