The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Help for Characters

Anonymous
Jul 11, 2012 0:22:01 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 11, 2012 0:22:01 GMT -6

Because of the whole, recent thing with making original characters and whatnot, I was inspired a little bit to find ways on how to make more unique, yet not obeying the stereotypes and so on. I found a few links and hope they'll be helpful to everyone. ;D

www.elfwood.com/farp/thewriting/mfocharacter/mfocharacter.html

www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=174318

www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewstory.php?sid=7399

www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/lesson_images/lesson175/traits.pdf

www.virtuescience.com/virtuelist.html

www.hurva.org/Docs/campaign/characters/background.html

I hope they help :)
This user is a former member

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jul 11, 2012 0:42:15 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Thanks for the links! I do want to stress, though, that it's not the stereotypes we have a problem with, it's what people do with them! So while yes, it is a trope to have an orphan character (for example), it's not a problem if you try and let it be a part of the backstory instead of defining the character completely. :]

I think your links will be extremely helpful! I've had a look, and they are very well put - so thanks for being such a helpful fellow member :]
This user is Mod