The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Modified Site Layout!

kusari
Sept 19, 2006 16:48:51 GMT -6

Post by kusari on Sept 19, 2006 16:48:51 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ack. *sighs*
Momo is not the best of partners in the skin making, hehehe...
BUT! Rest assured, I am working on it. Also, Ive got my beloved FireWorks MS, so I can edit colors and make things move more smoothly =]

(((Also, I have no idea what is up with the WebRings. Its really annoying... >:()))
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Sept 19, 2006 23:39:57 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
The Webrings have been up there since the site's inception, it usually only appears as one bar instead of listing all the webrings, which I agree, is very annoying, but I fixed, so everyone can calm down now.
This user is Mod
sethwynd
Sept 21, 2006 20:58:46 GMT -6

Post by sethwynd on Sept 21, 2006 20:58:46 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
....why is right-clicking suddenly disabled? Something to do with the site tweaks?
This user is a guest
earthbendingstyle
Sept 22, 2006 3:14:24 GMT -6

Post by earthbendingstyle on Sept 22, 2006 3:14:24 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I can right click fine, however, I use Opera as my web browser instead of IE which could be the cause of this if everyone else is having problems...and...ahh...Appa skin?...anyone?
This user is a guest
karl
Sept 22, 2006 18:34:01 GMT -6

Post by karl on Sept 22, 2006 18:34:01 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Might I suggest... A MAI/TY LEE LAYOUT! Anyone? Maybe. I know Joychi would like it...

Um... I like the layouts. My thing doesn't freeze, and it even shows the pictures! Which it doesn't always do. Which is annoying.
This user is a guest
earthbendingstyle
Sept 24, 2006 0:49:45 GMT -6

Post by earthbendingstyle on Sept 24, 2006 0:49:45 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Yea, Kamejei, thats a cool idea for a site skin

[glow=purple,2,300]<Katara edit: Keep all posts 200 or more characters. Thank you.>[/glow]
This user is a guest
Last edit: Sept 26, 2006 12:37:44 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 26, 2006 12:37:10 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
sethwynd said:
....why is right-clicking suddenly disabled? Something to do with the site tweaks?

Yep, it has been disabled. I've had some problems with people claiming work here as their own, when it's not, and posting them on other sites. Makes me sad, acutally. And I want to prevent hotlinking images. Unless Karena makes me, that's not going to go away. Sorry....kind of.
This user is Mod
sethwynd
Sept 27, 2006 12:56:30 GMT -6

Post by sethwynd on Sept 27, 2006 12:56:30 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Meh, I found a way around it anyway. Well, for the purposes I needed it for, that is.

For everyone else that likes to copy and paste quotes in their replies (to show precisely what is being replied to), it's possible to highlight the selected text and press CTRL + C to copy it, and CTRL + V to paste it.

And to Katara, I'm pretty sure it can't work on images, so there shouldn't be problems there anymore ^^
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Sept 28, 2006 13:47:18 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Actually, it does. I just tried it on the pic in your sig, Makoto, and c/ped it into Microsoft Word and it works. *sorry for the under 200 character post*
This user is Mod
sethwynd
Sept 28, 2006 14:41:53 GMT -6

Post by sethwynd on Sept 28, 2006 14:41:53 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
o.o ... huh ... well, at least that way if somebody wants to steal something, they gotta work for it. Then again, there's other methods available, so nothin's really fool-proof. Here's to hopin' thieves give up after a failed right-click then *raises glass*
This user is a guest

Post by Gia on Sept 30, 2006 2:20:29 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
*nods* Yeah. Oh, and there's also this way: Go to Edit on the toolbar, then Copy and Paste. *pats Katara* Sorry that you're plan didn't exactly work as well as you had probably wanted to, but nice try anyway. Makoto's right, maybe it will work better, if they give up after a failed first right click.
This user is Mod
monkeylover444888
Sept 30, 2006 11:24:12 GMT -6

Post by monkeylover444888 on Sept 30, 2006 11:24:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
On my computer I can right click for a few seconds or until all the pictures are uploaded... just to let you know and stuff. Oh and I am absolutly in love with the cabbage man skin! It has nice colors and makes me laugh because of the poor old cabbage man...
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 3, 2006 13:09:15 GMT -6

*makes a face*
Ah, well. Right-clicking copy just annoys me....I mean, I can't tell you how annoying it is to see my work on other people's sites without crediting me for it. *fumes*

Anyhow, there is a NEW HALLOWEEN '06 skin up, for those of you who are interested.
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 28, 2006 18:30:30 GMT -6

Okeydokey, there's a NEW WINTER '06 SKIN up for those of you interested.
For those who had the default skin up, well, I made the Winter skin default. No worries. If you dont like it, just change back.
This user is Mod
hieu
Nov 28, 2006 19:48:05 GMT -6

Post by hieu on Nov 28, 2006 19:48:05 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ya the skins freaked me out. I never messed with skins and used default. Well when you use a colored font for each of your RPs the Font's change because of their surrounding. Kinda bugged me out.

So i went back to default. Just curious have you ever considered not using repeated: x axis and y axis?

Sometimes to me the repeated image gets annoying especially if there is a line or a significant border seperating each tile of that image. Otherwise it's all good =D
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 28, 2006 20:05:34 GMT -6

Takano - the non-repeated x-axis and y-axis is how I had it before, but a lot of people were having problems with the images moving around on different boards, so I just changed it.
This user is Mod
hieu
Nov 28, 2006 20:44:29 GMT -6

Post by hieu on Nov 28, 2006 20:44:29 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
i see. thats kewl then. I myself am rather experienced in HTML, but not proboards. I'm curious as to why it was like that

Were the values at top and left? Usually top and left is the one i place it. Or if u want u can place it where ever u like it. If you ever decide to change over to an Invisionfree board i can change practically anything on there. But ya. Are you currently interested in any kind of banners of any sort? I myself am not too bad at photoshop. Just depends on how detailed. Some of them might become a problem for some members.
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 28, 2006 22:41:33 GMT -6

Thanks, but I'm quite okay with banners right now, and I enjoy making them. And I had the values set at bottom left. Anyway, enough of that, let's not spam and suffer Karena's wrath, okay?
This user is Mod