The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

How are you doing?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 3, 2020 14:54:38 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Yo it's been a hellish year so just a check in: how are y'all managing?

Things are OK here with me and . It's been rough but we're fortunate enough that we still have regular income. Our quality of life hasn't changed much, aside from being cooped up inside the house.

Mentally it's been stressful though. It's harder to have solid work / not work boundaries (at least, for me), and it's harder to disengage from online activity since now all of my activity has to be online. Part of me feels like I shouldn't complain because I at least have work, but at the same time if I'm not careful I might burn out (trying not to, though).

hbu?
This user is Mod
Last edit: Sept 3, 2020 14:55:32 GMT -6

Post by Gia on Sept 12, 2020 18:02:22 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
It's been hard.

I got furloughed back in March, and it's not looking up. My boss is keeping me updated, and I spoke to our AGM when I went by to get some tips I forgot I had and she doesn't expect things to lighten up until next year. I'm looking for something flexible that I can work with if/when my real job comes back, but I haven't had too much luck, but I am still looking. Unemployment is getting me by, and I managed to pay off one of my credit cards, but that won't last forever.

It's been hard being stuck in the house with nowhere to go, and it's been hard for my creativity. I'm trying, and poking along with stuff, so that's about all I can do. and my other roommate are still working.

So, it's going. That's about it atm.
This user is Mod

Post by Lady Eve on Oct 8, 2020 10:15:38 GMT -6

Lady Eve Avatar
Args, I hate working with the public especially now. Does it seem that people are getting dumber? I should be thankful that I still have a job, and keeping what is left of my sanity intact. Which isn't that much if you ask Gia. 

Not getting hazard pay at work, and no raises for risking my health. Be ready for a tale from retail.

In our state it is required for you to wear a mask when out in public places and to try to stay six feet away from others, to slow the spread of covid19. Last night I had a d.a. come in without wearing one, he was informed to wear one, he pulled it out of his pocket and continued to be on his cell. I had to leave my register and walk over to him, to make sure that he heard me. He told me that he would put it on after he was done with his conversation. Another customer got involved and we shamed that dude. 

Got to love it when stuff like that happens, and find the humor in little things to help us through these dark times. I hope this all ends soon so that we can get back to normal and not go stir crazy.
This user is Player