The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Harry Plotter and the Chamber of Ideas

Anonymous
Jul 29, 2017 22:40:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 29, 2017 22:40:46 GMT -6

Punny titles. Am I doing it right?

Anyway, hi! I'm Serpent, a new guy with a new character that is interested in plotting with the veterans! I have only one character, Harish, but I have a feeling I can do a lot with him! Here's an overview of his character:

Harish Liang is a 26 year old earthbender with pure Earth Kingdom ancestry (as far as he's aware). He works as a metalbending construction worker for Daojing Construction Inc. His elder brother, Sanzen, works for the city shipyard, while his sister has carved a more successful career path as a journalist for the Republic City Times. The Liangs have suffered a great loss owing to the Battle for Republic City: their late father, Tanu, a successful urban planner for Republic City, got caught in the crossfire between the Equalists and the metalbenders and lost his life. Presently, all three Liang children are working to support themselves and their widowed mother, Min Jee, who has retired to a quiet neighborhood outside the downtown area (where the Liangs felt safer from the menace of the Equalists during the uprising). Harish himself has "the personality of a rock", as his mother would say. He's cold and aloof, but he does have dreams and emotions. He just keeps them locked away, survival taking precedence over indulgence in the wake of the circulating rumors of the Galgori and the disappearances of prominent benders. He leads a modest existence as a construction worker, while simultaneously worrying over his journalist sister, who has taken a keen interest in the quelled Equalist movement. She has lately been interviewing sympathizers of the movement, as well as searching for the ex-Equalists themselves. Harish is concerned that she may be biting off more than she can chew.

I don't have any specific plot ideas in mind. Seeing how serious a character Harish is, a light-hearted plot may be too out of character for him. I'd like to use his sister in some way as a plot device, but of course I'm open to ideas. You can probably find Harish at the Southern Water Tribe Cultural Center, where he and his crew are appending a new wing to the building; an unnamed neighborhood on the west end of Republic City, where he owns a flat; at the Port, where he might be visiting his brother; or at the Republic City Times HQ, where he might be visiting his sister (I'm not exactly sure where this is canonically). Or you might find him in the Dragon Flats District, downing a pint at a saloon or having a row with some no-good scoundrel. Or gambling.

Let me know your thoughts!
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 30, 2017 14:42:12 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 19:44:20 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 19:44:20 GMT -6

Your character seems very nice and well thought out, if you would like I'm open for an rp with my character Gozu. Knowing your character you would most likely find him at the docks working, at a saloon, or gambling (check character page to know). message me if you would like to rp.
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 19:52:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 19:52:46 GMT -6

Thanks! Your character is really interesting as well. I'd be happy to RP.
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 20:03:27 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 20:03:27 GMT -6

Although she is quite a bit younger than Harish with her only being 17, my character Mitsuko could work well with him. She is a bit opposite to him in personality, however she is going through some similar issues of being torn between staying quiet about her bending abilities or being proud of something that she loves. She has also been hit with tragedy due to the growing crisis of benders and non-benders as her brother, a Firebender, was one of the benders who disappeared in the middle of the night, never to return. Due to this, she tries to stay updated with information about the Equalists and what they are doing in the hopes that she can find her brother.

I would want to do a more serious RP as well and I think we could easily include his sister as a part of the plot/ as a plot device. They could meet at a number of places but perhaps she'd be wandering around the Dragon Flats District in search of someone who might have information on where he brother could be. Like I mentioned earlier, Mitsuko is quite different in personality but I think that could make things a little bit more interesting with how they interact.

Sorry this ended up being so long! Also, I love your punny title, it's great.
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 20:05:41 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 20:05:41 GMT -6

Okay, message me when you have made a thread.
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 20:20:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 20:20:32 GMT -6

leath Avatar
Although she is quite a bit younger than Harish with her only being 17, my character Mitsuko could work well with him. She is a bit opposite to him in personality, however she is going through some similar issues of being torn between staying quiet about her bending abilities or being proud of something that she loves. She has also been hit with tragedy due to the growing crisis of benders and non-benders as her brother, a Firebender, was one of the benders who disappeared in the middle of the night, never to return. Due to this, she tries to stay updated with information about the Equalists and what they are doing in the hopes that she can find her brother.

I would want to do a more serious RP as well and I think we could easily include his sister as a part of the plot/ as a plot device. They could meet at a number of places but perhaps she'd be wandering around the Dragon Flats District in search of someone who might have information on where he brother could be. Like I mentioned earlier, Mitsuko is quite different in personality but I think that could make things a little bit more interesting with how they interact.

Sorry this ended up being so long! Also, I love your punny title, it's great.

I can totally see that working. She sounds like an interesting character, and their differences would make for an amusingly dynamic relationship. Would you be interested in participating in an open thread with mine and King's characters, since we all seem to positioned - at least, in part - around the Dragon Flats District? Perhaps we could start at the Golden Fan Saloon or Lemurland, both located in the district.

I'll go ahead and make an open thread, in any case.
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 30, 2017 20:22:21 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 20:37:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 20:37:08 GMT -6

serpent Avatar
I can totally see that working. She sounds like an interesting character, and their differences would make for an amusingly dynamic relationship. Would you be interested in participating in an open thread with mine and King's characters, since we all seem to positioned - at least, in part - around the Dragon Flats District? Perhaps we could start at the Golden Fan Saloon or Lemurland, both located in the district.

I'll go ahead and make an open thread, in any case.
Sure, that sounds great! I'm fine with starting at either place, it's up to you. Just let me know when the thread is up!
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 21:01:42 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 21:01:42 GMT -6

Im fine with a group rp it sounds fun.
Anonymous
Jul 30, 2017 21:16:18 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 30, 2017 21:16:18 GMT -6

Thread's been posted. It's called Lost and Found. Sorry for the wait!
Anonymous
Jul 31, 2017 10:51:51 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 31, 2017 10:51:51 GMT -6

Oops, I didn't mean to post on my character account.

Also, if you guys were wondering, the title is more or less named so in respect to Leath's character's dilemma. I wasn't exactly sure what we were doing with the plot, so I figured a series of losses, searches, and (potential) discoveries would be apt for our characters. Hence the title.