The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

[Spoilers] The Avengers

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 6, 2012 0:24:52 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
Josh and I just got back from watching the Avengers movie. It was FANTASTIC. Scarlet Johannsen was amazing and gorgeous, RDJ was perfection as usual, Hiddleston was fab as Loki, Chris Emsworth was in his element (harrrrr) as Thor... and while I was sad Edward Norton wasnt the Hulk, whoever the new guy is was pretty great. The guy who played Hawkeye was attractive and did a good job, but as he spent most of his screentime as a silent villain i dont have much opinion on his character. Capt. America was pretty neat, but I have never been a huge fan of the hero.

Story wise, fab as usual. Whedon did a great job as expected, and balanced the serious, sad, action, and derp wonderfully. Looking forward to the next movie.
This user is Mod
Last edit: May 6, 2012 0:25:34 GMT -6

Post by Gia on May 6, 2012 21:05:23 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
I know! It was awesome. I loved it! I also loved both post-credits scenes (yes, there was two of them). All of this was despite a few loud kids and a crying baby with parents that wouldn't take it out... All things considered, I can't wait for the sequel.
This user is Mod
munchkinator
May 6, 2012 22:48:16 GMT -6

Post by munchkinator on May 6, 2012 22:48:16 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Ahhh... I've heard nothing but good things about this movie and STILL haven't seen it, even after my parents and little sister took it upon themselves to watch it without me >_< haha. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it sometime this week though, I need to catch up on my movies!
This user is a guest
Last edit by munchkinator: May 6, 2012 22:55:32 GMT -6
Anonymous
May 7, 2012 11:27:12 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2012 11:27:12 GMT -6

Saw it Saturday night. I was expecting a fun but ultimately forgettable superhero movie, but I was surprised by how good it was. I'm a bit skeptical of Joss Whedon's writing--for example, I love Firefly but couldn't get through more than three episodes of Buffy--but as Kami said, he struck a great balance, and I especially loved all the humor in the script. I assume there will be a sequel, and I look forward to that. I'll definitely be buying the movie when it comes out on DVD.
This user is a former member
Anonymous
May 7, 2012 13:52:40 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 7, 2012 13:52:40 GMT -6

I haven't seen it but I have all these feelings about RDJ.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read Tenshio's blasphemy about my beloved Buffy. Maybe it's an age thing. ;)

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 7, 2012 14:46:06 GMT -6

Im just going to ignore his blasphemy about Whedon in general. =P Im surprised only one person died, Whedon does like giving us sad feels.

Z, if you have RDJ feels go watch Avengers. Unf, he is absolute PERFECTION. No joke.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 16, 2012 18:00:32 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2012 18:00:32 GMT -6

I just got back from seeing it a few minutes ago and was pleasantly surprised. I actually like that Hawkeye was basically just there for Black Widow's character development. I got a huge kick when Banner and Stark were talking science while the other people in the room had that look like a dog who has just been shown a card trick. Maybe they should have thrown in Ant Man for brainy triumvirate.

I was hoping Edward Norton would come back but guy who wasn't Ed Norton did well. Best of all, Whedon dialogue that wasn't too, uh...Whedonesque. His dialogue is fun but when everyone is super clever it's just too much.

Like a fool, I walked out after the first post-credit sequence with a certain devotee of death. I heard there was a second but I call back to my earlier statement about being a fool.

Post by Gia on May 16, 2012 18:02:31 GMT -6

Gia Avatar
Haha, Hangetsu, I'm sure it's up on the internet somewhere for you to find it. It was short and kind of silly (at least to me) but it was fun.
This user is Mod
Anonymous
May 16, 2012 18:12:44 GMT -6

Post by Deleted on May 16, 2012 18:12:44 GMT -6

Ah. For once I'm glad to find spoilers on the internet. I was actually hoping for that scene at the end of the movie.
Any speculation on who will be in the sequel? Hopefully VIsion and Scarlet Witch to get the issue of human/Android love some attention. Or (dare I hope?) this is all just set up for the Pet Avengers movie.

Post by A Long Display Name Here on May 16, 2012 20:53:35 GMT -6

Bruce + Tony + Science = O3P.
This user is Mod