The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Psychology anyone?

Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012 20:35:58 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2012 20:35:58 GMT -6

Hello! Not quite sure if I'm allowed to talk here, since on some sites, they require you to be accepted first o3o

I find psychology fascinating and found an article on handwriting! linky

I thought it was pretty interesting. Anyone else here into psychology wishing to discuss it?
This user is a former member
yakone
Jun 29, 2012 20:41:02 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 29, 2012 20:41:02 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
I find psychology interesting actually. I'm taking Psych II for my senior year in high school.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012 20:49:39 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2012 20:49:39 GMT -6

Cool! I took Psych last semester (it's a one semester long class, here) and taking AP Psych in exchange for not taking P.E. (I have a lot of health problems ??? )
yakone
Jun 29, 2012 21:00:21 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 29, 2012 21:00:21 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Same here (the semester long class part). Anyhoo....sorry bout your health problems :(
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012 21:04:13 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2012 21:04:13 GMT -6

It's alright. I exaggerated them a bit so I could get out of P.E. though. I have asthma, muscle spasms and chronic headaches, which most oftenly progress into migraines.

What did you talk about in your Psych class?
yakone
Jun 29, 2012 21:38:22 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 29, 2012 21:38:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
The basics of the brain and mental disorders and, of course, the study of psychology itself. Psych II will go into more detail.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012 22:56:06 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2012 22:56:06 GMT -6

Ah. We kind of jumped around from abnormal psychology to personality types. For a while, we learned about cognitive behavior and classical conditioning. Then my teacher had his man-period and then the class went downhill. It was weird.
[/size]
kgal
Jun 29, 2012 23:30:22 GMT -6

Post by kgal on Jun 29, 2012 23:30:22 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Hey, I took Psych 101 last fall. However, it was the more chemical/physical component of psychology, whereas Psych 102 (which I didn't take) was more of the stuff like handwriting indicating personality traits, etc. We mostly focused on stuff like the history of psychology, the experiments done by those scientists, and other things like nerve stimulation, hormones, and conditioning.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 29, 2012 23:33:46 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 29, 2012 23:33:46 GMT -6

Oh, yeah. We focused on the history of psychology just a little bit. Like the Stanford Prison experiment, the shock experiment (I don't remember if it's called that, but the test was focused on the shocker, not those receiving the shock) and whatnot. We didn't really go into the chemical part of it though. That's what the AP psych class focuses on.
[/size]
yakone
Jun 30, 2012 13:29:38 GMT -6

Post by yakone on Jun 30, 2012 13:29:38 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
B F Skinner and all those guys...good times....good times....lol
This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Jun 30, 2012 13:35:18 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
I kind of dabble in psychology as a hobby, stemming mostly from a desire to understand various mental illnesses — especially my own bipolar disorder. I also find general behavioural studies fascinating.
This user is Mod
quinseparable
Jun 30, 2012 13:58:31 GMT -6

Post by quinseparable on Jun 30, 2012 13:58:31 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ah, psychology. It was actually my college major for a while (I decided that being a psychologist would not be a very good career for someone suffering with severe depression, among various other mental problems), but I still find it fascinating. The human mind is an amazing and complex thing! I love learning about how it will do certain things to protect the "sanity" of the rest of itself.
This user is a guest
Anonymous
Jun 30, 2012 15:31:34 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on Jun 30, 2012 15:31:34 GMT -6

Aw, I'm sorry guys. I know depression hurts, Kira. And I've had several friends that struggle with bipolar, so I can understand. :'(

As well, I suffer from a more severe form of dsythima, yet not major depressive disorder. I also show a few symptoms of PTSD but not entire to be diagnosed with it. However, I am well medicated and in therapy, so I'm doing fairly well for the time being. I do plan on becoming a therapist. Ever since I started treatment and made some friends, I became the go-to person for all emotional/drama problems. Helping others comes very easy to me ^^

I love, well, analyzing my friends. I'm not evil, but I do tend to use this to my advantage to manipulate people for the better. I don't know if this is considered evil, either, but I did break up a couple (both of which were my friends) who had an off/on relationship that made both of them stressed. The male was the better of my friends and he was suffering from it pretty bad :/

Also, I tend to make it a priority to compliment any and everyone I see, hoping to make their day :3