The Avatar RP | An Avatar: The Last Airbender Roleplay

Guest Avatar

Welcome, Guest!

Please Login or Register.

Previously, on Avatar...

Plot Update 10 March 2021

A year has passed since Fire Lord Zuko ascended the throne, and it seems like trouble is brewing between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom once more. The Fire Lord and the Avatar began the Harmony Restoration Movement to restore the Fire Nation Colonies to their pre-war state by bringing any Fire Nation nationals back home, but for many of the citizens — of mixed Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom … Read more ›

The Moderation Team

Latest TARP News

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

We're making some changes to adjust to our new plot. Sorry for the delay! We will be up and running shortly.

Mike & Bryan leave Netflix Adaptation

The original creators of ATLA quit the Netflix series, citing creative differences & an unsupportive environment.

Be My Forever Girl? [tag: Korra]

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Oct 14, 2012 21:21:00 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
This was it. Go time. He'd grabbed the air bison by the horns (so to speak) and had asked her out after their last match. She was looking a little bummed — probably because Mako was being a butt about the match. Again. — and what better way to cheer up the most fabulous girl alive than by taking her out on the most mind-blowingest date of her life?

They had parted ways after the match, mainly because Korra had wanted to go take a shower. Sure, yeah, he got that. Really, who'd want to go on a date smelling like sweat and the Drink? (Seriously, when was the last time they changed the water in that thing? Phew!) So, while Korra headed to the Island, he had headed upstairs to get ready.

The hot water really hit the spot. But the shower was quick - he didn't want to be late for the Most Important Night Ever. Bolin combed back his hair, borrowed a little pomade from Mako — just a little. No one wanted hair too greasy to run fingers through — then brushed his teeth and put on a clean set of clothes.

Maybe, if things went well tonight, they could double-date with Mako and Asami! That would be the BEST thing, probably.

Checking his looks in the mirror once more before he left (Lookin' good, hot stuff!), Bolin slipped out of the Arena grounds shortly before seven. The sun had already fallen, and the night was pleasantly crisp as he sped on the ferry toward Air Temple Island.

The closer he got, the faster the butterflies in his stomach fluttered. It wasn't that he was nervous, necessarily, because Korra was his friend first. They'd have a good time, no matter what! But he really, really liked her too. Bolin hoped in his heart of hearts that the date would end really well, and he could ask her for another, and they could be the Unstoppable Duo of Awesome and Also Love.

When the ferry docked, he all but sped toward the Island, nearly knocking over an Acolyte in his hurry. "Sorry--!" he called back, not stopping until he reached the main courtyard. He asked for Korra, and soon she was at the door, a vision of strength and beauty. She dressed like she normally did, but still, she took his breath away.

Wow.

Composing himself, he sauntered up to her and draped an arm around her shoulders. "Are you ready for your night of Magical Adventure?" he asked, sweeping his hand over the city's skyline to encompass it all. "Personally guaranteed by this handsome young man next to you to be the fabulousest night you've had in this city."

He grinned widely. "You look great."
This user is Mod
Last edit: Oct 14, 2012 21:28:41 GMT -6
seojin
Oct 28, 2012 11:43:49 GMT -6

Post by seojin on Oct 28, 2012 11:43:49 GMT -6

Guest Avatar
Korra had run, and ultimately swam to Air Temple Island. Air acolyte boats were too slow, even if she used WaterBending to propel them along. Her swim had sufficed as a pre-shower shower, but she still wanted to grab a quick proper shower.

Having showered, Korra went back to her room. She put a finger on her lips as she looked in her closet. Was she supposed to wear a nice dress on this date? Like the one she'd worn to the gala Tenzin had thrown? No, that wasn't right. Bolin would want to do more fun stuff, stuff she couldn't do in a dress. That decided Korra pulled on her usual gear. Checking herself in her mirror, she realized her hair was still wet. "No problem." she grinned, pulling at the water with her WaterBending.

