The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Voice Acting Challenge Entry

Post by See on Sept 2, 2020 13:34:08 GMT -6

See Avatar
On Twitter, a person I follow has started to do a VA Challenge, in which you have to write, record and edit a scene or monologue within a 24-hour time limit. I missed the first one due to time zones (DARN YOU, GMT!) and the second one was group only.

BUT! The THIRD one, I was able to enter!

When you enter, you get three prompts to get you started: a genre, a line of dialogue you have to include, and an acting challenge you need to perform.

For me, my prompts were:
Genre: Thriller. Dialogue: "Don't forget what happened." Acting Challenge: Include a breakdown.

This was the final product, which ended up coming in second place!

If you want to check out the other entries (which I highly recommend, they were a lot of amazing ones for this round), you can check out the Twitter thread HERE!

The OP is also the woman who organizes the challenge, so if anyone reading this is interested in participating in future ones, go give her a follow and keep your eyes peeled! They are a hell of a lot of fun to do.

If I do any more (most likely), I'll add them to the thread. Feel free to add your own here too, should any of you join in!
This user is Player

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 14, 2020 15:31:57 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Man, this is so nice! Congrats on taking second place, it's honestly well deserved. Have you had any formal acting training / voice coaching? Or are you a natural dab hand at it?

Ogre's been a little on the busy side as of late but I think he would really appreciate this. I hope y'all have a chance to talk about voice acting together.
This user is Mod

Post by See on Sept 15, 2020 14:50:01 GMT -6

See Avatar
Thank you so much! It was an absolute blast to make, and having to do everything, from the writing to the acting to even the sound effects, all in 24 hours was a fascinating challenge. And no, I haven't had any real acting training! I've been tempted to try some online classes, but with the time difference they often start about an hour before I'm heading off to sleep.

I hope he can give one of these challenges a whirl, they are truly fun to do!

This user is Player

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Sept 26, 2020 1:35:33 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
We need to soundproof his office first. It's pretty empty so there's a lot of [wavy hands] weird sound things that happens when he records. But yes, hopefully he can start creating his portfolio soon, and I'll definitely encourage him to do these little challenges too!
This user is Mod