The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Shipping!

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 18, 2012 18:31:54 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
jin Avatar
Sokka/Toph couldn't have happened. That would make Lin and Tenzin cousins. -shudder-

Toph and Zuko though? Epic. That would mean Lin and Iroh are siblings and Iroh would have more of a reason to take the city back.

Though, it does look like it's gonna be Zuki but then that begs the question...what about Sokka?

Gene issues aside there's really nothing wrong with cousins dating if it's consenting. I mean, unless you want to go and tell every royal family they're doing it wrong? :XX Granted, the kids have a chance of being derp. xD;'
This user is Mod
hotaru
Jun 18, 2012 18:34:06 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 18, 2012 18:34:06 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jin Avatar
Sokka/Toph couldn't have happened. That would make Lin and Tenzin cousins. -shudder-

Toph and Zuko though? Epic. That would mean Lin and Iroh are siblings and Iroh would have more of a reason to take the city back.

Though, it does look like it's gonna be Zuki but then that begs the question...what about Sokka?

Oh please let Toko be canon!

I reaaaaally don't like the idea of Zuki. I mean, if it happens I'm not gonna get upset but it's really just out of nowhere for me. Did they even share lines together before this comic? I just don't see where they thought this was a good idea.
This user is a guest
jin
Jun 18, 2012 18:36:52 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 18, 2012 18:36:52 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Gene issues aside there's really nothing wrong with cousins dating if it's consenting. I mean, unless you want to go and tell every royal family they're doing it wrong? :XX Granted, the kids have a chance of being derp. xD;'

I suppose there's nothing wrong otherwise. However, I would gladly tell every royal family they're doing it wrong So long as my head doesn't get chopped off.

Still, I'd rather see Toko, or Zuki. OR Jin(thegirlfromtheshownotmyjin)xzuko. Also, what about Azula? What do you think happened to her? Jail forver, did she get help? Did she stop taking the morning crazy pill, and to stay relevant to the topic who she would have gotten with? Azulaxcrazypill?
This user is a guest
hotaru
Jun 18, 2012 18:41:35 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 18, 2012 18:41:35 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jin Avatar

I suppose there's nothing wrong otherwise. However, I would gladly tell every royal family they're doing it wrong So long as my head doesn't get chopped off.

Still, I'd rather see Toko, or Zuki. OR Jin(thegirlfromtheshownotmyjin)xzuko. Also, what about Azula? What do you think happened to her? Jail forver, did she get help? Did she stop taking the morning crazy pill, and to stay relevant to the topic who she would have gotten with? Azulaxcrazypill?

Azula probably was imprisoned since she didn't get her bending taken away. I don't even really think she's capable of a healthy relationship.
This user is a guest
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 14:08:40 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 14:08:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
hotaru Avatar
jin Avatar

Azula probably was imprisoned since she didn't get her bending taken away. I don't even really think she's capable of a healthy relationship.

The only possible relationship Azula could maintain would be with herself. She's already crazy so talking to yourself is now plausible so.... Azula X Azula for me ;)
This user is a guest
hotaru
Jun 19, 2012 15:16:40 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 19, 2012 15:16:40 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
yakone Avatar
hotaru Avatar

The only possible relationship Azula could maintain would be with herself. She's already crazy so talking to yourself is now plausible so.... Azula X Azula for me ;)

OTP!
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 19, 2012 17:21:12 GMT -6

I kind of always liked Azula x Ty Lee. >.> A fanon pairing if there ever was one, though; as has been said I highly doubt Azula ever left prison — or COULD, really, considering her breakdown and the likely disinterest in her mental health.

One of my favourite pairings from AtLA was definitely Katara x Aang. I was a Zuko x Katara girl for a while, but I tend to believe that relationships based upon angst and disagreement are more good for physical interaction rather than lasting relationships.

I also really liked Jun x Iroh. Age difference, psh.
This user is Mod
yakone
Jun 19, 2012 17:30:25 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 19, 2012 17:30:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I kind of always liked Azula x Ty Lee. >.> A fanon pairing if there ever was one, though; as has been said I highly doubt Azula ever left prison — or COULD, really, considering her breakdown and the likely disinterest in her mental health.

One of my favourite pairings from AtLA was definitely Katara x Aang. I was a Zuko x Katara girl for a while, but I tend to believe that relationships based upon angst and disagreement are more good for physical interaction rather than lasting relationships.

I also really liked Jun x Iroh. Age difference, psh.

Z: "Uncle? I didn't see you get hit by the Shirsu."
I "Shhh!" ;D
This user is a guest
hotaru
Jun 19, 2012 21:01:17 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 19, 2012 21:01:17 GMT -6

Guest Avatar

Ahh, slash pairings. I really liked Katara x Azula, must be the whole Fire and Water thing that attracts so many people to pairing Katara with firebenders.
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Jun 19, 2012 21:20:25 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I was a Katara x Aang fan from the very beginning, as Kami can attest. I just always knew that was how it was going to end up, and I honestly liked the pairing a lot. It was very cute. Usually, I'm a fan of pairings like Katara x Zuko, but not this time around. Go figure. :)
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Jun 20, 2012 11:07:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 20, 2012 11:07:06 GMT -6

I'm not much of a shipper but part of me hoped that Meng would come back and sweep Aang off of his feet. Alas, this did not happen...then again there could be some adorable, stiff-haired, gap-toothed progeny running around.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
Jun 20, 2012 12:06:17 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 20, 2012 12:06:17 GMT -6

