The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Possible spoilers] Making the connection

Anonymous
Jun 22, 2012 16:34:59 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 22, 2012 16:34:59 GMT -6

Guess who's back !! Back again !! Blah blah blah !! Lah dee dah !!... Another one's going to die under my watch >.>

The purpose of this thread is easy enough. There are 70 years between the moment Katara kisses Aang after the end of the war, and the moment Katara blesses Korra on her journey to Republic City. I think everyone of us big fans has thought about what could have happened during these 70 years at least once. What happened to this guy ? Who got married ? Are they dead ? Who's your daddy ?

Well, you can post your crazy theories here ! Or you can be a kill joy joy and post the whole truth that you might have found out about. The important thing is that you bring yourself some closure about something that happened in ATLA, or maybe find an explanation on how something in TLOK can be.... And share with each other, of course. I personally only have one thing I'd like to share at the moment:

I'm pretty sure Bumi's dead *stated the obvious*bows*
This user is a former member
Last edit by Deleted: Jul 1, 2012 20:19:00 GMT -6
Anonymous
Jul 1, 2012 20:53:11 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jul 1, 2012 20:53:11 GMT -6

..Fine then. I can do this on my own <.< Don't read this unless you've watched up to Episode 09 'Out Of The Past.'

I'll start with Republic City. I've been running numbers. Fourty two years prio to what I'll call the ECE - Equalist Coup d'Etat - Toph was Chief of police. That makes twenty eight years after the end of the war, and eight years after Lin's suppposed birth, nine after Tenzin's. According to Avatar wikia, and to Cabbage Corp's (surprising) role in Republic city's technological advancement for over fifty years, that latter was up and running to an extent at least twenty years after said war. But Toph opened a Metalending Academy right after the war, outside Yu Dao. For those who don't know Yu Dao is the place where the Fire Nation colonists and Earth Kingdom residents first opposed the Harmony Restoration Movement.

Where am I going with this ? I'm just wondering how in nineteen years - because the idea of the United Republic only began existing after one year of the Harmony Restoration Movement being put into motion - they managed to create an entire city that would become a capital, and have it completely functional. Not to mention that Toph had obligations as headmaster of the Metalbending Academy, so I wonder how she came to become chief of police eight years later.

...Take the bait, you know you wanna. *bows*
This user is a former member