The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

"Recasting ATLA" On YouTube

Post by Gia on Oct 7, 2020 18:42:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Okay, so I don't know if anyone has seen this before, but Bryan Seeker on YouTube does a lot of fan-casting. He typically really tries to do his research, and choose the best person for the role (in his opinion, of course). I have seen some of them, and I don't always agree, but they're entertaining anyway. He has started recasting ATLA. Here are the link to the first two videos: Part One and Part Two.

Have you seen this? What do you think?
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 7, 2020 19:26:57 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I haven't, but I think this is GREAT. I would honestly, honestly, love a live action ATLA that appropriately casts the right age and ethnicities for all the characters. I think this is very thoughtful as well, it doesn't default to just well-known actresses (eg: I see a lot of fancasts with Zendaya as Katara and its kinda like, do you only know one brown person or...?).
This user is Mod

Post by Gia on Oct 7, 2020 20:16:24 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Yeah, aside from the fact that Zendaya is 24, and too old. That's another problem - they want to fancast 20+ actors, and it's like... it's possible to find younger actors who can play these parts, so you don't need to cast adults

Edit: And she's not Asian.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 7, 2020 20:17:21 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Oct 15, 2020 12:17:07 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
And here's Part 3 for anyone curious:

Casting ATLA Part 3
This user is Mod