^ oh yes you are. you ship the original hangetsu now and forever
Anonymous
Jun 20, 2012 12:43:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 20, 2012 12:43:27 GMT -6

That goes without saying, Zombi.
It's a pity that the original series was so fast paced that we didn't get much in the way of romance. They could of at least given us one ooey-gooey sweet love epilogue concerning the couples. I hope Meng found her big-eared dream man or whatever she was supposed to end up with.
hotaru
Jun 20, 2012 21:05:23 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 20, 2012 21:05:23 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
oni Avatar
That goes without saying, Zombi.
It's a pity that the original series was so fast paced that we didn't get much in the way of romance. They could of at least given us one ooey-gooey sweet love epilogue concerning the couples. I hope Meng found her big-eared dream man or whatever she was supposed to end up with.

~SECRET TUNNEL~!
~SECRET TUNNEL~!

In all seriousness I thought there was a decent amount of romance in the series. Its pacing is very different from Korra's though. Korra's romance comes in big spurts but ATLA I think was more drawn out.
This user is a guest
jin
Jun 21, 2012 15:32:12 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 21, 2012 15:32:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I liked A:TLA's romance more because of just that Hotaru, it was drawn out and done well.

That isn't to say I dislike Korra's romances, but I think with the lack of allotted episodes, that these romances need to be thrown in out face to get the fact of it across. Not to mention they probably had to get the drama out now so in the coming episodes it won't be a big mess.

<Kami edit: Let's watch the language. Also, it's kind of pointless to censor yourself if you only edit out one letter, isn't it? It's not like you're really hiding what you're saying.>
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jun 21, 2012 15:40:41 GMT -6
hotaru
Jun 21, 2012 16:49:25 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 21, 2012 16:49:25 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
jin Avatar
I liked A:TLA's romance more because of just that Hotaru, it was drawn out and done well.

That isn't to say I dislike Korra's romances, but I think with the lack of allotted episodes, that these romances need to be thrown in out face to get the fact of it across. Not to mention they probably had to get the drama out now so in the coming episodes it won't be a big mess.
[/blockquote][/quote]

It makes sense since Korra only had one season planned. That's why the romance is so rushed. ATLA had time to subtly hint at things and have time to sit out and have stronger character development. Korra is very plot based with not as much development.
This user is a guest
jin
Jun 21, 2012 18:52:57 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 21, 2012 18:52:57 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
hotaru Avatar
jin Avatar

[/blockquote][/quote]

It makes sense since Korra only had one season planned. That's why the romance is so rushed. ATLA had time to subtly hint at things and have time to sit out and have stronger character development. Korra is very plot based with not as much development.[/quote]

I wouldn't say they had "less" development, but rather their development skipped a few steps. They went from Personality A to Personality C because of the rush. Where as A:TLA went from A, to B, to C and ends at D.

I didn't know it only had one season planned, I knew that there are going to be two seasons because of the listed, or lack there of, episodes. (By that I mean they have twenty episodes listed but not their names quite yet.)
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 21, 2012 19:03:17 GMT -6

jin Avatar
hotaru Avatar

It makes sense since Korra only had one season planned. That's why the romance is so rushed. ATLA had time to subtly hint at things and have time to sit out and have stronger character development. Korra is very plot based with not as much development.

I wouldn't say they had "less" development, but rather their development skipped a few steps. They went from Personality A to Personality C because of the rush. Where as A:TLA went from A, to B, to C and ends at D.

I didn't know it only had one season planned, I knew that there are going to be two seasons because of the listed, or lack there of, episodes. (By that I mean they have twenty episodes listed but not their names quite yet.)

Originally, Korra was actually going to be a mini-series, which is roughly six episodes. :] We were very lucky to squeeze two seasons due to a good fanbase response.
This user is Mod
hotaru
Jun 23, 2012 23:49:42 GMT -6

Post by hotaru on Jun 23, 2012 23:49:42 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Well, Makorra is pretty much confirmed for Endgame now :l not really pleased by it but not too upset either.
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jun 24, 2012 1:04:57 GMT -6
azn
Jun 24, 2012 10:32:13 GMT -6

Post by azn on Jun 24, 2012 10:32:13 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
(LOL @ *secret tunnel*)

honestly, I might die if we see KorrAsami, but considering it's a Nick show, probably not -_-
Honestly, though, two highly independent head-strong women...I might suggest that to be the strongest shipping.

I am sad to see just how MaKorra actually happened. I knew it would ( i think everybody did ) but it felt so sudden, and it could have been excellent development-fuel for the next book. Oh well. Ship has sailed

I'm thinking we might see a BuFong. it is age appropriate and I don't think Tenzin will go back to Lin after having 3 children with the woman who stole him from her (though, I honestly would like to see LinZen, at least in a flashback). at the same time, we have no idea what Boomi is like beyond his namesake.

Same with General Iroh. IMO, he doesn't have enough personality to match with anyone. He's a very generic general with Zuko's voice at the moment. I'm hoping we see more character's personalities in book 2.

Now, I know this is weird and pedophilia-ish, but let's say it is 10 years later: I would LOVE to see Iki x Bolin
This user is a guest
Last edit by azn: Jun 24, 2012 10:32:55 GMT -6