Korra proceeded to open the window, and without looking, tossed the water out. There was a loud, "HEY!" Korra stopped and turned, looking out the window. Giving her a disdainful expression was one of the White Lotus guards. "Hey, uh... sorry about that!" she grinned, rubbing the back of her head. With a wave she pulled what water she could from the guard and tossed it in to a bush.

'Alright Korra, time to go have so fun! I mean, maybe hes not Mako, but Bolin is really great, right? You'll have a ton of fun, and he knows the city really well, of course! Yeah, this'll be great.'

Checking herself in the mirror one last time, she exited and went to meet Bolin outside of the courtyard. Part way there she stopped. 'Wait... Do I meet him out in the courtyard, or do I let him ask for me? Do I answer the door, or does an Acolyte? Why am I so bad at this?'

Trying to look cool and confident she waited around the main door. When someone knocked, she looked pointedly at an Acolyte. The Acolyte returned the gaze with a Why-don't-you-answer-it?. However, her patience won out and the Acolyte answered the door.

Korra stepped out, smiling at Bolin. He looked like he usually did, but maybe he'd done something different with his hair. 'Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't have come to the door so quickly so he didn't think I was hanging by it... Way to go Korra.'

"Magical Adventure, huh? Going to the spirit world are we?" she teased. This felt more comfortable, just speaking with him and exchanging verbal wordplay. "Though I do hope you can deliver on that promise. What happens if you don't, do I get a refund?" she poked at him playfully.

"Thanks, and I'm sure it will be great." she said more softly when he complimented her.

"So where do we go first?"

This user is a guest

Post by A Long Display Name Here on Nov 5, 2012 10:50:54 GMT -6

A Long Display Name Here Avatar
"First things first, we get off this island." Bolin grinned at her and led the way back to the ferry, chattering all the while. "This is going to be great, you'll see!" The earthbender tried to ignore how fast his heart was pounding, like he'd just gone toe-to-toe with Mako in practice. He waved at the ferrymen cheerfully, allowing Korra to board before him with a bow. "After you, mi'lady."

——

The ride back to the mainland was uneventful, but pleasant. Republic City really came alive at night; it glowed with bright lights all over the cityscape, almost like a halo around the city. He could see the Tower from here — a romantic hotspot. He made a note to end their night there.

Hailing a cab, Bolin whispered some directions to the driver, ushering Korra in. "Ever ridden a cab before?" he asked her. "I don't ride one too often, but they're really fun I think!" The vehicle sped along, and he did his best to point out landmarks to his date. "See that over there? That's probably the best candy shop in town. They're a little snooty," he turned his nose up to demonstrate, "but if you can get past that the candy is outtasight." He pointed out more of his favourite places: Airi's bakery, the little laundromat he never used but liked to sit in front of for the smell, the discount bookstore that always gave him a moon cake if he passed by. Bolin just couldn't stop smiling. He was on a date with Korra!

It wasn't long before they stopped at their destination. Paying the cab driver with some left over for tip, the young man thanked him for his service before opening the door to let Korra out. They were in front of Narook's Seaweed Noodlery — the best place to eat in Republic City (in his own amazing, and likely accurate opinion, of course).

He led the way, opening the doors for Korra like he thought a gentleman ought. "I thought you might be missing home a little," he said once they were both inside. "Narook's from the Southern Water Tribe too, and he says these noodles are authentic Southern Tribe cuisine."

Everyone greeted him enthusiastically as they approached. Bolin waved. "I'm kind of a regular here," he admitted sheepishly.

A pretty — though not prettier than Korra, of course — waitress came and sat them in a booth by a window. "I'll have two specials," Bolin told the waitress confidently with just a hint of swagger. She giggled and bowed, and went off to the kitchen.

"You'll love the special!" he told Korra, crossing his fingers under the table and hoping she would. "It's the best thing Narook makes! I've tried everything here, but nothing beats it." He grinned, leaning on his arm across the table and waggling his eyebrows at her. "You havin' a good time?" he asked.
This user is Mod