The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Probending Recruitment [Updated 06.17.2012]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 18, 2012 19:26:54 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Probending Season Begins: June 25th

Season Matches
Date
Home Team
vs.
Away Team
June 25The Flying Koivs.The Lion Turtles
July 11Dragon-Hawksvs.Raven-Eagles
July 27Arctic Wolvesvs.Armadillo-Wolves
August 13Viperbatsvs.Purple Pentapuses

If you are looking to establish one of our eight probending teams, please post here instead of making a new thread. Each team should have only ONE post. Please list the type of benders you are looking for, including skill level and particular temperament.

** Only post if you are looking to FORM a team. Please don't post asking if teams want you to join them.

If you are filling a request, remember that you still have to post a profile for that character before you can play in the tournament.

Please decide on a team name following the show's "animals" theme.

TEAMS DO **NOT** NEED TO MEET IN THE RP BEFORE BEING LISTED HERE.
The Probending Arena operates differently from the regular RP boards, so it is okay to play as a team before it "officially" happens in the RP.

———

Current teams

EDIT: As an incentive - the team that wins the finals (or reaches the semi-finals, for this first season) will receive 50 Karma points a piece, a (PG13 appropriate / Rule-Abiding) custom title of their choice, as well as a custom made Avatar & Sig set from Kami!

* Formerly Eelhounds, as per recruitment thread, but changed to avoid confusion with the canon Ember Island Eelhounds team.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 28, 2012 17:16:24 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 19, 2012 0:28:02 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 19, 2012 0:28:02 GMT -6

I'm looking for an earthbender and a waterbender to team up with my firebender. I'd prefer to team up with people closer to Zheng's age than not (16-21), but that's not written in stone.

In a nutshell, Zheng is a driven young man of just above average skill, hiding deep insecurities behind a mask of determination and easily disillusioned when harshly criticized. Click here for his profile if you wish to check him out further. ^_^

If you feel that you are interested in making an earth or water bending character or already possess one that you think could get along with Zheng, please PM me and we can organise a meeting of the three and take things from there! :)

I'd like to ask for characters who are about average in skill so that the team can train and get better together. Again, this is not necessary but it would make things more interesting! :D

EDIT: Both positions have now been filled.
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 25, 2012 14:04:55 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 19, 2012 2:44:15 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 19, 2012 2:44:15 GMT -6

Anya, Tu and I are going to have a team ready to go soon. My Riku is the Waterbender, Anya is the Firebender and Tu's character will be the Earthbender. We're not totally ready as Tu still needs to finish his profile, but we're are in the starting blocks... or maybe the teams' locker room sounds better.

Our team name is the Crescent Island's Raven Eagles

EDIT: So it'll be Anya, Mizu and I in the end, with Tu as a replacement. The above positions stand, but Mizu's Mei Hiraoka will be the primary Earthbender... And I think we can pretty much go ahead and state that Anya's the captain - she did start the team afterall. *bows*
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jun 19, 2012 15:32:08 GMT -6
luna
May 28, 2012 20:54:48 GMT -6

Post by luna on May 28, 2012 20:54:48 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Xifeng is looking to start a team! As she's a firebender, there needs to be a waterbender and an earthbender who'd be willing to join with her.

Xifeng is an aggressive, sarcastic, and independent young woman. She gets frustrated easily, has a mega temper, and likes to fight with others be it sparring or real. What she needs are team members who have a lot of patience. Their skills should be close to hers, and the age does not really matter.

One of the members, doesn't matter if they're earth or water, needs to be calm and assertive, or at least stern. They should have the air of a leader and command respect. Xifeng needs a strong person who isn't afraid to stand in her way and tell her to calm down and grow up. They may end up in a fight during their first meeting.

The other member should be nice and likable, or at least friendly towards Xifeng. They may end up having to keep peace between she and the other teammate. Genders don't matter.

If this sounds interesting, you have a character who sounds right, or you want to negotiate on the personalities a bit, please PM me!

Edit: Zenkai has agreed to be the earthbender. Our waterbender is waiting for their application to be accepted. We've decided on being the Lion Turtles.

Edit 2: Karouda's app has been approved. We have everyone now.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luna: Jun 13, 2012 23:13:38 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 28, 2012 21:25:30 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Ren'ai, Yuri, and Kamil have not officially met in the RP, but they will the Dragon Hawks team. There are no alternates, and Ren'ai is Team Captain.

Edit: We might a Waterbender to sub for Kamil. His activity might be declining, so we might need someone to replace him if necessary.
This user is Mod
Last edit: Jul 19, 2012 14:32:17 GMT -6
byakko
Jun 11, 2012 15:16:03 GMT -6

Post by byakko on Jun 11, 2012 15:16:03 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
EDIT: We have a full team now, consisting of Byakko, Hotaru, and Miksa. Still waiting for a response on deciding the team name, will resend the PM in case there were issues.
This user is a guest
Last edit by luna: Jun 21, 2012 16:40:50 GMT -6
jin
Jun 14, 2012 17:25:12 GMT -6

Post by jin on Jun 14, 2012 17:25:12 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I'd like to state that the Flying Koi, composed of Sigan, Sashu "Ash" Momoi (Also the captain), and Jin Hoshigawa, are all accepted.
This user is a guest
yukari
Jun 17, 2012 23:41:09 GMT -6

Post by yukari on Jun 17, 2012 23:41:09 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
If anyone's looking to make a team, and needs a fire bender, I've got one right here! Yukari is looking for both a water bender and an earth bender.

Skill level should be around the same as Yukari's, but as long as the member is working hard in Yukari's eyes, it should be fine.. She herself has only been seriously training for two years, though she has a general background of bending of at least ten.

Yuka is, however, very hard headed, and not afraid to be blunt and critical. She can even be considered rude by others, though she doesn't mean it personally. She is simply just horrible in social situations. So others will have to deal with her bad behavior, but realize that she is taking the probending season seriously. She will be a good teammate, once you start working with her.

EDIT: Jeon Gangjun will be the water bender, and Rozai Zhang will be the earth bender.

The name will be determined soon!

EDIT: We will be the Arctic Wolves

Kami edit: It looks like this team is in need of a FIREBENDER. Please contact either Zhang or Jeong. Thank you!
This user is a guest
Last edit: Jul 18, 2012 23:42:47 GMT -6
mitsumie
Jun 27, 2012 17:26:19 GMT -6

Post by mitsumie on Jun 27, 2012 17:26:19 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Even though it's past the 25th, did you want to have the last team spot filled? If so, I would really like to start filling that spot with my firebender.

Edit: Koolbeans! Okay, so I have my firebender named Yuriko who is a ball of joy! Despite being all smiles, Yuriko is as experienced at firebending as an 20 year old can be. She has been practicing her art ever since she could produce a flame and wants to know the glory she talks about in her stories. Yuriko also brings her calculating and strategizing personality that will crack out a great plan for success.

So for a team, I was hoping for a balanced group. Age is not a big factor, but since Yuriko is on the younger side maybe older team members would be interested. As far as ability? I just want people who are determined to be better than what they are now; for whatever reason. That should also be the general temperament of the group: determination. Heck, the ideal team I was thinking about was a group who didn't get along, but looked past it to train together and be determined enough to become better and win!

PURPLE PENTAPUSES!

Fire: Yuriko Oki
Water: Takeo Maeda
Earth: Benjiro Riku

Edit: I would love to have him! Takeo will be our WaterBender.
Edit: FULL TEAM! AND TEAM NAME DECIDED!
This user is a guest
Last edit by luna: Jun 30, 2012 15:16:44 GMT -6