The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 14 Aug 2020

Long ago, the Four Nations lived in harmony; then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I found the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang, and although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he saves anybody. But I believe Aang can save the world … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Grand (Re)Opening!

Wild ostrich-horses couldn't keep us away. Saddle up, friends, it's time for TARP take two.

"Recasting ATLA" On YouTube

Post by Gia on Oct 7, 2020 18:42:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, so I don't know if anyone has seen this before, but Bryan Seeker on YouTube does a lot of fan-casting. He typically really tries to do his research, and choose the best person for the role (in his opinion, of course). I have seen some of them, and I don't always agree, but they're entertaining anyway. He has started recasting ATLA. Here are the link to the first two videos: Part One and Part Two.

Have you seen this? What do you think?
This user is TARP Staff

Post by Kami on Oct 7, 2020 19:26:57 GMT -6

Kami Avatar
I haven't, but I think this is GREAT. I would honestly, honestly, love a live action ATLA that appropriately casts the right age and ethnicities for all the characters. I think this is very thoughtful as well, it doesn't default to just well-known actresses (eg: I see a lot of fancasts with Zendaya as Katara and its kinda like, do you only know one brown person or...?).
This user is TARP Staff

Post by Gia on Oct 7, 2020 20:16:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, aside from the fact that Zendaya is 24, and too old. That's another problem - they want to fancast 20+ actors, and it's like... it's possible to find younger actors who can play these parts, so you don't need to cast adults

Edit: And she's not Asian.
This user is TARP Staff
Last edit: Oct 7, 2020 20:17:21 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 15, 2020 12:17:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
And here's Part 3 for anyone curious:

Casting ATLA Part 3
This user is TARP Staff