The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Post-A-Thought

Anonymous
Feb 21, 2017 18:54:08 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 21, 2017 18:54:08 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Thanks, but no-go. I have a history of heart problems and anxiety and stimulants aggravate that.
oof, yeah. Bad Idea. A friend of mine had to go to the hospital for drinking too many of them. You could have a friend with an airhorn follow you around?
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 21, 2017 19:36:18 GMT -6

galaxy4314 Avatar
Thanks, but no-go. I have a history of heart problems and anxiety and stimulants aggravate that.
oof, yeah. Bad Idea. A friend of mine had to go to the hospital for drinking too many of them. You could have a friend with an airhorn follow you around?

ahaha. well i do work from home so i think i might take a nap beforehand and hope that works ;x
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 22, 2017 8:36:35 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 22, 2017 8:36:35 GMT -6

I do not have time to have a cold, cut that nonsense out body

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 22, 2017 8:41:00 GMT -6

my STUPID CAT ate YARN
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 22, 2017 21:34:22 GMT -6

first day of my new job complete.
verdict: i freaking love my job
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 23, 2017 0:31:22 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2017 0:31:22 GMT -6

My cat keeps chewing on my arm??? I don't know why, and it's mostly just confusing.
Anonymous
Feb 23, 2017 0:41:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2017 0:41:21 GMT -6

Oh dear god, i cant get Hall & Oates out of my head

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 23, 2017 18:58:53 GMT -6

pho is so good
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 23, 2017 20:59:00 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 23, 2017 20:59:00 GMT -6

I went back to school this week after being out for 2 and 1/2 years. It's weird, but I forgot how much I love academia.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 23, 2017 21:48:21 GMT -6

tenshio Avatar
I went back to school this week after being out for 2 and 1/2 years. It's weird, but I forgot how much I love academia.

feels good dun' it. i went back in 2015 after ten years and it was phenom. made dean's list too :')
alas my health :(
This user is Mod

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 25, 2017 11:22:18 GMT -6

hap burday 2 me
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 25, 2017 11:31:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 25, 2017 11:31:06 GMT -6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAMI!
Anonymous
Feb 25, 2017 12:00:52 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 25, 2017 12:00:52 GMT -6

ERMAGHERD, HERPPER BERTHDUR!!!
Anonymous
Feb 26, 2017 1:52:25 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2017 1:52:25 GMT -6

I got exams so I won't be posting for a while. See you guys in a week or so. :^)
Anonymous
Feb 26, 2017 2:54:04 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 26, 2017 2:54:04 GMT -6

Is that why there's not a lot of activity?

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 26, 2017 10:31:06 GMT -6

zao Avatar
I got exams so I won't be posting for a while. See you guys in a week or so. :^)

Good luck on your exams! For next time, though, we do have a leaving & returning thread so you can let us know of your absences — we might miss it if you post anywhere else!

galaxy4314 Avatar
Feb 26, 2017 2:54:04 GMT -6 @galaxy4314 said:
Is that why there's not a lot of activity?

Probably not. A bunch of factors contribute to this, but the three big ones are:

1. AtLA / LoK RP forums aren't really all that hopping anymore. TARP is 12 years old and we've weathered literally YEARS between seasons, since we started just eight months after the pilot episode aired. We are the oldest still-running RP-centric Avatar based forum on ProBoards, if not in general (Hou Tian, a sister forum, is a month younger than us). Not to mention this is a "dead" fandom — there's no new content being released that is accessible to all fans (eg: comics that not everyone can buy) and the last episode aired in 2014 with barely any new information since. It's not like, say, Harry Potter, where while the main series is over, Pottermore releases new content every couple of months or the recent release of Cursed Child.

2. RP forums aren't as popular as they used to be in general, as demonstrated by google analytics:

If you notice, RP forums were huge in 2005 - 2007, which were also our peak years and coincided with the original "burst" of AtLA fandom. As you can see though in recent years it has tapered off significantly.

3. We are all incredibly, incredibly busy and a vast majority of the participating members aren't in school and are instead working professionals. In addition to starting a new job, I am also a full time freelancer. I'm the most active of the bunch because I work from home so it's easier for me to sneak in a few posts when I ought to be working — my boss isn't going to be looking over my shoulder / doesn't care bc of my job (or alternatively I'm my own boss and sanction these breaks).

If you want to see more activity, please feel free to spread news of us by word of mouth! We have a facebook page, I made a post on tumblr advertising us, we advertise & affiliate on other sites, and so on, but there's only so much a two-person show can do! We can't justify adding more staff to help us with this level of activity, so we rely on our members putting out the word.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Feb 26, 2017 10:34:43 GMT -6

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Feb 28, 2017 13:55:40 GMT -6

getting hair and nails done for belated birthday present (:
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Feb 28, 2017 14:01:21 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Feb 28, 2017 14:01:21 GMT -6

We are all incredibly, incredibly busy and a vast majority of the participating members aren't in school and are instead working professionals. 
Yep, that would be my situation! 11 hours/day preparing for, commuting to, and being at work is okay if it isn't too busy: I can sometimes sneak in a post here and there! But when it is busy I hardly even want to look at a computer anymore tbh lol.

Needing to find an apartment doesn't help either. How are you supposed to balance a) keeping rent low and b) not rooming with strangers/bad roommates??

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Mar 1, 2017 13:54:05 GMT -6

i don't like my haircut. rip.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
Mar 1, 2017 16:01:44 GMT -6